Devon Partnership NHS Trust

01392 208866 Wonford House, Dryden Road , Exeter, Devon, EX2 5AF

Anonymous gave Devon Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

I've worked in mental health

I went to A&E after taking an overdose on Friday. I was interviewed by the Liaison Team. I just think the MH services in this area are not at all good. I do not say this lightly, but after 5 years of trying to gain support. With the last visit to A&E they are really good at putting a person off and evenA&E staff knew what I meant when I said theres is no point. So I said it was, all fine because its a waste of time and they want to hear that.I also said they think I am stupid. May invest the money in something more helpful. Because I gave up with them sometime ago.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust has not yet replied.

crisis team mis treatment

i am inshock about the treatment i got from the crisis team loads of abuse off them because i am feeling sucidal.treated me like a kid.ijust cant believe that they can get away with treating people like this. being laughed at by them because i was in tears fromthe verbal abuse i was getting from them,going to take this matter much further.this needs to stop now

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust replied on 26 September 2017

We are very shocked to read your comments about our crisis team staff and would like to sincerely apologise for the treatment you have experienced. We would like to investigate this further to try to make sure that it does not happen to you, or anyone else, again. Please make contact with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service to tell them about the team you have been in contact with. You can call them on 0800 073 0741 or by email dpn-tr.pals@nhs.net We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

very un helpfull

very bad service indeed.never getthe help i need,been feeling very sucidal my gp referred me to them ages ago and not even a letter off them

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust replied on 26 September 2017

We are very sorry to hear that no-one has been in contact with you. Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on freephone 0800 073 0741 or by email dpn-tr.pals@nhs.net to find out what has happened to your referral, or make contact with your GP again who will do this on your behalf. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks for leaving your feedback.

BEN gave Devon Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor example of how mental health services should work

Discharged from services at one of the most vulnerable times in my life for missing an appointment!! Was not even contacted to find out why i missed an appointment, just thrown out like the trash! When infact my reason for missing an appointment was due to having a severe epileptic seizure, my epilepsy was known to the services, so am i now being punished for having epilepsy? Surely if a vulenerable person under mental health services starts missing appointments, the mental health team have a duty to find out why? For all they know the person could be experiencing crisis! But not this mental health service, far easier to disharge the patient mid way through treatment, after forcing them to open up about their traumatic past!! Just toss them out like the trash!

How are other people supposed to be more open and understanding of people suffering from mental healh associated problems, when even the people being paid to do so cant get it right?

It took me a long time to seek help in the first place and to open up and trust enough to begin to deal with/talk about my past. I will not be making the same mistake again!

These people are playing russian roulette with vunerable people's lives!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust replied on 17 October 2017

We are so sorry to hear about your experience of using our services and would like to offer our sincere apologies for what has happened and how it has made you feel. We would like to investigate this further to understand how it could have happened and ensure that it doesn’t occur again. Would you be willing to get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on Freephone 0800 073 0741 or by email dpn-tr.pals@nhs.net to share your experience and let us know which team you were seeing. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback.

Really bad services

I am very disappointed in the assessment I received a few weeks ago it was 2 workers whom made me feel intimidated and they pretty much fobbed off everything I said and didn’t see any way of giving me help for my mental health as always fob you off with meds. Always have an excuse for how I am feeling and you wonder why the nhs mental health services are failing it’s the people within the nhs that causes it to fail.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust replied on 17 October 2017

We are very sorry to hear how you were made to feel during your recent assessment and would like to apologise that you were not offered the support you expected. Would you like to talk about this further to see if we can find a way forward for you? If you do, please would you get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on Freephone 0800 073 0741 or by email dpn-tr.pals@nhs.net and explain what has happened. Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback here.

no help just excuses

ii have been attending sherborne house since feb 2017over 6 onths and still not been refffered for therapy i have complex PTSD and fybromyalgia and both of these are reated with pyschotherapy according to NHS website i have been asking for a referal for therapy for over 6 months and jusr get excuses, it says on the website you can self refer so i phoned my gp and was told i had to do it through the mental health team who i have been seeing for 6 months they keep refusing to refer me and keep giving me excuses. i said i am entititled to self refer so i want to be refered and they have said no. i have been feeling suicidal because i am not gettng the help i need and phoning out of hours services . iwas told i would get the help i need and still no help i am so desperate to get the therapy i need . the single point of access team says they will tell the mental health team but they still do nothing to help me. they have now cancelled my appointment with them this week.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust replied on 12 July 2017

Dear Andy

Thanks again for leaving your comments here. We are so sorry to hear of your ongoing difficulties in getting the help you need and how it is making you feel. Thanks for getting in touch with our PALS team who will help you take this forward and find a resolution to the issues concerning you. With our best wishes.

Kelly230 gave Devon Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Mental Health Assessment health and wellbeing clinic Torbay

I have recently been for a mental health assessment at Torbay hospital, I was seen by a mental health nurse. During the assessment the nurse was patient and did not try to rush me and gave me all the time I needed to explain how I was feeling. I actually felt like they listened to everything I said. The nurse also gave me a working diagnosis which explained a lot of the problems I have had for the past 25 years. The nurse is referring me to the Teignbridge community mental health team, I am concerned as the nurse said they have a long waiting list and I am desperate for help and it wasn't explained to me how long the wait would be. Long story short I just wanted to say the nurse was fantastic, kind caring and explained everything clearly I just hope the cmht are just as helpful. I would like to thank the nurse who was great. To anyone out there worrying about having an assessment worry not these people do care and want what's best for you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 22 July 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust replied on 27 September 2017

Dear Kelly

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about our services. We are very pleased to hear that your experience was a good one and that you had time to explain how you were feeling and felt you were listened to. Currently, most people are seen within eight weeks or less so you should not have to wait too long. Well done for taking this first step on your road to recovery. We wish you all the best with your treatment and will share your kind comments with the service manager.

Andy gave Devon Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Very helpful

Recently been in a crisis and was given respite at Granvue crisis center by the Newton Abbot crisis team. the staff were friendly and even catered to my low carb vegetarian diet.They even gave me lifts to appointments and was given a gradual transition back home which was very helpful. I got picked up and returned at an agreed time that i was comfortable with and the communication from the crisis team was very reassuring. I had a follow up appointment at home and was informed of my appointment with the Newton Abbot Mental Health team the following week.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust replied on 26 September 2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us which we will pass on to the teams you mention. We are very pleased to hear that you had such good support and hope that your recovery is still progressing well. With best wishes.

Absolutely Unbelievable!

I have been attending the Anxiety and deppression clinic at Sherborne House in Newton Abbot and asking for a referal for Pyschtherapy for over 6 months for complex PTSD i have now been told i have been put on an 8 week program to decide what therapy to be referred for even though i keep asking for therapy for complex PTSD. I am very mustrustful of staff for various reasons and have been asked by my care coordinators if i trust them? they then said if i do not trust them then i would not be ready for therapy! The main symptom of PTSD and in particular complex PTSD of which i have been told i have by the Assist Trauma Care help line is being mistrustful of people! so the very therapy i would need to help me get over my symtoms of PTSD i am being told that if i have them i would not ready for the therapy! On the NHS Choices website it says you can self refer for a particular therapy so i spoke to my GP and was told i would have to do it through the Newton Abbot mental halth team, these are the very people who are not refering me after 6 months of asking! How on Earth can this be right!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust replied on 27 June 2017

Dear Andy

Thanks for sharing your further feedback about our services and for getting in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who will try to resolve these issues with you as soon as possible. We sincerely apologise for the delay in finding the right treatment for you and acknowledge how frustrating the delay must be. With best wishes.

waste of time

I was given the crisis team number to ring in a crisis by the mental health team, i telephoned them because my mental health has been deteriating and ihave been having suicidal thoughts and worried i am going to hurt myself. the person who anwserd the phone said what do you want i told them i was feeling suicidal and they asked my name, as soon as i gave my name they became abrupt with me, i feel this is because i have complained of abusive behaviour from them in the past they immediatly said you are not in crisis without even listening to me, they came to this conclusion within less than 2o seconds on the phone and told me to go to the emergency deprtment in Torquay, i said i was not feeling well enough to go there because of my mental state and they told me they were ending the converstaion. what is the point inthis service if tey do not help you. this has just added to my feelings of hoplessness and desperation that are am not going to get the help i need. i have since then started self harming again ad gone on w adownward spiral

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 18 June 2017

Devon Partnership NHS Trust replied on 22 June 2017

Dear Andy

Thanks for posting your feedback about your experience of contacting one of our crisis teams. We are so sorry to hear that you feel the person you spoke to wasn’t able to respond to you in an appropriate way or give you the help you needed. Would you be able to get in touch with us to discuss this further and to look at options for the future? Please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on Freephone 0800 073 0741 or by email dpn-tr.pals@nhs.net to talk this through with them. We look forward to hearing from you.