Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust

01708 435000 Queen's Hospital, Rom Valley Way , Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG

Low reviewed Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust

Any suggestions about bloods for evenings or weekends?

Any suggestions about bloods for evenings or weekends?
I Have to go on melds which require blood tests every two weeks .... Is there anywhere that is open on Saturdays or evenings so I don't t have to be late for work or leave early ? My work are not impressed because I have just had 6 weeks off for op

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 08 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 25 July 2017

Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service who will be able to help you and advise you of the blood testing locations and clinics. The Patient advice and Liaison Service can be contacted by telephone on 01708 435 454 or alternatively by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Sarah Dunton
Divisional Nurse Cancer and Clinical Support

Anonymous gave Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor care

My father was on bluebell B for five weeks until he died. I found his care was very poor. He told me he waited 2 days for a shave. Which I done for him in the end. They would give him some ice cream but no spoon. He would press the emergency button but no one came. You never got a straight answer from the sister. My father died in that hospital. He deserved some dignity.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 24 July 2017

"Firstly, please accept my sincere condolences on the death of your father. I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the lack of care received by your father, this is not the level of service we expect our patients to receive. Your comments will be passed to the service lead for future monitoring. Should you wish to discuss this further please contact the complaints department on telephone number 01708 435 032 or alternatively by email complaints@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Caroline Moore
Divisional Nurse Specialist Medicine"

Alexis Stevenson gave Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Palliative care for my mum

Whilst I was undergoing radiation treatment my 89 year old mother became extremely ill. She was taken to A&E where doctors and nurses worked tiredlessly to safe her life. Following investigations she was found to have an untreatable diaviticulitus which perforated. They attempted to do everything they could however in the end it was not treatable and she required palliative care. She was received onto general HDU where the staff took their duties above and beyond her personal care. They made sure she was kept comfortable and pain free allowing her to leave this world with some dignity and respect. They also catered to all of our needs making hot and cold drinks and a biscuit, comfy chairs and blankets ensuring we were all comfortable as at least 3 at a time stayed with her constantly. During the day we were as many as 11. The staff who attended to my mum were exceptional in carrying out their duties I can't thank them enough for making a very difficult time more manageable xx

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 31 July 2017

Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 11 August 2017

Please accept my sincere condolences for the loss of your mother. Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at this very difficult time. It is lovely to hear that all of the staff that treated your mother were exceptional and were compassionate towards you and your family. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the service and to the staff so that they are aware of your kind words and what a difference they made to you and your family.

Janet Murat
Divisional Nurse, Anaesthetics

Anonymous gave Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Radiology treatment

I required radiology treatment following a mastectomy and reconstruction the staff in the radiology department were exceptional. The receptionist was so friendly and knew everyone by name which is amazing. The rediologists were so good at putting me at ease. They were especially kind and compassionate when thought my treatment my mother was receiving palliative care . They accommodated me at a time that suited me as I was staying on the ward with my terminally ill mother. I could not praise them enough. Thank you to everyone at Queens Radiotherapy unit.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 31 July 2017

Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 22 August 2017

I’m delighted to hear about your experience, and thank you for taking the time to comment on your care. It’s wonderful to know that everyone treated you well and were kind and complassionate towards you. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto our Radiology Department, once again thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Sarah Dunton
Divisional Nurse Cancer and Clinical Support

Excellent Paediatric A&E

I went to Queen's hospital after my son had an accident to check he was alright. The staff were very friendly and professional. He was comprehensively checked over by the Consultant and we were discharged within about an hour. Excellent service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 21 February 2017

Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 03 May 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. It is lovely to hear that all the staff was friendly and professional when your son was bought into our Paediatric Emergency Department at Queen’s Hospital. Our staff tries to ensure that our patients receive the best possible care and I am pleased that this was experienced by you. I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the Divisional Nurse for this area, for her to share with the team.

Chief Nurse

Pregnantntired reviewed Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust

not attended to for 1.5 hours

Waited in the DAU for 1. 5 hours and no one attended to me. Sat there in the waiting room feeling dizzy.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 24 February 2017 using Care Opinion

I am sorry to read of your comments regarding the long wait you endured when you were on our Day Surgery Assessment Unit, we are currently looking at ways to improve how we manage Day Surgery and reduce waits. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Team who will be happy to look into your concerns further and assist you in any way they can. You can contact PALS by calling 01708 435 454 or by email PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Yours sincerely

Chief Nurse

Graham Russell gave Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

Having had 2 major eye traumas resulting in Corneal Transplants to both eyes in the last 10 months, I cannot thank all of the staff from Consultant to Reception enough at the Opthalmology Department. I feel very lucky to have had the best of treatments and long may it continue.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 March 2017

Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 05 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience and for providing us with your feedback following your Corneal Transplant to both eyes. It is lovely to hear that all of the staff from Consultants to receptionists provided you with such wonderful care and treatment over the last 10 months. I will ensure that your comments are passed onto them, thank you once again for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Associate Medical Director

Anonymous reviewed at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust

Complaints

I have recieved a letter from my doctor,saying I was discharged from physio therapy because I failed too turn up for an appointment I really don't appreciate being told this as the last time I was at physio the physiotherapist informed me I was being discharged because they couldn't do anything else for me

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 22 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment and I am sorry to read of your concerns. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service where one of our PALS officers will be able to look into this for you. The PALS team can be contacted on 01708 435 454 or by email, PALS@bhrhospitals.nhs.uk.

Chief Nurse

Jerry Moffat gave Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

An unexpected visit to Queens, to see an ENT specialist

I was referred by my GP to see an On call ENT specialist after having severe swelling to my ear and neck.When I got to Queens I had to go through the A&E department. I booked in at window 3, to a very polite and caring receptionist. The receptionist arranged for me to see a doctor who was at window 1. The doctor read the letter that my GP had given me and arranged for me to see an ENT doctor. It was clear they were very busy but they couldn't do enough to accommodate me. I got sent to a surgical Assessment Unit. Ok, I had to wait, but I never had an appointment, so I was very lucky. The nurses were fantastic and friendly. When I got to see the ENT doctor, what a charming person. Helpful, albeit they had a heavy workload, the doctor never let that interfere with my treatment. To be honest,I wasn't expecting a great deal out of my visit to Queens. How wrong could I be. Thank you to everybody for making it a very pleased experience.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 21 January 2017

Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 29 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience and I am delighted that we were able to change your initial perspective of Queen’s Hospital. It is wonderful to hear that the staff you encountered in our Emergency Department treated you so well. Kindness and empathy go a long way and I am pleased that this was experienced by staff you came into contact with. I will ensure your feedback is passed onto them. Thank you once again for taking the time to make us aware of your experience.

Dr Andy Heeps
Associate Medical Director

Suzanne Sammons gave Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional care from the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome team

I would like to express my gratitude to the brilliant C.F.S. team at Queen's hospital Romford.
Their prompt and professional intervention when my son developed post viral fatigue has been invaluable. This small team I believe has made the difference between my son leading a largely normal life to potentially one racked with pain and exhaustion. They have given him the tools to manage his symptoms and to recognise when they need to be implemented.
Kindness, compassion, patience ,honesty and humour are the attributes that come to mind when considering how the team members dealt with my son and me.
It was by chance that I found the team actually existed as my G.P believed as did I that they had been disbanded. Their wonderful admin. assistant liaised with the other team members to ensure my son was seen promptly. I am very grateful.
It is imperative this team is publicised and their work recognised. It is a ridiculously small team considering the vast area they cover. I hope local G.P's are made aware of their existence and fight to ensure this service is not only continued but expanded.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your son’s positive experience with our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Team at Queen’s Hospital. It is lovely to hear that all of the staff within this team has been able to assist your son to manage his symptoms. The attributes you have described within the team are the type of attributes we would like all of our staff to possess and I hope that the wonderful care they provide your son continues. We always encourage patient feedback and I take on board your comments relating to publicising this service more. Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

Yours sincerely