Pain Management Solutions

0800 034 0406 Head Office, Longfields Court, Wharncliffe Business Park , Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 3GN

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Good care but shambolic service

I received helpful care from the clinician. However GPs and patients should avoid using this service until it improves on its administration. Since I was referred, there have been at least 7 occasions where they have made mistakes- booking appointments at the wrong time, sending incorrect information out, not cancelling an appointment I told them I couldn't attend, and not communicating important information to the clinicians/therapists. The people on the phones are always friendly, however, PMS either need to hire more people or change the administration system because it clearly isn't working

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 13 April 2018

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Attending for back and leg pain also groin pain

This is my 2nd attempt of visits as stopped first sessions with CBT as no one bothered to show up for appointment after 36 mile round journey

have been told to think positive think what if, accept the pain and also meditation for sleep although i get a lot of leg and groin pain while lying in bed this makes trying to get some sleep harder i also wake through the night with pain and never seem to be able to get into deep sleep or not as often as needed, have asked now for a referral to NHS pain management program as i feel they think I'm seeing them for a laugh 36 mile round trip to be told the above and it is also the back consultants same view that i be referral to NHS pain programs waiting on call now from pain management solutions as my CBT Professional did not know how to refer me said i will call in few days on the 14th had to ring them myself on 20th and they new nothing about this telephone appointment booked now for weeks time lots of messing about and far to unprofessional

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 21 March 2018

Grateful gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional care thank you

Yesterday I was treated at the Holme Valley Memorial Hospital in the mobile unit. After 15 months of constant severe lower back and sciatic pain, I finally got relief! There were four staff members, each one was extremely kind polite and compassionate. I was treat in a very dignified manner, and all my concerns and questions were answered. Considering that the team had already attended to 10 patients with a similar problem to my own that day, they were amazing. Thank you all so much. This morning my pain is much reduced, not gone, that's too big an ask, but I am extremely grateful to you all.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 21 February 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 21 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our NHS Choices page. We are delighted to hear that you were impressed with the care you received from the mobile injection clinic team. I will pass on your words of gratitude. I know that the team pride themselves on delivering a high standard of customer care. I hope that the intervention you received helps facilitate your rehabilitation and function allowing you the opportunity to do more of the activities you enjoy doing.
Best Wishes
InHealth Pain Management Solutions Quality and Governance Manager

Ellen gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

My appointment

I have just had my second appointment at Taunton pain management after having back and leg pain for 23 months,following on from spinal fusion.
They treated me with respect,listened to me and I feel very well supported.
With their input I am now coming off my zomorph continuing with pregabalin which has an excellent result

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 February 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on NHS Choices. I am delighted to hear you have had a positive experience with Taunton Pain Management. Regrettably, we do not run a service in that region and therefore I think that it is highly unlikely you were seen by InHealth Pain Management Solutions.
Quality and Governance Manager, InHealth Pain Management Solutions

Julie George gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Pain management??? Highly unlikely in this set up.

I have just had an appointment at your clinic at Rochdale infirmary, 11am Sun 11th Feb. This was for steroid injections, which l've been having via the NHS for about 8 years, bi-annually, to relieve the pain in my spine caused by 2 prolapsed discs and arthiritis. I have previously always been under the care of a Dr.

The clinician today pressed on several areas of my lower back asking each time if l felt pain. I didn't, and explained that the pain is deep inside. He then proceeded to tell me that the proposed injections were of no use to me as they would not alleviate my pain!! And although l've been having them for 8+ years with great success! I had to ask him several times to speak more slowly as he was foreign, with a very strong accent.

He said begrudgingly that he would still do them if l wanted. I immediately decided not to have them partly because of his attitude, and because by having that attitude he wouldn't be too gentle! Also because they were to to be given in a mobile unit which to me didn't seem very sterile-my belongings hanging on a peg in the "theatre", outdoor shoes being worn etc.

I then went to put my coat on and another doctor who ( l can provide his name) had obviously been listening to my conversation with the clinician, said "l might just tell you that it IS very sterile in here...this is the air conditioning, this is a new bed..." As the zip on my coat got stuck, l glanced down to it and he spat out "Oh well, if you're not even listening, what's the use?" I am absolutely disgusted at his remark. Completely unacceptable. Extremely and unnecessarily rude.

There was also a nurse in the room and and as she at least had not made any derogatory remarks, l pointedly thanked her and said goodbye- she simply blanked me and looked away!

I will be informing my GP and Dr's secretary of your company's unprofessional attitudes by all of these 3 people. Your company is obviously creaming off money from the NHS which obviously is funded by the public and we expect at least some measure of courtesy. I'm 60 and have never been treated so discourteously by any sector of the NHS.

I await your response.

Julie George.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 February 2018

Dear Julie

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns via NHS Choices. You raise a number of concerns and I would like to fully investigate this through our formal complaints process to ensure that I can provide you with a detailed response. I note that you were seen on our mobile injection unit as part of our waiting list initiative with Pennine Acute Hospital Trust. I recognise that the mobile injection unit is a different environment to where you have previously received your injection treatment at the hospital but please let me take this opportunity to reassure you that our injections are performed by Consultant's in Pain Medicine, within an minor ops suite environment using aseptic techniques. We have a high specification C-arm x-ray machine as all spinal injections are performed under x-ray guidance.

We will investigate your complaint and respond within the next 20 working days.
Quality and Governance Manager, InHealth Pain Management Solutions

Kim Ridgway-Bates gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Very Poor Service

After being in Pain for more than 10 years with CFS, OA, Fybromyalgia, Systemic Bursitis and Tendonitis amongst my long list I was referred to Pain Management Solutions so I went full of hope. I had to wait 8 months for a medication review and then a further 2 for them to write to my GP. I was only offered CBT and when I asked about all the services quoted on NHS website they said they were not medically trained and only a Solution service rather than an actual Pain Clinic. I have attended several times to get there and my appointment has been cancelled with no notification. It cost me valuable monies by taxi or bus to attend these appointments. So disappointed a certainly a waste of NHS money

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 15 May 2018

Waste of NHS money.

This 'service' is an utter waste of time and money. They give pain education, which is just totally condescending. I have been in pain for 7 years, I do not need 'educating' from someone who has minimal qualifications.

I understand there needs to be a reduction in the prescription of opiates, but for those of us with serious illnesses breathing techniques won't do anything. Trying to replace morphine with slow breathing! It's so absurd it would be funny if it wasn't my quality of life at stake.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 28 March 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 27 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our service on NHS Choices. I am disappointed to hear that you are dissatisfied with the treatment you have received. If you would be willing to contact us by phone/email or post, we would be happy to log your concerns and investigate your complaint fully. At IPMS we use evidence based practice and pain self-coping strategies (for example; pacing, goal setting, exercise and relaxation) have been proven to be an effective treatment for persistent pain.
Yours Sincerely
Emily Byatt, IPMS Quality and Governance Manager

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

My experience with pain management

I found that I was given very good advice and helpful information and the people teaching explained it very clearly.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 01 February 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 15 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our NHS Choices website. I am delighted to hear that you have gained benefit from accessing our community based pain management service.
Quality and Governance Manager at InHealth Pain Management Solutions

Poor consultation

I had my caudal epidural injection on the 31st Jan at the mobile unit based at Croft Shifer heath centre in Rochdale.On the 1st of Feb I telephoned In health pain manage to complain about the experience.I received a reply to my complaint approx 20 days later with the usual apologies for my points on the experience.The doctor didn’t even do a risk assessment on me the whole procedure took less than 20 minutes I didn’t even remove my clothes I thought the threate was unsterile and my coat and handbag were hanging up on a peg in front of me it was a very bad experience all round.You don’t get the care and attention you receive on day surgery.I realise they need to get waiting lists down but not this way.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 13 March 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 27 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience of our service. I regret that you were not satisfied with the care you received. We recognise that the mobile injection facility looks different to the hospital theatre environment, however, the procedures performed are delivered under the same aseptic techniques and therefore the environment is clean, sterile and fit for purpose. We are in the process of developing a patient information leaflet for our mobile injection facility in the hope that this will better prepare patients about what to expect on the day of treatment.
Yours Sincerely
Emily Byatt, IPMS Quality and Governance Manager

Andy gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Worst experience of my life

PMS are a private organisation. FACT

PMS are funded by the NHS. FACT

The NHS are funded by the tax payer. FACT

PMS did not make my condition any better. FACT

My condition has got worse since seeing PMS. FACT

I have made a formal complaint against PMS. FACT

PMS staff upset me and deeply offended me. FACT

In MY OPINION PMS are not fit for purpose. MY OPINION (AKA review)

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 28 April 2018