South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

020 3228 6000 Maudsley Hospital, Denmark Hill , London, Greater London, SE5 8AZ

liamanscombe reviewed South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Excellent Care and Understanding

I would like to thank the CAMHS- Christopher Wren House and its staff, with special thanks to two staff members. The hard work and time that they provided to my family and I will not be forgotten. They dedicated a lot of hard work and emotional support through our journey of difficulty and were always just a phone call away. They provided care to the highest standard whilst maintaining a caring but professional manner, as a family we really felt the CAMHS were valued and regarded, although we may not have always shown it.
We thank you for all your hard work and will continue on our journey to further progress.
Keep up the fantastic work you do it really is something special.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 10 August 2017 using Care Opinion

Mr zayd reviewed South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

Poor visiting experience

Absolutely disgusting in my experience
Went to visit a patient
Visitors room is open for all patients to enter at will
There were discarded adult nappies on the floor and on another occasion discarded soiled tampons on floor
Chairs are dirty
Room is stuffy
Mentally ill patients intimidating visitors
Staff seem aloof
Absolutely disgusting

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 20 June 2017 using Care Opinion

South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Community care

I find nurses from Maudsley to be lacking basic human compassion. I also find them to be self-interested. Unfortunately I can say nothing to back this up or else my post will get rejected. Enough to say they are bad.
As for PALS and patients complaints service they are not there to serve the patients in my opinion.
Further the food they served on the ward I was admitted to was bad. Cheap. Greasy and unhealthy. I wonder if anything changed since then? I know medical patients get better food.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 April 2017

South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

legendarynigerians gave South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

KCH A/E Southwark Psych Liaison

Attended KCH A/E and seen by Southwark Psych Liasion due to Lewisham Locality difficulties, and due to ongoing poor sleep and psychosis.

I was pleased with their attention-to-detail, and speed with which I was seen. The person was cheery, thorough, and had a decent sense of humour.

SLAM didn't fail with their high-quality service I continue to receive.

Excellent work.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 13 February 2017

Anonymous reviewed South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

im a current patient in this resident evil labatory

I use the term resident evil, because that's exactly what its like the staff here do nothing all day but wait patiently until the end of there shift, night shift staff come and enforce themselves as if this is a prison unit there's no open air windows, no daily fresh air the food, I don't want to to start with the food because ill never finish if I start. the staff are so quick to take any situation can just be quickly resolved by restraining the defendant, which is usually over something minute most of the time, the staff can be rude at times and it surprises me that the majority of staff on the Johnson unit all speak the same language which is not English. the response of the staff is ridiculous they have an traffic light system which is the only contact the doctors have with patients simple paper work sysystem so basically you don't even need to conversate with the doctor to know if he/she is road safety,a mere traffic light system with is inadequate an out dated the staff basically are baby sitters they are supposedly suppost to be monitoring each individual persons behaviour but only report negative behaviour ,I have been on green on this so called traffic light system and have not been moved within 3weeks ,this is my 3rd week on green and I am still waiting here the place is beyond ridiculous its a shambles of a unit,if I was on the board of bosses who control this place I would honestly think about closeure of this unit.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

Tom762 reviewed South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust

I was shown nothing but kindness, care, consideration for my feelings

Early this year I suffered a breakdown which coincided with my becoming homeless. As a result I became suicidal, withdrawn, anxious and unable and unwilling to cope. I was referred to the Lambeth Home Treatment Team a community based acute mental health and support service. In the time I was under their care I was shown nothing but kindness, care, consideration for my feelings and was encouraged to see beyond the immediate and to focus on rebuilding my life step by step. With their help this has now begun. They are a focused, hard working, friendly group of people who are good listeners as well as having practical skills and experience. I am now moving on to a less intensive support structure but I shall miss my Home Team and cannot thank them enough for what they have done.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 01 March 2017 using Care Opinion

South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Everybody wants to help, yet nothing actually happens.

I've been an outpatient for about four years. The doctors are excellent, the support staff inadequate. (There's no point in writing to tell me about appointments after the day they're due). My main concern is the immense amount of time that passes by while waiting for services that seem only to exist in theory. Post-truth services. Truthinesses. I'm the one with the mental health issues, but I'm surrounded by very clever people who are in denial, or who have acquired a state of learned hopelessness. And yet the Trust tell me that 91% of the staff think they're making a difference, as reported in one of their pointless yet expensive reports. Given the Maudsley is supposed to be one of the UK's centres of excellence in mental health, one might have hoped for more. What happens is you get the services they've got on the shelf, regardless of their suitability. The ones you need, which they advertise as having, don't in reality exist.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 February 2017

South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Service user gave South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Lambeth Triage Assessment Ward

I was admitted to Lambeth Triage ward during a relapse/crisis in August last year. Being 18yo at the time I was new to the adult pychiatric environment but none of the staff were compassionate about this. Upon arrival I was so scared about what to expect. I was admitted at around 3am and after my initial assessment I was just left in the interview room, door wide open - no privacy - where I was soon accompanied by another ill patient whom I felt quite intimidated by. I didn't know any better than to think that I was going to be harmed by the patient intruding however staff did not tend to my worries. I thought the staff would atleast take into consideration that I was the youngest of patients on the ward and show me to my room. I was left in that interview room for atleast an hour, then a nurse proceeded to carry out physical obs. I then had to ask to be showed to my room and to be given bedding. Throughout my stay on the assessment ward I was met with ignorant bank staff who lacked patience because all I seemed to do was cry. One bank staff even went on to say, "Why are you crying? Can you not answer the question - it's simple English" .. the same member of staff who would speak in a different language to the other bank staff. During medication rounds I would have to sit in the medical room with other patients whilst staff gave us our medication and spoke about patients' matters infront of other patients. Surely this is a breach of patient confidentiality?
I did not feel supported in any way. I was meant to be on 1:1 observations but staff would mind their own business and follow me in their own timing. This was so unhelpful considering my state of mind was so fragile and I was vulnerable and at risk to myself. Even in hospital I didnt feel safe which defeats the purpose really.
One of the first things I noticed during my stay was that staff treated every patient as if we all had the same level of mental capacity and staff portrayed a blasé attitude because perhaps they were under the impression that I was a regular admission when infact I was terrified of being admitted to an adult ward for the first time. Never once was I reassured about my anxieties. Neither was my recovery promoted. I was just constantly getting into trouble for crying. Its disgusting the way they relate to service users at times.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 19 March 2017

South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

bitofakerfuffle gave South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Croydon Psych Liason: 5.6.2016

Big well done to SLaM's Croydon psych liaison at their A/E who took my problems very seriously, and understood that due to my 'complex presentation' to coin neighbouring Oxleas' phrase, that I whilst I do not present in the typical manner. Shame SPNFT did not take my paranoia seriously.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 10 June 2016

Shocking

Lambeth Early Onset,what a place,the receptionists are rude,the care coordinators don't know how to do their jobs and no one cares,no staff return your calls when your distressed,no treatment for client and nil help for families,if your given a doctor to see,your one of the lucky ones.When you look at their website it all sounds so good,words mean nothing,action does.A client would get more help in a third world country

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 01 September 2016