Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

01522 309200 Trust Headquarters, St George's, Long Leys Road , LINCOLN, Lincolnshire, LN1 1FS

This trust has not been rated yet.

n/a

No recommendations

This trust has not been rated yet.

charT92 reviewed Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

Given the circumstances, I couldn't have asked for better.

I had a bit of a mental health crisis (not what you might call a full suicide attempt, but there was self-harm involved and a very minor overdose).
I was physically not badly hurt or ill but was feeling very unstable and unsafe mentally, so I was taken to A&E. I was triaged very quickly and sympathetically, then had some blood tests which were again done efficiently (and I am notoriously difficult to get blood from! ) I had to wait a few hours to see a Mental Health Nurse, however during this time my fiancé and I were permitted to stay in a small private waiting room. I felt that this was a very sensitive move, as sitting in the main A&E waiting room might have added to my distress, and it gave me some privacy to talk to my partner about things.
I then spoke to the Mental Health Nurse who was on night duty (it was about 1am at this point). I sadly can't remember his name, please pass on this praise. He was absolutely brilliant - very calming, matter-of-fact, empathetic, and helped me to think a bit more positively after what had been a very distressing night. We spoke at length, and he gave me some very useful guidance and resources to look at, to make sure that I wasn't going home still agitated and upset.
Overall I was treated with a lot of empathy and kindness in A&E, which I really appreciated. Stigma and past experience with other services have tested my trust in getting appropriate mental health support before, but the treatment I received last night has helped to restore a little bit of my faith. Given the circumstances, I couldn't have asked for better.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017 using Care Opinion

Cathy Hobbs, Patient Experience Lead, Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 June 2017

Thank you for the positive feedback you gave regarding the support you received from the mental health nurse when you attended A and E. I am so pleased that your found his support calming and informative. I will ensure that your kind words are passed on to the mental health liaison team. I wish you well for the future.
Cathy Hobbs, Patient Experience Lead

Dissappointed Lincolnshire resident reviewed Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

lack of support for non-suicidal crises

I feel like if you are not a danger to yourself or others at this moment in time, you cannot get any advice on how to get interim support prior to getting an appointment.
Any one with Autism and having mental health issues associated with it cannot be accommodated at all it seems. My son's GP said Lincolnshire didn't have those services available and the CCG would not allow him to be referred outside.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017 using Care Opinion

Cathy Hobbs, Patient Experience Lead, Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 February 2017

Thank you for posting your concerns and I am sorry to hear of your experiences. Could I ask that you contact the Patient Experience Team at Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (LPFT) on 01529 222265 and we can then look further into the important issues you raise.
I look forward to talking with you.

t1 reviewed Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

I was given a CPN who believed in me

For such a long time I was dismissed and made to feel that my illness would affect the rest of my life and I would have no one as no one would want to listen or be friends with me. I got referred to the CMHT Grantham and Sleaford and my life changed. I was given a CPN who believed in me and then when my confidence grew I moved on to groups and now I support and co run a group for other service users. They really supported me and without them I wouldn't be here today. Great service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 18 February 2017 using Care Opinion

Heather Hunt, Patient Experience Advisor, Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments regarding our service. We welcome and value feedback and appreciate your comments. Wishing you well on your continued journey. Team Co-ordinator Community Mental Health Team Grantham/Sleaford.