North Bristol NHS Trust

0117 9505050 Southmead Hospital, Southmead Road , Bristol, Avon, BS10 5NB

Theresa Driscoll reviewed North Bristol NHS Trust

nursing staff southmead

I have to say the nursing staff at Trauma & Orthopaedics gate 21 level 3
Yesterday the 19th /9 /2017.

They were wonderful and looked after me so well 10 out of 10.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 September 2017

North Bristol NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Jo gave North Bristol NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Maternity services

I just had a baby at Southmead and I can't praise the service enough. The assessment unit, the Quantock ward, delivery suite and Percy Phillips ward were absolutely fabulous. Their support made such a positive impact towards the whole experience. I can't thank them enough. A special thanks to the lovely midwife and doctor that worked tirelessly and got me through delivery. Felt safe at all times. Couldn't have done it without them! Never stop being
amazing!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 23 May 2017

North Bristol NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Lyndsey Shellis gave North Bristol NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Recent surgery within neurosciences.

The care I have received all members of the team, has been first class. The surgeon was fantastic; the Anaesthetist was so kind and made me feel safe; meditheatres and recovery staff caring and helpful . 25a staff were amazing and ward was clean and tidy; I was looked after so well and all the staff were polite and friendly

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 19 November 2016

North Bristol NHS Trust replied on 21 November 2016

Dear Lyndsey – I was pleased to learn that you felt all aspects of you care was first class. I have shared your comments with the teams concerned so they will be aware of your views.
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post the details of your experience and I hope that you are making a good recovery.
Kind regards – Steve Sykes
Advice and Complaints Team

Anonymous gave at North Bristol NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fell of horse and had a open fracture

I had to go in surgery due to horse accident, fell of horse and had a open fracture and managed to brake two bones in half! But when I went into surgery I was kept calm by the people that I met as my mum couldn't come in il also 18 but the surgeon I met that was going to do my opp was really nice and they all kept me calm. After a few hours and I got around I met new nhs everyday, they where really nice and friendly and caring I really enjoyed being there with them because I knew that's where I was recovering. Food was nice. The room was nice I had you had your own toilet to get to when you ask for help due to me needing assistance to get there and back because I'm on a zoomer frame but I'm happy that I made a little progress at the hospital! Thankyou to all the nhs that cheered me up when I was feeling impositive I really appreciate the help and it will be the ones who know who I was in the hospital! Also this catering person that comes round to serves us breakfast, they really helped my mum and dad with parking so it was really nice I would recommend my friends family to go there if they needed surgery or if they had an accident like I had it was good !!!

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 19 July 2016

North Bristol NHS Trust replied on 21 July 2016

Dear Anonymous – I was sorry to learn of your unfortunate accident but pleasedthat you had good care and support from all the staff and they treated you empathetically and with kindness.
I also want to thank you for your kind comments about the food, and parking as these vital areas of support are often overlooked.
I am grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to provide such positive comments about your inpatient stay at Southmead hospital and for your endorsement of all the services you experienced. I sincerely hope you continue to make a good recovery and that you are soon able to resume your riding.
Kind regards – Steve Sykes
Advice and Complaints Team Manager

Anonymous gave North Bristol NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Staff arrive later than clinic starts

I am a clinician and had to have an X-ray last week. I was told that clinic started at 8:30 am and was first in the queue. 3 radiographers arrived after 08:40 am, 2 of them carrying Costa coffee and once they arrived, I was called in almost immediately at 08:45.

However, how can any outpatient clinic or department hope to run on time if it starts 15 minutes late? Staff discipline......?

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 09 April 2016

North Bristol NHS Trust replied on 11 April 2016

Dear Anonymous - Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your comments. I apologise that staff arrived late for your appointment in radiology. I understand that other staff will have been working behind the scenes to prepare the radiology suites for use, but I regret that your appointment started late and that staff appeared not to have been in place to facilitate a timely start.
Your comments have been shared with the radiology department.
Kind regards - Steve Sykes
Advice and Complaints Team.