Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust

01922 607000 Trust Headquarters, Trafalgar House, 47-49 King Street , Dudley, West Midlands, DY2 8PS

Anonymous gave Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Disgraceful service needs urgent review

The mental health service offered by Walsall Council is appalling and putting lives in danger, an urgent overhaul is required.
My daughter who has bi polar contacted the crisis team at 6pm on Saturday evening as she was told to do if she was in need, she was very much in need she was suicidal and wanting to self harm, she was told someone would call her back, no one ever called!! How can a so called crisis team allow this to happen, to leave a suicidal adult waiting for a call. I do not want to hear under staffed, shortage of funds etc etc it takes 2 minutes to make that call to say if need be " sorry we are trying to get to we are very busy we will call"
I will be contacting my local MP and intend to make sure a shake up and new procedures happen, these are lives we are talking about, my daughter was one of the lucky ones she had family support and reached out to the crisis team for additional help..... but what if she was alone that call could have been the call that kept her alive and it never came.

Having experienced first hand the service as my daughter has bi polar I am shocked that this

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 17 September 2017

Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust replied on 21 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your concerns. Our aim is to provide the best possible care and treatment for service users and to help us do that we welcome feedback from you, your family and carers. If you would like to discuss your issues further please contact SED on the number below.

The Service Experience Desk (SED) is the central point of contact for all concerns and enquiries, whether these are formal or informal complaints, compliments or suggestions. We welcome any comments you may have on the services we provide. You can contact SED on 0300 555 0535 or email SED@dwmh.nhs.uk

Mental health depression

I was discharged by dudley mental health team i feel scared to be honest i still have thoughts of suicide being fair to them they asked me this but being old schòol i said i was feeling better so they are not at fault!i found the discharge very sudden to my liking them knowing i was still suffering from depression i thought at least they would have tracked my progress i was with the mental health team 3 weeks!it was like the next day sign this your no longer our responsibility your now under your dr.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 16 September 2017

Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Lack of cordination from care cordinators and proffesionals

I have a friend who has been using the services for several years. I recently watched as they struggled to get basic answers to various problems, both mental and physical.

The service is only set up for standard things?
anything like information on meds good and bad is not forthcoming. The poplars is the worst messages not given to people, phone calls not returned.

Appointments are broken without notification from care cordinators, on a whim? or the wind stops them from visiting. This service is quite broken and needs dragging from the neck up.

Until you tell them you are taking matters to your MP or other bodies they do not listen.

The sed desk is to stop you taking your complaint to a higher body.

I saw my friend go through hell the GP was wonderful. I phoned poplars myself and never got a reply.

They Seem to me they are like precious cinderellas instead of providing a basic sensitive service?

They set up meetings not needed?so they get another fee from the nhs instead of answering basic questions, often how to modify or increase meds as needed.

Please note contact your mp or the CEO of the trust, to complain that is the only way I can see as an educated carer and former nurse. I would have never believed such a terrible service was operating had I not been involved via a friend first hand.

I have made notes, and shall in future write a letter and take it all the way, should another dire situation happen again as recently witnesses.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust replied on 16 October 2017

mental health in walsall is a complete joke!

having been through the worst month of my life trying to get my partner the correct help she needs all can say is tht have been let down every step of the way. (ony people can praise are the paramedics they truely are golden) the so called crisis team are absolutely useless. when do get to see a phychiatrist they are rude and rush the revioews and end up just throwing medication out with hurrendous side efffects or no effect at all. its only because ive reseraced hard on my partners illness and correct protocalls of treatment that manged to get the most basic of help. staff in bushy fields are rude and very insensitive apart from a select few. ive been there and saw the way they speak to seriously mentally ill people its hurrendous. one girl was walking around having wet herself and staff did nothing. they just let the patients get on with it basiclly. my partner shouuld have been sectioned but because there were no beds they tried to say that she had capacity to be admitted as a voluntery patient when this was clearly not the case. because of this they left her with me for a further 24 hours after 6 of which we ended up in local a ane where 3 security guards were rolling around on the floor with my gf while she was screaming the place down. this went on for about 40mins whilst was waiting for the police to come to ane and restrain her. even tho hosp foned it took place that long to come! and there response is well its a medical issue. the gist i got from all the paramedics ive spoken too, all the ane staff too aswell as mental health workers, is this... there all massively understaffed and the system for how everything works is just messed up up. this happens all the time acording to them. people need urgent phychiatric help and end up with 14/24 hour waits in ane where police have to be called to act as restraints because hospital security arent trained or supposed to deal with mental health patitents. this puts masssive strains on the police as they were explaining to me. apparently 16police units are opertaing around our town on a weekday evening, 3 of which were at tht hosp lool. there radio was goin off all night long with some serious crime going on lol. no wonder there abit p....d of with these scenarios. next on to the ane staff.. again the atiitude towards mental health patients is hurrendous, no help at all, they cant even prescribe anything they plain as day tell you look were an ane were not trained to deal with mental health patients, your partner shouldnt even be here!! after several hours waitng fo rthe crisi team to show up at the hosp all they can do is prescribe laraopam or diazapam. which when someones in the middle of a full blown phychotic mixed episode dont do a fat lot. i was left in a room with my partner for nearly 16 hours (5 of which with her handcuffed) no support from medical staff whatsoeverjust bad attitudes and severe rudeness and total disregard for my partner. something needs doing about ths!!!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 21 June 2016

Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust replied on 22 July 2016

Anonymous gave Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Grateful for the help received

Busheyfields hospital was my first experience of mental health care and I found from the professionals I saw who assessed me to the team who helped me in hospital, on Kinver Ward, a dedicated and friendly staff who wanted to see me get better. I won't say that it's not a busy or difficult environment, but the staff were wonderful and really cared. I am glad I'm home now and enjoying my life rather than enduring it; I truly wouldn't be as well as I am without them. I would like to say a big Thank you.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 14 November 2015

Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust replied on 16 November 2015

Thank you for your positive feedback. Our aim is to provide the best possible care and treatment for service users and to help us do that we welcome feedback from you, your family and carers. If you would like to discuss any further issues, please contact The Service Experience Desk (SED) which is the central point of contact for all concerns and enquiries, whether these are formal or informal complaints, compliments or suggestions. You can contact SED on 0300 555 0535 or email SED@dwmh.nhs.uk