Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01623 622515 Mansfield Road , Sutton-In-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire, NG17 4JL

Anonymous gave at Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Complex knee surgery

I cannot fault my consultant and their team they are amazing and after suffering many years with a condition that is rare in young people the consultant till the morning of my surgery was caring reassuring and best consultants I have ever met. The consultant's team show the same courteous and caring nature and both me and my family had full confidence however ward 11 let it down. The care on the ward are very hit and miss. The night staff were amazing often picking up everything had been left. My pain was through the roof on one occasion due to delays in meds and ended up on a drip...the knock on effect is huge. Everyone has to be from the same hymn sheet so to speak. Often I felt people hadn't read my notes properly bit luckily consultant and pain management team visited me on a daily basis so I was able to get there support direct. I felt nursing staff were to busy, not enough on the ward to deal with complex needs or some not interactive and having chase constantly for a thing such as meds. Sometimes the health care assistants were more proactive. It is such a shame as the consultant team are the best, everyone needs be there same reason and all together. The physio team are exceptional very supportive and clear goals what's is needed..

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 August 2017

Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 September 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're sorry that some of your experiences at King's Mill Hospital have been negative. Please contact our Patient Experience Team on 01623 672222 or email us at pet@sfh-tr.nhs so that we can investigate this further.

Jackie gave General dental treatment at Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

nervous visit

I attended clinic 12 yesterday for a planned hysterscopy and biopsy, unfortunately that didn't quite go to plan, and now I am awaiting appointment date and time to come in for the procedure to be done under general anesthetic.
I just want to say after 4 weeks of nervous worry the staff were fantastic, from the consultant who explained everything to me and reassured me , to the lovely nurse who without being asked held my hand throughout.and the receptionist who greeted us with a lovely smile,
Thankyou to you all, I am certainly not nervous now about my next visit.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about the excellent care that you received at King’s Mill Hospital. It’s good to read such positive comments about our staff and we are very proud of them and the care that they provide. I will make sure that the general dental department receive your comments so that they can be shared with staff. Thank you.

Anonymous gave General dental treatment at Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

2 night stay

Admitted last week for surgery, I received excellent care from all the nursing staff and the doctors that were involved in my care. Nothing was too much trouble and care was always carried out with a smile. The meals were also of excellent quality and so much to choose from. Thank you to all.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 01 August 2017

Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and for your kind words regarding your care and experience. We are dedicated to delivering outstanding care to our patients and we're glad your experience reflects this. Thank you again.

2 night stay

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 01 August 2017

Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and for your kind words about our staff. Our staff are dedicated to their work and ensuring that our patients receive outstanding care and we are pleased that your experience reflects this. Feedback is always important to us and so we will ensure that everyone involved in your care receives your comments. Thank you again.

IanB61 gave Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Clinic 7

I attended my appointment today (09/05/2017). Apart from the h booking in machine not working all went well and leaves a good impression. The appointments were running late by about fifteen minutes but I think that we have to expect that at a busy and major hospital. The consultant I saw was excellent. Not hurried or ruched in any way. Time was taken to explain things to me regarding my test results and then what the next steps are. The whole experience today at Kings Mill Hospital has been a very good one.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your Clinic 7 experience. We will pass your feedback onto the team. If you would like to tell us more, please contact our our Patient Experience Team on 01623 672222 or email us at pet@sfh-tr.nhs

Chris gave Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Cancer checks stopped and they signed me off!! A disgrace.

I have to have regular checks due to Bowens Disease, Psoriasis and due to having had many small growths removed. Without telling me i was written off and they will not look after me any more even with a doctor's referral. I have had skin problems for 54 years yet they deemed it right to stop looking after me. I am furious. I have unlike many paid all my life into the NHS via tax and NI. I am livid and very upset.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 23 July 2017

Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 August 2017

We're sorry that you have had a bad experience at King's Mill Hospital. Please contact our Patient Experience Team on 01623 672222 or email us at pet@sfh-tr.nhs so that we can investigate further.