Pain Management Solutions

0800 034 0406 Head Office, Longfields Court, Wharncliffe Business Park , Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 3GN

hlnsxx gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

Sacriston

This couldn't have been a better experience, the guys were lovely, informative and not in the least bit judgemental. As silly as it sounds I'm extremely sad that the six weeks are over, those Wednesday afternoons spent with a small group of ladies who were all so different from myself suffering with similar issues was like a group therapy session! Everyone there was so supportive and uplifting including the two guys running the course. I'm so glad I signed up for this and it really has helped in ways I never thought it would. Lads if you see this I just wanna say thank you so much and I've already used my flare up plans!

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 13 October 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 15 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our service on NHS Choices and share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the pain management programme, that you took valuable information away from it and you are putting what you have learnt into practice. Staff receive regular communication regarding patient feedback and they will be pleased to hear your positive comments.

Ron gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

really really bad

i waited nearly 1 year to see this person i had been suffering since then as my doctor told me only a pain specialist could help me before i was due to go see him it had took me around 2 weeks to fill in a form with everything that was wrong problems it was causing in my life we put everything in there when i arrived at the appointment i was shocked to see the specialist had a ripped of piece of papers and pen i sat down for 40 mins he was asking me question that i had already put in the form he should have had and looked threw it was obvious to me he had not read one thing i had put in the forms i left with some chilli cream i was so mad that this guy had wasted a year of my life because he could not be bothered to read my form telling me at the end of the appointment i suffer chronic pain he was treating my like this had just happen when it was 10 yr old injury upset is a understatement so im back to not sleep at night pain most the day.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 01 November 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 15 November 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our service and provide your feedback. I am extremely sorry that you were disappointed with the service you received from IPMS. We regularly monitor our referral to treatment wait times to ensure that patients are seen within the 18week national key performance indicator. Our regional contract managers monitor capacity to ensure that there are appointments available and typically there are appointments available within 4 weeks of referral, therefore, I am extremely shocked to hear that you waited one year for an initial assessment appointment. Please may I encourage you to contact us by telephone, post or email to express a formal complaint to allow us to fully investigate and respond to your concerns.

Andy gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

Lower back pain treatment 5STAR TREATMENT

I have been through the pain management system for nearly 2 years.
This has been a great experience. They have helped me through different phases of treatment ranging from acupuncture to steroid injections and beyond.
5 stars for the pain management team.
Although there is no magic pill to fix anyone’s ailments this service goes a long way to helping you find a way forward.
Thank you all at pain management.
Andy
Telford area.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 07 November 2018

Dear Andy,
Thank you for taking the time to review our service on NHS Choices and share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you gained significant benefit from the treatment provided by IPMS. I will share your comments with the Telford team who will pleased to read your praise and learn that you have shared your positive experience. Thank you.

Adrian gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

Excellent if you enter with an open mind & commit to it

Essentially, you get out positive results if you listen, engage and try to follow the advice relevant to you. I fear people are not giving it chance and are expecting miracles..

I was on a course designed to help you live with chronic pain, they cannot get rid of it, I feel people have unrealistic expectations.

I missed the first session of six due to a mix up, but they did their best to get me up to speed and offered a one to one to cover fully. On week 2 they bought 2 courses together because of lack of numbers yet by week 5 there were still only 4 left!

The course has helped improve my walking and sleeping posture, made me understand why pacing every activity is essential and improve my mindset, along with providing many other little nuggets of useful information, covering a wide range of mental and physical areas that add up to make a positive difference.

I have chronic pain following a no so successful spinal fusion from 10 years ago and I work part time in teaching and I hope the positives continue to make a difference when I return to school.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 19 August 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 28 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our service. I am delighted to hear that you have had a positive experience and gained benefit from accessing our service.

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 4 stars

Very informative but you must have a open mind.

I learnt a lot about myself. Every thing was explained very well. The two ladies were kind and listened to every thing the patients wanted to say. I found the mindfulness quite hard to understand,but it is about helping yourself.I am not very good at relaxing so the breathing has been helping also the exercises.There is a lot of paper work to read which is all so helpful and I am putting this to good use. But again you have to have a open mind it is not a cure,and I believe it will help me in the long term.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 25 August 2018

Unhappy customer gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Useless service

So called professional wouldn't allow me to talk about my disc problem, she asked no relevant questions, I managed to get about 5 words in during the entire meeting, gave me a photo copy of something to read and told me to download an app to my phone (pointless as the app won't run on my old phone).

That's the total and utter extent of her ability after 6 months and 2 visits to see her.

"Pain management solutions" should not be allowed ANY income from the NHS what so ever.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 July 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 11 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our service and pass on your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear that you have not had a positive experience of our service. We would be very grateful if you could please contact us to submit a formal complaint so that we can fully investigate your concerns and identify possible future learning.

A Walsham gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

Life Changing

I'm so surprised to see the low star rating for this service. I honestly feel that this is life changing. You need to be prepared to be open, honest with yourself and want to help yourself. Then you have so many tools at hand.

The women that ran my course were incredible. They both have chronic pain and know how we feel. They are incredibly knowledgeable and they are absolute gold dust.

The mindfulness, relaxation and meditation techniques. The posture exercises, nutrition, medication reviews. Then there is the intense understanding of the brain, nervous system and chemistry that really gives you what you need to move forward. Knowledge is power and this is just that. Exactly that.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 01 August 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 02 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive experience of InHealth Pain Management Solutions on NHS Choices. We are delighted that you have fully engaged in treatment and are gaining the full benefit of what we have to offer.
Best Wishes
Emily Byatt
IPMS Quality and Governance Manager

Maxine Warner gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

An eye opener

This course has made me think in an entirely different way about my pain. I knew exercise was key but breathing, mindfulness and pacing has really helped. I don’t think I’m totally there yet with all the tools suggested however I’m trying!
The two women who instructed at my course were knowledgeable, sympathetic and great to listen to. They were also very passionate about how people move forward in dealing with chronic pain and they cared.
Meeting others in the group has been wonderful because you know that with like minded people there is a friendly bond right from the start. One of the other patients remarked that it’s good to know that you are not alone with your pain and I agree.
This has been an eye opener and I am glad that I attended the course. Thank you.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 29 August 2018

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Not Good Experience

I am saddened that my experience with such a poor, offensive, unprofessional employee on a Pain Management Programme has left me feeling upset, angered and not helped in any way. Feeling bullied, ranted at and offended by someone who claimed to be a specialist, while showing complete ignorance of my health issues and ongoing needs left me astonished.
Something is badly wrong here and I will be making a formal complaint.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 15 June 2018

Dear Patient
I am extremely disappointed to hear that you have had a negative experience of our service but would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review and pass on this feedback. Our group pain management programme is intended to be a safe, supportive environment for patients to learn how to develop pain self-coping strategies. I am pleased that you have or are going to contact our head office to log your complaint formally as this will allow us to fully investigate your concerns. We will complete our investigation and respond to you within 20 working days.
Emily Byatt, Quality and Governance Manager

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Good care but shambolic service

I received helpful care from the clinician. However GPs and patients should avoid using this service until it improves on its administration. Since I was referred, there have been at least 7 occasions where they have made mistakes- booking appointments at the wrong time, sending incorrect information out, not cancelling an appointment I told them I couldn't attend, and not communicating important information to the clinicians/therapists. The people on the phones are always friendly, however, PMS either need to hire more people or change the administration system because it clearly isn't working

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 13 April 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 24 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our service on NHS Choices. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced mistakes regarding the booking and scheduling of your appointments. We are in the process of rolling out a new electronic notes and booking system. This new system offers improved communication between the clinical and administration teams and I am hopeful that this will greatly improve the customer care we provide. Emily Byatt, IPMS Quality and Governance Manager