West London Mental Health NHS Trust

020 8354 8354 Trust Headquarters, 1 Armstrong Way , Southall, UB2 4SD

flowers for ever reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

He really listened to me and that allowed me to breathe.

I went to Claybrooke in desperation. Before I entered the building I felt sick, my heart was pounding so strong I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
Then I met this wonderful man that showed me kindnesses and human understanding but most of all, he really listened to me and that allowed me to breathe.
I wish to thank Jonathan from the bottom of my heart for listening and truly understanding and helping me. You're an outstanding man that went above and beyond your job. You're someone that I will never forget, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH .
[Unsure about 'Staff skills']

[Unsure about 'Being listened to']

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Chris Bench, Clinical Director Primary and Planned Care, West London Mental Health NHS Trust replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you very much for letting us know about your experience at the Claybrook Centre. It's great to hear that Jonathan was able to help you at a difficult time.

capricornusgm97 reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

It motivated me to take action

I found the Fighting Fear course very well planned and delivered. It motivated me to take action and I've used various forms of public transport that I haven't for many years.
I feel I have turned a corner and must work to maintain the progress I've made.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Highly Specialist Cognitive Behaviour Therapist, Hounslow IAPT, West London Mental Health NHS Trust replied on 18 October 2017

Dear Capricornusgm97,
Thank you very much for your feedback! I am so pleased that you've found the group helpful and managed to achieve your goals. It sounds like you've made some great progress. As you pointed out, now the focus needs to be on maintaining these gains by continuing being your own therapist so I wish you all the very best for the future.

Amii Alexander reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Health Anxiety CBT

I have suffered from health anxiety for many years and decided to contact Back On Track. I ended up being treated with a course of CBT by the West London Mental Health Service over a few months.
It was extremely helpful and it allowed me to make plans for the future and how to deal with my anxiety and keep it under control.
My therapist was very understanding and gentle, always taking the time to listen to me as provide sensitive feedback as well as giving me the tools I need to cope in the future.
I would highly recommend this service to anyone feeling bad. It's discreet and flexible and overall very effective.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Katie Jeffs, Deputy Clinical Lead, West London Mental Health NHS Trust replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback with regard to your experience of the Back on Track Service. We are really pleased to hear that your experience has been a positive one and that it has provided you with the necessary tools to help you to manage your anxiety and make plans for the future. We wish you all the best for the future.
Back on Track

skybr63 reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Great support

I have been already known to mental health services when I got pregnant. I've been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and chronic depression.
When I found out I'm expecting, went to the GP who were referring me back to mental health services as I been discharged previously because I was OK.
I have been taken care of throughout by a wonderful psychologist and a trainee psychologist.
O have always been told: My best option to say Ok it's being on medication... But R. Zhey told me different; yes the medication is the best option in terms of preventing relapse but it is entirely my decision if I want to stay off. I was so happy with this. And the healthcare professionals were supporting me with full chest when I decided to stay off.
And I've been medication free until this day, my daughter is six months old.
the care after pregnancy was also excellent, could not have been happier with the service. I especially want to thank Samantha M. She is awesome!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Nicky Wilson, Service Manager, Liaison & Long Term Conditions Services, WLMHT replied on 02 October 2017

Dear skybr63
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about the Perinatal service, and specifically such positive feedback about the support one of the nurses within the team offered you. It was clearly an extremely challenging time for you and we are pleased that you felt you benefited from the service you received. We hope that other women/families will benefit from reading your feedback. We will ensure this feedback is shared with the whole service and wish you and your family well in the future.
Best wishes
Nicky Wilson
(Service Manager)

capellark48 reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Her strategies helped me with my panic attacks

I had a very tough pregnancy within battling my mental health, social workers, family stresses. I literally felt like crumbling down at times. Things changed when I had the support from Angela to talk about their fears, emotions anxieties, etc. A really big thank you to Angela who would advise me, listen to me rant and help keep me grounded to a more positive step. She also gave me tips and strategies that helped with any panic attacks. It is a shame that it only runs 6 months; you build relationships and should have the same person to carry on. 6 months is definitely not long enough.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Nicky Wilson, Service Manager, Liaison & Long Term Conditions Services, WLMHT replied on 29 September 2017

Dear capellark48
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback about the Hounslow Perinatal service, and specifically such positive feedback about the support one of the nurses within the team offered you. It was clearly an extremely challenging time for you and your family and we are pleased that you felt you benefited from the service you received. We hope that other women/families will benefit from reading your feedback.
We would like to reassure you that we are continuing to work with our local commissioners about developing the service further to be able to offer provision up to 1 year post birth in the future.
Best wishes
Nicky Wilson
(Service Manager)

funkyfish reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

prime example of how professionals should be

I am a carer for my son and recently visited Eatsmead surgery for an assessment of my son’s needs. I would like to applause specialist for the dedication, empathy and understanding they showed us at the meeting. My son was extremely anxious about meeting them bearing in mind this was his first contact with mental health services.
They showed empathy/ caring – acknowledged my sons loss and got in touch with how he was feeling, they were able to talk to him giving him insight to how and why he was feeling the way he was.
Dignity & Respect – they were respectful at all times and informed my son that it was a safe place for him to discuss how he was feeling and that they would also divulge information if he posed a risk to self or others.
Sensitive – they showed immense empathy and was able to change the direction of the conversation when they witnessed him becoming distressed and unable to go on with the meeting, the diversion from the sensitive talk enabled him to complete the assessment.
They are a credit to WLMHT and an a prime example of how how professional should be in the caring field.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Robert white, Senior Primary Care Mental Health Worker, West London Mental Health NHS Trust replied on 08 September 2017

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback about your recent experience with Fiona, one of our Primary Care Mental Health Workers.
It is really positive to hear that the approach that Fiona offered to you and your son worked so well for him. The qualities that you describe are those that we aspire to uphold in all of our interactions with patients, carers and other health and social care colleagues and we very much appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to tell us about your experience.
We hope that your son is able to access the help that he needs and that his recovery progresses smoothly.
Best wishes,

Woh reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

MH advocacy

We were referred to Eileen Kiran (Ealing IAPT) for further services to support our needs. Eileen worked with us as couple advocacy regarding our on going social care needs. She was able to understand the array of medical problems and the impact on our physical/mental strains. In support of our requirements, Eileen addressed these issues in writing to our GP regarding our physical and mental wellbeing, pain clinic, hospital appointments and accessibility issues.
She also has requested a referral to urgent occupational therapist home visit regarding to use of facilities indoors. The support from Eileen has been most instrumental and the response has been quick as many of the items have been actioned. Eileen has also supplied a further list of services we may require in future.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Louise De Haro, Deputy Clinical Lead Ealing IAPT, West London Mental Health NHS Trust replied on 11 October 2017

Dear "Woh"
How nice to hear from you again, this time regarding our Advocacy Service. The Advocacy "team" _is_ Eileen and a small but crucial part of Ealing IAPT. We are delighted that you have posted your appreciation of Eileen's work. She is an expert at what she does and we are delighted that she was able to assist you with a number of important issues.
She has a wealth of experience in helping people to navigate their way through the many and at times complex routes into services across the physical, social and mental health services. Eileen has years of experience in helping people with these types of issues and is a mine of practical information and resources which she puts to good use.
Advocacy is another form of support which Ealing IAPT is proud to offer to those who use our other services such as individual and group therapies and we appreciate your feedback which will highlight this to other readers of Care Opinion.
She will be delighted with your feedback which I will share with all of the team.
On behalf of Ealing IAPT, many thanks and best wishes
Dr Louise De Haro, Clinical Psychologist
Deputy Clinical Lead Ealing IAPT

BPD reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Lack of support

I experienced a total lack of support whilst at the Cassel Hospital, senior staff admitting the Hospital was understaffed and patients would need to consider a different approach to help with the shortfall in staff regarding support, I was left with medication in my possession that I had reported to staff on admission to the mental health unit. three times I reminded staff that it had not been taken to the pharmacy later leading to a near fatal overdose.
Staff appeared to admit that they had failed me, one of many failings when a doctor asks if I was going to self harm and my reply was yes, and no further action was taken regarding my safety I found myself in A&E majors after a near fatal overdose, meds not removed from my room. I found this to be a very dangerous place for any mental health sufferer. I had to leave the hospital as I had no support regarding my suicidal tendencies and was likely to commit suicide.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017 using Care Opinion

Amanda MacKenzie, Senior Nurse, West London Mental Health NHS Trust replied on 19 September 2017

Dear BPD
We are extremely sorry that this has been your experience whilst an inpatient at the Cassel Hospital and that it is your belief that the Cassel is a dangerous place for individuals suffering with mental health problems
The Cassel Hospital is a Tier 4 NHS E commissioned Specialist service. The hospital does differ from other Tier 4 mental Health units as we only admit patients on a voluntary basis, this happens following an extensive assessment process. The model at the Cassel has evolved over many decades and is based on the principles of a Therapeutic community; there is extensive evidence available to support this approach.
The central aspect of the Cassel model, and culture is relational in nature. It therefore relies on both staff and patients working together through open and honest relationships, building trust, in order that risks can be managed safely without restrictions in an open environment. There are a number of formal structures in place which support this approach, however another vital aspect of this treatment is patient-led through learning, supporting each other, upholding the boundaries, expectations and shared values of the community.
We would like to unreservedly apologise for the fact that your medication was not managed in line with our own requirements. We are extremely sorry that this was the case. We do indeed have nursing vacancies at present and are working hard to recruit to these posts. In order to manage the shortfalls we do use regular Bank staff who are familiar with the Cassel at the agreed nurse staffing levels.
We do acknowledge that the approach at the Cassel may not work for everyone referred. Whilst we do have a robust assessment process on occasion patients do enter treatment and conclude that this approach does not meet their expectations and cannot accommodate their needs. On these occasions we do strive to understand what happened, how we might do things differently and identify any shortfalls through formal processes. I can confirm that this process is currently underway.
We would like to thank you for your honest feedback and we hope that our response is helpful.

Konnie reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Counselling Journey

I used Ealing IAPT counselling service in London as part of West London Mental Health Trust. My counselling journey started about a year ago when I self-referred to Ealing IAPT in order to address certain difficulties that I was facing. I was offered counselling with counsellor Piero and I completed my counselling about two months ago. I can say with confidence that the service I received was excellent and it helped me during a rough time. I built a strong relationship of trust with my counsellor and we explored several areas of need. I am grateful for the support that I was offered and I appreciate all the help I got. I enjoyed the fact that I met with Piero on a weekly basis and this was the time for me to unwind and to reflect on certain behaviours and issues. It helped that Piero was a very understanding counsellor who gave me space and time to share my concerns. I cannot thank you enough for being by my side during this crucial time!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 05 July 2017 using Care Opinion

West London Mental Health NHS Trust has not yet replied.

KonSot reviewed West London Mental Health NHS Trust

My counselling journey

I used Ealing IAPT counselling service in London as part of West London Mental Health Trust. My counselling journey started about a year ago when I self-referred to Ealing IAPT in order to address certain difficulties that I was facing. I was offered counselling with counsellor Piero and I completed my counselling about two months ago. I can say with confidence that the service I received was excellent and it helped me during a rough time. I built a strong relationship of trust with my counsellor and we explored several areas of need. I am grateful for the support that I was offered and I appreciate all the help I got. I enjoyed the fact that I met with Piero on a weekly basis and this was the time for me to unwind and to reflect on certain behaviours and issues. It helped that Piero was a very understanding and empathetic counsellor who gave me space and time to share my concerns. I cannot thank you enough for being by my side during this crucial time!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Louise De Haro, Deputy Clinical Lead Ealing IAPT, West London Mental Health NHS Trust replied on 11 July 2017

Dear KonSot
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to post your opinion on the care you received from Piero at Ealing IAPT. The site is a great way for our staff to receive feedback from people that they have helped and very rewarding but we also know that it encourages others to contact us as well.
We are really pleased that through our self-referral system (many people find this easier than going through a GP) you were able to access the support you needed to help you through the rough times and to develop a supportive relationship in which to work through the issues.
I know that Piero will be delighted that he was able to be there for you at a "crucial time", we hope that you continue to maintain your progress.
Best wishes from Piero and Ealing IAPT