Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01223 245 151 Hills Road , Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2 0QQ

Anonymous gave Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Had to go to the eye clinic on emergency they were excellent. They diagnosed temporal artheritas and referred us to rheumatology a temporal biopsy has been done. We were supposed to get the results and had nothing appointment on emergency not until November. In the mean time they haven't given our doctor a plan about the steroids or what the treatment should be. Our doctor didn't even know I was on steroids.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 29 August 2017

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the NHS Choices Forum. We are pleased to hear you were happy with the care and treatment offered by the Eye Clinic but very sorry to hear of your concerns relating to your wait for medical information and an appointment with the Rheumatology Department. We would like to investigate this for you. If you would like to discuss this further please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on the below contact number or email address.

Tel: 01223 216756
Email: pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk

I Murrell gave Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Much improved sercive

Having made a couple of complaints about the eye clinic so to be far I thought I should say how good the service I received there was.
I had always said the Doctors and nurses are great it just the way it was run was lacking, but i was pleasantly surprised now good the service was just before Christmas.
Thank you to the busy ophthalmology department.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 04 January 2017

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on this forum. We are very pleased to hear your experience with our Ophthalmology Service has greatly improved. Please be reassured that your feedback will be shared with the relevant staff.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk

Anonymous reviewed Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Out of Order

My brother has left Great Yarmouth yesterday to drive down to Luton to stay with family in order to more easily get to Adenbrooks today where he was booked in for 5 days to have fluid drained from his brain. This has been on-going for a year or so. He left Luton in the frost this morning to drive to Cambridge to be told they have no bed. What does it take for them to telephone or text him not to waste his time or money, its a joke. Never mind the deterioration in his health due to this fluid. I am totally devastated for him and absolutely disgusted with the NHS. For Gods sake wake up and realise what's happening in this County. Check that people are entitled to treatment before wasting rate payers money and putting decent people to the bottom of the queue. Absolutely disgraceful.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 08 November 2016

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 November 2016

Thank you for taking the time to raise your concerns with us on this forum. We are very sorry to hear of your brother's cancelled procedure and the distress this has caused him.

If you would like us to investigate this further please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01223 216756 or email pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk.

Unhappy patient reviewed Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Appointment times

I had an appointment in the eye clinic ar 8.30 am, at 8.15 a clinic cordordonator told me doctors were having a meeting in the area and to go and get a coffee, when I told them that my appointment was at 8.30 and if not I would be leaving they told me I was first on the list , but I then told that that doesn't matter if first was going to be 12 o'clock .when I asked how long this appointment would take they told me up to 2hrs. I got seen at 9.40 and including the consent form the appointment took 10 mins . The PAL/s department is hopeless never ring you back , only reply to you telephone calls. It's a shame as the treatment by the doctors and nursing staff is by far the best, it's just run by people that think you have all day to sit around and waiting for them. The persons that told me to go and get a coffee and come back at 9 could of telephone me the day before as they had telephone to arrange a recepists to work on the Lucent treat reception but didn't worry about any of the patient . If you complain to the PAL/s office all you get back is sorry but we do see 53000,00 patient per year and a letter sign ??? By the chief executive with the wrong date and the wrong information so I guess they do not read or sign all or the letters across their desk and as water runs down hill maybe if it was better at the top it may be better lower down.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 30 October 2016

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 November 2016

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your feedback. We are very sorry to hear of the delays you experienced in the eye clinic and with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) department. Please be reassured the PALS team endeavour to return all calls, voicemails and emails within a 48 hour period. Please accept our apologies if we have failed to do that.

We would very much like to investigate your concerns further. Please contact us in the PALS office on tel: 01223 216756 or via email at: pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk to discuss this further, should you wish to.

Robert Jackson reviewed Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Why does it take so long to get an MRI scan?

On 13th January 2016 I had an appointment with a consultant at the Community ENT clinic because of sudden hearing loss. The consultant requested an MRI scan at Addenbrookes'. I finally received an appointment for the scan on 19th April, more than 3 months later. On 4th May 2016, more than 2 weeks after the scan, the ENT clinic had still not received the scan. This seems like an exceptionally relaxed approach to making appointments and providing the results.
I have the impression that younger acquaintances who have had MRI scans at Addenbrookes have received faster turnaround than this (I am 72), and I wonder if it is their policy to give low priority to older patients, or if my experience is usual?

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 04 May 2016

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 May 2016

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your wait for an MRI scan and to receive the results. It is not our policy to give lower priority to older patients - care is prioritised on the basis of clinical need and the waiting times will reflect this. We would be happy to look into your case and respond to you personally if you would be able to provide a few details - please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01223 216756 or email pals@addenbrookes.nhs.uk.

Complaints and PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent day surgery treatment

I had a very positive experience at the day surgery unit at this hospital in February. All the staff were friendly, patient and kind and I felt that I was treated as an individual.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 10 May 2016

Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 July 2016

Thank you for letting us know that you were treated kindly and with dignity by the staff at the day surgery unit in Ely. I have passed your kind comments to the staff involved as they will be much appreciated.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service