Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust

01223 219400 Elizabeth House, Fulbourn Hospital, Fulbourn , Cambridge, CB21 5EF

NHS VICTIM gave Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Trust feedback

Cpft and NHS will not help you so don't bother trying.they will make things a lot worse for you with constant mistakes and neglect. They will not treat or speak to you like a human, you are nothing but problem they have to get rid of as cheaply and quickly as possible. You don't have a choice in treatment, you are told its tablets or nothing, you are not given a choice in consultants.FR will hang up on you, and they are not professionally trained in mental health.I have been told by many people from NHS its up to me if I kill myself. 3 years tying to get help has left me worse and more determined to take my own life!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 October 2017

Hi

I was very sorry to read about the difficulties you are experiening . Please can you get in touch with the Trust's First Response Service (FRS). I'm sure my colleagues at FRS will be able to help you.
FRS can be contacted by dialing 111 and choosing option 2. This service is ran 24 hours a day 365 days of the year. FRS supports people experiencing a mental health crises. By calling 111, and selecting option 2 , you will be put through to a member of the FRS who will speak to you and discuss your current mental health needs.

Who can use FRS? Anyone who lives in Cambridgeshire - which includes Cambridge, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Wisbech and the surrounding areas - who feels they need urgent mental health care. This includes service users, carers, family and friends. You can contact FRS direct. You do not have to have used any mental health services before. You can also be referred by your GP, social care professional or a voluntary organisation. Please get in touch.

Mr Chris Hampson
Tel: 01223 219 444 / Free phone: 0800 376 0775

Loubies97 reviewed Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust

I was left worrying

After my GP's referral to Union House-Cambridge Mental Health Team being declined the first time, I was eventually offered treatment here for support with my severe depression and anxiety during my pregnancy.
I eventually got the courage to turn up for an appointment, I found the nurse very rude and patronising. They were asking to me open up and talk about things when I am not a good talker, especially about my past, without being upset. They had stated I should not get upset in my appointment and had also then groaned about having to go and get some tissues.
I failed to attend my next appointment having felt belittled, stupid and unsupported in the first appointment from the comments made such as 'you have nothing to be upset about' and 'you're too young to be depressed'. They had also told me they would have to make a referral to Social Services, but never went on to explain why or what would happen, I was left worrying about this until speaking to my midwife.
I then received a letter to say if I did not get in touch, I would be discharged from the service and would need to be referred again. I called (after many attempts of dialing and hanging up before someone could answer), a message was going to be passed on so someone could get back to me, I heard nothing. I have called several times and still have not heard back.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Hi

I was very sorry to read about the difficulties you have experienced in trying to contact the team you described. To assist with your enquiry please can you e-mail PALS or telephone as we need a few more details:

Your date of birth:
Your home address with postcode:
Your full name:
NHS number (if known)
Your registered GP practice:
Your telephone number: Mobile / landline or both:

I very much look forward to hearing back from you.

Mr Chris Hampson
Tel: 01223 219 444 / Free phone: 0800 376 0775

Anonymous gave Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Unconcerned ignorant of health conditions.

I am severely disabled now,but i was fit healthy one time haveing done 14 years HMF Army fought in 7 conflict zones. My gp refered me to Provide Cambridge & Peterboro wheelchair loan, i have manual chair but need power chair to give me independance,i have severe rhuemathoid arthritis,podagra arthritis, multiple narrowing of my spine,shogruns syndrome dry eye & mouth ( which the person that visited me had no idea what it was ?? ) numerous times i rang them only to get msg that said someone will call me back , but they dont. The home visit from one of their ocupational therapist they was not interested in my problems,when i did get to speak on phone to provide what they told me was encourageing,but this person contradicted all that i had been told they did not know what i meant by refering to powerd wheelchair that came apart to transport by car ?? They had not any interest in or about my mobility problems or had been briefed whatever try to put him off.
We all know NHS has problems but these Provide people are unprofessional and this staff member needs retraining, they said if i can walk to kitchen and to my stairlift to go to bed i dont need powered chair because they really only provide powered chairs to those that can not walk at all, i can walk no further than 8 to 10 mtrs without severe pain and have to frequently be seated.
I am so annoyed and surprised at this supposidly provide service .
I have now arranged a loan and bought a powerd wheelchair. Its cost me £1099.
I will never contact these people Provide Cambridge & Peterborough wheelchairs again. I have no issue with Bartrams that supply chairs just the bad service by provide.
7 weeks of wasted time, my advice is dont bother with these people they will keep you wondering for 7 weeks and then egnore your needs
I can give no more than 1 ? in this review.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 July 2017

Hi

Many thanks for your message. I was most sorry to read your comments connected to lack of quality of care in relation to staff employed by Provide. Can I suggest that you contact Cambs & Peterborough CCG who commission (pay for) this service as I sure they will be interested in helping and listing to your story. The CCG Patient Experience Team can be contacted on FREEPHONE: 0800 279 2535 or telephone: 01223 725 588 or Email: capccg.pet@nhs.net Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if the CCG fail to provide you with the help and support you require. If you want me to pass your comments on, please get in touch with our team.

Best wishes

PALS & Patient Experience Team
Cambs & P'Boro NHS Foundation Trust
Tel: 01223 219 444 Freephone: 0800 376 0775

Marae reviewed Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust

I know Inclusion will be there to support us and him

My Son has been taking drugs on and off with friends for 3 years. Could see the damage it was causing and the way in which addiction was taking hold. Was at my wits end, the family all supportive also were stumped in what to do. His peer group were the same, he was moody and our lovely son had turned into a shadow of himself. We needed to get him away from here but no where to turn.
We then heard of Inclusion, who were amazingly supportive and informative. They made us feel happier in the fact we were no alone in our fears. Groups were available for families to attend who had drug problems within in them. Also one to one sessions were offered. A friendly phone call to see how we were. All these things helped us survive. Our son had to go away to get away from his environment, and went to stay in another country with family members. He has been drug free for 3 months and is working on a voluntary basis. He is due home soon and I know Inclusion will be there to support us and him to come to terms with his addictions and to face them and fight them.
Thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 October 2017

Thank you very much for sharing your comments. I'm very keen to pass your feedback on to the team involved in the care of your Son. If you could e-mail our PALS account with a few more details, I'll make sure your message is passed on to my colleagues that worked with your Son.

Best wishes

Cambs & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
Tel: 01223 219 444 / Freephone: 0800 376 0775

First response service shocking

A friend rang 999 due to suicidal intent..police rang and a nurse asked first response to call me. I was acutely distressed. The person who rang did not seem to understand and told me to think about a time Id been low and something helped. They asked me my fav. Food and to do something to life my mood. I ecplained due to my distress zi did not feel able to do these things. They told me I was being rude and non collaborative. I could not continue the call due to my distress. I felt 10 times worse.

The police rang again and the police nurse said they were shocked and said theywould get me to see the first response team face to face for an assessment. I was asked to go to hospital but when I got there it was a mind worker from the sanctuary. Both my gp and police felt I needed an assessment but was told it would be sent back to hunts mh locality as im under them. (This was out of hrs and highly distressed) - no assessment and poor treatment of a vulnerable mentally unwell patient.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 11 May 2017

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 May 2017

I was very sorry to see the comments you posted regarding your request for support and I can appreciate how upsetting this can be for our Patients . Please can you get in touch so that we can assist you further. Our contact details are as follows.

Tel: 01223 219 444 Freephone: 0800 376 0775 E-mail: pals@cpft.nhs.uk

Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust
Tel: 01223 219 444 Freephone: 0800 376 0775

abandoned97 reviewed Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust

CPFT Personality Disorder Community Service

Worst treatment I have ever received from a service. Over a year on a waiting list. No care plan or treatment to be seen. Never answer the phone at times of crisis.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017 using Care Opinion

Annie Ng, Head of Patient Experience, Cambridgeshire And Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 February 2017

I am very sorry to hear of you experience of our service provided by the Trust. I would value having some more information from you so we can have a better understanding of your situation.Would it be possible for you to contact me directly? My email is: [annie.ng@cpft.nhs.uk](mailto:annie.ng@cpft.nhs.uk). I look forward to hearing from you.
Annie Ng, Head of Patient Experience.

Appalling.

The mental health services are appalling. I have been refused help from them and when I have been seen by them they ignore everything that is said to them. They use my diagnoses against me all the time. They lie about what they have done making me out to be the one in the wrong. They have also recently been disrespectful.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 04 September 2016

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 October 2016

Thank you for your feedback. we are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience of our service. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact us at the Patient Advice and Liaison Service, email: pals@cpft.nhs.uk or freephone 0800 376 0775.

What Service?

It's hard to determine what kind of service CPFT provides as the service appears to be absolutely non-existent. I have BPD and I was treated for 18 months in Carlisle with some relative success. However, I moved back to Peterborough in the summer (2016), the mental health team in carlisle believed it to be very important that I continue my care in Peterborough as I wasn't ready to be discharged. They tried to organise a transfer of my care to Peterborough. However, CPFT flately refused without an assessment. My former care coordinators in Carlisle attempted to help them understand that it was crucial that I don't go without care. The CPFT refused once more. In September I began extremely depressed and suicidal and suffering with psychotic episodes, with only my GP tof talk to, which isn't ideal. They tried to get me assessed by the CPFT, who again flately refused. A month later when I recovered, I decided to complain, and an investigation took place, and by the end of it I received a letter of apology and a mental health assessment. When I went to the appointment it soon became clear that I wasn't being assessed at all, I was being thrown a bone as a result of the investigation. The doctor was far more concerned about talking about the service than anything to do with my mental health. They suggested I should speak to to Mind, and said they would ensure they would contact me. They haven't. It's now February 2017, I've been without any form of care since May 2016 - this unacceptable. Right now I'm stable, which is why I have the energy to fight for my rights. I'm exhausted with fighting against the CPFT and quite frankly I don't want anything to do with the CPFT anymore. I'm not the only one who feels this way. This complaint is not aimed at getting myself an assessment, I'm done with the service and it's done with me. People such as myself complaining is not going to help gain access to care, but what I hope to achieve is to reach those who work within the CPFT. When you work in the health sector, your goal is to help people get better - that's it! If the system you work in won't allow you to do that, then you should be the ones complaining and campaigning and doing something to change it - not us! If you're not, then you are a part of the problem. I don't know how you can sleep at night knowing you're doing nothing - I know I won't, BPD tends to do that to you, not that the CPFT knows anything about that.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 10 February 2017

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 March 2017

I was very sorry to read your comments and would like to ask if you would like to contact PALS so that we can better understand the content of your message and offer you some assistance.

Many thanks

Tel: 01223 219 444 / Freephone: 0800 376 0775
E-mail: pals@cpft.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Gloucester Centre

I attended the Gloucester Centre following a referral from my GP practice. At first I was assessed by a psychiatric nurse. The assessment was fine and I found the nurse to be attune to what I was saying.
I was later referred to a psychiatrist and awaited the appointment only to be disappointed at their attitude towards myself. I left the appointment feeling more deflated than when I entered. I can understand the wait and transition from psychiatric nurse to psychiatrist (approximately three weeks) but cannot understand why I was sent for an appointment with someone who clearly was more interested in chewing a pen and looking out the window to the garden than listening to what I was trying to say.
Very disappointed.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 04 December 2015

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 December 2015

Thank you for your comments, your feedback is really important to us. I have shared your feedback with Senior Managers and Senior Clinicians in the Adult Mental Health Directorate and we were very pleased that you found the appointment with the Psychiatric Nurse helpful but were very sorry that you had a less positive experience with the Psychiatrist. The Trust aim to offer a high quality service to all those who uses our services and when this isn't the case, we are always keen to learn and improve. Therefore, i wonder if would like to contact me directly so we can have a better understanding of the concerns you have raised and take forward any improvements needed with the clinical team. My work email is: annie.ng@cpft.nhs.uk

Thank you once again for your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Annie Ng