University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust

01539 732288 Westmorland General Hospital, Burton Road , Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 7RG

Natalie Jackson gave University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Breast Clinic

I have had excellent service from my GP referring me to the breast clinic on Thursday, an appointment was made (after hours) via my home phone for the next Monday. The staff without exception were very friendly and professional and dealt with my condition there and then. I wish all departments worked as seemlessly as the Breast Unit. Supurb

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 October 2017

Hi Natalie, thank you so much for your kind feedback. I have passed it onto the teams involved who I know will really appreciate it. Thank you again.

Andrea McEwen gave University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Good service

After only a short wait my husband was attended to recently in A & E because he was in acute pain and we were on holiday in the area. His shoulder was x-rayed and he was given painkillers to help him to get through the remainder of our holiday. Many thanks to the doctor.
Andrea McEwen

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 July 2017

Hi Andrea, we're so pleased to hear that you had a positive experience whilst in our care recently. I've passed your comments onto the teams involved who I know will appreciate it. All the best to you and your husband - and hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Anonymous gave University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Service

Just wanted to congratulate MBHT. I saw my GP this morning about a knee injury. The GP referred me for an x-ray . Within an hour of leaving the surgery my x-ray was complete and I was back home. Many thanks to the radiology department at QVH Morecambe for their prompt and efficient service and to the Trust for the joined up thinking which allows patients to access excellent health care services.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 June 2017

Hi there, thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased to know that you were treated seamlessly as a result of our staff working together. We have passed your kind words onto the relevant team. Tanks again, and all the best with your recovery.

Mri

Felt nervous of having MRI scan after poor experience at Chorley a few years ago new scanner a lot quieter and very pleasant surroundings in and out very quickly the staff were lovely and helpful would not bother me having another one well done in spending funds in such a good way

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 16 March 2017

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 March 2017

We really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch and tell us about your recent experience of our MRI services. It is great to hear that you found the new scanner quieter and that staff were helpful. We will pass on your comments to the teams involved. Thanks again and take care.

Louise gave University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Freezing in A and E

I had to visit A and E yesterday, the wait was about 4 hours. Which was fine, not unexpected. However, the department really needs signs on the doors to stop people standing between them. One young man constantly went to make phone calls and people waited for taxis there. And it meant the waiting room was freezing. As I had damaged my foot I couldn't walk around to stay warm. Apart from that. The staff were great, particularly the radiographer who was very friendly

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 12 February 2017

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 February 2017

Hi Louise - thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit to our A&E department. We are pleased that you felt our staff cared for you well, and will pass on your helpful comments re the temperature in the waiting room and potentially putting up signs. Thanks again, and take care.

Christine Compton gave University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Recent MRI scan

About 5 years ago I had an MRI scan - my first - at the RLI. At the time I felt i was extremely poorly treated by the staff and seriously ill-prepared and consequently traumatised by the actual scan and so I made a complaint.

Recently I had another MRI and the experience could not have been more different. (In fairness the previous scan was done on my chest whereas the recent one was on my knee and so I didn't need to completely enter the scanner this time, which helped as I struggle with claustrophobia.) This time the approach to the reception desk was far more pleasant - a wider, recently decorated corridor - and the receptionist was friendly and efficient. I was invited to take part in a research project looking at the emotional and psychological impact of an MRI scan - I was only too happy to participate and to share my previous experience with the delightful Research Nurse who went through the questionnaire with me.

The scan itself was so much less intimidating. A newer scanner has a much wider 'tube' which felt far less scary. I was provided with good earplugs and defenders and the various sounds from the scanner were far less noisy and alarming. Whether this was due to me being less anxious, the ear defenders being better or the new scanner being far quieter I don't know - maybe all three.

Following the scan the Radiographer spent time answering my questions and was obviously interested in my feedback and opinion. I came away from the RLI feeling uplifted that my local hospital can make such radical and positive change that benefits everyone. The three staff I dealt with all treated me like an intelligent human whose opinion was valuable. The Research Nurse and Radiographer took time to listen to me, to answer my questions, to reassure me and to share with me the positive knock on effects the changes make to their jobs. I hope the research project will prove what I have believed for years - that when patients are fully informed, listened to, reassured and treated with respect, i.e. when their emotional and psychological needs are met, their bodies are far more likely to cope and heal, thereby saving our precious NHS millions and providing less stress and greater job satisfaction to the staff. Win win win!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 March 2017

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 March 2017

Hi Christine - thanks for sharing your recent experience at the Royal Lancaster Infirmary. We are pleased that this recent experience was much more positive than your previous one and that you felt there were improvements to be seen in the equipment, environment and the way our staff cared for you. We will pass on your comments to the teams involved. Thanks again.

Surgery

The standard of care before and after my operation was highly professional and extremely caring. All the staff from the anaesthetist, consultant , nurses and people serving coffee was wonderful. Throughout my treatment procedures were explained clearly and all the staff were very caring and respectful. Thank you

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 19 November 2016

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that your recent experience of our Trust was positive. We are pleased that our staff cared for you well and were respectful. We will pass on your kind words to the teams involved. Thanks again and take care.

Helen gave at University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ward 1 review

I should like to commend all the staff associated with Ward 1 and Gynaecology. During my short stay I was treated with kindness and consideration and was at all times kept informed about my medical treatment. From the initial consultation to my going home the professionalism of the staff was exceptional. Many thanks.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 25 April 2016

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 April 2016

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay Trust. We are really pleased that you were treated professionally and will of course pass on your comments. Thanks again and best wishes for your recovery.

Anonymous gave University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

visit to maternity day assessment

My daughter was assessed in this unit after noticing decreased movements from her baby.
The staff were excellent and so patient, nothing was too much trouble for them, and they relieved her concerns with an calm positive but friendly approach
While we were waiting for the Doctor to discharge her i got talking to the midwife from the "drop in" service, what an excellent idea, they explained that the up side was that you could obviously "drop in" for your ante natal check ups without time off work, child care etc the down side was that you wouldn't see your own midwife at every appointment
The service appeared to be well used

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 28 April 2016

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 May 2016

Many thanks for taking the trouble to get in touch with us regarding your daughters recent experiences at the Trust. We're delighted staff were able to reassure your daughter during a clearly worrying time. Thanks again for your comments which we will pass on to those concerned.

Anonymous gave at University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Very caring, helpful and efficient standard of care

I was referred to the 'one stop' urology department by my GP. When I first arrived the receptionist was both helpful and friendly and I really could not fault the service I received all day. I was given a list of the tests which were to be carried out and both the Ultra Sound and cystoscopy was carried out in a a caring and sensitive manner. I was kept in formed of the arrangements and when I needed to leave the outpatients department for tests was accompanied to and fro by caring and friendly nursing staff. They even apologised for having to go out in the rain (even though they were getting wet themselves!!) The doctor who carried out the cystoscopy was very thorough in explaining the tests and the whole procedure was completely painless. For anyone concerned about being referred to the Urology Dept I would advise that this department has an excellent standard of care with exceptional and caring staff.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 03 February 2016

University Hospitals Of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 February 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience in our Urology department. We are very pleased that our staff looked after you well, and will pass on your kind words. Thanks again, and take care.