Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

01276 604201 Portsmouth Road, Frimley , Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7UJ

George gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Service in Urology

I had an appointment for a cystoscopy, on October 10th the procedure and equally importantly the results make for an anxious time. But the reception was friendly and the collection of details thoroughly professional. The lead nurse, was cheerful and good humoured and so was the other nurses as well. As to the procedure itself that was conducted by a Doctor who was such good fun along with the urologist.
Thanks Heatherwood, here is one of many patients who appreciate the excellent work that you do.
Regards
George Spinks

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your trip to our Urology department.. I'm pleased to hear the positive comments about both the doctors and nurses. The team will be delighted to read your comments

Alan Buttigieg gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Frimley Staff saved my life

Tuesday evening 10th October, 19.30. Ambulance called to look at serious sweating and severe abdominal pain. Arrived within 20 minutes and suspected heart attack diagnosed by them. Blue lights to Frimley where cardiology were waiting for me, Within 10 minutes heart xrayed, blockage confirmed and stent inserted to remove the blockage, On the cardiac hi dependency ward by 21,55 where I spent a day and a half being monitored and looked after by some super, caring and commited people. Discharged Thursday 12th October with a rehab plan ready to put in place.
The people involved may recognise this story but thank you.
Well done and thank you Frimley for a first class set up that you have - I owe you my life.
Alan Buttigieg
Ascot

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that despite your circumstances your experience was a positive one and you felt reassured with the treatment. We are very lucky to have a great team who try and treat patients as though it were their own family in front of them. The team will be delighted to read your comments, and feedback like yours makes it all worthwhile.

Geoff Fisher gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant hospital

Stayed here for 4 days in Parkside following prostate surgery. Phenomenal level of care from absolutely fabulous nursing staff and surgical team. Nothing too much trouble for any of them. Very competent and dignity respected all along the way. I would award 10 stars if possible. Thank you all so much for helping me along the road to recovery and God bless the NHS.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 15 October 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your stay at Parkside. I'm pleased to hear that you received "phenomenal level of care" The team will be delighted to read your comments.

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

MRI Scan

I went for an MRI scan yesterday and the staff were excellent. I started to panic a bit at the start of the procedure and the 2 staff members taking the MRI were so patient and reassuring. The person that put my cannula in as I had to have a dye injected was brilliant and I hardly felt a thing. When I went to the scanner I started to panic but they talked to me calmly and told me exactly what they were doing which put me at ease and helped me calm down and I was then able to go ahead with the scan. The receptionist and the nurse that removed the cannula afterwards were also very good.

I cannot thank them enough.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that the staff made you feel reassured with the procedure. The team will be delighted to read your comments

Mark lewis gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wexham park hospital Ct Scan

More Disabled bays in the car park no problem straight in !!!
Arrived a little early for an appointment for my CT scan ..X ray reception staff polite and helpful Straight round to the waiting room which was very clean and tidy before I could sit down I was asked to fill in a form and called for my scan I was out 15 minutes before my appointment was due. fantastic service I found all the staff very polite and helpful 10 out of 10 for such fantastic service big improvement

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Fertility consultation - did not take place

We were supposed to have a fertility consultation through the Frimley Health Trust at St. Marks Hospital Maidenhead on 8th Sep. Through the automatic texting system, a free slot came up on 1st Sep, which we took. It was confirmed by Frimley Health Trust both through text message and letter.

When we got to St. Marks hospital on 1st Sep, no one from the Fertility/Gynaecologist team was there. The staff at St. Marks Hospital checked and my appointment was in the system, although it appeared that it was "half-cancelled" by someone from Frimley Health Trust, but the cancellation was not completed and I was therefore not informed. I later found out that 2-3 other patients came for appointments on the same day, which did not take place.

When you have gone through medical steps for over 1.5 years and after finally being referred to a specialist you wait months for the appointment, it is incredibly disappointing when no one turns up, especially as both of us had made special arrangements with work to be there on the day.

Both the receptionists from St. Marks hospital and I tried for the rest of the day on 1st Sep to call the booking and enquiries hotline of Frimley Health Trust. Neither of us could get through. I called around 12 times at different times. I am now left without an appointment and unable to contact anyone. The St Marks receptionists said the first appointment they can see in the system (but can not book on behalf of the Trust) is in November! Even if I could get through to someone to book, this would be unacceptable when I have already waited months for the appointment, the appointment was cancelled through no fault of our own, and my original appointment would be in 4 days time! If only I hadn't brought it forward through the texting service...

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your trip to St Marks Hospital. I'm very sorry that your appointment was cancelled and there clearly was a miscommunication involving your appointment. I would be really grateful if you could contact our PALs team so they can investigate what happened in more detail, in order that we learn for the future. You can email them on palsfrimleypark@fhft.nhs.uk or ring them via switchboard on 01276 604604.

Miss Woolf gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A different antenatal experience

With my first baby, five years ago (and at a hospital in London), I dreaded every visit to the antenatal clinic or sonographer. I'm overweight and no matter how little weight I gained, how diligently I exercised or how carefully I watched my diet, every visit was an exercise in making me feel like a failure because I'm overweight. I was weighed at every visit and was was even, on one occasion, when I met with the anaesthetist, told to 'reach for an apple instead' in the most patronising and insulting manner. The irony, of course, was that this individual must have noticed, if they had cared to give my file a cursory glance, that I was, indeed, reaching for those apples (my weight was certainly recorded with military regularity. Disappointingly, also, was the fact that I wasn't asked about my diet. Although I had, at that point, even though I was 7 months pregnant, gained only nominal weight, I was too upset to say anything in response (which is uncharacteristic, but I don't think some medical professionals realise the weight of their comments, especially on reflective patients).

So, needless to say, 39 weeks of that and I was expecting the same experience the second time around.

Then I encountered Wexham Park Hospital.

At this lovely hospital, I am made to feel just like every other expectant mum. I am listened to - guided skillfully and sensitively through difficult discussions about risks and the staff just seem to go out of their way to make me feel so lucky to be treated by them. When I came for my glucose tolerance test, for example, I brought work with me - including my laptop. I asked whether it would be okay to find an out-of-the way spot somewhere on the ground, because my ever increasing belly size makes balancing a laptop on my lap tricky. One member of staff (I wish I could mention their name!) insisted on giving me a blanket and pillow so that I would be comfortable. This morning (it's now a few weeks later), the sonographer (again, wish I could mention their name!) took extra time pointing our fingers and toes and generally gushed with me over my baby boy.

I am an assistant headteacher, also working in the public sector, and I know the strain we all feel with staff, time and monetary constraints. For staff to, under such circumstances, be so utterly cheerful, smiley and make an expectant mum feel just normal and valued is marvellously kind and lovely.

So thank you - to all the lovely staff at Wexham Park's antenatal department - for making me enjoy this experience. I think once you've seen how disappointing things can be, you really appreciate it when the experience is so pleasant.

All my very best to all the lovely staff.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your lovely feedback. Firstly congratulations. I'm very pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one and the staff here made you fee valued. We are very lucky to have a great team who try and treat patients as though it were their own family in front of them. The team will be delighted to read your comments, and feedback like yours makes it all worthwhile.

Kerry Raymond gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care at Wexham Ward 20

I recently stayed for two nights on ward 20. The care I received was amazing, every member of staff was polite and helpful. Particularly the NIC for both day and night shift. These nurses were truly amazing and made my visit so much more comfortable!

Sunday night there was also a nurse who worked the night shift and was moving beds around etc, they sourced some ear plugs for me and also helped me on several occasions.

Thank you all very much!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that the care you received was "amazing" and glad you felt comfortable during your stay. The team will be delighted to read your comments

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thanks for caring for carers -Audiology Reception

A hugs thank you to the receptionist in the Audiology department who really showed that they cared about me and my father who has Alzheimer's. The receptionist helped me such a lot spent time giving me detailed help, and as a carer that is so much appreciated, it really is a lifeline.

It was a phone call that I made.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 29 September 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback about our Audiology Department. I'm pleased to hear that the you and your father felt cared about and that the receptionist was able to help you. The team will be delighted to read your comments

Val L gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wexham hydropool

I recently had a course of hydropool sessions at Wexham and it has been really helpful. The staff were so friendly and caring and the warm water was really good for my muscle pain. I am grateful that I was able to be referred here and that these facilities are available on the nhs for chronic pain patients - it is so important for us.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your trip to our Hydro pool. I am glad to hear that you found this good for your muscle pain. The staff will be delighted to hear your feedback.