Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust

0191 482 0000 Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Sheriff Hill , Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE9 6SX

chloe R reviewed Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust

Cannot speak highly enough

I was a day patient at Peter Smith Surgery Centre Gateshead. From registering in to the centre the staff were lovely the young nurse that took me through was the most friendly but professional person then my nerves set in I was terrified but the staff that cared for me during my PRP injection were amazing they made me feel very relaxed cannot speak highly enough

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 July 2017 using Care Opinion

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 August 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to share your positive comments about your experience at the hospital.

Anonymous gave Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Emergency care centre

The staff from reception to the triage nurse and the nurse practitioner were all polite and extremely helpful. I attended Easter Sunday afternoon. Thank you so much

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 April 2017

Bridget gave Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ambulatory Care Visit

The doctor who attended me in Ambulatory Care (referred by my GP for a same-day chest x-ray for suspected pneumonia) was nothing short of fantastic.

The doctor was understanding, able to both sympathise and empathise with my situation, very detailed in their explanation of the whats, wheres and whys of the results and just very caring and interested.

Being listened to as well as having everything explained so well and with kindness was a huge boost to me. I had been feeling unwell for weeks and quite desperate, though also with the fear that it was viral and I'd be sent home again to spend another few weeks trying (unsuccessfully) to recover. Fortunately that wasn't the case and now I am hopefully on the mend!

I also have to mentioned that everyone else in the department was great, too, and despite how busy they were they didn't forget about me and kept checking that the next stage of examination or consultation hadn't been pushed too far down the pile. Thanks so much!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 April 2017

Patient feedback is extremely important to us so thank you for taking the time to pass your comments over. We will pass your comments over to the relevant department.

Carolyn gave Dental domiciliary services at Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Care in ward 21

I was admitted to Ward 21 for radical surgery after a diagnosis of cancer
I was in there for 20 days and everyone I came into contact with medical staff ,nursing staff ,domestics ,housekeepers ,porters were unfailing kind ,courteous ,caring and professional
The medical staff were incredibly thorough
Everybody made what was a daunting experience into a positive time
I am extremely grateful

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 February 2017

Thanks for taking the time to write such a nice comment about the hospital and we're pleased to hear that your experience was such a positive one. We hope you're feeling better and we'll pass on your comments to the departments involved.

Jade McQueen gave Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

QE Gateshead maternity - 10/10

Wow where do I start, from the moment I walked in just to be monitored I was met by the most caring professional staff ! Everything was explained to me in detail so I fully understood everything that was about to happen. I was taken to a delivery room which was extremely clean and was settled in by my midwife who never left my side and reassured me constantly throughout my delivery! Every step the midwife talked me through and kept me calm and even made me laugh, they told me about their own experiences which made me feel comfortable and secure. Not only did they look after me but also made sure my birthing partners where comfortable and informed on everything that was happening, i couldn't of asked or hoped for a better midwife or experience! I hope they get the recognition they deserve, I would recommend all my friends and family to use the QE in Gateshead

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 10 July 2016

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 July 2016

Many thanks for taking the time to share such lovely comments about your experience at our maternity unit. The team will be delighted to read your feedback and we wish you all the best with your newest arrival.

Cynthia Vincent gave Dental domiciliary services at Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A ward with wonderful staff

My daughter was a patient on Ward 21 from 10 to 17 July. Throughout her stay the care she received was exemplary. It could not be faulted in any way. In addition the staff found time to be totally supportive of my husband and me. In particular I must mention 3 nurses. On the day of my daughters operation your kindness and compassion truly saved a distraught mother from total melt down. I could not have got through that day without your support. Despite your hectic work schedule you always found time to reassure us about our daughter's progress. It was much appreciated. So if you or a loved one become a patient on this ward please do no worry. Every member of staff will be in there to ensure your rapid recovery and discharge home?

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 23 July 2016

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 July 2016

Patient feedback is extremely important to us so thank you for taking the time to pass your comments over. We will pass your comments over to Ward 21 who will be delighted to hear your kind words. We wish your daughter a speedy recovery.

Gail Carr gave Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ward 4/QEH

I would like to highly commend the staff of ward 4 .With very few exceptions they could not have done any more to assist my mam , and all of the family through my mams illness and death . We are a large family which has its difficulties for very busy staff and possibly other patients but we were treated with timely kindness , thoughtfulness and professionalism .From domestic staff to consultant and senior ward sister , nothing was a bother and I would like to thank them all from the bottom of my heart and urge them to keep up the good work !

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 24 July 2016

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 July 2016

Please accept our deepest condolences for your loss on behalf of everybody at QE Gateshead. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about ward 4. It’s always very heartening when families take the time to let us know when we’ve provided such a good service, particularly during such a sensitive time. We will, of course, share this with the team on Ward 4 who will really appreciate such kind words.

Anonymous gave at Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

First class attention

I was admitted to Ward 4 on Monday 9 May with lung problems. Throughout my 4-day stay I was treat with the utmost respect and kindness by all staff at every level.

As my bed was situated near the nurses' station, I was able to observe how very busy they were and how they coped calmly and professionally.

I was kept informed about treatments and results, and had all my questions answered fully.

Well done Ward 4 - keep up the good work!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 18 May 2016

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 May 2016

Our staff take great pride in patient care and are always delighted to read such positive experiences from people visiting our hospital. Thanks for taking the time to feedback and we hope you feel better soon.

Kathleen Starck gave Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Still in shock

I was in a RTA at 8-15 on the 23/05/16, after 3 hours stuck in my car while the fire brigade cut the roof off and waiting for a ambulance I was taken to A&E only for whoever was in charge that night to tell the ambulance me to put me on a chair in the waiting room, now I realise I hadn't broken anything although they didn't no at the time no consideration was taken for my pain or the trauma I had just been through. I sat in shock for approx a hour until I was called into a room to find out it was only to get my blood pressure taken and it would be at least 3 hrs until I saw a doctor, I was so upset I signed myself out I cudnt take anymore upset. For what I had been through the treatment or lack of it was disgraceful.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 27 May 2016

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 May 2016

We're so sorry to hear that you have had a bad experience at the QE. We'd be keen to understand what's gone wrong, and how we might be able to learn from this. If you'd be interested in telling us more about your experience please contact our PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service) on 0800 953 0667 or pals@ghnt.nhs.uk

Graham H gave Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant staff on ward 22

My elderly mother was admitted to the QE hospital on March 30th and transferred to ward 22 from A&E within a couple of hours. I arrived an hour or two later and the staff were absolutely brilliant from the moment I arrived up to the time she died peacefully on Friday the 1st April. Their communications were very good and their care for all the very ill stroke patients was truly exceptional.
Very heartfelt thanks to the nurses and doctors on ward 22 from Graham, John, Michael and Stephen.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 23 April 2016

Gateshead Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 April 2016

Please accept our deepest condolences for your loss on behalf of everybody at QE Gateshead. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about ward 22. It’s always very heartening when families take the time to let us know when we’ve provided such a good service, particularly during such a sensitive time. We will, of course, share this with the team on Ward 22 who will really appreciate such kind words.