St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust

0151 426 1600 Whiston Hospital, Warrington Road , Prescot, Merseyside, L35 5DR

Graham Roberts gave St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Dressings clinic @ Whiston Hospital

Once again wonderful care from superlative caring staff. Pleasant reception staff....I was seen as per appointment time. A week after op to remove melanoma and a BCC and my wound was examined and advice for future care from 2 other practioners was also sought BCC stitches removed .

Please ensure that all staff know just how highly they are regarded.

kind regards,

Graham Roberts

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 07 June 2018

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 14 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share how happy you are with your recent experience in the Trust. Staff on the wards and in our clinic areas are always really pleased to get feedback from patients who have used their services. We will pass on your comments to the staff involved in your care.

Wendyo73 gave at St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Removal of possible melanoma

I recently had a melanoma removed in this unit. Service was exemplary and all staff were polite, efficient and professional. As a nurse myself I was impressed with the level of care and attention I received.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 June 2018

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 18 June 2018

Thank you for your comments. We are always pleased to receive positive feedback about your experience and our staff. This recognises their hard work and dedication to ensure that you have a positive experience as a patient with us. Once again thank you for taking your time to inform us of your experience.

Aaa gave at St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Horrible.

I have been under the "care" of this department for 6 months, and I can honestly say it has been awful.
Receptionists are, with one exception rude, ignorant, miserable and surly.
Nurses are, with two exceptions exactly the same. BUT they are doing things like administering drops to numb the eye for procedures. I have had three procedures the drops were administerd correctly once. The other times were unbelievably unpleasant and painful. This inspite of my telli g them I could feel everything.
Th doctors seem to be under pressure to get patients in done and out asap.
I have never been seen on time, the waiting times are ridiculous and there seem to be regulars who get priority service.
I will ve making a formal complaint to the Trust and will be discharging myself after my final treatment. I will go elsewhere.
All in all not a nice place to be treated in. Not nice at all.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 May 2018

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 15 May 2018

We are very sorry to hear that the care you have received is not as you would have expected. If you would like to discuss the concerns you have raised further, could you please contact our PALS team on 0151 430 1376, where one of the team will be happy to discuss this with you.

Anonymous gave St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

My daughter recently spent three days / 2 nights on ward 4F after having Orthopaedic surgery. As a 14yr old this is quite difficult in itself as she is neither child nor adult.
The surgery went very well and I cannot thank the surgeon enough for his knowledge and skill to remedy my daughters injury.
The staff on ward 4F were just great and made both of us feel very welcomed and looked after. Special thanks have to go to the HCA, the staff nurse and the Sister who provided comfort and kindness when we needed it - in my opinion demonstrating compassion and consideration in the right quantities at the right time. I cannot thank them enough for making our stay tolerable and confident that the staff cared about my daughter.
Please ensure my feedback reaches these staff so they know just what a difference they make to their patients and families traumatic times.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 27 March 2018

Caz gave St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and attention

Visited day case surgery for injections in spine.
The staff are excellent there from the ward to the porters and the theatre staff and recovery. Also the lovely Doc.
The care and attention was outstanding.
Well done everyone. You made my stay enjoyable and pleasant.
Thank you.
Regards
C Wilson-Briars

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 30 March 2018

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 03 April 2018

Keith b reviewed St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust

Had another camera

I would like to praise the colonscopy team at St helens hospital I went for bowel scope screening they made the procedure look very easy I mean they put me at my ease as I was scared after a camera down my throat in 2016 the team deserves praise as does all st helens and Whiston hospital they told jokes to make me feel at ease this is from a grateful patient they was patient when the procedure didn't take the first time and I think st helens hospital and this team deserves my thanks and praise

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 17 November 2017

Mary Bancroft gave St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Recent hospital admission following visit to A&E

2 weeks ago l had to be taken by anbulance to Whiston A&E, the quality of the service recived from all the staff was excellent, l was later moved onto a ward where the care l received was better than l have in the past received in a Bupa private hopsital.

All the staff even down to the porters were caring and professional at all times.

Everything was Fab

Thank you!!!!!!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 24 October 2017

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 24 October 2017

Anonymous gave St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Recent Visit

I recently visited with my sister. She had been in a 6 car accident on M62 she was hit from behind at 50 mph. Her air bag deployed. She couldn't breathe properly and her whole chest is purple with bruises on left side she is only a small person. She was left standing for ages as receptionist didn't appear to know how to use computer system. I had to ask if she could sit down. They had no more questions just left her stood their while they figured out the computer. She was in with GP 2 minutes sent home to come back if breathing still bad in 2 days. No x ray no ultra sound done. Her chest is a mess. Not very impressed with the triage consultation and GP consult. She is still off work.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 14 July 2017

We take all issues surrounding patient experience very seriously and we are extremely sorry that on this occasion your experience was not at the standard we would expect. Please contact our PALS team on 0151 430 1376 so that we can discuss this further with you.

Peter bielby gave St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology Department

I have recently visted st helens hospital for head surgery the staff at the hospital were amazing really helpful people I can't tha is the doctors and nurses enough for the great job they have done. Thank you again.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 29 August 2017

Thank you for your very kind and positive comments. We are delighted that you found the services at St Helens Hospital met your expectations/. We are very proud of our Dermatology department and will pass on your feedback to our staff.

Anonymous gave St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I had a breast surgery last April and would like to thank the consultant, breast unit and Sanderson unit for their care and compassion. It has been an excellent service and thank you so much to the best NHS hospital in the northwest England providing excellent doctors , nurses and services for the community.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 July 2017

St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 14 July 2017

We are always pleased to receive positive feedback about your experience and our staff. This recognises their hard work and dedication to ensure that you have a positive experience as a patient with us. We can assure you that your feedback has been sent to our dedicated staff on our Breast unit and Sanderson Suite so that your comments can be shared with the wider team.