Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01223 245 151 Hills Road , Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 0QQ

Geoff gave Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Great service but

Had to go in for capsule camera service was great but still waiting for test results 2 months later

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

J Bailey gave at Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Hysteroscopy team

From a rapid referral to treatment and results, i cannot fault the service and care provided by the doctor and all of the team. NHS at it's best and i am full of thanks.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 07 July 2018

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 July 2018

Thank you for letting us know that you received timely and professional care. You kind words and thanks will be passed to the team and will be much appreciated.

We hope you are recovering well.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service
pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk

Paul Bevan gave Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery - Excellent Service

On a day when the NHS hospital services are again being criticised on the news and in the press, I felt I should comment on the excellent service I received when undergoing knee surgery yesterday at Ely hospital.
Having arrived just before my appointment time at 11:00am I was welcomed and moved into the ward within minutes. All the staff were very pleasant and professional. Having gone through my initial checks I was prepared and in surgery within the hour – a very slick and efficient process. Whilst being prepared for surgery I was kept fully informed of what was happening and constantly reassured by the theatre staff.
After surgery the nursing staff were very supportive and after enough recovery time I was allowed to leave around 2:00. I couldn’t believe that within 3 hours everything was done and I could go home. The great service continued as I left when one of the nursing staff seeing I was having difficulty in walking got me a wheelchair and took me back to my car.
I couldn’t have received any better service and care at any Private hospital.
So thanks once again to all the fantastic theatre and nursing staff at Princess of Wales Ely for looking after me so well and providing a 5 Star service.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Had to go to the eye clinic on emergency they were excellent. They diagnosed temporal artheritas and referred us to rheumatology a temporal biopsy has been done. We were supposed to get the results and had nothing appointment on emergency not until November. In the mean time they haven't given our doctor a plan about the steroids or what the treatment should be. Our doctor didn't even know I was on steroids.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the NHS Choices Forum. We are pleased to hear you were happy with the care and treatment offered by the Eye Clinic but very sorry to hear of your concerns relating to your wait for medical information and an appointment with the Rheumatology Department. We would like to investigate this for you. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on the below contact number or email address.

Tel: 01223 216756
Email: pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

What patient care?

Extremely appalling care which does not live up to their own value aims which are

Our aim is to treat patients as individuals; to understand your needs and fulfil your expectations of expert and compassionate care in a clean, safe, comfortable and friendly hospital.
keep your safety at the heart of all we do.
Do not keep you waiting longer than you need to for treatment

I believe that I did not listen too and my illness were not listen to and the staff were not willing to understand how they effect me.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 04 January 2018

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the NHS Choices Forum. We are very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your care and treatment at Addenbrooke's Hospital and would very much like to investigate this further for you. If you would like to do this please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on the following contact details.

Tel: 01223 216756
Email: pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk

I Murrell gave Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Much improved sercive

Having made a couple of complaints about the eye clinic so to be far I thought I should say how good the service I received there was.
I had always said the Doctors and nurses are great it just the way it was run was lacking, but i was pleasantly surprised now good the service was just before Christmas.
Thank you to the busy ophthalmology department.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 04 January 2017

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on this forum. We are very pleased to hear your experience with our Ophthalmology Service has greatly improved. Please be reassured that your feedback will be shared with the relevant staff.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk

Anonymous reviewed Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Out of Order

My brother has left Great Yarmouth yesterday to drive down to Luton to stay with family in order to more easily get to Adenbrooks today where he was booked in for 5 days to have fluid drained from his brain. This has been on-going for a year or so. He left Luton in the frost this morning to drive to Cambridge to be told they have no bed. What does it take for them to telephone or text him not to waste his time or money, its a joke. Never mind the deterioration in his health due to this fluid. I am totally devastated for him and absolutely disgusted with the NHS. For Gods sake wake up and realise what's happening in this County. Check that people are entitled to treatment before wasting rate payers money and putting decent people to the bottom of the queue. Absolutely disgraceful.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 November 2016

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns with us on this forum. We are very sorry to hear of your brother's cancelled procedure and the distress this has caused him.

If you would like us to investigate this further please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01223 216756 or email pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk.

Unhappy patient reviewed Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Appointment times

I had an appointment in the eye clinic ar 8.30 am, at 8.15 a clinic cordordonator told me doctors were having a meeting in the area and to go and get a coffee, when I told them that my appointment was at 8.30 and if not I would be leaving they told me I was first on the list , but I then told that that doesn't matter if first was going to be 12 o'clock .when I asked how long this appointment would take they told me up to 2hrs. I got seen at 9.40 and including the consent form the appointment took 10 mins . The PAL/s department is hopeless never ring you back , only reply to you telephone calls. It's a shame as the treatment by the doctors and nursing staff is by far the best, it's just run by people that think you have all day to sit around and waiting for them. The persons that told me to go and get a coffee and come back at 9 could of telephone me the day before as they had telephone to arrange a recepists to work on the Lucent treat reception but didn't worry about any of the patient . If you complain to the PAL/s office all you get back is sorry but we do see 53000,00 patient per year and a letter sign ??? By the chief executive with the wrong date and the wrong information so I guess they do not read or sign all or the letters across their desk and as water runs down hill maybe if it was better at the top it may be better lower down.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 30 October 2016

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 November 2016

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your feedback. We are very sorry to hear of the delays you experienced in the eye clinic and with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) department. Please be reassured the PALS team endeavour to return all calls, voicemails and emails within a 48 hour period. Please accept our apologies if we have failed to do that.

We would very much like to investigate your concerns further. Please contact us in the PALS office on tel: 01223 216756 or via email at: pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk to discuss this further, should you wish to.