Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust

01743 261 000 Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Mytton Oak Road , Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 8XQ

Marion Moore gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Cardiolgy Team

The dr I saw and their team are amazing. Attended out patients and as day patient . The dr is amazing takes their time to explain procedure and findings. Staff on day surgery ward & XRay wow they are friendly, efficient and informative. Well done NHS times are difficult but this Cardiolgy team put their patients first and gave a first class service. I attended feeling very anxious but the dr and rest of team soon put me at ease.All introduced their selves so you knew who was treating and taking care of you. They explained procedure and kept you informed what was happening through out the procedure.
The dr and their team are a credit to the Hospital and the NHS . Working under the conditions they do, but still put their patients first and treat you with dignity and respect.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 13 October 2017

Good afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It is excellent to hear you had such a positive experience. I have shared your feedback with the Manager for Cardiology, the Day Surgery Unit and also X-ray so they are aware and can share this with the staff who cared for you.

I do hope you are recovering well following your recent admission.

Patient Experience Team

Martin Manley gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Admission via A&E

Nothing but praise for the care I received from the Ambulance crew, A&E, HDU, and Ward 32 SS Medical. I was treated with care respect and dignity by everyone and they were all instrumental in saving my life. People criticise the NHS but in emergencies the care and compassion is unbelievable.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 26 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience of our hospital.

I will ensure your feedback is shared with the teams in A&E, HDU and Ward 32 SS Medical - I know they will very much appreciate your comments.

Thank you again for leaving your comments on NHS Choices

Evans gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

AMU At RSH

Today I had to visit the AMU at RSH and I cannot fault the care that I recieved. All of the staff were friendly and efficient & in particular I feel that the healthcare assistant who contributes extensively to the team needs a mention. The healthcare assistant works extremely well within the team and ensures the patients and families are seen in a timely manner, carries out tests and has a high standard of nursing care. The whole team was fantastic today. Thank you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 28 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us here at the Royal Shrewsbury Hospital.

We really appreciate the feedback we receive particularly for areas of the Trust that are immensely busy. It is particularly pleasing to hear that you pleased with the care provided by our Health Care Assistants, we do recognise them as key members in all our teams. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the AMU team, I am sure they will be delighted to receive them.

Anonymous gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care in Maternity

The midwives who looked after me in the Antenatal and Labour Wards were brilliant. Nothing was too much trouble and the kindness I was shown was much-appreciated. After a traumatic first birth six years ago, I explained to the staff that I felt I needed a lot of emotional support birthing my baby.

The whole time I was there (26 hours from induction to birth), the staff supported me emotionally and physically. Everything was explained to me every step of the way and I was empowered to make choices that suited me and my birth experience.

I can't that the staff enough for giving me an extremely positive experience that I will treasure forever. #lovemyNHS ??

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 28 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at the Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital Trust.

We really appreciate the feedback we receive as a Trust, and positive comments enable us to thank the individuals and teams for their hard work. All patient comments are welcome and where our care has not met your expectations we do review your experience (if possible from the information you have provided) and where we can, we will act and amend what we do for the benefit of our future patients. Our PALS team can be contacted by phone on 01743 261691 or by email at pals@sath.nhs.uk

Ken Sutton gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

My stay in hospital - great service/staff in all departments

I am writing to express my sincere appreciation and thanks for the way I was treated by all the personnel involved in my recent stay at Shrewsbury Hospital.
From the moment the paramedic, ambulance men reached me at home to arriving at hospital and my stay in hospital, I was treated in the greatest way and the care and consideration that was given to me was immense.
I can only say that all the Staff involved in my case at Shrewsbury Hospital were excellent and the service afforded was outstanding and I was extremely pleased with the manner in which I was treated throughout.
I cannot thank everyone enough for the treatment and caring attitude in what was, for me and my family, a very traumatic time. I would like to take this opportunity of thanking everyone involved.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

G.B. gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent joined up breast cancer care at SATH

From the patient's point of view, the SATH approach to breast cancer is the perfect balance between sympathetic and professional.
I was referred for further investigation after a routine mammogram threw up a potentially serious issue. I became part of a well oiled system that is providing me with sympathetic and practical support, testing, consultations, surgery and further treatment - all arranged swiftly, despite the intervention of Christmas and the New Year, and involving full communication with me, the patient.
I am so grateful to be living in Shropshire where I have the full benefit of my consultant and team and all the other departments who have looked after me and are continuing to do so and that we in the UK are able to enjoy the enormous benefits of the NHS.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 05 January 2017

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 19 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our Breast Care Services at the Shrewsbury and Telford NHS Trust. I am sorry to have read about your condition but I am pleased to note that the service and care that you have received from my colleagues in the team are as you would expect.
I have shared your comments with our Clinical Lead, Matrons, Operational Manager, Cancer Performance Manager, Nurse Specialists and indeed the Chief Executive's Office and have asked them to pass these on to all the team.
Thank you again for taking time to share your comments with me and I hope that the treatment you have received and any further intervention is successful.
With all Best Wishes,

Anonymous gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Unvailability of Treatment

Due to a lack of availability of consultant appointments at either of the main SATH hospitals - no appointments at all on offer - I have been given no option but to travel significantly out of area for treatment that is likely to involve surgery. Thanks SATH

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 11 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry that we have not been able to provide you with an appointment at our hospital sites within an appropriate timescale, this is not something that we take lightly and steps are being taken to ease capacity pressures across all of our medical and surgical specialities where we are seeing delays to patient appointments.
Although you have had to travel, I do hope that you have accessed the services you need and are able to plan any treatment you may require.
If you would like to discuss this further, however, please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at either the Princess Royal or the Royal Shrewsbury Hospitals, who will be happy to assist you.
In the meantime, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all the very best with any planned treatment.

Daphne gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Sudden admission to RSH

I was taken ill on Wednesday night with appendicitis. Although the initial admission was a bit traumatic. I had to wait in A&E as there were no beds in SAU, the rest of my stay was good. I have to say a huge shout out for all the hospital staff, particularly on SAU, ward 26 and theatres who are so lovely and helpful doing some pretty arduous and frankly gross jobs but always with a smile. The NHS has its flaws but not the 'shop floor' staff. I would like to say a big thank you to all those staff who looked after me.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 09 August 2016

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 23 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent admission to the Royal Shrewsbury. I am sorry to note that you had to wait for admission to the SAU due to bed availability but I am delighted to have read that the care from our teams was as you would have expected.
I hope by now that you are recovered from your inpatient stay.

Robert Cleal gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Too many visits, but nowhere better

Within the space of three months this year, both my wife and myself have been delivered to A&E at Princess Royal Hospital in a distressed state. My wife had the misfortune to take a fall and break both shoulders, I had a heart attack. My wife has also been called in for a minor eye operation.

Our passages through A&E was made quickly and with a really caring attitude towards us, the patients. Once on the wards nursing staff could not have been kinder or more caring. The same goes for domestic staff. Everyone we met was always ready with a smile and a helping hand.

We should also say a few words of thanks for the way in which alternate solutions to resolve my wife’s injuries were so clearly explained, and to the anaesthetist for explaining their part in the process. For my part I must say a thank you for the feedback and rapid action shipping me off to Stoke for attention in their cardiac department. Also to the technician who fielded all my questions about the echo scan. At all stages we felt well supported by staff of enormous competence.

We believe that there is far too much criticism of the NHS and far too little appreciation of the astonishing work by all involved at the Princess Royal Hospital in making patients better. Please pass on our thanks to all staff in the orthopaedic and cardiac wards and in the ophthalmic clinic.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 11 July 2017

Meg Bartaby gave Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

A&E visit

I visited a&e due to odd chest pains after my doctor told me it would be quicker to go to a&e to get tests done as there was concerns there was a link to the contraceptive pill. After i arrived i was seen almost instantly by a lovely nurse who did an ECG to give to the doctors, and then was seen by the triage nurse who said i would be waiting 2-3 hours to be seen by a doctor but instead i only waited one hour!
The doctor I had was extremely kind and efficient and explained the tests that could be done and explained everything very well, and took into account everything that could be causing chest pains which included the fact i have anxiety. I was most surprised by this as i didn't think my anxiety would be taken into account and i expected them to brush it over as its only a mental illness - but they definitely did not do this!
I am extremely happy that the staff now take mental health very seriously and don't just ignore it.
I then had a blood test to rule out blood clots and was told i may be waiting an hour or hour and a half for the results. I again waited less than the estimated time and after 45 minutes of waiting i was told the results were fine and that i could go home.
In total i was in a&e for about 4 hours which i am extremely impressed with, i would definitely recommend anyone with a similar problem to go to a&e as they are very quick with dealing with this kind of issue even when they are very busy.
Im unsure of the name of the doctor I had but they were extremely helpful and caring and deserves some kind of award!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 12 May 2016

Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust replied on 12 May 2016

Good afternoon,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of the RSH Emergency Department with us. I am very pleased to read that your experience was a positive one.

I am also pleased to have noted your comments regarding mental health support - this is something that is very important to us within the trust; to recognise and support those with mental health concerns.

I hope that you have now recovered and the pain you were experiencing has resolved.

I wish you all the very best.