West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

01923 244366 Trust Offices, Watford General Hospital, Vicarage Road , Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0HB

Anonymous gave West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful person taking my bloods

I would like to thank the wonderful person that took my blood on Wednesday 24th August at about 3.45 pm at Watford hospital. Unfortunately I did not take their name.
I had been putting off the blood test for a while as was nervous about getting the results and saw it as a job to be done and not something I would enjoy. After waiting a short time in the waiting area, about 15 minutes, I was called in and whilst my blood was being taken had a lovely chat with the phlebotomist who completely took my mind off things as we talked about hair colours. Despite it being the end of the clinic we carried on chatting even after my blood had been taken. So for a blood test I had a really comforting and enjoyable experience!

Can this please be fed back to them and their manager?

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 31 August 2017

Thank you for your lovely words. We will definitely pass on your kind feedback to the team.

John Miller gave West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Unit - Positive Patient Experiance

I was referred by my GP to the Department of General Surgery for investigation and seen on 23 June 17. On arrival at Watford General Hospital the receptionist gave me clear directions to the correct clinic . I was seen by the Locum Consultant Colorectal and general Surgeon who greeted me warmly and took a full medical history concerning my symptoms occupation and recent stress events . I was given an informative patient information leaflet by the Endoscopy unit .
~
On arriving home I received a booking phone call from the Endoscopy team offering me an appointment the following Monday (due to a cancelation?)I was unable to accept this due to commitments a further appointment was offered for 18/07/17 which I was able to accept . Preparation medication arrived in the post shortly after including clear instructions for its use an information leaflet and clear instructions on where to ring for additional advise .
~
On the day of the procedure I was efficiently booked in the procedure explained and the patient consent form completed including known hazards of the procedure and how these medical hazards were managed . While waiting on the ward I was asked a number of times by nurses after my welfare and advised the clinical team was aware I was there to be seen . Reading material and water were provided .
~
Once in the clinical area for the Colonoscopy i was greeted by the Locum Consultant Colorectal and general Surgeon my details were checked and additionally checked by the nursing staff . The information leaflets briefed me on what to expect so I was prepared . The surgeon described what they would be doing before starting and explained the use of gas and air and advised when I might take more or less which was helpful .
~
During the procedure the surgeon spoke to me about their findings and the nursing staff checked on my welfare .
~
Post procedure I was offered walking out of the clinical area or moving back to the ward by trolley . Given my short sight the joint decision to leave by trolley was the correct one .
~
Back on the ward I was monitored (in a friendly way)by nursing staff for BP and state of alertness and the outcomes of the procedure explained to me and possible side effects of the procedure / medication and what to do if these happened to me . Information leaflets . A cup of tea and biscuits were provided with a my preference for how I liked my tea .
~
All in all a positive experience of an efficiently run unit . The physical surroundings were also clean neat and tidy ,Lighting not to bright , I have light sensitive eyes. good .professional approach by all staff .

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 18 July 2017

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 22 August 2017

Many thanks for your kind comment. We are pleased you had a very positive patient experience. We have passed on your comment to the team and they were delighted to have received such kind feedback.

Margaret reviewed West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Sunday staff were wonderful

My husband was taken to hospital on Sunday the 7th of May at midday He had fallen in the garden and was badly injured. He is on dialysis so needed help. All the staff doctors, nurses, could not have been more attentive. The care he got was amazing the whole time he was there. They even transferred him to the Royal Free when he was stablized, so he could get the best treatment he needed, as the Royal Free is where he is looked after. We would like to thank the Doctors and Nurses that attended to him, and even the person that brought us a cup of tea. And a special thank you from his wife that was very concerned. We think they all do an amazing job!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 30 May 2017

Many thanks for your kind feedback. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff are succeeding in delivering great care to our patients

Anonymous gave at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care throughout my stay

I recently had a full knee replacement operation. From the time I arrived until the moment I left for home I was made to feel cared for. Nothing was too much trouble for the nurses & health care assistants who also seemed to have a great rapport with each other.
Good choice of food on the menu; just wish I'd felt well enough to be eating free food that I hadn’t had to cook myself! !

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 17 April 2017

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 19 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our service. We are pleased to hear that you're happy with the care you received from our staff. We wish you a very speedy recovery.

Anonymous gave at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I visted for a check up and every staff member treated me with dignity & respect at every stage. The speed of diagnosis & biopsy was excellent. All nurses were very friendly and caring - just what is needed in this type of department.
Thankfully for me it was nothing too serious.
This is a great team! Thank you.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 29 March 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of our service. It is always nice to hear that we are succeeding in providing considerate care. Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

Lise W gave at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Rapid Assessment Review

I was very nervous but the amazing staff kept my nerves under control. Each person I interacted with was kind an comforting. They kept me informed on what was going to happen at each step. The ward was amazingly clean, too. Always nice to see!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 28 February 2017

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with the care you received from our staff.

Harsha gave West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great care at A&E Watford

Attended A&E Saturday evening and was seen very quickly - home within an hour. The doctor I saw was caring, careful and attentive. the doctor listened; I did not feel rushed and they took the time to talk to me generally and make me smile. Cannot recall the last time I had to attend A&E and after the horror stories on the news, I was very pleased with the care I received and would like to say a big Thank You.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 02 February 2017

Many thanks for your kind feedback. We are pleased to hear you were happy with the care you received. We will pass on your feedback to the relevant team.

Watford A and E positive experience

I had a really positive experience at Watford A and E on Monday 14th November. I just wanted to say thank you to the doctor I saw for making the experience as positive as it could have been. The doctor was friendly, approachable, informative, thorough and sensitive. Thanks again.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 15 November 2016

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 16 November 2016

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of our service with us. We will pass on your feedback to the team.

A Regular user of the Paediatrics Services at Watford GH

As a regular user of the paediatrics services at Watford General Hospital, I would thoroughly recommend the service.

My daughter needs to have emergency access to the unit whenever she needs it and this is exactly what happens every time she has needed it.

All the staff in the unit (Emergency and Startfish Ward) are absolutely dedicated to making children's experience in the catchment area as positive as they possibly can and often under great pressure from all front.

Well Done! Keep it safe.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 17 February 2017

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. It is always nice to hear that we are succeeding in ensuring children are well cared for. We will pass on your kind feedback to the Matron.

Jean Munnelly reviewed West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust

A&E Arrival

Everyone is A&E was kind and considerate Unfortunately the waiting area is a dismal cold and a very dafty corridor which is inappropriate for sick and frightened people. Not enough advice of waiting time and procedures. A little cattle like. Not advised who to ring when leaving a patient. Have now been holding for info for 15 mins having been told to hang on when trying tp find out what has happened to my husband. I make these comments to be helpful only - it is feedback only - not a complaint

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 17 October 2016

West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 16 November 2016

Many thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We will pass this along to the team