Pain Management Solutions

0800 034 0406 Head Office, Longfields Court, Wharncliffe Business Park , Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 3GN

Julie George gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Pain management??? Highly unlikely in this set up.

I have just had an appointment at your clinic at Rochdale infirmary, 11am Sun 11th Feb. This was for steroid injections, which l've been having via the NHS for about 8 years, bi-annually, to relieve the pain in my spine caused by 2 prolapsed discs and arthiritis. I have previously always been under the care of a Dr.

The clinician today pressed on several areas of my lower back asking each time if l felt pain. I didn't, and explained that the pain is deep inside. He then proceeded to tell me that the proposed injections were of no use to me as they would not alleviate my pain!! And although l've been having them for 8+ years with great success! I had to ask him several times to speak more slowly as he was foreign, with a very strong accent.

He said begrudgingly that he would still do them if l wanted. I immediately decided not to have them partly because of his attitude, and because by having that attitude he wouldn't be too gentle! Also because they were to to be given in a mobile unit which to me didn't seem very sterile-my belongings hanging on a peg in the "theatre", outdoor shoes being worn etc.

I then went to put my coat on and another doctor who ( l can provide his name) had obviously been listening to my conversation with the clinician, said "l might just tell you that it IS very sterile in here...this is the air conditioning, this is a new bed..." As the zip on my coat got stuck, l glanced down to it and he spat out "Oh well, if you're not even listening, what's the use?" I am absolutely disgusted at his remark. Completely unacceptable. Extremely and unnecessarily rude.

There was also a nurse in the room and and as she at least had not made any derogatory remarks, l pointedly thanked her and said goodbye- she simply blanked me and looked away!

I will be informing my GP and Dr's secretary of your company's unprofessional attitudes by all of these 3 people. Your company is obviously creaming off money from the NHS which obviously is funded by the public and we expect at least some measure of courtesy. I'm 60 and have never been treated so discourteously by any sector of the NHS.

I await your response.

Julie George.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 February 2018

Dear Julie

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns via NHS Choices. You raise a number of concerns and I would like to fully investigate this through our formal complaints process to ensure that I can provide you with a detailed response. I note that you were seen on our mobile injection unit as part of our waiting list initiative with Pennine Acute Hospital Trust. I recognise that the mobile injection unit is a different environment to where you have previously received your injection treatment at the hospital but please let me take this opportunity to reassure you that our injections are performed by Consultant's in Pain Medicine, within an minor ops suite environment using aseptic techniques. We have a high specification C-arm x-ray machine as all spinal injections are performed under x-ray guidance.

We will investigate your complaint and respond within the next 20 working days.
Quality and Governance Manager, InHealth Pain Management Solutions

Ellen gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

My appointment

I have just had my second appointment at Taunton pain management after having back and leg pain for 23 months,following on from spinal fusion.
They treated me with respect,listened to me and I feel very well supported.
With their input I am now coming off my zomorph continuing with pregabalin which has an excellent result

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 February 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on NHS Choices. I am delighted to hear you have had a positive experience with Taunton Pain Management. Regrettably, we do not run a service in that region and therefore I think that it is highly unlikely you were seen by InHealth Pain Management Solutions.
Quality and Governance Manager, InHealth Pain Management Solutions

Grateful gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional care thank you

Yesterday I was treated at the Holme Valley Memorial Hospital in the mobile unit. After 15 months of constant severe lower back and sciatic pain, I finally got relief! There were four staff members, each one was extremely kind polite and compassionate. I was treat in a very dignified manner, and all my concerns and questions were answered. Considering that the team had already attended to 10 patients with a similar problem to my own that day, they were amazing. Thank you all so much. This morning my pain is much reduced, not gone, that's too big an ask, but I am extremely grateful to you all.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 21 February 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 21 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our NHS Choices page. We are delighted to hear that you were impressed with the care you received from the mobile injection clinic team. I will pass on your words of gratitude. I know that the team pride themselves on delivering a high standard of customer care. I hope that the intervention you received helps facilitate your rehabilitation and function allowing you the opportunity to do more of the activities you enjoy doing.
Best Wishes
InHealth Pain Management Solutions Quality and Governance Manager

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

My experience with pain management

I found that I was given very good advice and helpful information and the people teaching explained it very clearly.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 01 February 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 15 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our NHS Choices website. I am delighted to hear that you have gained benefit from accessing our community based pain management service.
Quality and Governance Manager at InHealth Pain Management Solutions

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Shocked at sped of conclusion

Attended as last resort have suffered back and neck pain 10 years use of painkillers caused dependence!
So no more painkillers now suffer from horrendous headaches .
Saw neuro staff, two actually, and I'm on I think fifth treatment to see what works best .
Attended today person in charge after I think fifteen minutes told the good news, they are giving me painkillers and taking me off my prescribed treatment .after the laughter in my head I thought they were mad painkillers last thing I want.
My memory is bad now due I believe to headaches but after five minutes I asked why they were taking me off headache treatment their jaw dropped and they said they thought I was on the treatment for back pain .
As they had a laptop in front of them with my history on it I decided not to accept their offer and leave .
I am booked to see a physio in about a year time look forward to that going to have letter mounted as trophy.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 01 December 2017

Pain Management Solutions replied on 03 December 2017

We are very sorry to hear of dissatisfaction with our service. If patients make us aware through our complaints process we will always investigate concerns and respond to them promptly. We appreciate any opportunity that allows us to make improvements as necessary.

Anonymous reviewed Pain Management Solutions

Long term degenerative chronic pain sufferer due for treatm

I am a 73 year old male with severe degenerative lumbar and cervical spondylosis.
I am due for my first appointment shortly and after reading reviews I am full of trepidation. The answers to peoples comments are absolutely full of cut and paste stock industrial style answers which do nor respond to the complaints or say anything about how they will address them. It is apparent even from the review answers that the private company is using tick box treatments probably being paid by sliding scale payments calculated by movement and progression on so called plans and reduction of expensive drug use! I will however keep an open mind and give it a good shot as its service does seem to vary from place to place and I might be lucky.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 07 December 2017

Dear Sir
Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on our NHS Choices page. I regret that the information available for you to review caused you trepidation and you did not feel that the responses from IPMS addressed the issues raised. I am pleased that you still intend to attend your appointments with our multi-disciplinary pain service and I am hopeful that you will benefit from our holistic approach.
Please let me take this opportunity to reassure you that we deliver a cost-effective evidence based service to our patients. We act in accordance with the terms of our NHS contracts and provide regular quality data reports to the Clinical Commissioning Groups with details of a range of key performance indicators including access to our service and our patient reported outcome measure data. One of the ways in which we are able to save the NHS money is by supporting patients to learn a range of pain self-coping strategies which in turn has been proven to allow patients to reduce their reliance on passive treatments such as medications and injection therapy.
I hope that I have adequately responded to the concerns you have raised.
Quality and Governance Manager at InHealth Pain Management Solutions

Still In Pain gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Wouldn't give it one star.

I'm now on my fourth person at PMS and in my last appointment we agreed I needed to see them consistently every 3 weeks. We agreed to cancel what was booked and reschedule at the end of the month where they would be able to book a string of appointments. We agreed 4pm. The letter I get through has two appointments in 2 months time, a week apart and at 9:30am. I call to be told they are fully booked till December, doesn't work past 3:30 and why didn't I go to yesterdays cancelled appointment.

Why does the NHS pay for this. I've been through 4 rounds of different pain management programs and this is by far the worst and the biggest waste of time.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Pain Management Solutions replied on 11 October 2017

We are very sorry to hear concerns that we failed to meet our usual high standards when booking appointments to facilitate the right care being delivered by the right person at the right time.
If patients make us aware of any concerns through our complaints process we will always investigate and respond to them promptly. We appreciate any opportunity that allows us to make improvements as necessary.

Denise Frain gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

First Class Sevvice

Today I rang PMS because I had not received a letter indicating when my Bi Lateral Facet Joint Injections would be administered. I was due to have them done mid November.
The person who took my call listened to what I had to say and they then explained to me that they needed to speak to a Clinician and would ring me back. As promised they rang me back and explained that the Clinician would ring me back when they had studied my notes. I was very surprised when I got my call back to be told by the Clinician they had managed to sort out an appointment to take more medical details (it would appear I had missed an appointment; I had not receive the letter) and a date for my injection which I would get on time.
I had received so much bad press about PMS, however the service I received by the clerical staff was excellent. If the appointment I have for my injections with PMS is as good as the way I was treated at the NHS Hospital I will let you know!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 20 October 2017

Pain Management Solutions replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your positive experience about our service. This has been shared with the relevant teams as your feedback is so important to us.

waste of time

Does not have the doctors or specialists to support the service. Have been waiting weeks for a basic medications review. Full of corporate and customer service language . Does not provide a service.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 27 October 2017

Pain Management Solutions replied on 01 November 2017

We are very sorry to hear of dissatisfaction with our service. We do endeavour to provide a high level of service to each individual on every occasion and we review the demand for our service on a regular basis and make changes wherever we can.

Review experience pain management

What a waste of time and NHS money
Second appointment again answer questions treated as though thick, I have 26 years senior nurse experience yet person assessing me did not have first idea about what is wrong with me or understanding of illness or drugs,
Never been treated in such a condescending manner.
Nothing of value given so was asked did I wish to go on to next plan we'll never achieved anything off first but feel you have too. There is no point to this service it's third rate and money should be better well spent on offering more hydrotherapy or time in heated pools things which are proven to help
Not wasting your time attending things which are not helpful.
Their service doesn't listen when you ask to not have appoint,ends on certain days due to being seen at specialist centres on those days but guess what that was ignored and appointments arrive for those days.
More time wasted trying to change them, then attend next appointment and they cancel them.
I feel this is a for, filling, waste of time, causes more stress, employs staff with no knowledge of difficult illness, what a Con !!
I agree there are various ways too manage pain, but this is not o e which is helpful at all.
Money could be pit to better resources
Pain is what the patient says it is
Everyone is different we are all individuals and not only have pain limiting conditions either
There is a wider puctureBe more helpful if the staff employed had a wider knowledge or may be not treat another medical person perhaps.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 July 2017

Pain Management Solutions replied on 01 August 2017

We are very sorry that we failed to deliver our desired high standard of customer care on this occasion. Patient feedback is of great importance to us, as it enables us to continually assess the quality of the service we provide. We do endeavour to provide a high level of service to each individual on every occasion and we review the demand for our service on a regular basis and make changes wherever we can. We have a robust complaint policy that allows us to investigate and respond to concerns promptly.
InHealth Pain Management Solutions (IPMS) focus is on self-management strategies and rehabilitation as there is good evidence that this helps people living with persisting pain to manage pain in the long term. We are sorry that on this occasion, it appears that we did not communicate a clear enough understanding of our approach and how it can be of benefit. We use validated assessment and outcome measures that are reported to our service commissioners along with the response from Family and Friend Tests. These demonstrate that the majority of our patients that complete their care plan have improved the quality of life, activity and function and are also satisfied with the service they received.
We are also very sorry to hear concerns that we failed to meet our usual high standards when booking appointments to facilitate the right care being delivered by the right person at the right time.