Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

01276 604201 Portsmouth Road, Frimley , Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7UJ

H K Stirling gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great outpatient visit Maxillofacial Dept

A great outpatient visit to Heatherwood Hospital. I was seen promptly and thoroughly examined. The care I received was super - everything was explained to me and I felt reassured and listened to. A very positive experience.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 06 November 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 November 2018

Dear H K Stirling

Thank you for this feedback, I will ensure the teams are able to read this.

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Five star service

I have have nothing but praise for all the lovely staff at The Parapet clinic which I visited today.
The environment was welcoming and the staff were efficient, friendly and reassuring.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 01 November 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Stephen gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Prostate Biopsy at Heatherwood

The parking was really easy and I found the day surgery unit easily too. The staff were polite and friendly and made me feel completely comfortable. I would particularly like to mention a nurse because he walked out to my car to hand me my treatment form which I had forgotten. Other members of staff were also polite and friendly. So thank you to one and all in the team.
My experience of short stay hospital visit was overall wonderful and I can say with certainty if you are going to have day case surgery at Heatherwood you do not need to be anxious.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 10 October 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 October 2018

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your feedback, I will be sure to let the day surgery team know!

Patient Experience Officer?

Claire gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing care

After being sent to SAU by my GP with suspected appendicitis, I was admitted and had surgery 2 days later. In my forties, this was my first ever stay in hospital and I can't praise the staff enough for making it a positive experience. In SAU, things took a long time and it is obvious that staff are stretched to their limit. However, it was also obvious that they were doing their absolute best under the circumstances and every single member of staff I encountered was amazing. Everything was explained so clearly, staff were reassuring and put me at ease. It did take two days to diagnose as my symptoms were not typical but they were thorough with their tests and when appendicitis was finally confirmed, I was quickly admitted to Parkside. Again, every single member of staff from nurses, porters, anaesthetists, doctors to cleaners and people delivering food were friendly, compassionate and everything was explained in detail. I honestly can't thank them enough and I just wish I could thank every one of them in person.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 10 October 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 October 2018

Hi Claire

Thank you for your feedback, we are very appreciative that patients are so supportive of our staff and recognise their efforts! I will be sure to pass this feedback to the team.

Patient Experience Officer?

Tony Leonard gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Benign prostate operation

On 15th August I had an operation to reduce an enlarged prostate at the Wexham Park Hospital.
The information given by the anaesthetist and the surgeon shortly before the operation was clear and comprehensive.
The surgeon described my prostate as the largest he had come across and a real challenge.
The operation, which lasted over four hours, was without complication and a welcome success.
The care given by the nurses afterwards was both efficient and caring for which I am most grateful.
Surprisingly, the food whilst I was in care, was very hot, tasty and much enjoyed.

Seven months earlier I had visited the A&E department at Wexham Park Hospital as I was completely unable to pass urine.
I was seen immediately and a catheter inserted by a matron, to my very considerable relief.

At all stages of treatment, including my pre-op assessment, the professionalism and care by staff at Wexham Park was exemplary.

Please pass on my thanks to your staff.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 12 October 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 October 2018

Hi Tony

Thank you so much for your feedback, we're so happy to hear that you have had such a good experience throughout your treatment journey - I will be sure to pass your feedback to the team.

Patient Experience Officer

cynthia fox gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

day surgery

i was admitted to the day surgery unit for my operation 18th October 2018, after I had been assessed on Ward 1 i would like to say how kind and caring everyone was, I chose those words as I felt truely cared for and the kindness was obvious from everyone involved in my care .
Also i have to mention the trolley i was on , it was so so comfortable well done much better than the old type, everywhere was very very clean and tidy, staff were courteous and respectful throughout the day.
The only down side was Pharmacy I waited over 2 hours for my TTAs (tablets to take away)
well done WPH i am very grateful and thank all of you xx

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 19 October 2018

Dear Cynthia

Thank you for writing your review I am glad your stay was so positive, I am sorry you had to wait 2 hours for your tablets, this is a process where the doctors have to write the discharge summary before the prescription goes to the pharmacy so sometimes this is where the delay occurs.

Head of patient Experience

Marek gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Pneumonia and sepsis

Entry through the emergency system was amazingly quick and i was very impressed by the calmness and efficiency of the emergency ward.
Throughout my 5 day stay I found nothing but kindness, care and concern. The treatment was first class. I was impressed with my care but also with the detailed research undertaken about all aspects of my illness, I can see now how the NHS gathers such useful statistics.

The only negative is the difficult parking for visitors, there just isn't enough space but perhaps that will improve when the current buildings works end.

Wexham Park's reputation in past years was poor but Frimley are clearly transforming the hospital into a modern and effective centre.

Many thanks to all the staff, terrific.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 26 October 2018

Dear Marek

We are all working hard at Wexham Park to try and improve care and our ED dept is extremely busy so we were pleased to have your feedback. Parking remains an issue even though we recently have increased our car parking spaces. You are correct this should improve when the building works finish but with extra space and beds we will probably have more visitors..

Gordon Middleton gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing and Wonderful care.

On Friday 19th October I attended Frimley Park Urology Dept. for a removal and biopsy of a growth in my bladder. After the procedure I was transferred to the recovery unit to revive from the general anaesthetic. During this recovery period my treatment was both amazing and wonderful even though the staff were extremely busy with many other recovering patients.
I should have been transferred to a ward soon after my recovery but it was found that I was still bleeding quite profusely and would have to undergo another general anaesthetic to find and stop this. This unforeseen emergency did not seem to phase any of the staff concerned at all, they just got on and did what was needed to achieve the result required. During this time I was kept fully aware of what was happening and what was needed to be done. The nursing staff on the unit were absolutely marvellous in the care they gave me. One nurse in particular who was do to go off shift as it was the end of her long 12 hour shift was determined to accompany to the theatre even though her shift was ended.
By the time I got back on the recovery unit the staff had changed but the professionalism
and care had not.
I have never in my long life wrote a review like this but the care, competence, attitude and respectfulness of all the medical staff involved had a profound effect on me and raised my moral that had been at a low point since being aware of what the outcome may be.
My only complaint about this review system is that I can only award a maximum of 5 stars.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 23 October 2018

Dear Gordon

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review it was lovely to hear that a member of staff had gone the extra mile for you? I have forwarded your comments onto the teams for dissemination. We all hope you are recovering well

Eric Newell gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Heatherwood Hospital

i was admited to heatherwood on 25th October for a total right hip replacement. I would just like to express my gratitude for the excellent care I recieved from all the nursing staff.
Nothing was too much trouble and everything carried out with a smile and a bit of banter that made my stay much more enjoyable.
The aftercare from the physio and healthcare teams was excellent they got me up and about in no time.
Thanks also to my surgeon and his theatre staff for a fantastic job.
They are all a credit to the National Health Service.
Eric Newell

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 31 October 2018

Hi Eric

What a lovely review to read, Thank you for taking the time to write this, I will ensure the teams get to see this as its always nice to receive positive feedback

Anne Callender gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Treated as an emergency at the eye clinic.

On Friday evening I suffered a posterior vitreous detachment. I rang my optician on Saturday morning and they said go straight to A & E. I was seen for an assessment very quickly and then had a discussion with possibly the clinical nurse on reception. I had no notes from my optician and only the information I could give. The nurse was incredible, I felt that she cared and she was going to do whatever she could to help. Obviously help from the optician would have made her life easier as it was very busy. However, I was then sent round to the eye clinic whereby I was treated with the utmost care and respect and fortunately was able to see the doctor, who made the final assessment on my eye. I was seen throughout by 7 caring and kind people. I wasn’t sure at all, as it was a busy Saturday morning, that I would be seen and expected to have to have an appointment and go back in a few days time. I cannot thank everyone enough for their help and time. It meant a lot to me as I was quite concerned about what had happened to my eye. It’s very important for me to pass this information on to show how grateful I am and how very lucky we are to have such dedicated staff at Frimley Park Hospital. So a big big thank you from me.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 18 September 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 October 2018

Dear Anne

Thank you for taking the time to respond to let us know the experience you had from ED and the ophthalmology department, I am so pleased. I hope you are now fully recovered as it does take time for eyes to improve. All the best