Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

01473 712233 Heath Road , Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 5PD

RZM reviewed Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Automated appointments system

Your automated appointments system keeps phoning up until the phone is answered. It also phones in the evening when I get a lot of nuisance phone calls. This is actually very annoying, especially as the calling number is withheld. This means I can't use the phone to screen out nuisance phone calls simply by not answering them. Please stop your automated system from making repeated phone calls.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 06 December 2017 using Care Opinion

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 13 December 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding the issues you have encountered with the automated appointments system, and I am sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. I have passed your concerns onto the team who have taken them on board. At present they are looking at ways to ensure that the number is shown, therefore reducing the number of patients who don't take the call as they do not want nuisance calls. The system at present will call a patient 5 times if their is no answer. The team are reviewing if this is an acceptable number of times to call and your comments will used as part of the decision making process. Many thanks

Wickham meerkat reviewed Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

my experience as an inpatient

Very speedy, extensive, efficient, friendly, appropriate and successful treatment after midnight emergency admission -a week before Christmas. Thank you. And well done. But I thought the food was truly awful!

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 25 December 2017 using Care Opinion

Steve Bruce, Patient Experience Manager, The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 02 January 2018

Many thanks for your comments, I will make sure that they are passed on to the departments concerned. I hope you are continuing to make a speedy recovery.

KayM gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Spinal surgery

My 82 year old mother had excellent care from the surgical team from her initial assessments to the operation and post op medical care. She was cared for excellently on ITU post op by caring staff.
However once she was transferred to martlesham Ward she was left in pain and given poor treatment by some unsympathetic nursing staff, who did not treat her well at all and caused her to become upset, she wanted to complain at the time but waited til she was discharged to let me know about it. This marred her experience and ought not to have done. I do not think the nursing staff in question would have liked their loved ones to be treated the way my mother was and it just isn’t good enough.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 15 December 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 19 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, I have spoken to the ward staff who would like to look into this further. For them to gain some more information can you please give me a call on 01473 702101 so I can pass your contact details onto the correct person. Many thanks Steve Bruce - Patient Experience Team.

nina gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Treatment after T.I.A

my husband lost power of speech earlier this month. from the paramedic who came to our home , the A&E dept and the rapid assessment unit he received the best care possible
being reassured at all times. after all tests we discovered he had experienced a minor stroke.
The doctors took time to explain what to look out for and what to do if any symptoms appeared,they answered all questions and made sure we understood what had happened.
At every department we visited for scans etc the staff were cheerful and friendly explaining what each test consisted of.
Although my husband has many more visits to the cardiac clinic as they keep track of his condition we are certain that we will get the best possible treatment from the doctor and their team and because of the friendliness of all staff we will not dread coming to the Ipswich Hospital

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 27 November 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 29 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words regarding your husbands treatment and care after a T.I.A. I will make sure that all departments concerned see your comments and I know they will be pleased to see how their actions had such a positive impact for both of you. Many thanks

Anonymous gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Raedwald Day Surgery Unit

My husband recieved a root nerve injection today on Raedwald day surgery unit. From start to finish the service was seamless.
The receptionist, HCA, nurses, anaesthetist & consultant all made us feel welcome, comforted and well informed.
The unit is extremely clean and it is clear to see that it is well run.
I have to particularly praise the student nurse who was very competent and friendly, a great pleasure to see such a promising healthcare professional developing.
many thanks again and keep up the good work.
Date 10/11/17 (AM list).

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 10 November 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 13 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words about your husbands care and treatment on Raedwald Ward. I have passed your comment onto the team who will be thrilled to hear how they made such a positive impact for you both. Many thanks

john booth reviewed Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Going for a CT scan

Dear Chief Executive
I feel compelled to write to you to express my appreciation when l visited the Hospital CT Scanning Department. This Diagnostics Imaging Department has a very young nursing staff whom l found to be extremely pleasent, caring and friendly. They were also keen to explain the procedure taking place. This put my mind at ease and took away any anxiety l had.
I also found the cleanliness of the department was exceptional
I cannot praise these excellent young recruits enough providing excellent service in a very high tech department. Well done

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments regarding your CT scan and the treatment you received. I will pass on your kind words to all mentioned and they will be thrilled to see how they made a difference to the experience and care you received. Many thanks

Rachel Harrison gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Care

I am writing to express my sincere thanks for the wonderful care my husband received at Ipswich Hospital in August after an unexpected episode of ill health. Our experiences of being in A & E and on Claydon Ward were very positive. We found the staff to be wholly professional, caring, reassuring and approachable.
This is the NHS at its best! Please do pass our thanks on especially to the team on Claydon Ward including all the support staff too. We are extremely grateful for your fantastic care and support.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 27 September 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for our comments regarding your Husbands recent treatment in both A&E and Claydon ward, I will make sure that both the Claydon and ED Team get see your kind words. Many thanks

Anonymous gave Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

My mum was admitted whilst on holiday in the area following a heart attack & the care she received was brilliant! Lovely staff,. Doctors were great. Many, many thanks!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 16 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, I will pass your comments on to the departments concerned who are keen to see how the care they give makes a difference. I hope you Mum is making a good recovery. Many thanks.

Nottus reviewed Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Phones in Waiting Areas

I wish that the hospital staff would enforce a policy banning the use of phones in waiting areas.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Steve Bruce, Patient Experience Manager, The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 12 July 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding the use of phones in waiting areas, we do not encourage the use of phones within the Hospital however, trying to police a site wide ban would be very difficult to enforce and take valuable time away from treating patients. If you feel the use of phones is intrusive then please speak to a member of staff who will address the issue for you.

Lynne gire reviewed at Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Fab clinic

I was sent to the fab clinic last month and cannot believe how I was treated, the Drs nurses people behind the desk were brilliant , I had a full mot my husband was offered sandwiches, what a place a big well done and thankyou to all , and best of all they found cancer that was hiding in my kidney. Operation soon hopefully,

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 June 2017

Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust replied on 16 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words regarding your treatment in FAB, I have passed your comments on to the team in FAB who are thrilled to see how they have made a difference to both you and your husbands experience. Many thanks