East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust

01438 314333 Lister Hospital, Coreys Mill Lane , Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 4AB

Robert gave East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Out Patient Appointments a shambles

Arrived as directed for my outpatient appointment at 13:00hrs on 26th September, only to find that the clinic did not open until 13:30hrs, when the clinic did open at 13:40hrs (my appointment was at 13:30hrs), I was informed that my notes were at another clinic (the one which I would attend after the diagnostic tests from this clinic), and I could therefore not have my appointment until the notes turned up. On enquiring the clerk was unable to give me a time for the notes to appear so that I could have the appointment. After 1 hour I enquired again as to the whereabouts of the notes and still was unable to be given an answer. As my second appointment was at 14:50 sufficient time had been wasted so that I would now be late for that appointment too.. Again I enquired regarding the whereabouts of the notes, once again no definitive answer was given and the clerk could not project a time of when they would be there. After 3 hours I decided that this was totally unacceptable and would go home to re book the appointment.
On attempting to rebook the appointment the automated system continually failed to work, and I was not able to rebook the appointment
I am left therefore without an appointment to see the heart specialist and am unsure of the direction to take for re booking.
The whole system is a complete shambles, unreliable, and not fit for purpose, furthermore I am at the mercy of this sham to oversee my healthcare. Unacceptable in every element.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 27 September 2017

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust replied on 27 September 2017

Thank you for your review Robert - we're very sorry to hear about the poor experience you had when you attended your appointment with our cardiology team. Have you spoken with our patient advice and liaison service? They will be best placed to sort a follow-up appointment for you and to listen to the issues you experienced with your most recent ones. You can call them on 01438 285811 or email pals.enh-tr@nhs.net.

Kim gave at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Efficient, caring & punctual!

9:15 appt. They were running about 15 mins late which didn't bother me. I was out again in under 2 hours after seeing the consultant, then having a mammogram, on to an ultra sound & back to the consultant who gave me my results there & then. I was only referred by my GP 2 weeks ago & already have peace of mind. I'd like to say thank you to all the staff involved. Their system works like clockwork!! Definitely 5 stars from me!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 August 2017

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust replied on 06 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We're very pleased to hear that you received great service from our team and that you were seen to quickly. We'll share your feedback on to the team.

Anonymous reviewed at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust

Not satisfied with investigation timings

When my daughter found a breast lump she went to GP on 4 April, she was seen by registrar at QEII on 18 April, she has been given a mammaogram appt for 25 April and an ultrasound of 3 May and no doubt her results will come a week later - 35 days? Not acceptable. I know several women who have been referred to the clinic within a week and had all tests done within hours. My daughter is extremely distressed. I know exactly how she feels as I have successfully received breast cancer treatment at QEII and know how important it is for a speedy diagnosis.
Why has she not been fast tracked?

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 20 April 2017

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust replied on 20 April 2017

We're really sorry that you feel your daughter is not getting the investigations needed in a timely manner, which we would like to investigate - please can you ask her to email us at generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net so we can make sure things get sorted for her as soon as possible?

Anonymous gave at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Disappointed

My Gp referred me as I have a lump in my breast, they told me I would be seen within 2 weeks as per guidelines and that I would have a diagnoses on the day.

I have just had my appointment which lasted approx 5 minutes, including time for me to undress. The doctor only checked me lying down and pretty much told me I'm menopausal despite me having no symptoms.

I still have to have a mammogram etc but I have no idea when to expect the appointment as the urgent referral has been completed on paper by me being seen at the clinic. The specialist also pointed out that I have 'lumpy' breasts.

All the literature states that you can't tell what cancer isn't, just what it is so now I'm still worried and just don't know how long I have to worry for.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust replied on 28 April 2017

We're sorry that you have left the consultation with such concerns and uncertainties. We're very happy to help you get these matters addressed - all you need do is email with your details to generalenquiries.enh-tr@nhs.net and we'll put you in touch with the breast team.

Georgina Farley gave at East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I attended an evening clinic today and was seen straight away. The doctor and nurse were friendly and efficient-a very positive experience

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 01 February 2017

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust replied on 02 February 2017

Thanks for your feedback, which we appreciate very much. Best wishes for the future

PathMan gave East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

All around excellent care but shout-out for Radiotherapy!

My brother is currently udnergoing treatment here and I accompany him for many of his visits and have delivered him to Ward 10 as an in-patient on two occasions and have visited him on the ward. To date, his treatment has been top notch. He is very happy with the ward staff, OPD staff and his consultant. But a special mention must go to the team in the Radiotherapy unit who go above & beyond the call of duty to care for the patients! Thank you everyone for your wonderful service, including that of the Lynda Jackson MacMillan Centre!

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 26 August 2016

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust replied on 13 December 2016

How kind of you to get in touch - we'll make sure that your comments get back to our radiotherapy team colleagues. Please pass our best wishes on to your brother.

Norman Phillips gave East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Professional Team

Yesterday I was taken to A&E. You could see the team was working flat out. But at every point you were kept informed on progress. The basics were taken care of whilst you progressed through the system. Fed and watered. Everything was patient centric. Later in the evening as the numbers of patients inbound grew, I witnessed an excellent example of Senior Management. The on call Snr Manager, pitched up and pitched in. I have met said individual before so I was not surprised to see them getting stuck in.
I know from personal experience that leadership like this is a huge morale booster.
The pace of A&E never drops. How the staff cope I know not but I am very grateful they do.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 29 March 2016

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust replied on 29 March 2016

Thanks for the feedback Norman - we'll make sure that it reaches the team as soon as possible. Hope that you're feeling better now.

Anonymous gave East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Pals support

I have been looking for contact details to find support for one of your current inpatients. As she was having a hard time with obs being missed, scans being delayed and finally being developed infection. Pals are advising the patient that she needs to be reminding nursing staff when to do obs etc. Where can patients seek support when pals are ineffectual?

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 03 December 2015

East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust replied on 03 January 2016

We're sorry that you didn't find our PALS team helpful - to raise any concerns that you may have, we hope you find the information on our website helpful - http://www.enherts-tr.nhs.uk/patients-visitors/patient-surveys/concerns-and-complaints