Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust

01322 625700 Pinewood House, Pinewood Place , Dartford, Kent, DA2 7WG

gowi reviewed Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust

A mixture of poor to outstanding

My experiences as a carer for my son who is diagnosed with Typ2 Diabetes and Paranoid Schizophrenia has been a mixture of poor to outstanding.
I feel that there is a need in Bromley for greater efficiency of liaison between the multi disciplinary teams as delays can cause discrepancies in medication and lack of up to date information on treatments.
There is also a great need for a more combined service for 'dual diagnoses', in particular, mental health issues and diabetes e. g. complex care plan interventions to promote good self management of physical health needs for those that are diagnosed with long term/short term mental health issues.
Closer monitoring of progress within this patient group. Specialised staff that have medical knowledge across the two categories to support individuals in this group. I have experienced diabetic nurses who I feel have little training/knowledge of serious mental health symptoms and how those may impact on the patients abilities to self manage their diabetic condition.
All information shows that individuals with long term mental health needs are more likely to suffer from health problems in relation to poor education, poor intervention and inadequate support
. Which usually results in costing the taxpayer money due to avoidable Sectioning under the Mental Health Act and treatments given on the NHS.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 July 2017

I was very sorry to read this account of the care your son receives in Bromley and fully support your view that there should be better liaison between services. Services run in Bromley by both Oxleas and Bromley Healthcare are part of the same system and we are looking at ways that we can coordinate care better within three local care systems called Integrated Care Networks (ICNs).
I have spoken to a colleague in Bromley Healthcare and we would be delighted to have a chance to meet with you or your son together to discuss this further and see what we could do to improve things.
As you did not leave your contact details, can I ask that you make contact with my office please so that we can follow this up for you.
Estelle FrostBromley Service Director Adult Mental Health Oxleas
Telephone: 020 8301 9455Email: estelle.frost@nhs.net

Anonymous gave Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor service

Erith Centre is awful. It is next to impossible to contact anyone for any reason. The main phone line assaults you with an engaged tone and the direct lines ring off. If you need to change or cancel an appointment for any reason it is impossible. This has caused me huge anxiety. I just got cut off seven times and told I cannot change me appointment because they don't take messages. I have autism and cannot handle not being able to send a simple message to change appointments without going through hell on the phone, being cut off, ignored and offered a rejected tone. I feel so sorry for everyone with my needs or worse, or low levels of understanding, because there is not even a ismple message to tell you you have called the right place!! The total pack of communication and fear of being rejected by service for missing appointments I can't make change or cancel have lead me to feel, after over a decade of depression and undiagnosed autism (now diagnosed) to feel I cannot access the therapy I crave because of the inneficient, ignorant, unhelpful managers, admin, process and policy. Erith centre is just another broken bit of the NHS and a sad waste of money.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 May 2017

Thank you for letting us know this, and I am sorry to learn how frustrating and disappointing your experiences were.

I would certainly expect our staff to communicate rapidly and clearly with you, and to try accommodate any requests for information or changes in appointments.

I will contact you separately to learn more about this.

Clinical Director

Hoppys mum reviewed Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust

Bexley Community Rehabilitation

My 71 year old father who was previously mobile and independent had a fall in February this year sustaining a complex fracture of his left hip. He was hospitalised for 4 weeks then after being considered 'too good' for Meadow View (hospital based rehab) he was discharged home to Sidcup with the promise of having some goal based rehab at home including Physiotherapy.
He has been home now for a month, he has a carer who he is very happy with and various equipment but still has not seen a physio and I am very worried about his mobility.
Since coming home he has had 2 x more falls, has been stuck in his chair and unable to get up from his chair on more than 1 occasion and now has a chest infection and is getting a sore bottom. We have chased via the GP and the social worker but still no visit only a phonecall a few days ago to say they had received a referral but he is on some sort of waiting list. He is going to end up back in hospital again if he is not seen very soon.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 30 April 2017 using Care Opinion

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 May 2017

I am extremely sorry to read your message, and as a matter of urgency feel we need to ensure a community response is provided today by our Bexley Integrated Rapid Response Team for your father.

To enable this to occur, please would you be able to contact me on 020 8319 7138 where this can be discussed and organised.

I am sorry to hear your father has been falling at home and that of yet you have not received community therapy. Once we obtain details from you, I will be able to send rapid response out today.

Doug Reid
Service Manager
Bexley Adult Community Services

Natasha Moore gave at Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

No customer service skills whatsoever...do not recommend

My first consultation with the Greenwich wheelchair service went quite smoothly. I arrived, had my measurements for the chair taken and was told it would be delivered to my address within 10-14 days by the manager. I left happy and not worried as I had a very important hospital appointment to attend in 3 weeks and felt relieved that I would receive it in plenty of time before. After 2 weeks of waiting I started to worry, so I called the number and was told the wheelchair was not ready yet. A few days later I received a call from the Greenwich wheelchair service. I was told that I would have to make an appointment for the following week to collect the wheelchair and to also be measured for it. They already had the wheelchair but would not deliver it to me, they demanded I had to collect it but only on certain days (which my partner was working). This is after them promising they would deliver it to my house address. At this point I panicked. I explained what I had been told and was called a liar about the time I had been given (10-14 days) and was told I would have to collect the wheelchair. Not only am I unable to walk and don't have anyone with a car that could collect it, but the date they wanted me to collect it was after my very important hospital appointment. I was left stressed, feeling let down, and depressed wondering how I was going to make it to my hospital appointment that was 3 days later. After numerous times of being lied to, spoken to like I was a piece of rubbish and made me loose hope in the NHS I have up with them and contacted my hospital. I was so upset I explained it all to them and at last minute they managed to get me transport to and from the hospital. The NHS are supposed to help u, not treat u the way these horrendous people treated me. The Greenwich wheelchair service is beyond a joke. Because of them my health issues got worse, causing my pain to be worse. I would not recommend them, unless u do not need a wheelchair urgently and u do not mind being spoken to like something they just stepped in.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 01 November 2016

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 November 2016

Dear Natasha

We are very sorry you have recently had a negative experience from our Wheelchair Service.

Following your referral to the WCS on the 22nd September you were invited to the service to be measured on the 12th October as your needs were for a non stock chair.

The chair was subsequently ordered with a suggested delivery date from the manufacturer of 12-14 days. Unfortunately the service does not have control over the exact time it would take for your chair to arrive but we were hopeful you would have your chair in time for your hospital appointment. As soon as the wheelchair was delivered to the Memorial Hospital we attempted to telephone you to ask you to come and receive your chair - a face to face visit for handover of each wheelchair is required in order that the final adjustments to the chair are completed.

The reason for inviting you to the Wheelchair service was to try and handover the chair to you as soon as possible. Unfortunately there is no NHS passenger transport service at the Memorial Hospital and patients therefore make their own arrangements in regard to transport, either public transport, taxi or private car.

As you reported you would not be able to come to the Memorial Hospital on the Friday 28th October, when our technician was available to hand the chair over to you, our Service Manager agreed to deliver the wheelchair to your home on Tuesday 1st November. Unfortunately you were not available on Tuesday to receive your chair when our service manager could have talked to you personally about your concerns and the wheelchair was handed over to your partner.

We hope you are now relieved to have your new wheelchair and it meets your needs for accessing any appointments and accessing the community. If you have any further concerns do contact Maggy Hevicon at the Wheelchair Service on 020 8836 8536.

Maggy

Anonymous reviewed Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust

Disappointed

I was referred to this health center twice by 2 different doctors because I was struggling emotionally. The counselor who saw me kept yawning believe it or not and I was quite baffled by a comment they had made in their report about my private life. This comment was both inaccurate and it was quite inappropriate. I was so put off that I told my doctor that I was feeling better and that I did not want to go back. This was a while ago. The second time I was referred, which was recent, they sent me a letter, in which they got my name wrong, to let me know that they had been trying to contact me and gave me a deadline by which I had to call back. I did and it turned out they had my old contact details. I gave them my new details and was told that they would get in touch. Not only did they not call me back, they sent me another letter similar to the first one. Needless to say, I asked my doctor to never refer me to this health center. I understand that it is not easy to keep on top of things when you deal with so many people and so many different needs and requests but what I experienced was unnecessary and not nice at all.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 15 November 2016

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Matthew gave Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Oxleas - lack of courtesy

The lack of respect by oxleas staff shown to service users, visitors and Oxleas staff from other sites is high. I was rudely spoken to by the receptionist at Green parks house who accused me of parking my car in a restricted area. When I pointed out that my car was actually parked in the pay and display area for which I had paid and displayed the ticket, they gave me a half baked apology. The car which was parked in a restricted area did not belong to me.

Unfortunately this sort of arrogant/ignorant attitude is ubiquitous across many of the Oxleas centres and clinics. Oxleas staff seem to believe they can treat people as rudely as they want to and get away with it. This level of behaviour has got them into trouble on many occasions. It is organisations like this which blemish the good work done by nurses in A&E.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 25 May 2016

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 May 2016

I am very sorry to learn of this; we always expect all staff to treat our patients, their relatives and friends, and each other with courtesy and respect.

I appreciate that this did not appear to be the case when you visited, and I apologise for that. I will speak to the reception staff in each of our units to reinforce the behaviour we expect to see shown.

Thank you for alerting me to this issue.

Associate Clinical Director

hillingdale71 gave Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

QEH A/E Psych liason

Saw in January 2015, and as usual, Oxleas didn't fall short of the top-quality service I receive.

They took my grave problems seriously

Visited in January 2015. Posted on 10 June 2016

Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 June 2016

Thank you for the really positive feedback, especially as it sounds like this was not the first time our services had been supportive.

I will pass your kind words on to the team.

Associate Clinical Director