Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01283 566333 Queen's Hospital, Belvedere Road , Burton-on-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0RB

My excellent experience

Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent outcome from surgery. Could not have had a better experience.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 October 2017

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for posting your review of the care and treatment that you have received at Queen’s Hospital, Burton. Please be assured we will share you review with senior team, for surgery.

We hope that you are recuperating well.

PALS team.

Anonymous gave Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Came in ambulance and discharged myself!!! terrible

Came via ambulance for issues with pain as recommended by paramedics!! Left unattended for hours !! Only to be told my issue was not an A&E problem !! I was so upset!! Offered pain relief but never given it !! I discharged myself in the end ! I will visit my gp and hopefully go to derby or Leicester if needed !! Very disappointed in the care !

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

Patricia Rogers gave Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Care..

Just home from having surgery at Queens,having spent three dayson Ward 30.The staff are the most wonderful and caring team...so professional and sympathetic to your needs.They made me feel cared for and comfortable throughout the entire stay.Nothing was too much trouble.Also a huge.'Thank you' to the consultant and the theatre staff too...surgery is a traumatic experience.
They made me feel safe and secure.
No-one likes
to be in hospital....but if you have a choice...then this is the place to be..

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 22 October 2017

Simon Barber gave Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Well done to Endoscopy on my outpatient visit

I had to visit the Endoscopy Unit recently, together with a ultrasound scan. Although this involved some less than pleasant inspections, I couldn't have had more friendly, welcoming and expert staff. They put me at ease and there was very little delay between the different sessions. When the NHS attracts so much criticism, these should AFC members were a fine advert for medical care in this area.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 September 2017

Dear Reviewer

We are pleased to learn that your visit to the Trust was a positive one and would like to thank you for sharing this with us.

Our staff work very hard to provide high standards of care and it is always encouraging for them when these efforts are recognised. Your comments have been shared and will be much appreciated by all of the staff, thank you.

Best wishes

PALS Office
Patient Advice & Liaison Service

billy and milo gave Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Gall Bladder Surgery

I have been on the waiting list for gall bladder surgery for some time, my first ever surgery at 65.......not knowing too much about procedure, waiting times etc, everything has been a learning curve.

I've googled, questioned and listened to other peoples experience and a little frustrated with waiting decided to ring the waiting list office, lovely call handler transferred me to the secretary who then asked if I could go in at short notice, absolutely I said, they rang me back on 22/09/17 for an operation on Sunday 24/09/17!!! Terrified with no time to think about it I went. From 7:30 am I was processed and first i theatre, everyone so considerate, I am on my own and was offered an overnight stay which I jumped at.

I cannot thank everyone concerned enough for the care I had, and the cups of tea! For giving up their weekend, from the consultant to the support staff I am truly grateful and 4 days later feeling more normal than I've felt for such a long time, thank you!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 28 September 2017

Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your patient experience at Queen’s Hospital. Please be assured we will share your review with department and staff involved with your care and treatment.

Thank you again for your kind words.

PALS Team

Excellent treatment and care

I visited the minor injuries clinic at Samuel Johnson in Lichfield on 25.09.17 with a problem to my ear and face. All staff very pleasant including the Doctor who prescribed antibiotics and stressed I get further help should it deteriorate. Two days later it had spread to eye so saw GP, who straight away made arrangements for me to go to the Ambulatory dept at Queens Burton. My husband took me and from when we arrived at Burton everything ran smoothly. All the staff I saw including the consultant explained everything and that I'd have to be admitted to have intravenous antibiotics. I was in the ward complete with drip about 2 hours after arriving at hospital which after all the stories you hear was excellent. I was lucky to be allocated a private room on Ward 30 and again all staff excellent during my 3 night stay. A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL I wish the BBC would report things like my experience rather than continually criticising and complaining about the NHS. There are things that need improvement but on the whole it is an excellent facility.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Fab care in a&e

Came along to a&e tonight with my brother who was suffering an allergic reaction causing facial swelling. The significance of this was promptly recognised by the receptionist who called the nurse he was taken straight through to the department assessed and given the medication he required. All the staff we came into contact with were polite, friendly and professional despite clearly being busy and understaffed. Assessed, treated and discharged with advice within 2 hours - thank you to all the staff involved.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 August 2017

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your visit to A&E with your brother.

We are pleased to read that the experience received was a positive one and your brother was seen promptly.

We have shared your comments and feedback with the staff and these will be much appreciated.

All the best.

PALS Office
Patient Advice & Liaison Service

Caroline reviewed at Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Big thank you to consultants.

I attended the treatment centre for a submandibular gland removal on the 7th of August and from being booked in to discharge the care I received was fantastic from ALL the staff and I couldn't of asked for better and the centre itself was very clean and tidy. I would like to say a big thank you to the consultants I saw on a number of occasions who have both looked after me very well through out all my appointments Especially the operation it's self and have always made me feel at ease by listening to my concerns without judging me or talking down to me, i found this very reassuring as I have had a bad experience in the past with a consultant from the same department so as you can appreciate I was very anxious but I need'nt have worried and I was discharged from the clinic yesterday after being given the all clear. I wish the staff all the best and hope they never stop being the caring people that they are :-)

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 September 2017

Dear Reviewer

We are pleased to learn of your positive patient experience here at the Trust and you were reassured when you attended recently for a procedure.

Please be assured your compliments have been shared with the teams involved in your care and treatment and will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

PALS Team
Patient Advice & Liaison Team

Dave Skelton gave Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Money before care

My 23 years young daughter was refereed to Burton Hospital by her doctor as she was unable to pass water and in great pain. The doctors at Burton Hospital after waiting in pain for over one and half hours inserted a catheter, and administered pain relief , she was admitted to the Hospital whilst tests were on going, and the only available bed was within a private ward??? The hospital carried out several tests but could not diagnose a problem,, in the mean time my daughter was still not passing water and taking sedatives to control the pain,,my daughter of 23 years of age, was told that it is not uncommon for this to happen and in time would probably right its self , and until it dose she would have to self catheter and return to hospital in 3 months:::: in my opinion no one should be discharged from a Hospital without a diagnoses or a plan of treatment and that the hospital would rather the bed go to a private paying patient then to a NHS patient?? Within a week of my daughter leaving hospital she suffered sever stomach pains and again had to attend a emergency clinic at a different hospital. Looking forward to reply from Burton Hospital l

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 August 2017

Dear Mr Skelton

We are sorry to read that your daughter has not had a good patient experience at Queen’s Hospital. We would like the opportunity to discuss your daughter’s experience more fully and will require your daughter’s consent to provide a response. Please contact PALS directly on 01283 593110, our service is available Monday to Friday 09:00 – 16:30hrs.

PALS team

Linda Dallison gave Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service

I had reason on the 10.06 2017 to have for the second time in a month to visit the endoscopy department for a colonoscopy the second visit was my own fault for not taking the correct medication the first time resulting in they were unable to complete the examination properly. On both occasions I cannot praise highly enough how all the staff looked after me ,nothing was to much trouble for them to do .what I wanted or needed.On the second visit I was feeling quite poorly the receptionist noticed I was unwell within minutes a nurse appeared with a wheelchair and I was put on a trolley so I could lay down and was checked on frequently to make sure I was ok. I found all the staff friendly and their empathy exemplary. Anyone who has reason to visit this department should have no qualms about their welfare all steps are taken to help make what is not a pleasant procedure as stress free as they are able. I would like to thank all the staff there for their time and patience if I could give more than 5 stars I would.
Regards Linda Dallison

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 July 2017

Dear Linda

Thanks for your feedback. It is great to know that you felt supported and cared for by the Endoscopy Unit staff. We will ensure this feedback is shared with the team.

Thanks again and best wishes

PALS team.