North East London NHS Foundation Trust

0300 555 1200 Trust Head Office, CEME Centre- West Wing, Marsh Way , Rainham, Essex, RM13 8GQ

Anonymous gave North East London NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ultrasound appointment today (26th July 2017)

My ultrasound appointment today ( 26/7/17) @ Barking Hospital Upney Lane went perfectly well to my pleasant surprise!

The two staff members who treated me were just excellent professionals: they were polite, quick and efficient; they even answered my many treatment questions amiably.

Undoubtedly, our cherished NHS is currently underfunded (and staff overworked!) but it seems some staff manage to remain calm and professional, nevertheless.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Rejected Resident reviewed North East London NHS Foundation Trust

Rejected by Mental Health services during house move

A simple house move from one NHS trust area to this one has pushed me into the dark admin black hole. At least my previous NHS Trust are pushing to get me registered on to your Mental Health team following your rejection letter which has delayed my ongoing access with my current mental health support team and compounded a sense that I am not sick enough and deserving of support.

I asked for help and a year later I am almost receiving treatment but NELFT trusts rejection is jeopardizing this. But I guess those of us with serious mental health issues can be pushed to the brink until we break and only then do you take note - early intervention and support, not a rejection letter and a supplement note telling me to go to A&E or call the Samaritans is what I need.

It took all my strength to go to my GP in the first place every day is a crisis to me. Thank you for emphasizing my sense of worthlessness.

Congratulations on your failings to support new residents who are requesting help and support. Not even a telephone call just a rejection letter through the post from your team. Thank you for your (lack of) compassion and humanity.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

chris gave North East London NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

ultrasound scan

i had a scan at barking hospital for pains in my side they done the scan in minutes and could not wait to get me out they did not ask anythink about the pain area and did not scan where i get the pail was. what a waste of time so now i will request another scan to be done properly at queens hospital what a waste of nhs resources

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 08 April 2017

Mrs J Crowder gave North East London NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

The Intensive Rehabilitation Service

I am a very motivated and active lady but lost my confidence after my joint replacements and trouble with my balance. I heard about the IRS from a friend and was able to refer myself by just calling the service. I've just finished my rehab and wanted to say a big thank you to this fantastic service and in particular the physio and rehab assistant that helped me get my confidence back. I can now walk outside with my walking stick and will be able to continue with my supported walking group which was something I found hard to do before. I am a retired NHS employee and I'd like to say that I'm Very impressived with the IRS and It's lovely staff.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 27 August 2016

North East London NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding one of our services, it is only through feedback such as yours that we can continue to improve the services that we provide.

I will ensure that your positive feedback is shared with Integrated Care Directorate and I would like to thank you again for your kind words.

Poor experience

My mother was sent to AFC for rehab, and didn't improve at all. She was worse not better after leaving and in fact she needed to be returned to Basildon for basic care. Very poor experience in afc

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 29 July 2016

care plan hopelessly inadequte

Part of my care plan when I discharged form the brief intervention team was that I was monitored by GP which has never happened,I was also told that if I needed the help of intervention team,I could call to speak to someone via the telephone or arranged to be seen,almost 3 months after being discharged I am suffering a major crisis,I phone to arrange to be seen by someone only to be told I had to go back to my doctor to re referred,unable to get an appointment at GP's for a month plus who knows how long a referral will take,based past experiences months,I needed help now,I was grossly misled about the care plan,in effect abandoned,it seems once they discharge there no actual care plan in place,utterly failed by this ramshackle service

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 27 June 2016

P O'Grady gave North East London NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thankyou

People are quick to criticise but we want to say a Thankyou to the physios and Ot from the intense rehab team. We watched her confidence go from rock bottom to back to walking and going outside which she hasn't done since January. We thought she would not move from her chair after the team left but 4 months down the line she's still doing her exercises and hasn't looked back. Something we didn't think we would see

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 29 June 2016

Mayflower community rehab facility

Rehab facility with no Physio and OT . I am not a pushy relative and understand pressures are in every work place but when patients receiv at least 3 -4 therapy sessions a week amid a very busy hospital and move to a special rehab setting and get far far less treatment that's unacceptable. If I would have known how unsupportive the "rehab" move would be, I would have pushed to keep my relative where he was.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 08 July 2016

Mr C Parsons gave North East London NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Intensive rehab team

Well done NHS . Took mum in law to the GP on the Monday and by Tuesday the rehab team were at the door, what a terrific service . Mums great now, still has occasional bad days but she has her exercises and tips to get her through the rough patch.
Cheers

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 29 November 2015

North East London NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 December 2015

I will ensure that your positive feedback is shared with Havering Integrated Care Directorate and I would like to thank you again for your kind words.