Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

01276 604201 Portsmouth Road, Frimley , Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7UJ

Mike A A gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

The Board should be aware ....

My wife was recently taken to A&E at Frimley Park Hospital suffering from a serious UTI.
She was admitted admitted very late this same evening. 8 days later she was discharged, having in the meantime been cured of her UTI, a blood sepsis and a kidney infection.

Throughout her eight days in FPH, the treatment care and concern for my wife given by the doctor and her team, together with all the staff in Ward F14 was faultless. It was a wonderful and reassuring service and my wife and I hope that Board Members will note these comments and the individuals concerned and will pass on our thanks accordingly.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your trip to our Emergency Department, and your inpatient stay on F14. I'm pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one and you felt reassured with the treatment. We are very lucky to have a great team who try and treat patients as though it were their own family in front of them. The team will be delighted to read your comments, and we will share your feedback with them and the wider teams as feedback like yours makes it all worthwhile.

Angela Ballard
Head of Patient Experience

mental health

I bought my son in to your unit last night (18 07 18) at 8pm at risk of suicide. The staff were initially welcoming - however the assessment was made by a very defensive rude lady who we both found difficult to understand and my son left even more traumatised. He has refused to return to Frimley and so today I took him to the Royal Surrey in Guildford where we were treated brilliantly and he has emerged in a far better frame of mind. I am appalled at his treatment in Frimley - the very nature of my son's condition meant that he needed to be spoken to with empathy and not criticism. He was in a terrible state and it took considerable persuasion from his GP and myself to get him to agree to visit a hospital in the first place - the lady in question would benefit from some further training in a good bedside manner !

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 18 July 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Left a 90 year old patient to find her way home

My mother attended ophthalmology and her appointment yet again over ran. She was told, not for the first time, to make her way to the main entrance to sort out her transport home as her pre arranged transport had left
She’s 90and had just had a procedure . Shame on you!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 04 June 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback. Please can I ask you to contact our relevant PALS team so we can look into this further.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Frimley Park Hospital – 01276 526530
palsfrimleypark@fhft.nhs.uk

Wexham Park Hospital – 01753 633365
palswexhampark@fhft.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care for patients with dementia

i would just like to thank all staff who were working on the eye ward this morning. The care they gave to my mother who has dementia was excellent.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 08 June 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. The team will be delighted to read your comment.

Loren Jones gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Visit to ENT with an autistic child

I took my eldest to ENT today for a 14:30 appointment and had to take my autistic 4 year old daughter. In the room was a male doctor and two female members of staff, one I recall was a speech and language therapist. My little one got a little agitated as per ASD traits. I explained she was autistic and would you believe, the staff ended up entertaining her! They gave her a head mounted torch and gently spun her on one of the chairs. She loves light and spinning and so the doctor was able to deal with my eldest while I half listened and half watched my youngest. They were so lovely, didn’t judge and went out of their way to be kind and understanding. Even the doctor was lovely when my little one climbed up on his lap!
It’s not often we as a family are shown such compassion and outings can often be hugely stressful for us however, these lovely people made what could have been exceptionally difficult, far easier. I can’t thank them enough. I do hope they get praised for this review and can it be reiterated as to how grateful I am for they were with my little one.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 13 June 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am please to hear you had a good experience during your ENT appointment and that the team showed compassion. They will be delighted to read your comments.

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

A big thank you to Wexham Park . We had friends visiting from Sheffield, one of whom has a brain tumour. He suddenly became ill and the hospital in Sheffield advised us to bring him to Wexham.
From the minute we arrived in A&E he was given the most amazing care. The Consultant in A&E was so thoughtful and reassuring to his wife. The junior doctor was efficient, caring and extremely thorough.
Our friend was taken to ward 8 and given a single room. Once again all members of staff were thorough, explained everything so well to his wife, and constantly in contact with the Sheffield hospital. His treatment was so quickly sorted out and he was constantly monitored and checked on. His wife was put at ease and really appreciated the long visiting hours. The ward was spotlessly clean and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. They also said the food was lovely too.
After being transferred to a huge unsuite room on Eden ward the excellent care continued.
After a very smooth transfer back to Sheffield by ambulance he is now settled in his local hospital, and he made it for Father’s Day too.
I don’t know how to thank you all , so I do hope this helps we are very grateful that our local hospital is so amazing! Jane and Bob from Maidenhead.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 17 June 2018

Dear Jane and Bob

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very pleased to here that your friend had a good experience at Wexham Hospital, A&E dept. The team will be delighted to read you comment.

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Upsetting early scan at EPU made to feel like a hassle:(

Hi there,
Unfortunately I feel I need to complain about the way I was treated this morning (18.6.18) by a sonographer at the EPU at my early pregnancy scan. I'm 6 weeks today and like many women I had an early scan to check everything was progressing as it should be and have my mind put at rest. We went to the scan room and no sooner did I have my legs on the bed, she whipped open the curtain and came in and didn't even say "are you ready!?" I was still quite exposed at the time. She told my other half and son "sit there!" In an abrupt manner and In what felt like forever of silence she finally said she "could see the sac and yolk but still very faint". I've been following early scan posts on baby groups and know at around 6 weeks you can sometimes detect a heartbeat so I said "can you see the heartbeat!?" To which she scoffed "I can barely see the sac so I definitely can't see a heartbeat!" I don't know if I am being sensitive but I felt like bursting into tears :( I said to her "I'm here because I want to check everything is Ok, I'm not medically trained and don't know how it all works" to which she then responded "yep, it might be too soon" like I was a hassle. I explained that I had seen others with a heartbeat at 6 weeks and she just said "everyone is different"I completely understand that but feel she could of said it in a nicer way that didn't sound so abrupt. I then said calmly "thank you for explaining that to me"
This woman had a trainee in the room watching her work so from what I assume is she strikes me as someone who has done this job for a long time and forgotten how she can make people feel. I feel a refresher course on patient care and empathy may not go a miss!? I realise sonographers have an important job to do and need to concentrate but I honestly don't know why you need to be so insensitive and brash. I don't know why you would do the job if you are like that with peoole. So many woman are in the early pregnancy unit for a reason and understandably anxious. I dread to think how she would make someone feel who had been trying to conceive for years and there first experience of being in hospital and checking their baby is OK, was this one :( I just don't understand why you would purposely start your day off by being so hostile. I got dressed and she shouted over the curtain "at your 12 weeks scan, you can't bring kids!" I understand this we don't plan on bringing him to the 12 week scan. I'm paranoid now wondering if the pregnancy will progress :( I wish I never went to the early scan it's meant to reassure and it just made me worry more. I feel really let down with the way I was treated and wanted to voice my concerns for myself but also for any other women who may have experienced this treatment but haven't wanted to complain. It's put me off going to the EPU and having scans altogether to be honest.pregnancy is worry enough without having a sensitive internal scan and feeling like a nuisance.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback. I am extremely sorry for you to have received a service like this. Please can I ask you to get in touch with our PALS team so we can look into this further. Below are contact details for Frimley Park Hospital and Wexham Park Hospital, please contact the relevant hospital so they can assist with you complaint.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

Frimley Park Hospital – 01276 526530
palsfrimleypark@fhft.nhs.uk

Wexham Park Hospital – 01753 633365
palswexhampark@fhft.nhs.uk

Wishing you all the best
Patient experience office

Vivi gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Can’t fault Frimley Park!

I was referred to Frimley Park Hospital under the Two Week Rule pathway - ie suspicion of cancer. I received my initial appointment to see a consultant promptly within the timeframe and was then booked to attend the Endoscopy Unit just over a week later for gastroscopy and colonoscopy. Although initially very nervous about the procedures, everything was fully explained to me and the staff were friendly, competent and reassuring. Both the consultants I saw were extremely professional, as one would hope, and totally put me at ease.

I’m pleased to say I was lucky enough to get the all-clear on this occasion. Should I run into medical problems in the future, I would be very happy to be referred back to Frimley and to feel that I was in good hands.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your trip to Frimley Park Hospital. I'm pleased to hear that you had a good experience. The team will be delighted to read your comments

Patient Experience Insight & Improvement Officer

Repeated experience of a 90 year old having to fend for hers

I gave feedback last month following my 90 year old mother being made to organise her transport home after clinic over ran. The Trust has not responded to thus feedback but the department lead e mailed me assuring me it wouldnt happen again. Guess what! She visited yesterday - had an injection in her eye and was made to walk down to the transport office again. Despicable treatment of a woman who is told repeatedly by those administering the injection that she must rest and not get stressed after the procedure- somewhat ironic I’m sure you’ll agree! Sad the trust hasn’t addressed this on this platfirm too!

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I apologies that your previous feedback was not responded to. Please can I ask you to contact our PALS team so that we can take this further for you. If you visited Wexham Hospital please contact 01753 633365/ palswexhampark@fhft.nhs.uk , if it was at Frimley Park Hospital please contact Frimley Park Hospital – 01276 526530 / palsfrimleypark@fhft.nhs.uk

I do hope we hear from you.

Emma gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Looking after my little boy

Cannot thank the staff enough at Frimley Park for looking after our poorly boy. From the Doctor at out of hours to the staff in Children's a&e to all the staff on the Children's Ward, the care Alfie received was superb. They not only looked after our little boy but they really looked after us too.
Fantastic service.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 01 July 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 July 2018

Thank you for your comments we are glad that you had a positive experience, the staff will be pleased to see your feedback which we will share with them. The team try to treat our patient with the care and treatment they would want to receive and are very pleased you and your son felt well looked after.

Angela Ballard