Pain Management Solutions

0800 034 0406 Head Office, Longfields Court, Wharncliffe Business Park , Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S71 3GN

Adrian gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

Excellent if you enter with an open mind & commit to it

Essentially, you get out positive results if you listen, engage and try to follow the advice relevant to you. I fear people are not giving it chance and are expecting miracles..

I was on a course designed to help you live with chronic pain, they cannot get rid of it, I feel people have unrealistic expectations.

I missed the first session of six due to a mix up, but they did their best to get me up to speed and offered a one to one to cover fully. On week 2 they bought 2 courses together because of lack of numbers yet by week 5 there were still only 4 left!

The course has helped improve my walking and sleeping posture, made me understand why pacing every activity is essential and improve my mindset, along with providing many other little nuggets of useful information, covering a wide range of mental and physical areas that add up to make a positive difference.

I have chronic pain following a no so successful spinal fusion from 10 years ago and I work part time in teaching and I hope the positives continue to make a difference when I return to school.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 19 August 2018

Pain Management Solutions has not yet replied.

Unhappy customer gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Useless service

So called professional wouldn't allow me to talk about my disc problem, she asked no relevant questions, I managed to get about 5 words in during the entire meeting, gave me a photo copy of something to read and told me to download an app to my phone (pointless as the app won't run on my old phone).

That's the total and utter extent of her ability after 6 months and 2 visits to see her.

"Pain management solutions" should not be allowed ANY income from the NHS what so ever.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 July 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 11 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our service and pass on your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear that you have not had a positive experience of our service. We would be very grateful if you could please contact us to submit a formal complaint so that we can fully investigate your concerns and identify possible future learning.
Emily Byatt, IPMS Quality and Governance Manager

A Walsham gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

Life Changing

I'm so surprised to see the low star rating for this service. I honestly feel that this is life changing. You need to be prepared to be open, honest with yourself and want to help yourself. Then you have so many tools at hand.

The women that ran my course were incredible. They both have chronic pain and know how we feel. They are incredibly knowledgeable and they are absolute gold dust.

The mindfulness, relaxation and meditation techniques. The posture exercises, nutrition, medication reviews. Then there is the intense understanding of the brain, nervous system and chemistry that really gives you what you need to move forward. Knowledge is power and this is just that. Exactly that.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 01 August 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 02 August 2018

Thank you for sharing your positive experience of InHealth Pain Management Solutions on NHS Choices. We are delighted that you have fully engaged in treatment and are gaining the full benefit of what we have to offer.
Best Wishes
IPMS Quality and Governance Manager

Not Good Experience

I am saddened that my experience with such a poor, offensive, unprofessional employee on a Pain Management Programme has left me feeling upset, angered and not helped in any way. Feeling bullied, ranted at and offended by someone who claimed to be a specialist, while showing complete ignorance of my health issues and ongoing needs left me astonished.
Something is badly wrong here and I will be making a formal complaint.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 15 June 2018

Dear Patient
I am extremely disappointed to hear that you have had a negative experience of our service but would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review and pass on this feedback. Our group pain management programme is intended to be a safe, supportive environment for patients to learn how to develop pain self-coping strategies. I am pleased that you have or are going to contact our head office to log your complaint formally as this will allow us to fully investigate your concerns. We will complete our investigation and respond to you within 20 working days.
Emily Byatt, Quality and Governance Manager

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Good care but shambolic service

I received helpful care from the clinician. However GPs and patients should avoid using this service until it improves on its administration. Since I was referred, there have been at least 7 occasions where they have made mistakes- booking appointments at the wrong time, sending incorrect information out, not cancelling an appointment I told them I couldn't attend, and not communicating important information to the clinicians/therapists. The people on the phones are always friendly, however, PMS either need to hire more people or change the administration system because it clearly isn't working

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 13 April 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 24 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our service on NHS Choices. I am sorry to hear that you have experienced mistakes regarding the booking and scheduling of your appointments. We are in the process of rolling out a new electronic notes and booking system. This new system offers improved communication between the clinical and administration teams and I am hopeful that this will greatly improve the customer care we provide. Emily Byatt, IPMS Quality and Governance Manager

Anonymous gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Attending for back and leg pain also groin pain

This is my 2nd attempt of visits as stopped first sessions with CBT as no one bothered to show up for appointment after 36 mile round journey

have been told to think positive think what if, accept the pain and also meditation for sleep although i get a lot of leg and groin pain while lying in bed this makes trying to get some sleep harder i also wake through the night with pain and never seem to be able to get into deep sleep or not as often as needed, have asked now for a referral to NHS pain management program as i feel they think I'm seeing them for a laugh 36 mile round trip to be told the above and it is also the back consultants same view that i be referral to NHS pain programs waiting on call now from pain management solutions as my CBT Professional did not know how to refer me said i will call in few days on the 14th had to ring them myself on 20th and they new nothing about this telephone appointment booked now for weeks time lots of messing about and far to unprofessional

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 21 March 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 06 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and review our service. I am sorry you have been disappointed with the service you have received. We would be happy to fully investigate your concerns through our formal complaint process. If you would like us to do this, please contact us by telephone/email or post to pass on your details. Please note that, depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible to reclaim some of your travel costs for attending NHS appointments. You can check you eligibility https://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Documents/HC5(T).pdf.
IPMS Quality and Governance Manager

Waste of NHS money.

This 'service' is an utter waste of time and money. They give pain education, which is just totally condescending. I have been in pain for 7 years, I do not need 'educating' from someone who has minimal qualifications.

I understand there needs to be a reduction in the prescription of opiates, but for those of us with serious illnesses breathing techniques won't do anything. Trying to replace morphine with slow breathing! It's so absurd it would be funny if it wasn't my quality of life at stake.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 28 March 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 27 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our service on NHS Choices. I am disappointed to hear that you are dissatisfied with the treatment you have received. If you would be willing to contact us by phone/email or post, we would be happy to log your concerns and investigate your complaint fully. At IPMS we use evidence based practice and pain self-coping strategies (for example; pacing, goal setting, exercise and relaxation) have been proven to be an effective treatment for persistent pain.
Emily Byatt, IPMS Quality and Governance Manager

Ellen gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

My appointment

I have just had my second appointment at Taunton pain management after having back and leg pain for 23 months,following on from spinal fusion.
They treated me with respect,listened to me and I feel very well supported.
With their input I am now coming off my zomorph continuing with pregabalin which has an excellent result

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 February 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 15 February 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on NHS Choices. I am delighted to hear you have had a positive experience with Taunton Pain Management. Regrettably, we do not run a service in that region and therefore I think that it is highly unlikely you were seen by InHealth Pain Management Solutions.
Quality and Governance Manager, InHealth Pain Management Solutions

Grateful gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional care thank you

Yesterday I was treated at the Holme Valley Memorial Hospital in the mobile unit. After 15 months of constant severe lower back and sciatic pain, I finally got relief! There were four staff members, each one was extremely kind polite and compassionate. I was treat in a very dignified manner, and all my concerns and questions were answered. Considering that the team had already attended to 10 patients with a similar problem to my own that day, they were amazing. Thank you all so much. This morning my pain is much reduced, not gone, that's too big an ask, but I am extremely grateful to you all.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 21 February 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 21 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our NHS Choices page. We are delighted to hear that you were impressed with the care you received from the mobile injection clinic team. I will pass on your words of gratitude. I know that the team pride themselves on delivering a high standard of customer care. I hope that the intervention you received helps facilitate your rehabilitation and function allowing you the opportunity to do more of the activities you enjoy doing.
Best Wishes
InHealth Pain Management Solutions Quality and Governance Manager

Julie George gave Pain Management Solutions a rating of 1 stars

Pain management??? Highly unlikely in this set up.

I have just had an appointment at your clinic at Rochdale infirmary, 11am Sun 11th Feb. This was for steroid injections, which l've been having via the NHS for about 8 years, bi-annually, to relieve the pain in my spine caused by 2 prolapsed discs and arthiritis. I have previously always been under the care of a Dr.

The clinician today pressed on several areas of my lower back asking each time if l felt pain. I didn't, and explained that the pain is deep inside. He then proceeded to tell me that the proposed injections were of no use to me as they would not alleviate my pain!! And although l've been having them for 8+ years with great success! I had to ask him several times to speak more slowly as he was foreign, with a very strong accent.

He said begrudgingly that he would still do them if l wanted. I immediately decided not to have them partly because of his attitude, and because by having that attitude he wouldn't be too gentle! Also because they were to to be given in a mobile unit which to me didn't seem very sterile-my belongings hanging on a peg in the "theatre", outdoor shoes being worn etc.

I then went to put my coat on and another doctor who ( l can provide his name) had obviously been listening to my conversation with the clinician, said "l might just tell you that it IS very sterile in here...this is the air conditioning, this is a new bed..." As the zip on my coat got stuck, l glanced down to it and he spat out "Oh well, if you're not even listening, what's the use?" I am absolutely disgusted at his remark. Completely unacceptable. Extremely and unnecessarily rude.

There was also a nurse in the room and and as she at least had not made any derogatory remarks, l pointedly thanked her and said goodbye- she simply blanked me and looked away!

I will be informing my GP and Dr's secretary of your company's unprofessional attitudes by all of these 3 people. Your company is obviously creaming off money from the NHS which obviously is funded by the public and we expect at least some measure of courtesy. I'm 60 and have never been treated so discourteously by any sector of the NHS.

I await your response.

Julie George.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 February 2018

Pain Management Solutions replied on 15 February 2018

Dear Julie

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns via NHS Choices. You raise a number of concerns and I would like to fully investigate this through our formal complaints process to ensure that I can provide you with a detailed response. I note that you were seen on our mobile injection unit as part of our waiting list initiative with Pennine Acute Hospital Trust. I recognise that the mobile injection unit is a different environment to where you have previously received your injection treatment at the hospital but please let me take this opportunity to reassure you that our injections are performed by Consultant's in Pain Medicine, within an minor ops suite environment using aseptic techniques. We have a high specification C-arm x-ray machine as all spinal injections are performed under x-ray guidance.

We will investigate your complaint and respond within the next 20 working days.
Quality and Governance Manager, InHealth Pain Management Solutions