Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust

0151 473 0303 V7 Building, Kings Business Park , Prescot, Merseyside, L34 1PJ

Based on 1 rating for this trust

Based on 1 rating for this trust

people who need people reviewed Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust

This would be true for me anyway.

I expected an interactive group session where a feeling of warmth and helping each other could take place. Lots of glum faces had waited 6 weeks to be included on a course which didn't seem to want them to either discuss amongst themselves or contribute outside of the set plan.
This was group CBT in lecture type format where "worry" remains an abstract within which no-one shares what is actually worrying them. I do acknowledge that an interactive group would require skilled and perceptive facilitation. In the current economic climate lots of people have quite critical worries connected to, for example, finance, housing and homelessness, health worries within a struggling NHS (and this includes mental health), loneliness and isolation, drug and alcohol problems...to mention but a few. When things are this bad for people kindness and sharing may be better than a formulaic approach to dealing with worry. This would be true for me anyway.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017 using Care Opinion

LJMU reviewed Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust

Eating Disorder Recovery

During my time at university I have dealt with an eating disorder. I was first referred in Liverpool by my student doctor to the Eating Disorder specialist team, for assessment. Of course one of the hardest steps to receiving help is to admit that firstly there is a problem. The nature of such an illness means that you can be under the illusion that nothing is wrong. So to be faced with the prospect of a six month wait for one-to-one treatment can feel disappointing, once you have taken that huge step. The wait for treatment has become a inevitable when it comes to adult mental health, however for eating disorders time is precious, people deteriorate very quickly, early intervention makes successful recovery much more likely.
The waiting times for treatment are unfortunately difficult to change without the right funding, however in my experience; collaboration between primary and secondary care can create a much more supportive environment for eating disorder sufferers.In my experience Brownlow Health have hit and missed at different points. At low points I have had to explain my eating disorder to health professionals who should be the experts, I have had the experience of my GP leaving the practice and not being told, I have had to ask for blood tests when primary care should be monitoring my physical health (deficiencies etc) and overall felt a lack of understanding of me and my needs. With exceptions, I have had the pleasure of meeting one doctor who took an interest after my persistence, who restored my faith.
I am now a graduate and have not yet received one to one therapy for my eating disorder, group therapy was given as a fill in whilst I waited. This was both successful in some ways and unhelpful in others. I was told that once the group therapy treatment had ended I was able to review my position, moving forward. During the last session (an already traumatic and stressful situation), I was apparently told that by a certain date I would have to make a decision about further therapy. Of course I wanted further solo treatment, I had waited six months! ! ! At this stage I was anxious as this was the last session, I didn't feel ready, so of course I didn't take every word that was said, on board. There was no follow up information given once we had finished the last session and had time to process, no reminder of how the process would be carried on. I was vulnerable and scared.
Because I had not taken in much of what was said that day or reminded afterwards, I rang the Rathbone Hospital unknowingly, to ask when my follow up appointment would be. This was the point of which I was told I had been discharged from the service (you can imagine my horror), as It was my responsibility to make that appointment. After six months of waiting, I was back to where I started; still starving myself, purging whatever I nourished my body with, but I was ready for change and I was failed by the system.
With greater communication between my GP, the adult service and myself I would have seen someone on a one to one basis, as I needed. Three years later I have found recovery by myself, I have achieved all the goals I thought were impossible, and I am yet to receive the help I waited for, deserved and needed.
Something needs to change.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017 using Care Opinion

Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General dental treatment at Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Therapist, Northwood house cmt

I had to see the therapist in Northwood house on the 17/3/17 due to being in crisis. I would like to say how professional they were and a credit to merseycare with their compassion and empathy regarding a problem which put me in crisis. I would also like to say thank you very much for the support letter the thearpist wrote for me. Thank you.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 25 March 2017