Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust

020 3311 3311 St. Marys Hospital, Praed Street , London, W2 1NY

Vincent reviewed Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust

Hammersmith- Day-Care (Cardio) Transport Home

I came to Hammersmith today (23 August '17) for an angiogram. Everything about the procedure was made abundantly clear to me in advance. Nursing and medical staff were polite, clear and reassuring and I was made to feel comfortable and well looked after throughout the morning. I left at about 1pm. I want to make just one point. The literature I received in advance of my appointment made it clear that going home by public transport was not advised. I fully respected that and the day before my procedure I checked on availability of taxis to my home in Brentford expecting that I would call one from Reception when I was allowed to leave. However, while I was in the day-ward for the procedure, I was told by nursing staff that I would need to be escorted from the day-ward to my transport. I pointed out that that was not what the accompanying literature I had received said. In the circumstances I had to insist on making my own way, unaccompanied, to Reception and book my cab from there.There were no problems and I got home without difficulty. But I tihnk you need to make it clearer in the literature exactly what you do expect. I'm sure you realize that many day-patients cannot rely on a friend or relative to pick them up and accompany them to a car because of their work commitments (that was my position). And, fairly obviously, you cannot expect taxi drivers to act as escorts. I leave it at that and hope that clarification in the literature can be achieved for the future. I do not want this observation to cloud what was otherwise a 10/10 experience for which I have only the highest praise.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 29 August 2017

Thank you do much for your feedback.

I will pass this on to the relevant team as it is important that we always send clear information to people who are coming into see us.

Thank you again.

Martin

No screen name reviewed Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust

Appoinrment at Gneral Surgery, St Mary's, Paddington, London

A very good experience. Did not have to wait long, greeted by a charming nurse and seen by the consultant who gave an excellent diagnosis of th state of my hernia .

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 29 August 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.

Martin

Anonymous gave Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Sense of humour.

I was accompany my father, who is partially deaf to his appointment in outpatients, this morning 14/07/17 at Hammersmith hospital. He was sent for a few tests, one being an ECG, when we arrived in the cardiac investigation centre, we were greeted by a lovely member of staff, huge smile on their face, who asked if they could help, after finding out my father was there for an ECG, they were ready to take him through straight away. I asked if I was needed, because of my fathers deafness, when the lovely member of staff replied, ' not a problem I have been told I'm loud, so your father won't have a problem hearing me' they then proceeded to take my father through.I have to say this made me laugh, as this member of staff was a character. My father was in for a short while before he came out, big smile on his face, the results were handed to us to take back to outpatient's. When we were leaving the department, we saw a staff board, with all the staff names and pictures on it, and there was the member of staff who had done my fathers test, a great asset to the department, their sense of humour and larger then life personality was what made my day. The NHS need more people like her.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 17 July 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear your feedback regarding your father’s care and treatment in the Cardiac Investigation Centre at Hammersmith Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments.

Pierre gave Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Antenatal class (birth preparation)

Hello,
My wife and I attended the antenatal class (birth preparation class) at St Mary's Hospital on Thursday 8th June.
The session was extremely friendly and particularly useful.
The midwife was definitely competent and had a very good approach.
It seems that the other couples also appreciated this session.
A must have for parents-to-be.
Thank you for this day!
Pierre

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 12 June 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you had a great experience in the Antenatal class at St Mary's hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on NHS Choices. We wish both of you well on your new chapter as a family very soon.

Dilber gave Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Very satisfied service in pain clinic.

I am so satisfied from consultation with pain clinic doctor, who was so helpful and very friendly . Well done. Thanks so much.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 24 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust wishes to thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding the Pain Clinic. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

Sue Morland reviewed Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust

25/5/17 Dental department appointment 1st floor

I was very impressed with my treatment yesterday both with the xray department and
especially the doctor who explained very clearly about what will happen when I have more appointments relating to the extraction of roots of my teeth, Many thanks and long live Charing Cross Hospital.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 26 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 30 May 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all the staff in dental department at Charing Cross Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.

Rob gave Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Best Nurse ever

My mother was admitted to major trauma ward St Mary's hospital, Paddington 4 weeks ago. I came across a young nurse who in my opinion should receive the Nobel prize. The care and attention my mother, my family and I received from this nurse was outstanding. Even when off duty, they took time out to check in on, not only us, but all the other patients on the ward. This nurse is by far the most professional, caring, understanding and competent human being I have experienced in my 51 years of life. This nurse is going to be one of the NHS's greatest ambassador's for our health service. Well done. The O'Leary family.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 02 June 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that your mother received excellent care from the staff in the major trauma ward at St Mary's hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.

Adam Mead gave Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Looked after my Grandad and our Family wonderfully!

Just wanted to write a review to say how wonderful all the team were at St Mary's when looking after my Grandfather. He suffered a huge haemorrhage to his head and was rushed to St Mary's A and E, where they carried out scans and unfortunately determined that there was nothing that could be done. Despite now being in Palliative Care, the nurses were absolutely outstanding in their treatment of both us and our Grandfather. They changed him and kept him on a drip and catheter to ensure he was comfortable. The nurse was so lovely towards us, making us smile and we really felt the nurse cared for us. Nothing was too much trouble and they were able to answer any questions or concerns promptly.The nurses worked tirelessly to ensure that my Grandfather could find a comfortable bed on a ward where he could spend his last hours, and this managed to happen so he could pass away peacefully at 3 in the morning. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of the nurses on the AAU ward in the early hours of 20th April 2017, but they were equally wonderful, they gave Grandfather painkillers and did everything they could to make him comfortable. They were extremely comforting when Grandfather passed away and gave us all our own time to deal with it.
This was a clearly distressing time for my whole family, but I just wanted to pass back some feedback as the team at St Mary's made this as easy as it could possibly be. We will not forget the dedication and care they gave to us all. Often, the NHS comes under extreme scrutiny and criticism - and I will admit I have often been one of them - but this experience changed my opinion on the whole organisation. You have all been wonderful and deserve some credit.
Thank you to all of the team at St Mary's!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 June 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 05 June 2017

Firstly please accept our sincere condolences on behalf of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust for the loss of your grandfather and thank you for the positive feedback on NHS Choices regarding our Accident & Emergency Department at St Mary’s Hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments

L. Armstrong gave Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Really good experience

I had an appointment at the lung function laboratory before my bi annual visit to the respiratory clinic. I was impressed by the efficient yet caring way I was treated, and the technician was very pleasant and friendly. I also had bloods taken, and again the technician was careful that the needles did not hurt. My visit to the doctor was, as usual, very helpful and informative. The doctor is incredibly patient and kind. I always feel reassured and confident after a trip to their clinic.
On the negative side, it was not clear that after using the machine to check in that I should also check in with Lung Function, as they are in the same area it is very easy to think you have completed the task when this is not so. The new accommodation is very pleasant, but a little short on signage. I assume this will be coming.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 13 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear that you received excellent care from all the staff in the respiratory department (lung function laboratory) at Imperial College. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments. We wish you well for the future.

Michael Godfrey gave Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Torn retina

Could you please thank the person who was acting as the GP in A&E on Wednesday? I was sent to A&E by my GP and the triage doctor passed me on to your GP. After dealing very thoroughly with me they sent me on to the West Eye Hospital. It turned out that I had a tear in my retina and was operated on with laser surgery there and then. I'm so pleased that they suggested that I go there and I would like you to thank them for me.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 31 March 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 03 April 2017

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to hear your feedback regarding the A& E Department and the Western Eye hospital. Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) has passed on your comments to the relevant service managers. Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates and values your comments.