Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

01245 362000 Broomfield Hospital, Court Road , Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 7ET

Tony Constable gave Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service at Broomfield Hospital

I was admitted via A&E at Broomfield hospital for a pain in the area of my gall bladder. I am trying to loose some excess weight before asking to be put on the waiting list for my Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Gall bladder removal) due to multiple gall stones. My fear was that my gall bladder was going to give me a repeat episode of Pancreatitis that I was treated for earlier this year - no one wants that and particularly a second time. Yes, my infection markers were through the roof, but my pain was actually Pleuritic due to a recent chest infection. However the service that I received was first class, nothing was too much trouble and nothing was left to chance. I cannot thank the ward staff, support staff and medical teams enough for everything they did for me, including their patience when taking my blood -I am a very reluctant bleeder! To think that this time was first class then my visit for my Pancreatitis earlier this year was even better. I have had 2 stays in Broomfield and would be very reluctant to go anywhere else. My only criticism was that it took 2 visits to a&e to be admitted, the first suggetsing

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Barbara eaton gave Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Diabolical telephone system

I attempted to contact ophthalmology. After 50 minutes and dialling 7 numbers, none of which were answered by a human I reached reception who solved my problem.
I suggest that someone in authority try ring in themselves and discover the frustration for themselves.
I feel I now need anger management councilling after my experience.
Incredibly disgusted,
Barbara Eaton
I doubt anyone will call me.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 28 June 2017

Reg Kenny reviewed Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust

Waiting 14 months for knee replacement

I was referred by my doctor late in September 2015 for a knee replacement, eventually I received a date for the operation 6th May 2016. The week before on the 28th April I had a full assessment, the next day 29th April I received a phone call cancelling my operation as the anaesthetist was not happy with my ECG and blood test. I have since had a heart scan - all clear, a bone marrow biopsy, "very enjoyable" I don't think, all clear, a CT scan, all clear, I was just slightly anaemic, then I found out because of the tests I was put to the back of the waiting list, despite nothing badly wrong with me. I received a new date eventually 21st October 2016. On the 11th October I had to see the Consultant about the operation. The day before I past blood in my urine (great). When I spoke to the Consultant they were very good about it but said the operation would have to be posponed not cancelled until I had more tests at Urology to find out about the blood. On the 20th October I attended Urology and had a camera past into my bladder all clear. I then had some scan tests, again all clear. I was told nothing to stop me having my operation. I received a letter on 1ST November from Urology confirming my results. I phoned my Consultants waiting list on the 3rd November to say I was all clear, and was told they would speak to my Consultant on the Monday (the 6th) to confirm my clearance from Urology. Monday came and went, nothing. I have spent hours this week calling them, every time leave a message, I did at least 3 times but still now Friday 11th November still nothing. I have complained to PALS they are looking into it, but it seems even they are having problems getting through to anyone. I have spent another week of my life wasting time trying to get through the administration and bureaucracy at this Hospital. So ends the epic of a knee replacement. So far nearly14 months from my doctor to nowhere.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 11 November 2016

Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Lynne Breaker-Rolfe gave Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Operation

I went into Broomfield hospital in January 2016 to have an operation which was planned. I was due to stay one night however things did not work out that way and I stayed for eight days. I was treated with the highest privacy and consideration from all the staff on the wards including the night staff, especially in recovery where my nurse could not do enough to keep me out of pain etc. My consultant talked to me and listened to what I was telling them and we decided together how to move forward. I was not rushed to leave it was my decision when to return home which again was appreciated. I was unable to eat food only fluids but the food looked nice and hot with a lot of choices. The ward and bathroom were clean and checked regularly with no complaints. I would not hesitate to recommend Broomfield Hospital. Thank you to all staff.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 11 February 2016