The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

01384 456111 South Block, Russells Hall Hospital, Pensnett Road , Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 2HQ

Clareallcock gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

gI unit for endoscopy

4th October GI unit

The booking in nurse charming communicative friendly clear and concise. I knew exactly what would happen, when and wher

The doctor and the 2 nurses were also kind caring and Llayed any anxiety. I was offered sedation and given advice about follow up management before the procedure.

Everything about this unit is seemless in its delivery. They make you feel important , they care and they Don't rush you. I cannot rate this department highly enough

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 October 2017

Dear Clare,
Thank you for your comments about the outstanding care and support you received by the staff in our GI Unit. It is always lovely to receive positive comments and they are a real boost for our staff who work so hard striving to provide the best possible care to our patients. We will be pleased to pass your feedback on to the department.

Anonymous gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Surgical assessment unit

Sent by go for unspecified abdompain

Staff at front desk totally disinterested in people they are caring about. I sat in a hard upright chair for 8 hours. I had the usual routine of bloods X-ray examination which you expect but there was no communication in beween as to why we were waiting for interpretation. I was offered no analgesia just a bottle of water . I work for the trust and I was ashamed to watch my colleagues disinterest and disprprportionate fixation with filling out paperwork and chatting. There was little or no privacy, confidentiality was lacking .

i understand staff are busy. I understand staff have targets to meet. What I don't understand is why staff feel threatened when being asked what the wait is all about. I don't think it's accep to be made to feel you are questioning the wait. This department could do a lot better

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Robert Grainger gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

US Scans performed on Saturday 14th October 2017

I had to attend Russells Hall Hospital on the morning of Saturday 14th October, 2017.
My appointment was for 9.00 am, for two ultra sound scans.
I arrived about 8.45 am and was promptly checked in, and directed where to go.
The member of staff who was performing the US scans, greeted me, by my name, as I approached the area of the Department in question, and said that they would see me straight away. The member of staff did so. Performed the scans in an efficient and caring manner. All the time the member of staff was chatting to me,, making me feel relaxed and at ease.
I did not get their name, but this was the most caring and efficient and dedicated person you could wish to meet.
I thanked the member of staff for their kindness, and said what a fantastic job I thought they were doing.
I hope that you are able to identify this member of staff, and give them the praise they deserve. A credit to the hospital. I had left the hospital before my appointment time was due. Brilliant service.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 15 October 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 October 2017

Dear Robert,
Thank you for your kind words.
It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback regarding our staff.
I will bring your comments to the attention of the manager for Radiology to identify the staff member in question, who will be able to pass on your praise accordingly.

Anonymous gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Bi-lateral Inguinal hernia repair day surgery

Just wanted to thank everyone on the day surgery team that dealt with me today. Friendly, efficient, and op seems to be complete success, no pain (yet), just a bit sore. First time I've needed NHS hospital since I was a small child. We're so fortunate to have such a wonderful institution, staffed by such caring and capable clinicians. No praise is high enough. Thank you.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 September 2017

We are delighted you were so pleased with the care you received during your stay and that you were so well looked after, informed, reassured and supported at such an anxious time.
We will of course feed your kind comments to the manager in charge of Day Surgery who will in turn inform the rest of the team who will be delighted.

Forgetful gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service in Eye Clinic

I mixed up the days of my appointment in the Eye Clinic at Russells Hall Hospital and turned up a day too late, having missed my appointment the day before. I felt terrible for not attending but the member of staff on reception could not have been more understanding. They went above and beyond to contact my consultant's secretary on my behalf to arrange for another appointment for me. This appointment arrived in the post a few days later. I'll be sure not to miss this one!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 August 2017

Thank you for posting feedback about your experience of the eye clinic. It is fantastic to hear that you found our member of reception staff to be so helpful during your visit. We have passed your kind comments onto the team.

Lovely professional staff in ED

Thank you to the lovely staff in your emergency department who looked after my 5 year so well after a potential head injury from a trampoline accident. Everyone was very helpful the nurse who interacted with my child was great and made it all very easy . Told me what to look out for gave us some info and said to just call if I was at all worried. Excellent service all within an hour and half on a Saturday.
Just get the tablet PCs fixed In the waiting room.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 August 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 August 2017

Thank you for posting feedback about your child’s experience of our Emergency Department. We are pleased to hear that you were impressed with the care and treatment your child received and that our staff helped put your both at ease during your visit. We have passed your kind comments onto the team.

Anonymous reviewed The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

My son glandular fever no bed after 27 hours ,no hot drink

My son been in Russell's hall hospital since 3pm Sunday,after 27 hours no hot drink offered and no hot food only a sandwich after 27 hours,no bed just on a trolley,told this morning had to have a scan and more bloods done and still waiting 8 hours later, and all I get is a nurse rolling their eyes at me,I'm a HCA myself and would be had for neglect if I left my patient in same way, disgusting,had no blanket to sleep with had to use his coat,and this is acceptable on surgical assessment unit,

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 12 December 2016

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your son's visit to Russells Hall Hospital. We are very sorry to hear that you have been so unhappy with your son’s experience of our Surgical Assessment Unit.

We always aim to offer the highest standards of care and so it is very disappoint that we fell short of those standards during your son’s visit.

We would welcome the opportunity to look into the issues you have raised. If you would like us to do this, contact our Matron for Surgery via the main switchboard on 01384 456111.

patpric3 gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Very caring

I had to go through NHS England to convince my friends gp that she had the right to choose where she could have her care. For personal reasons she didn't want to use her GPS choice of hospital. When we arrived at xray there was some confusion with the reception because it was not the usual form even though the situation had been discussed with a radiologist by the practice manager. This caused my friend considerable distress. However once this hiccup was overcome she was extremely impressed with the efficiency of xray and all the staff she interacted with. We had reason to return to the surgery within an hour of leaving xray and the surgery obtained the results within the hour. Within twenty four hours my friend had received an appointment for a cat scan and a consultant appointment. She is obviously aware of the fast track system and it's relevant implications however as a retired practice manager she was extremely impressed. Well Done Russell's hall.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 24 December 2016

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 January 2017

Thank you, Pat, for posting feedback about your friend’s experience of Russells Hall Hospital. It is wonderful to know that she was impressed by the quick and efficient service she received from our staff during her visit to X-ray. We have passed your kind comments onto the X-ray team.

Anonymous gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great treatment from the orthopaedic team

Had a real problem with my knee for years and the team at Corbett under the consultant were thorough, polite and kept me informed the whole time during my several visits and scans. Can't thank them enough.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 15 August 2017

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 August 2017

Thank you for posting feedback about Corbett Outpatient Centre. We are pleased to hear that you were impressed with the care you received from your consultant and their team and that you were kept well informed about your treatment. We have passed your comments onto the orthopaedic team.

Anonymous gave The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Five hour wait at Russells Hall A&E!!

My son was taken by ambulance to Russells Hall hospital. After two hours he was triaged and told there was then a further three hour wait to see an ambulatory doctor! We decided to go leave and go to our own GP but were given no information from the hospital to take. The triage nurse was miserable (obviously under a lot of pressure and stress), there was a constantly long queue at reception with one person dealing with visitors and two sitting chatting behind them. Thank goodness we don't live in Dudley!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 23 September 2016

The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about your experience of our A&E Department. We are sorry to hear that you were unimpressed with the service you received during your son's visit.

In line with hospitals nationally, we aim to see, treat, admit or discharge all of our patients within four hours of arriving at A&E and so we are sorry if your son waited longer than this.

All patients arriving in A&E are triaged and clinical priority is given based on the nature and severity of a patient's illness or injury. This means that the most poorly patients are seen first.

If you would like us to look into this further, please contact A&E matron Rachel Tomkins via the main switchboard 01384 456111. Meanwhile we have passed your comments onto to matron and lead nurse.