Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

01276 604201 Portsmouth Road, Frimley , Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7UJ

Susan Rolland gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

NHS under pressure but I can't thank A & E enough!

I suffer with a serious back problem and have had two major surgeries all done at Heatherwood. Christmas day with no warning my back went. As I am an out of catchment patient I just went to doctors and hoped it would get better. 11 days later I decided to be taken to Wexham as am under there care on Friday. In pain and unable to sit for long I hoped the wait would not be long. Waiting for the triage nurse to call me someone collapsed in the waiting area. The staff showed compassion and dealt with that emergency. So I did not mind waiting longer. Once seen by triage nurse who was so kind to me. At that point tears were running down my face as I could no longer deal with the pain. I was told it won't be too long. No sooner I sat back down I was called in. Helped onto a trolley and had all obs done. Soon I was moved into the main A & E bay area. Pain relief given and doctor saw me quite quickly despite it being under pressure. Was given pain relief and was told what was going to happen and they had called for the Orthopaedic surgeon to examine me and was waiting for my notes.
In the space of 4 hours I had a bladder scan and examined by Orthopaedic surgeon who had admitted me.
Was moved to the Christensein Ward and treated so well. All staff treated me as a human being a person in pain and not just as a patient. I was kept informed as much as they could what would happen as my MRI scan was going to be on Saturday. At that point I was hungry I had missed food and a cup of tea as had to be nil by mouth just in case I needed surgery when admitted. Thankfully food was at hand from my partner!
I missed breakfast next day as again needed to be nil by mouth. I got my scan and staff there were so compasionate and caring. You try lying flat with a back issue for 30 minutes! Back to the ward and I had been ordered food. I couldn't fault the food so much choice.
I was discharged later on Saturday evening with good news and bad but no surgery needed. They got my pain under control quickly and physio came to see me and gave me crutches for extra support. I'm now going back to my consultant to see what can be done to help me.
But I cannot thank all the staff enough for there help and watching me cry and helping me out in my worst embarrassing moment. I have never stayed there before and to be told I did the right thing in coming in there and need to again if the same thing happens was so reassuring. A caring, clean and welcoming hospital
Thank you from the bottom of ny heart!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 07 January 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your trip to our Emergency Department. I'm pleased to hear that your experience was a positive one and you felt reassured with the treatment.
Thank you very much for your feedback we will share your experience with the team.

Tim Woolhead gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

I was admitted to Wexham Park Hospital for Angioplasty operation last week. I was sent initially for 2 days at Coronary Care Unit then moved to Ward 5, A massive thank you to nurses. You are a credit to the hospital, Frimley Trust and NHS. I will forever remember your kind, caring, professional and friendly manner. Your alertness to detail was superb. I hope your work ethic is recognised by the Trust.

My wristband from A&E did show my Penicillin allergy. I spoke to a nurse in answer to my medical background I had that allergy and immediately one of the nurses jumped up and put a warning band on my wrist even before the nurse reacted. She visited me on Ward 5 and saw that the hand-wash and patient file was on a window ledge, She soon rectified that, brilliant work.

Also thank you to a member of the Angioplasty team, you're advice and your compassion will be long remembered. The team that operated under my consultant were brilliant.

Lastly praise for the whole team on Ward 5 working under extreme pressure, especially having to deal with 2 of the most obnoxious people I have ever had the misfortune to share space One patient should be locked up with every other word being "F" word and using very graphic sexual comments in his mad ramblings. Indeed I started to fear for the female nurses safety, and surely he must be tended by males. The other being extremely argumentative and foul mouthed. Some people would call then "confused", I would not, the team should not have to endure such things.

My second stay in 6 months, heart attack in June 2017, saw me cared for by the most brilliant people going the extra mile and I wish to commend all the named staff and team and they must receive recognition, THANK YOU CCU & WARD 5

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 08 January 2018

john whittaker gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and care

I was recommended to visit A&E with an urgent problem although I live in Reading, due to shorter waiting times. I was seen within 30 minutes, triaged and first stage treatment offered straight away. All the staff including the nurse, registrar & junior surgeon were professional, caring and helpful. I later returned to see the Urology team and although problem was a difficult one, they were superb in their care, support, thoughtfulness and expertise and got me sorted without the need for surgery! many thanks to you all!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 10 January 2018

DH gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care from start to finish at Frimley Park Hospital

I was in outpatients department 1 yesterday for a liver biopsy, and was quite nervous. Right from the start, everyone I came across worked to lower my nerves, from the consultant's initial talk through, through preparation, the procedure itself and aftercare in the recovery area. Even porters were friendly an interested in chatting about mutual interests whilst maneuvering you through the maze of the hospital.

A particular plus point was the nursing staff in the recovery area, who all had a good sense of humour and knew just how to combine it with a professional attitude. A particular mention to go to one member of staff who was amazing — he really made it feel like your case was the most important thing in the world.

In the nicest possible way, I hope not to have to see anyone there again soon, but if I do, I know I will be in good hands. I'd be happy to recommend FPH to anyone.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 January 2018

CLAIRE gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service and care

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone at Wexham for the service I have been provided since my referral in December. All the staff have been friendly and helpful and I can't believe how quickly my case and final operation yesterday were dealt with. All the staff since my first visit to Gynae through to pre-eassessment to theatre admissions and post op recovery were professional and caring.

No one likes hospital visits but I felt truly cared for and advised.
I couldn't thank you all more.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 06 January 2018

Preetika Verma gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Bad waiting times and bad food

I had a miscarriage and went to a and e at Wexham Park. I was is such severe pain, had a fever of over 100 and bleeding, but I was eventually seen by a gynaecologist 5 hours after I got there. I was told I had a very big infection and needed to be operated on immediately. But that didn’t happen until almost another 5 hours later. I was fine after the operation but I was shocked at the poor reaction times. At A &E I was taken to a bed and left there for half an hour. Eventually someone took my blood. An hour later I was called back to the same ward only to sit there for another 45 minutes with no progress. Eventually I was taken to another ward and put in a cubicle without a bed. I could barely sit at this stage and my husband had to ask for a bed. A bed came but no one made it for another 25 minutes. They took my blood again and then lost my notes for 25 minutes. It was just a farce until I actually got to gynaecology. And when I got there, the ward was full of old ladies who had had accidents instead of women with gynaecological problems. Instead, these women were put in a holding area and some were waiting for 10 hours plus for someone to see them. The day after my operation I was offered food. I cannot begin to express how disappointing patient food is here. It’s all microwaved rubbish. My breakfast was a croissant- a stale, tough inedible croissant. What sort of a breakfast is that anyway? It’s not a healthy one. Lunch was a salty bread roll, inedible fish and chips and a microwaved pudding. All totally gross. Are you people trying to make us better or sicker with this awful food? Wexham Park should be ashamed of themselves. My dad was at Royal Brompton a few years ago, and they made sure patients got freshly prepared food for every meal. I just hope my treatment was a success. The doctors saw me in the morning after my op and told me they would test my blood for infection and then let me go if it was ok. But they didn’t bother. I suspect it was because it was a Saturday and their blood testing dept was closed. I hope I do not have to go back to Wexham anytime soon again.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 10 December 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your trip to our Accident & Emergency Department and Gynaecology Ward at Wexham Park. I'm very sorry that to hear that you did not receive a positive experience. I would be really grateful if you could contact our PALs team so they can investigate what happened in more detail, in order that we learn for the future. You can email them on PALSWexhamPark@fhft.nhs.uk or ring them via switchboard on 01753 633365

Thanks for raising your concerns

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Paediatric Ward and Assessment Unit

Our daughter was recently seen on the assessment unit and then admitted to the paediatric ward. All of the staff we encountered, including doctors, nurses, allied health professionals and domestic staff were kind, polite and very caring.
The care our daughter received was of high quality and we felt reassured she was in safe hands. We were kept well informed about her care. Thank you to all.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 13 December 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your trip to our Paediatric Assessment Unit. I'm pleased to hear that the treatment was good and you felt the doctors were excellent and thorough. The team will be delighted to read your comments

Thanks for thinking of us

Pippa gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent case throughout maternity services

My prolonged stay at Wexham Park Hospital was made bearable by the team of excellent midwives and health care assistants on ward 21. I was always seen on time for medicine and checks and my questions were answered in good time and fully. Not to mention the fact that the team somehow have the patience and time to be holly and smiley which absolutely helps a two week stay in hospital!

Under the antenatal care of the doctor, I felt well informed and in control of the decisions that had to be made by, and for, me and my baby.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 20 December 2017

Stef Chapman gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Maternity unit

On 14.11.17 I came to the maternity assessment unit at Wexham hospital ready to have my child. I was seen fairly quickly by the midwife who spoke to me on the phone initially. The midwife identified that I was in labour and would need to move me away from the much loved gas and air and move me up to the birthing area. The midwife put me in a wheelchair and moved like the speed of lightning! And requested gas and air the second I arrived into the room where I would give birth which I very much appreciated. The next midwife arrived into the room and began monitoring me quite thoroughly and identified the baby's heart rate was dropping and very calmly whipped into action. The baby arrived soon later and after initial quick check from the midwife was fine thankfully. There were two other midwives who joined in the final stage of the birth and they were reassuring and efficient. I had a very positive experience and want to send my sincere thanks to all those midwives who worked like Trojans at such a late hour and who remained calm when things didn't initially go to plan. I really appreciated all you did!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 05 December 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 December 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. Congratulation on the birth of your baby. We are glad you had a good experience with us and we will share your feedback with the team.

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Quick and supportive care

I visited a&e twice in 3 nights with my 6 month old daughter who was suffering with croup and felt so well cared for. She was monitored continually until they were happy that her symptoms had stabilised. All of the staff were so friendly and caring and made sure I was clear and comfortable with being discharged. The doctors were very thorough and I am so thankful this is my local hospital. I was lucky enough to give birth to both children here too and couldn't reccomend enough.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 27 November 2017

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your trip to our Emergency Department. I'm pleased to hear that the treatment was good and you felt the doctors were very thorough. The team will be delighted to read your comments.

Harpreet Rall