Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

0161 773 9121 Prestwich Hospital, Bury New Road, Prestwich , Manchester, Greater Manchester, M25 3BL

matthew lawson gave Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Prescott House Salford

Very poor experience recently with Prescott house and Salford social services Very poor communication which made me feel very worried about what was going to happen next.
I would definitely not want to use the services offered by Prescott house nor would i recommend the Service to Friends and Family. IF anything has come from me being under their service is that i actually feel a lot worse.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 October 2017

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Waste of time

Bolton Home treatment team

Don't feel they take seriously how your feeling and discharge into a bad situation with no support or medication as soon as possible.

I feel totally unsupported and lacking care when I really need it.

First time I've ever used a service like this following strong suicidal feelings. A waste of time.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 July 2017

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Could definitely improve their service to patients

Was admitted to Measowbrook mental health unit in 2012 following an episode of unspecified psychosis. In retrospect, I don't think that Meadowbrook was the best place for me at that time, especially considering that I wasn't sectioned by force. My treatment at Meadowbrook has left me with a lot of issues still resonating even today. I suffer from insomnia a lot and have nightmares about some of my experiences in hospital. The community mental health team, after my discharge was quite frankly shambolic. I was passed from pillar to post - it was a different CPN every week. Where is the continuity in GMMH's care? The CPNs I saw were hopeless and could not help me one bit. It took a referral to social services and the Early Intervention Team to allow me to finally get my life back on track. I still regularly see a psychiatrist under community care but don't bother with Care Coordinators anymore - complete waste of time. The psychiatrist seems more interested in throwing pills at me than working to help me resolve my issues such as insomnia and stress. I suppose it's anything for a 'quick fix' these days. Mental healthcare really does need to be taken more seriously by the NHS. It could happen to anyone after all.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017

cko60 reviewed Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust

I feel I'm being treated unfairly

I think it is disgraceful the way that us as carers have been treated with false information..no clarity have to fight for information about my wife who has told them many of times they can talk to me...
I think that they change consultants quickly, lie to the patient in ward round..no engagement from my wife's clinical team. Emailing different people in the hospital.
7 months shes been in. Me, my wife and her parents all lack the confidence in her clinical team..
I feel I'm being treated unfairly, so is my wife. Our marriage, which they don't seem concerned with or care about, is in trouble due to their lack of respect.
Ward is brilliant, lack of staff usual problem, apart from that.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 14 June 2017 using Care Opinion

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 June 2017

Thank-you for posting your comment about the services we provide. I’m sorry you are unhappy with aspects of our services. As NHS Choices is a public website we cannot comment on individual circumstances as this would breach you and your wife’s right to confidentiality.

Please contact Customer Care Team by calling them on (0161) 358 0600, or alternatively email them at customercare@gmmh.nhs.uk. Customer Care will provide you with help and support to deal with your concerns.

Too little too late

I went to my GP in February 2016 with a mental health crisis. After an initial assessment which came a few weeks later I was told my mental health was too bad to see a talking Counsellor (which is what I wanted) I was told I would be referred to Greater Manchester Mental Health for an assessment 14 months later I received a letter inviting my for an appointment. I found this incredible, especially when my GP had convinced me that mental health was taken just as seriously as physical health. Clearly not. I still have not received the help I needed 14 months ago!!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 June 2017

Ayman Kalam gave Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

healthcare

This has to be one of the worst hospital ever. I was treated unfairly. The nurses were very rude. Worst people there. It was one of the worst times in my life when i was there. wasted a month there. Because I was put in there now I am experiencing difficulties such as anxiety, insomnia and depression. The doctors very horrible. I was very vulnerable.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Terence Leavy gave Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thank You to all at Chapman Barker Unit Radar Ward

May I comment on the great work and dedication you gave to me and all patients. You gave me the confidence and support I so desperately needed. You gave me my life back! Thank You again. Terence Leavy

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 19 October 2016

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 November 2016

Dear Mr Leavy,

Thank you for finding the time during your recovery to tell us about your experience at our Chapman-Barker Unit (CBU) and our RADAR ward in particular.

It is great to hear you found our staff and treatment so helpful. This is exactly the high level of care that we aim to provide to all of our patients.

We really value your feedback and it will be a pleasure to pass on your review to all on the team who played their part in making such a difference to your recovery.

Thanks again for taking the time to review our service.

All the very best wishes for your continuing recovery.

This is Not Progess

Having once been under this service I often found my care to be acceptable. When it was time to depart my CPN I was told I would always be able to get support again via RAID, the Crisis Team or a referral back to my Psychiatrist.

It is now over two years since I had a CPN, 3 years since I saw my regular named consultant Psychiatrist and for the last 18 months I have been struggling to keep well. I tried to get a referral back via my GP, I saw some locum who knew nothing about me, threw a box of pills at me and didn’t do a follow up, much to the surprise of my GP!

I saw some Mental Health Practitioner who again knew nothing about me, and prescribed medication (without asking me) that I had previously had a bad reaction to.

I’ve encountered the RAID team twice at A&E, but both times I’ve felt let down.
I am falling fast, unable to function day to day and I have no idea where to go for the help I need.

This is 2017, people with MH problems should not be left feeling this way.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 17 August 2017

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Salford home treatment team base at meadow brook

I was referred to this service by care co-coordnator in July 2016 for extra support. I was visited on a daily basis by different members of staff some very professional some not. I called up the service the night before to cancel for the following day i was treated like a child and told they would come to my home even though i statedi would not be present. i was also advised that if they could not visit me then the police would be called as per their protocol. The following day someone had visited and posted a notice through my letter box asking me to make contact to which i did and they played down the whole police thing. Being under the home treatment team has left me feeling very anxious, worried and afraid that the police might break down my door if im not home.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 28 July 2016

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 August 2016

Dear Matthew,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our service. I am sorry to hear about your recent experience and that this has left you feeling anxious. I would like to apologise for any distress which may have been caused.

I have contacted our Customer Care Team who have said they have spoken to you about this and are dealing with your concerns under our customer care procedures, which can be viewed here: www.gmw.nhs.uk/customer-care

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is helpful for us to discuss this situation with the home treatment team, so that we can try to resolve matters for you.

With best wishes,

Tim McDougall, Deputy Director of Nursing

MeadoW brook unit not a positive experience

My stay in meadow brook has brought so many negitive memory's that I will never be able to forget . Whilst being a patient on the eagleton ward for the 1st time in my life I realised what it was like to suffer from anxiety. Ths staff are abrupt and are always to busy the only time they engage with you is when meds are given out at hatch.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 11 December 2015

Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 January 2016

We are extremely sorry to hear that you were unhappy about your experience at our Meadowbrook Unit in Salford. We would welcome the opportunity to find out more about the issues you have raised.

Please could you email communications@gmw.nhs.uk with your details so we can forward them on to a member of the senior management team?

Alternatively, you can contact the Customer Care Team for confidential advice and support on Freephone 0800 587 4793 or by emailing: customercare@gmw.nhs.uk

Opening times: Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

We do hope you are able to make contact with us so we can look into these matters further.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about something, which was clearly a very difficult time for you.

I will also pass your comments on to the Head of Operations for this unit so you know that your experience has been listened to by the service.

With best wishes for your future care and treatment.