Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust

01743 261000 Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Mytton Oak Road , Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8XQ

JAD gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

.HIGHLY IMPRESSIVE. Many Thanks Staff & Doctors

After a visit to the A & E Department at the Princess Royal Hospital in Telford on 16/01/19 which managed to sandwich the 60 minutes it took to triage,take bloods, fail to diagnose anything and refer him back to his GP into the SEVEN & A QUARTER HOURS our handicapped son sat being ignored. ABYSMAL !!!!
His GP made an Outpatients appointment in the Cardio-Vascular department of the Royal Shrewsbury and we took him there on 17/02/19
The Facilities were spotless, the Staff were Friendly and Highly Efficient. The Doctor was thorough and Knowledgeable and even though a scan was needed , EVERYTHING was 'Done & Dusted' in 2 Hours !!! CONGRATULATIONS on providing the service EVERY HOSPITAL SHOULD.
The only downside to our visit was the utter chaos caused by having to drive around for 15 minutes looking for a car parking space (on arrival) and long queues to pay caused by broken/faulty pay machines ( on exit )

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 17 February 2019

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Janice Burnett gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

The worst Mammogram experience

I have had a few mammogram now but I have to say this is the first time I’ve cried To the point I was going to walk out.and even now I am still in pain The person who did it obviously was engrossed in Neighbours when I arrived then I was asked to change I eventually was called in and the staff member seemed to struggle getting me into the correct position It wasn’t the machine that hurt it was her I was going to walk out and I when I did the previous patient was outside.I mentioned it to her and she said the same happened to her and by the same person.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 19 January 2019

Anonymous gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Staff

Took our son into Shrewsbury hospital last weekend after a nasty fall. The staff were truly wonderful with him (and also with us!). Incredibly caring and attentive. Thank you all so much!

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 12 December 2018

Anonymous gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

experience of Accident and Emergency services

My sister required emergency admission to hospital on December 29th. We had an excellent service from the Accident and Emergency Unit. My sister was offered compassionate care from the medical and nursing team through out her stay in the unit. Communication by staff with my sister and myself was very good. As tests were undertaken we received rapid feedback and briefing on results as staff tried to diagnose the medical problem.The level of care and in depth assessment undertaken was such that we felt confident that my sister was receiving the best of care and treatment available from the NHS.
I have had previous experience of this service over 2 years ago when my sister had a stroke and required an emergency admission. We felt the service at that time delivered very poor care .The service has been totally transformed since then and our recent experience is that the service offered it first class.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 09 January 2019

mikehf46 reviewed Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust

Two courses of antibiotics

It all started when I went into hospital for a Hydrocele operation, it was cancelled, because my body temp was too high. They kept me in and discovered I had gallstones and faulty gallbladder. Eventually left hospital then I had two abscesses on my anus. Had operation to remove but they turned into fistules, still have at present. Heard noises in the attic and found we had rats, called pest offices. Took a month to get rid of them, seems ok now. Because I have to wear a sanitary towel due to the leakage of pus from the fistules, when changing I noticed there were creatures on the towel. Further examination showed them swimming in the toilet bowl. Treated by the doctor, two courses of antibiotics. This is when it all came to a head and I started dripping in excess, rushed to the hospital treated but have to go back for further tests. Hydrocele still hasn't been done, gallstones and bladder removed, further operation on fistules required. No date given as yet.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018 using Care Opinion

chris head gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

brilliant caring service

I have been to Shrewsbury hospital twice now ! and on both occasions I have found the service there faultless and very caring.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 01 December 2018

Tony Hunt gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care

My first time in a hospital for major operation,very nervous and apprehensive.

The nursing staff on ward 26 were amazing. Nothing was too much trouble,treated with respect and politeness always. Always addressed by my christian name. All the other staff who you meet were also polite,friendly and helpful.

Some good meals and some not so good. I would have liked to see more fruit choices. Scrambled eggs at breakfast would have been welcome,if it possible to make well on a big scale.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Poppy gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

A&e slip up good job I looked at paperwork

On Friday 10 th my husband was took to a&e after feeling unwell ,took to minors first had all BP heart checks ,then told going to do bloods after a while a nurse came in with blood form placed on table and went away ,20 mine later she returned with tray of blood things to take bloods placed on top of blood form and went to walk away ,in-between all this I'd sat and read the blood form witch I thought was for my husband ,and noticed a difrent name the form wasn't my husband's was for another patient and had urgent on it when the nurse returned said is this form for my husband's blood ,yes she said I then pointed out it wasn't and she looked at me strange looked at the form then asked what my husband's name was ,I was quite taken back by this thank god I'd read the form ,I just hope someone else had not had my husband's form with there bloods ,so now I double check everything , was transferred to majors and kept in overnight ,lovley staff in majors and stroke ward

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 13 August 2018

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 24 September 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the A&E Department at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, although I was sorry to hear of the error with handling and processing records. Your feedback is important and helpful and so I have shared this with the A&E Manager so she can address this with her team. Once again please accept our apologies for the upset caused and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I do hope your husband is now feeling much better.

Patient Experience Team.

Anonymous gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

My wife's trip to a&e Shrewsbury &stay in hospital

My wife had been internal bleeding all day we had seen a g.p. twice that day the second time after she had pass out & fitted. The doctor call an ambulance and arranged a bed, he said the ambulance would take no more than two hours this was at 6:10pm, we went home to pack a bag and wait for the ambulance.
At 8:00pm the ambulance service called and said that they had no ambulance at all, I asked any after midnight they didn't know. I then took my wife my self she had lost some where between one &two pints of blood and didn't want her to die.
When we got to a&e I asked for direction to the c.c.u. ward and was told it was full and there was no doctors, told to sit wait even after explaining the problem. We waited 10minutes and she had a blood test, waited 10 more minutes and was put on a trolley in a corridor after half an hour I explained to the nurse the problem again and said she needs access to a toilet. Eventual the got the message got through and put her in cubicle still no treatment till 11:30,
When a nurse started an I.v drip, sore a doctor at12:15am. Got put on ward at 3:00am

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 09 September 2018

Patricia gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Emergency admission

Referred to AMU following blood test results from my GP. Arrived at AMU where I was assessed, given chest x Ray, further blood tests. Diagnosed with low sodium levels and admitted to ward 32 short stay Ward. Staff there were wonderful , reassuring, always cheerful and friendly. You were treated like an individual not a number passing through. Cannot praise highly enough.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 24 August 2018