Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust

01276 604201 Portsmouth Road, Frimley , Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7UJ

Angela R gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy

I came into the Endoscopy department this morning to have a procedure with sedation feeling extremely nervous; However I was quickly reassured by the nurse, and the anesthetist. From my side I felt as if I was the only patient in the department this morning. Went I went into the theatre I was still nervous but reassured by all staff, which included a doctor, possibly two anesthetists and a nurse. The care and kindness I received from them all was second to none. I woke up in the recovery room some time later and was discharged around lunchtime. I consider myself very fortunate to have received all of this on the National Health. I have had 2 major operations over the last six years and would like to say thank you for the wonderful care that I have received.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 07 September 2018

Anne Callender gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Treated as an emergency at the eye clinic.

On Friday evening I suffered a posterior vitreous detachment. I rang my optician on Saturday morning and they said go straight to A & E. I was seen for an assessment very quickly and then had a discussion with possibly the clinical nurse on reception. I had no notes from my optician and only the information I could give. The nurse was incredible, I felt that she cared and she was going to do whatever she could to help. Obviously help from the optician would have made her life easier as it was very busy. However, I was then sent round to the eye clinic whereby I was treated with the utmost care and respect and fortunately was able to see the doctor, who made the final assessment on my eye. I was seen throughout by 7 caring and kind people. I wasn’t sure at all, as it was a busy Saturday morning, that I would be seen and expected to have to have an appointment and go back in a few days time. I cannot thank everyone enough for their help and time. It meant a lot to me as I was quite concerned about what had happened to my eye. It’s very important for me to pass this information on to show how grateful I am and how very lucky we are to have such dedicated staff at Frimley Park Hospital. So a big big thank you from me.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 18 September 2018

Steve of Wraysbury gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Blood test times not available.

Quite a while back I was able to enter the NHS webstie for King Edward Vii to look up days and timings for the blood test team as I found they have closed times during the day.
Now however there is no such information on the NHS Choices web site even though Google has registered that this is a common search phrase.
So, please web designers, edit and place this useful information or place a link to where is may be found.
Thank you. (Steve a Neurology patient - not listed in the department choices)

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Not very impressed

Went to pick up a patient for discharge yesterday. As a senior nurse with over forty years expereince I was not particularly impressed quite frankly. The patient had some post operative confusion but was still dischaged to an unsatisfactory home environment where he is the main carer for his wife. This has been flagged up begore ..WHERE is the communication. At point of discharge the Sister told me he had got his TTAs without checking. The confused patient thought he had. It transpired he hadnt. Fortunately I ensured he got them. Then there was an expectetation that he could walk to the exit some considerable distance away. Again, I had to flag up the fact that he needed a chair. Where is the assessment. The nurse asked the porters to bring one, they refused. I then had to go and get a wheelchair myself. Suppose I had been elderly? The sister then called the patient 'Darling' This is a person who is supposed to be a role model. ' A..she doesnt check her facts and makes assumptions about what has been done, and B she appears unaware of the fact that in may Trusts it is policy not to refer the the patient in generic and demeaning or patroning terms. On the subject of dignity and respect there was a female patient who was clearly dying in another bay. Her bed was by the entrance with no screens pulled around. On the subject of cleanliness the ward was cluttered and untidy. I did also note that at the entrance to one ward the gel machine was missing off the wall, and the public toilets, although they had a tick box filled had toilet paper strewn on the floor and an overflowing bin with sanitary products exposed to the air.
The general care was adequate but no more than that. More staff training seems to be needed quite frankly and a more robust mangerial response to privacy and dignity. If I can see these things with just one visit then I wonder why the management can't see them. It just wont do. If I find these sort of issues next time I visit I may contact the Care Commission to express my concern. I have in fact been part of an Inspectorate in the past. Unfortunately most members of the public are not professionals and are unaware of these things. I found my visit to this hospital depressing.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 01 August 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience and I can assure you that your comments will be looked into. Please can I ask you to contact our PALS team who will be able to investigate this for you.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

Frimley Park Hospital – 01276 526530
palsfrimleypark@fhft.nhs.uk

Wexham Park Hospital – 01753 633365
palswexhampark@fhft.nhs.uk

Claire Vaux gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care and wonderful staff

I was admitted to Frimley Hospital on Monday 30th July and discharged on Friday 3rd August 2018, with appendicitis. All of the staff from the surgical assessment team to the surgical team and general surgery ward staff were outstanding. I had the best care from wonderful people from the moment I stepped into the hospital to the moment I left. I have a 6 month old baby who I breastfeed so being in hospital was the worst timing. The hospital were so understand and allowed my baby in so I could feed her. I was also able to borrow a hospital grade express machine so I could keep my supply up. I just can’t thank all of the staff enough. You do an amazing job and have such passion and commitment to all of the patients you see every day. Thank you.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 07 August 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 August 2018

Dear Claire

Thank you so much for your lovely response, and congratulations on your new baby! We hope you are recovering well after your surgery? I will pass on your comments to the surgical team.

Head of patient Experience

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care in paediatric a&e last night

Last night I attended a&e with my 10yr old. From the minute we walked through the door we were greeted by a lovely lady on reception and quickly sent through to paeds a&e. We were seen within a few minutes by a triage nurse who administered some pain relief for my daughters arm. We had a very long wait of several hours before being seen as the dept was very busy, so busy in fact there were not enough seats yet I heard no one moaning about there being an estimated 4-5hr wait, the staff were not impatient or short tempered despite the time and the busy department. They remained patient, polite and were so thorough with my daughter whilst she tried to explain the type of pain and exactly where it was. We then went off to x ray where we were seen very quickly and then back to a&e for a further wait but the x rays were reviewed very quickly, they were fully explained and the dr was very sympathetic to my daughter’s pain and praised her bravery. The nurse put her in a sling and we were referred to the fracture clinic via the main a&e reception. Even though it was almost midnight by this point, even the 2 ladies there chatted to my daughter and wished her well. I am proud and thankful of our NHS and praise all the men and women that do a fantastic job under extreme conditions, no doubt exhausted, and sadly we’ll always find the time to write a complaint yet never quite have the time to feedback such positivity so that is why I’ve taken the time now before I am ‘too busy’ to say thank, thank you from me and my daughter for the exceptional care and compassion we received last night. Please could you pass on our personal thanks to the female Dr that treated my daughter, she was wonderful.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 10 August 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback. I am delighted to hear that despite your circumstance you had a good experience. I will forward your feedback onto the team. Wishing your daughter all the best.

Patient Experience officer

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

CT Receptionist

I called today to try and sort out my Husband's CT Appointment. He is being treated for two different issues although they overlap and has been referred for two CT Scans. I spoke to a really pleasant lady, explained that I felt it would make sense to have 1 scan as they overlapped but was aware that this may not be able to happen. She agreed that it would be sensible to do the scans at the one appointment but needed to check regarding the contrast. She said she would look into it and call me back, which she did. She was informative, friendly and very on the ball. Just a shame I can't name her, FPH should be proud of her.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 23 August 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 August 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a Thank you around your husbands CT appointment, I am glad you found someone who obviously follows our Trust values. I will forward to the CT dept at frimley

Head of Patient Experience

Terry mullins gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Endoscopy unit 17th August 2018

I would just like to say how efficient and friendly the staff were in carrying out my Colonoscopy procedure. All was explained and the procedure was carried out very efficiently in a very calm relaxed atmosphere.

Well done to all the staff.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 24 August 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 August 2018

Thank you Terry for your positive feedback, I will ensure the endoscopy dept are informed of your Thanks, was it Wexham, Heatherwood or Frimley

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Disgrace

Spent 7 hours being passed around, false promises, zero communication to patients and between departments. Some rude staff members and nobody seemingly knowing what’s going on or what the plan may be. Will never return.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 26 August 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 August 2018

We at Frimley Health are sorry you received this care, this is not what we aspire too, I am not sure if it is Frimley Park, Wexham or Heatherwood that you received this treatment so can not investigate, please do ring our PALS team who will be able to take further details so we can look into what went wrong.

You can email them on PALSWexhamPark@fhft.nhs.uk or ring them via switchboard on 01753 633365 or You can email them on palsfrimleypark@fhft.nhs.uk or ring them via switchboard on 01276 604604 depending on the site.

Head of Patient Experience

Anonymous gave Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

mental health

I bought my son in to your unit last night (18 07 18) at 8pm at risk of suicide. The staff were initially welcoming - however the assessment was made by a very defensive rude lady who we both found difficult to understand and my son left even more traumatised. He has refused to return to Frimley and so today I took him to the Royal Surrey in Guildford where we were treated brilliantly and he has emerged in a far better frame of mind. I am appalled at his treatment in Frimley - the very nature of my son's condition meant that he needed to be spoken to with empathy and not criticism. He was in a terrible state and it took considerable persuasion from his GP and myself to get him to agree to visit a hospital in the first place - the lady in question would benefit from some further training in a good bedside manner !

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 18 July 2018

Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Please can I ask you to contact our PALS team who will be able to investigate this for you.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)

Frimley Park Hospital – 01276 526530