Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust

01225 325680 Bath NHS House, Newbridge Hill , Bath, Avon, BA1 3QE

Anonymous gave Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

No point in expressing serious concerns and reviews

I have reached the end of the line with hoping to get any sort of help from this Trust or the NHS in general. The motto 'You matter, we Care' is simply an insult to your intelligence. I am fed up with being pushed from piller to post from GP back to this Trust and quite frankly being spoken to in the rudest and most patronising manner from the people you are meant to turn to when you can no longer cope and are already at your lowest.They are after all supposed to be the experts. If someone else advises me to engage in self help groups, go on the internet for advice, or ring the Samaritons I will scream. Most people have already tried all those options before they turn to Mental Health Services. Don't bother complaining or going to Pals they are inundated with complaints and can't handle the volume of people seeking there help. I don't ask to be mentally unwell and you should receive the same medical treatment and courtesy that any other illness gets. The fact that this site only prints some reviews is censorship in its self. Even the fact I have been sectioned on several occasions and have serious risks, doesn't seem to matter as this Trust doesnt care. I am made to feel that it is my fault that I am asking for help before I become more unwell and doing the right thing. I have had more compassion and help from the police and ambulance staff then this Trust. I shall just wait until I get sectioned again and cost the tax payers and this Trust more money and then they will say 'why didn't you ask for help sooner?' All the staff I have in countered in this Trust have been more judgemental then people who have no training in Mental Health issues. I don't want anything else to do with any of them they make you feel worse about yourself and only palm you off so they can discharge you and get you off their books whether your still at risk or not. I will be interested to see if this review will get published. I doubt it.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 03 December 2018

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service

I can't fault the staff or the services i have received from AWP

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 15 November 2018

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Ginnelly Mark gave Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Terrible failings & No Understanding of How to Help.

The Wiltshire IAPT & Primary Care Liaison team's cherry pick the conditions they deal with & have No Idea about Sign Posting except to organisations outside the NHS. Having spoken to local GP's they manage 99% of their own patients mental health issues in the community. Getting almost No help or resources from this shocking trust. They missed every agreed deadline for a reply to a complaint so let's see how they deal with the Care Quality Commission , the PHSO & the Media.. According to one of their own team Counseling has become too Popular or in reality the region's mental health.issues have got worse. The doctor needs to put her Trust in order

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 11 October 2018

indarkness reviewed Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust

I cannot go on living like this

I was discharged extremely suicidal from the Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health trust in Bristol 6 months ago. this was against the advice of several of my GPs at the time, my former therapist, and a mental health advocate. I have been left with severe mental health issues, alone, with no help. In the last 6 months, 2 suicidal referrals have been rejected. it is clear that AWPs intention is to reject each and every referral made about the severity of my situation.
In the last 6 months my mental health has severely deteriorated. I have become far more suicidal, having to be pulled from bridges repeatedly by strangers. I have about half an hour's sleep. I am experiencing severe paranoia and am unable to sleep because of a real fear of negative spirit attachments. I have developed severe eating problems. I survive on 3 eggs a day.
after removing my only source of help 6 months ago, AWP recommended repeatedly that I re visit a charity therapy centre who completely emotionally traumatised me. clearly this is not appropriate.
I was seeing a therapist once weekly, which was helpful - this was 6 months ago when I was under the AWP community team- but that was all removed when I was discharged. even my former therapist agreed that the short term and behavioural therapy options in the free charities community are not and would not be of benefit- based on past experiences. (I was doing relational therapy with my former therapist 6 months ago).
I cannot go on living like this. I have been utterly left to rot, I am marked on my risk assessment as high suicide risk. and have been left in a severe position with no support. I need help from the NHS.
Please pass my statement directly on to the staff in the Bristol Petherton team.
I have made many complaints to PALS and will no longer accept any communication from them and have long since given up making any complaints to them, since I have discovered it is pointless. all they ever do is make you wait months for a letter which basically says 'sorry you feel that way' or 'that never happened' or 'we did everything perfectly'. so I do not seek to make a complaint.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 20 November 2018 using Care Opinion

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Excellent Help so far

I cannot thank the team in Swindon enough. My brother is currently having a down episode. I live in Cheshire so I am quite remote in terms of the support I can give him.
He was referred by his GP and they responded almost immediately. This was not our experience before when the Crisis team existed.
At the moment my brother is receiving daily visits and he is slowly improving. Without their support I am sure he would have been admitted to hospital. Also great peace of mind for me, living so far away.
A big thank you to all the team in Swindon. Keep up the good work!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust replied on 16 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave this comment, I have shared it with the service and this will really make their day!

extremely poor service when suicidal

A concerned member from a mental health group contacted the authorities when I was suicidal. I didn't know she was phoning the police, I just assumed it was the ambulance she was phoning. Anyway, the police attended at my address and the crisis line worker told the police that it wasnt acceptable behaviour for me to be suicidal. I had tried to hang myself shortly before police had attended and when they asked me about what had happened i was honest about this. I described how my home was the least safe place to be, based on my extremely suicidal history, and indeed I am also marked as high risk for suicide. I was honest and said that I will again attempt suicide shortly and they left based on the distorted comments made by the crisis worker. once the police had left i tried to gas myself and was lucky to be alive. sadly this does not seem a unique experience within the realms of AWP.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust replied on 24 April 2018

I am really sorry to read of your recent experience. We really would like to hear from you so we can contact your team and look into this and also discuss the level of support you are receiving. Please could you contact PALS on 0800 073 1778 or 01225 362 900 or by email if you prefer at awp.pals@nhs.net

SB_18 reviewed Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust

My admission on the unit

My admission to the asar unit was negative on day 5 when they decided to kick me out because they couldn't cope with my mental health risks. Until then as much as it was very difficult it was a positive experience. Mental health and everything just doesn't dissappear overnight once you've stopped drinking and using drugs.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 16 February 2018 using Care Opinion

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust replied on 21 February 2018

Thank you for leaving your comment about our services. Specialised Services always welcomes feedback and takes this seriously. We are sorry that you have had a negative experience at Acer Unit. If you would like to discuss your experiences with us Sarah Jones, Clinical Lead for Specialised Services, would like to hear from you, please contact us at our PALS team on 01225 362900 or Freephone 0800 073 1778 or by email at awp.pals@nhs.net

Hopefully I'll be dead soon

AWP don't value honesty. in fact, they often try to hide the truth, with disastrous results. I was already aware of this, but made doubly so by the little list of reviews they 'won't accept' on this site.

firstly, the switchboard is an absolute joke, you have to ring about 10 billion times before you get the benefit of a rude switchboard operator, again and again. repeatedly having to give your date of birth to the same inept person who can't remember 6 digits, despite your having spoken to them many times.

when you eventually get through to a member of staff when you're suicidal, they refuse to offer you the basic dignity of being treated like an adult. proceeding to talk to you like a child and telling you to go for a walk/ bake a cake/ draw a picture etc. why can't anyone even just try and have a normal adult conversation with you, without any of these childish, unhelpful prompts I'll never know.

even though it states in my care plan that visits are helpful and important in a crisis, when I would phone in a crisis, no one would ever, ever come. I was always just barked at like a child 'you need to learn to take responsibility for yourself'. the only reason that I could see that they'd put down that I need visits in a crisis, was clearly to make themselves look kind and helpful, when in fact, nothing could be further from the truth and I was left to die on many occasions.

AWP are also trying to perform a 'force discharge' on me when I've spent this last year feeling more suicidal than I ever have done in my whole life. I am hanging on by such a thread, that as soon as this tiny piece of support is removed, I will end up killing myself.

don't bother telling me to 'email PALS' I have done so many times before, and found it a pathetic waste of time, where nothing is done except offer up lies as fragile 'excuses' for terrifically poor treatment. hence why I am not willing to do so now.

I'm hoping I will be dead soon, and then this whole sorry affair will be over.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 13 February 2018

Absolutely useless

A close family member of mine was signed off of work with stress recently and started having a bit of a breakdown. I have suffered with anxiety myself and was aware that even waiting for counselling was very frustrating. It started off well the mental health team visited them and did a long assessment and said they would come back after the weekend to let us know what the next step was. We then phoned twice on the Monday in distress to be told we have to see how it goes - even though he was having delusions and thinking everyone was out to get him. They did not even provide any sort of crisis number. In the end we had to phone the police because he went missing and an ambulance had to be sent to take him to hospital. It seems as though unless you get to A&E you won't be treated. This is ridiculous and is such a let down for people with mental illnesses. Totally disgusted with this and we are still not out of the woods yet!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 23 January 2018

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust replied on 25 January 2018

I am sorry to read of the difficulties your family member is having at the moment, it must be a very stressful time for you all. I am also very sorry that your experience has not been a good one and you have not had the support needed. We would very much like to look into the circumstances you have described in detail and would be grateful if you contacted the PALS team so they can take this forward. They can be contacted on 01225 731625 or 0800 073 1778 or by email at awp.pals@nhs.net

Awful service

Received absolutely awful service. Disorganised and stressful experience trying to obtain help from this service. Initially put in touch through my GP for help with severe depression and anxiety but the process of trying to obtain any led to additional stress until well over 6 months told they could offer no help.
Receptionist I dealt with sounded completely fed up and uninterested, failing to pass on messages and arrange call backs on numerous occasions.
Complete waste of time using this service and now having seeking help elsewhere.
Many other reviews also seem to highlight failings in this service.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 04 April 2018

Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust replied on 24 April 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback, I am sorry that your experience has been poor. We would be grateful if you could contact the PALS team so we can follow this up for you. They can be contacted on 0800 073 1778 or 01225 362 900 or by email at awp.pals@nhs.net