South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust

01924 327000 Trust Headquarters, Fieldhead, Ouchthorpe Lane , Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF1 3SP

Anonymous gave South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Diabolical Communication

I was referred to the CMHT over 2 months ago. I have received no communication from this trust regarding my referral. I understand the NHS is under severe pressure due to austerity. But why can you not at least send me a letter acknowledging my referral and the anticipated wait time? Your failure to do this demonstrates complete and utter contempt for the patients of your service. I am going to get myself in a huge amount of debt to be seen privately as I have no confidence that your trust will ever see me. I have severe and enduring mental health problems and have been unable to work since 2008 and solely rely on state benefits as well as paying the bedroom tax so have no hope of repaying this debt which will only compound my problems. Thanks a bunch for such an uncaring approach

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 July 2017

Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry that your experience of Trust services has not been positive. If you would like to discuss your concerns further with customer services please contact us on 0800 587 2108 or customer.servicesswyt@nhs.net

Mental health 'services' unworthy of the name

Having frequently moved, SW Yorkshire is the third Trust I have received outpatient mental health care under. Underfunding of MH services and regional disparities in care are not exactly unheard of but in Barnsley at least I have never known such appalling 'care', much to the point that myself and my family have completely given up on receiving any worthwhile help and have largely been forced to 'go it alone'. From a CPN who was completely incompetent ( would often turn up 1+ hrs late to appointments if at all, spend most of the appt. discussing their own life and dismiss any concern that I may at some point become ill again – as I had entered a period of general stability by the time I was allocated a CPN – as excessive "naval gazing" and me being too gloomy). I since moved away from the catchment area to study, though have returned partway through a course I was forced to leave (again) due to MH issues (and/or too much naval gazing). I feel less let down about this disservice more recently as it has become clear from meeting current psychiatrist that it is too their view that there isn't really a problem, and a completely blasé attitude. This would be a fine and positive message if they wasn't so cold and condescending and completely dismissive of anything personal and/or subjective. I am therefore unsure of whether I have been extremely unfortunate in being allocated with both a nurse and doctor who have if anything made my issues worse, or if this is a wider problem across the trust. Most times I have spoken to staff working on duty/through the crisis team, their words and advice have been amazingly helpful and second to none. I can't thank them enough for that. Though last year I recall having a plea to have my 6-monthly psychiatric appointment brought forward due to massively spiralling problems, I was told "no". At the peak of this crisis, when I phoned the duty team to ask, after trying to manage without, if I could be allocated another CPN, I was told the issue would be raised at their weekly meeting and I would hear back soon – never even received a phone call nor even a letter to say either way. Whilst I do have a supportive family who have helped me no end, I feel awful for the majority of service users who don't have this back up. We have been forced to go private as necessary, we are by no means flush but are able to when needed. There is an 18-month waiting list for psychological services, which my GP has recently informed me is now 22 months, which I see as defeating the object of offering these services whatsoever as I would imagine most folks would either not need the help after so long or some likely even be dead. If it wasn't for that I have been under the care of two different trusts in the past, I would put this solely down to the funding crisis in the NHS, though having received fantastic and compassionate care elsewhere, I am left assuming SWY is incalculably worse than most other trusts, though never fathoming why.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 23 January 2017

South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 January 2017

We are sorry that you have not had a positive experience of our community mental health services. We would really appreciate understanding more about your experience so that we can assist you if possible and can act on your feedback.
Please get in touch with our customer services team on either 0800 587 2108 or by email at: customer.servicesswyt@nhs.net. Thank you.

Speech and Language

The service is nasty! The service cannot even remember your name in a complaints letter. If you are referred to this service and do not have a learning disability (IQ under 70) expect to be discharged.
When you ask for communication aids expect to be asked to lead a communication training.
When you ask for support in appointments expect none.
Very negative experience. Given up on NHS and paid private!! Private spotted straight away I have problems with social communication.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 12 June 2017

South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that your experience of using Trust services has not been positive. We do take all feedback seriously and always seek to do all that we can to respond and learn lessons. If you would like to discuss your concerns further so that these can be looked into and investigated, please contact the Trust's customer services team on 0800 587 2108 or email them at customer.servicesswyt@nhs.net

Anonymous gave South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Happy to be here

I think that as a whole the staff at Newton Lodge are very good, although sometimes they can be a bit sarcastic which I don't like.

The quality of the care I receive is good, it's 100%. The staff fully involve me in the planning of my care which is good.

I think that the facilities here are very good and are kept nice and clean. Overall I would say i'm very happy to be here.

Visited in September 2015. Posted on 07 December 2015

South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 January 2016

Thank you for your positive feedback. It is always satisfying to read such comments from people who use our services and for our staff to know that their hard work is acknowledged and valued.
If you would like these comments to be forwarded on to the ward, can you please make contact with our customer services team on 0800 587 2108.
Many thanks

I wouldn't recommend Fieldhead to anyone

The staff cannot do their job correctly.
Some staff like arguments when a person is looking for one. Staff do not understand patients personality and do not want to know. I am disgusted with the care I recieve.

Visited in March 2015. Posted on 07 December 2015

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with the level of care you have received from Trust staff . If you would like the Trust to look into the issues you have raised, please do not hesitate to contact our customer services team on either 0800 587 2108 or customer.servicesswyt@nhs.net. Thank you.

Richard Dickinson gave South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

The Trust works very hard but sometimes short on staff.

The staff work hard but sometimes there are staff shortages.
Staff are very helpful and friendly and willing to help patients. If you have a problem you can go up to them and they will help you.
I think the staff do a good job of caring for patients.
The gym is ok, but not many staff are trained to let us use it. They use agency staff which limits what we can do we can only play pool and not use the other facilities.

Visited in November 2014. Posted on 27 November 2015

Thank you for your positive feedback and suggestions. It is always satisfying to read such comments from people who use our services and for our staff to know that their hard work is acknowledged and valued.
Many thanks