Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

01473 712233 Heath Road , Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 5PD

john booth reviewed Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Going for a CT scan

Dear Chief Executive
I feel compelled to write to you to express my appreciation when l visited the Hospital CT Scanning Department. This Diagnostics Imaging Department has a very young nursing staff whom l found to be extremely pleasent, caring and friendly. They were also keen to explain the procedure taking place. This put my mind at ease and took away any anxiety l had.
I also found the cleanliness of the department was exceptional
I cannot praise these excellent young recruits enough providing excellent service in a very high tech department. Well done

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your CT scan and the treatment you received. I will pass on your kind words to all mentioned and they will be thrilled to see how they made a difference to the experience and care you received. Many thanks

Rachel Harrison gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Care

I am writing to express my sincere thanks for the wonderful care my husband received at Ipswich Hospital in August after an unexpected episode of ill health. Our experiences of being in A & E and on Claydon Ward were very positive. We found the staff to be wholly professional, caring, reassuring and approachable.
This is the NHS at its best! Please do pass our thanks on especially to the team on Claydon Ward including all the support staff too. We are extremely grateful for your fantastic care and support.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 27 September 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for our comments regarding your Husbands recent treatment in both A&E and Claydon ward, I will make sure that both the Claydon and ED Team get see your kind words. Many thanks

Anonymous gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

My mum was admitted whilst on holiday in the area following a heart attack & the care she received was brilliant! Lovely staff,. Doctors were great. Many, many thanks!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 16 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, I will pass your comments on to the departments concerned who are keen to see how the care they give makes a difference. I hope you Mum is making a good recovery. Many thanks.

Nottus reviewed Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Phones in Waiting Areas

I wish that the hospital staff would enforce a policy banning the use of phones in waiting areas.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Steve Bruce, Patient Experience Manager, The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 12 July 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding the use of phones in waiting areas, we do not encourage the use of phones within the Hospital however, trying to police a site wide ban would be very difficult to enforce and take valuable time away from treating patients. If you feel the use of phones is intrusive then please speak to a member of staff who will address the issue for you.

Lynne gire reviewed at Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Fab clinic

I was sent to the fab clinic last month and cannot believe how I was treated, the Drs nurses people behind the desk were brilliant , I had a full mot my husband was offered sandwiches, what a place a big well done and thankyou to all , and best of all they found cancer that was hiding in my kidney. Operation soon hopefully,

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 16 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words regarding your treatment in FAB, I have passed your comments on to the team in FAB who are thrilled to see how they have made a difference to both you and your husbands experience. Many thanks

Penelope Stevens gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

An outstanding service

After two visits to Ipswich Hospital A and E department this week, one involving the ambulance service, I must comment that the service I received from all staff was exemplary. Yes, I had two significant waiting times but when you feel so ill you only want to be cared for and the ambulance team, the nurses and doctors were so caring. The staff work so diligently for their patients.

Thank you NHS. Long may you stay.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 May 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 03 May 2017

Many thanks for your comments and you understanding of the wait that you had. We do try to keep waiting times as short as possible. I will pass your kind words onto the team in ED who will be thrilled to read them. Many thanks

Anonymous gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Care of the elderly in short stay wards

My mother (87) was recently admitted via A&E and then spent time on both Grantham and Capel wards. I am 200 miles away but when I phoned the staff were extremely helpful and thoughtful. I really felt that they cared and treated my mum as a person. It was heartening to know that they knew her well and little comments about she's a lovely lady etc made me feel at ease that she was with carding people. You read so much about the carding element not being in the NHS any more but I felt the nurses and the consultant seemed to care.
So thank you all very much. Could you please ensure the staff on the wards are told about this compliment
Frances

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 21 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, I will pass your message onto both ward teams who will be over the moon to see how the care they have given has made such an impact for both your Mother and the wider family, helping to make the whole experience as stress free as possible for all concerned. Many thanks.

Elizabeth Warner gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care during routine operation

I attended Ipswich Hospital this week (21st February) for a routine operation. I was booked in as a day patient. I have to say that my experience was a really positive one. All staff were friendly and informative. They explained carefully each step of the day. The anaesthetist and team put me at ease and the nursing staff in recovery and on Raedwald Ward were just great.
A special mention must go to the Vascular team, particularly the consultant. Thank you so much everyone. We are really, really lucky to have such an excellent hospital in Ipswich.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 25 February 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 07 March 2017

Many thanks for leaving your comments regarding your comments and care that you experienced on Raedwald Ward. I will pass your kind words onto the team who will be pleased to see how the care they have given has had such a positive impact on your experience and care that you received. Many thanks

Morling reviewed Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

A and e and ambulance service

Very pleased with the treatment and help today. Staff were fantastic. Thank you!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017 using Care Opinion

Steve Bruce, Patient Experience Manager, The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 24 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave to your comments, I will will pass these on the the Team in A&E. Many thanks

Beryl Richardson reviewed Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Misdiagnosis

I've seen Dermatologists at the hospital and not one has come up with the correct diagnosis I've even been classed as delusional.I now have a diagnosis by microbiology and I would like to thank the consultants in Opthalmology as these 2 doctors have been most kind and considerate and helpful in getting the correct diagnosis.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 18 February 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 24 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It is good to hear that you have now been diagnosed and I will pass on your kind words to the Ophthalmology team. Many thanks