Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust

01743 261000 Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Mytton Oak Road , Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8XQ

Jan wood gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery at shrewsbury

I recently attended the hospital for a gallbladder removal op by keyhole surgery at the day surgery department. I had been waiting six months for my appointment and eventually received a cancellation to attend within three days for my procedure which was a bit of a shock. However on the day I received excellent service and care from the team. The nurses and doctors were brilliant even though I could see they were under a lot of pressure. They did a great job and I was allowed to leave later that day feeling I had been well taken care of. I am now on the road to recovery and looking back over that day I can only praise the staff for making my stay a really positive experience. I just wanted to write and thank them for being amazing and think they should receive the praise they deserve.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 20 June 2018

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 25 June 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of the Day Surgery Unit with us. I have shared your feedback with the Day Surgery Ward Manager so she is aware of the impact her team had and so she can share it with them. Receiving feedback is very important to us and means a lot to the staff, so thank you for getting in touch with your kind comments.

I am glad to hear you are now on the road to recovery.

HBHW gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Appalling Service at Telford Urgent Care Centre

I recently had to take my daughter to the Urgent Care Centre in Telford where we experienced a very poor service. Following initial registration at the A&E desk we were called to the registration 2 desk and advised that my daughter would be treated by the Urgent Care Centre and to take a seat in the children's waiting area.

After a 5 hour wait to be seen when I inquired at desk again there seem to be a confused scramble by the staff, we later overheard that we were missed off the system.
Yet to try and cover their mistake we were told that someone came for us but we "must of popped outside at the time" which was untrue.

To make matters worse we had to pay £8 parking fee for being there for over 5 hours.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 May 2018

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 31 May 2018

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of attending the Urgent Care Centre but I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered. I will share this feedback with the A&E Manager so they can address this with their team. If you would like us to look into your concerns please contact the PALS service on 01952 641222 ext 4382 so we can investigate this further.

Regards

Maisie’s mum gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Disappointed

I took my 90 year old mother to A&E after a fall, and a referral from her GP. We knew we would have to wait and it was some time before we saw the nurse, at the reception desk. There was no indication how long we would be, or where we were in a queue. Three hours later, my mother sitting in a not very comfortable wheelchair and in draughts because there was no easy place to put the chair which didn’t block access, we were called through to a cubicle which appeared to be more of an office with no bed or chair. The doctor asked why she was there, as she couldn’t hear him and he didn’t repeat the question I told him that she had fallen heavily on her arm and her GP was concerned there might be a small fracture.. He asked if she could raise her arm, could put it across her chest and then felt her upper arm through her coat. We were then sent to X-ray. On our return from X-ray we waited in the draught some more and eventually the doctor called us to the corridor beside reception and told us there didn’t appear to be a break...I asked if a sling would help. 'Do you want a sling' he asked. Yes, if it will help I replied. Another wait then we were taken back to the cubicle area but this time we were in the corridor while two nurses sorted a sling for my mother, talking about their handover and patient details, totally ignoring her. After giving me a leaflet they both walked away without saying anything to either of us. Assuming we were dismissed we left.
I can tolerate the waiting and can quite understand the reasons, what I can’t accept is the total lack of care and compassion from the medical staff for a frail, cold, 90 year old. The check in receptionist was the most helpful and sympathetic person in the department.
On a positive note,the receptionist at the main desk.went out of her way to help. On arrival I had problems finding disabled parking and she rang the parking attendant to see if I could stay where I had parked under the circumstances. Then a space right by the door became vacant so I moved my car to it and by then the receptionist had come out with a chair, put it next to the door so my mother had the minimum distance to move, and proceeded to push her towards the entrance until an air ambulance man gave us a hand. I didn’t get either name but they were the two rays of light in an otherwise bleak afternoon.
Both my parents have had very good treatment at RSH on the wards, it’s such a disappointment it doesn’t seem to be the case in A&E.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 27 February 2018

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 05 April 2018

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at the A&E Department at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, although I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered with lack of care and compassion for your mother. I will share this feedback with the A&E Manager and Matron who I know will be very sorry to hear of the problems you encountered. Please accept our apologies for the upset this caused. Thank you though for your positive feedback about the other staff, this is appreciated. If you would like us to look into your concerns in more detail, please contact our PALS team on 01743 261691 or email PALS@sath.nhs.uk so that we can help address these concerns.

Anonymous gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Breastfeeding screening

I had my routine mammogram on Friday afternoon. The radiographer was very kind and professional. I was seen on time and everything was explained to me and I didn't feel rushed. Many thanks and Happy New Year to you all.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 31 December 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 17 January 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I have shared your feedback with the Radiology Department Manager and the so she is aware of the impact the team had.

Receiving feedback is very important to us and means a lot to the staff, so thank you for sharing this with us.

Sue Gwilliam reviewed Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust

A&E admission

I was admitted to Shrewsbury hospital followed by Gynaecology unit at Telford

I cannot thank the staff enough
They all had the warmth and welcoming of staff you meet at a five star hotel!
Keep up the brilliant work that you do xx

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 17 November 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 20 November 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I have shared your feedback with the Gynaecology Ward Manager so they are aware of the impact they have had.

I do hope you are feeling better.

Marion Moore gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Cardiolgy Team

The dr I saw and their team are amazing. Attended out patients and as day patient . The dr is amazing takes their time to explain procedure and findings. Staff on day surgery ward & XRay wow they are friendly, efficient and informative. Well done NHS times are difficult but this Cardiolgy team put their patients first and gave a first class service. I attended feeling very anxious but the dr and rest of team soon put me at ease.All introduced their selves so you knew who was treating and taking care of you. They explained procedure and kept you informed what was happening through out the procedure.
The dr and their team are a credit to the Hospital and the NHS . Working under the conditions they do, but still put their patients first and treat you with dignity and respect.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 13 October 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It is excellent to hear you had such a positive experience. I have shared your feedback with the Manager for Cardiology, the Day Surgery Unit and also X-ray so they are aware and can share this with the staff who cared for you.

I do hope you are recovering well following your recent admission.

Patient Experience Team

Martin Manley gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Admission via A&E

Nothing but praise for the care I received from the Ambulance crew, A&E, HDU, and Ward 32 SS Medical. I was treated with care respect and dignity by everyone and they were all instrumental in saving my life. People criticise the NHS but in emergencies the care and compassion is unbelievable.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 26 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience of our hospital.

I will ensure your feedback is shared with the teams in A&E, HDU and Ward 32 SS Medical - I know they will very much appreciate your comments.

Thank you again for leaving your comments on NHS Choices

Kind Regards,

Evans gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

AMU At RSH

Today I had to visit the AMU at RSH and I cannot fault the care that I recieved. All of the staff were friendly and efficient & in particular I feel that the healthcare assistant who contributes extensively to the team needs a mention. The healthcare assistant works extremely well within the team and ensures the patients and families are seen in a timely manner, carries out tests and has a high standard of nursing care. The whole team was fantastic today. Thank you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 28 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.

We really appreciate the feedback we receive particularly for areas of the Trust that are immensely busy. It is particularly pleasing to hear that you pleased with the care provided by our Health Care Assistants, we do recognise them as key members in all our teams. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the AMU team, I am sure they will be delighted to receive them.

Anonymous gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care in Maternity

The midwives who looked after me in the Antenatal and Labour Wards were brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble and the kindness I was shown was much-appreciated. After a traumatic first birth six years ago, I explained to the staff that I felt I needed a lot of emotional support birthing my baby.

The whole time I was there (26 hours from induction to birth), the staff supported me emotionally and physically. Everything was explained to me every step of the way and I was empowered to make choices that suited me and my birth experience.

I can't that the staff enough for giving me an extremely positive experience that I will treasure forever. #lovemyNHS ??

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 28 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust.

We really appreciate the feedback we receive as a Trust, and positive comments enable us to thank the individuals and teams for their hard work. All patient comments are welcome and where our care has not met your expectations we do review your experience (if possible from the information you have provided) and where we can, we will act and amend what we do for the benefit of our future patients. Our PALS team can be contacted by phone on 01743 261691 or by email at pals@sath.nhs.uk

Ken Sutton gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

My stay in hospital - great service/staff in all departments

I am writing to express my sincere appreciation and thanks for the way I was treated by all the personnel involved in my recent stay at Shrewsbury Hospital.
From the moment the paramedic, ambulance men reached me at home to arriving at hospital and my stay in hospital, I was treated in the greatest way and the care and consideration that was given to me was immense.
I can only say that all the Staff involved in my case at Shrewsbury Hospital were excellent and the service afforded was outstanding and I was extremely pleased with the manner in which I was treated throughout.
I cannot thank everyone enough for the treatment and caring attitude in what was, for me and my family, a very traumatic time. I would like to take this opportunity of thanking everyone involved.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017