Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

023 9228 6000 Trust Headquarters, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Southwick Hill Road , Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3LY

JulieW gave Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brockhurst Medical Centre

This week went for yearly flu jab.

Under new partners, previous ones have all retired.

They now offer a e-consult & video appointments, check out their website

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 03 November 2017

Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding

My son was admitted to shipwreck ward for surgery. From the moment he arrived the staff made him feel welcome. His nurse was amazing. My son has autism and tourettes, his nurse was patient and understanding their kindness was genuine. All staff aneathetist surgeon and theatre staff where fantastic very professional but spoke to my son at an appropriate level. First class care all round. Thank you

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 11 November 2017

Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 14 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind words. I am so pleased that you and your son had such a positive experience and will be sure to share your comments with the Team on Shipwreck Ward as I know they will be delighted to receive them.

trevor williams gave Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

emergency appointment for hip pain

I had a worrying hip pain 3 weeks post op so i phoned this morning and was told to come down to the hospital, i live in soton. Within 20 mins of arriving i had an x ray done and 10 mins later saw the dr who reassured me there was no real problem apart from a possible tendon strain.
The whole experience was first class, friendly and attentive staff, and so efficiently done, i felt i had to express my gratitude
Trevor Williams

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Kathy Parker, PALS & Complaints Coordinator, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 13 October 2017

Dear Trevor
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your positive feedback.
I am pleased to note that you were seen so quickly and that staff were able to reassure you. Your comments that you found staff friendly, attentive and efficient will also help others that are due to come to the hospital.
I wish you well for the future.
Kind regards.
Debbie

Sandy Lewis gave Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Gosport Minor injuries

Thank you so much for the professional way I was treated after accidentally mixing drain cleaner and caustic soda causing an explosion burning my eye and hand. I knew if I went to QA the burn to my eye would have gone much deeper and was so relieved that they were happy to irrigate at Gosport. Thanks to the nurses, you were both wonderful. I’m almost healed now and no lasting effects thanks to your prompt treatment

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 08 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind words. I am so pleased that you had such a positive experience and will be sure to share your comments with the Team at the Minor Injuries Unit as I know they will be delighted to receive them. May I also take this time to wish you a full and speedy recovery.

Sysie reviewed Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Hampshire Breast Screening seevice

Hi I attended the Hampshire mobile breast screening service outside Tescos at Winnall. I had been very anxious as previous experience had been overseas. Parking was plenty and free. The mobile unit is very modern and clean. The staff were super efficient, friendly and put me at ease. As the unit is small, there are only a few members of staff there at any one time and they kept to timing perfectly. Breast screening is painful for me however this service did all it could to make it as quick and thorough as they could. I had a 10. 10 appointment and was in and home by 10. 30. A service the NHS can be proud of. Thank you.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 20 September 2017 using Care Opinion

Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 21 September 2017

Hi Sysie
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Care Opinion about the Breast Services in Winnall. This service is provided by Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and I am sure they will be pleased to hear that things went so well.
Marion

Lynne gave Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Treatment

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Radiology Day Case Unit for the treatment I recieved on Monday 25th September 2017. I had an Angioplasty Procedure done and I was treated with Respect, Dignity and Care at all times. The nurses were very nice and the Consultant very professional abc put my mind at ease. Thank you very much. A special mention to the student nurse who always had a smile in their face.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 27 September 2017

Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 28 September 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and the wonderful praises for the staff in Radiology, its lovely to hear your story and I will forward your message to the service, they will be delighted to receive such positive praise. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Hera Howells gave at Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

My broken wrist.

I came into A&E on Aug 17th with a badly broken wrist.The care I received from the ambulance crew,A&E staff,staff on the day surgery unit and fracture clinic was fantastic.Everyone I dealt with was very friendly and professional despite being incredibly busy.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 31 August 2017

Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 06 September 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us , I am very pleased you had a good experience. I will share your story with all the relevant services they will be delighted to hear such positive comments.

JulieW gave Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Accident & Emergency Visit

Visited on a Tues 1st thing, husband thought he had broken his collar bone, initially they thought it had been dislocated, but in the end it was an impacted fracture to the collarbone. Assessed by the initial response area, then taken through, e-ray done by the virtual fracture clinic, sent home, outcome painkillers, sling & letter stating fracture clinic would ring between 10:00 - 16:00 the next day. They rang saying appointment 15 Sept, not over happy with the wait. No sick note given, must admit did not ask, as thought the fracture clinic appointment would be in a couple days.

However cannot praise the Staff enough, friendly & professional.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 26 September 2017

"Thank you for sharing your story with us. Good to hear your husband received good professional friendly care and after care by the Teams in the Fracture clinic and I hope he makes a speedy recovery.
I will relay your lovely comments and praises to the Team who will be delighted to receive them.
kind regards
"

Alison gave Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Excellent Scan service

Quick Excellent service today 10th April. A big Thank You to the ultra sound team who were very kind today and also the Mri Scan team who rang me on the morning of Scan to say running late, so come in a bit later, as they didn't want me to be hanging around.

The only downside is ... the car park fee doesn't go back into the hospital.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 10 April 2017

Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 11 April 2017

Dear Alison
Thank you for leaving your feedback. I am pleased to note that you found the imaging teams to be kind.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with the teams who I am sure will be delighted to receive them.
Kind regards.
ebbie

Ruth Blackburn gave Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment

Excellent treatment
Having had 6 serious nosebleeds in less than two days I attended the Gosport war Memorial hospital minor injuries department on Sunday morning. I was seen by the nurse immediately and was then made an appointment for midday at the ENT department at QA.
On arriving there my nose started to bleed again. The doctor on duty treated me immediately and cauterised the offending blood vessel.
My treatment at both hospitals was excellent, being highly efficient, professional and sympathetic to my distress. Well done

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 26 April 2017

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback. I'm so pleased to hear that you were treated with efficiency, professionalism and sympathetically. I will certainly make sure that your comments get back to the staff who were involved in your care.
Your positive comments will also help to reassure others who may experience your problem, so hopefully they will feel a little more reassured after reading how well things went for you.
With kindest regards.