Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust

0114 271 6310 Fulwood House, Old Fulwood Road , Sheffield, S10 3TH

Marie gave Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

wardsend west recovery team

My dad has been under west wardsend recovery team since 2002. His mental health over the last year or more has greatly deteriorated. He has had no continuity of care, lack of support, poor or no communication, no support in crisis. Over the last year he's had numerous 'care co-ordinators' so therapeutic relationships cannot be formed. His life has been put at risk if it was not for his family I believe he would not be here. Over the last year there has been no compassion. NO input to managing his complex mental health needs. I fear for the clients who have no family support network. Their lack of care and compasion has further impacted on my dad's mental and physical conditions. Big changes need to be made before something bad happens to someone that cannot be reversed.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 May 2017

Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back. We are sorry to learn of your father's experiences and would like to look into the issues you have raised. Please contact our Corporate Affairs Team on 0114 2718956 or e-mail complaints@shsc.nhs.uk

A Nobody. gave Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Better off on your own

Long time service user. Cutbacks etc., young inexperienced CPN's, those employed straight from university 'just completed or are still studying or on placement ' volunteer social workers with over extensive use '3rd party contractors' Rethink etc., 'that tell you to take your meds, calm down, put TV on, watch a film, have a cup of tea & some biscuits' and consultants over stretched & worked means I am left with 'no service' from CMHT Sheffield at all right now. Full high level complaint is in with Fulwood for them to investigate. Present CPN/support worker I have is part time 3 days a week. 1 of those the CPN/support worker is 'duty support' and tells me they have 60 clients they have to see every month. Last 12 months I have hit full crisis 5 times. Twice attending A&E to sit talk with the crisis team there. Other 3 were telephone support with assurances by the OOH crisis team East Glade will be informed of my contact with them for follow up. That never happened. No one followed up. 70+ phone calls in at and too East Glade last 12 months with but 5 being returned. CPN tells me 'they are part time overworked busy' and frequently denies that they have been handed messages I left for them. I have the last 12 months made huge changes to my physical wellbeing but CMHT have not supported that development at all.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 23 January 2017

Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 January 2017

We are very sorry to hear of your concerns. You mention that you have made a formal complaint to the Trust and a full investigation is underway. The Chief Executive will write to you once the investigation is complete and will also identify any actions to be taken as a result of your complaint. You may find it helpful to seek support from the specialist Sheffield Mental Health Advocacy Service based at the Michael Carlisle Centre. You can contact them on 0800 0350396.

incrisis gave Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Limbrick is awful

A truly awful place for mental health services. unless you're suicidal and likely to die on their watch they don't give a damn. Psychiatrists so deeply embedded in judgemental medical model it's like stepping back in time - I suspect they want to chain nutters up and sedate them with opiates. Also very poor communication resulting in them wasting NHS resources. Crisis support guaranteed to push people over the edge - no concept of how to speak to someone in crisis - obsessed with needing to know name and address - kinda tricky in throes of dissociation and cognitive impairment. Clinical psychologists mean well but are heavily guarded by support and social workers this place puts its focus on its staff and its system - service users are way way down the to-do list.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 06 August 2016

We are very sorry to learn of your concerns. We are committed to ensuring that all concerns and complaints are dealt with promptly and investigated thoroughly and fairly. We value the feedback we receive from service users and carers and recognise the importance of using this feedback to develop and improve our services. You can complain to us directly by e-mailing complaints@shsc.nhs.uk or by ringing 0114 2718956.