North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust

01733 678000 Peterborough City Hospital, Bretton Gate, Bretton , Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE3 9GZ

Anonymous gave North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

The excellence of Ward B14 Peterborough Hospital

My husband is a patient in the above Ward. I just want to say how amazed and stunned I have been at the wonderful work that the doctors, therapists, nurses and all staff who are looking after him. It is very hard work, but it is amazing to notice the extraordinary commitment that members of staff have. No praise is enough for their dedication to help my husband to get better. One hears so many bad stories about the NHS., but I would like to put the record right by saying we are all so lucky to have such a marvellous Hospital .

Also the receptionists at the entrance are also helpful and the volunteers.

I thank you all for taking some of the stress and sadness away from my life at present

Mary

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your visit to our hospital. It is always a pleasure for our staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.

Ann gave North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Visit to Rheumatology 4th July 2017

I visited the Rheumatology Dept on a routine check up and was very impressed with the treatment I received. The doctor in charge went above and beyond with their treatment of me to try to find an underlying problem not involved with the check up. The kindness shown by the doctor and their nurse left me with a very good memory of the visit and I am very grateful for their help. I would like to put on record my thanks to them. I realise that if I name them this will not be published and am sorry that I forgot to fill in a report form whilst in the department. However I hope that my comments can be passed on to to the doctor and their nurse.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 06 July 2017

Thank you for your comments and it will be nice for our staff to receive your positive comments

Anonymous gave at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Day Surgery

Staff were all very polite and everything was done in a calm and professional manner. Operation went well and I was made to feel comfortable by all staff involved. However it is quite unpleasant waiting for a general anesthetic on your own and having to leave your partner in reception. Is there no way you can accommodate people that accompany us to these operations? Very annoying that they have to drop off and pick us up but yet they aren't allowed to wait with us?

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 July 2017

Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 August 2017

I am sorry about your experience and I will ensure it is passed through to staff however we do have space limitations but we are keen to see if we can accommodate this going forward.

Dennis Spears gave North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Cardiac Ward

I was admitted to the Cardiac Ward on Thursday evening, 15 June 17. I wish it to be known that from the time I arrived to the time I left on Wednesday morning 21 June 17, the exceptional and irreproachable devotion, commitment, patience and professionalism shown to me by all the staff was second to none.

May I further express my thanks to your catering team who never failed to produce such a varied and appetizing choice of food. The quality and presentation of the food was without doubt the very best.

I cannot express enough my deepest gratitude and thanks to all your staff, who I consider to be truly outstanding. I was most impressed with the hard work and enthusiasm displayed by each and everyone, which can only be a true reflection of the very high standard of care maintained throughout Peterborough City Hospital.

Once again, my sincere and grateful thanks.

Dennis Spears

29 June 2017

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 29 June 2017

Anonymous gave at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery

I went in yesterday afternoon for an arthroscopy .
The treatment I received from the moment I arrived to discharge was fantastic. Everything was explained to me fully, the areas were all very clean and the staff were all friendly and professional.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017

Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 June 2017

Deputy Chief Nurse

Karen Rutterford gave North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding care in the A & E

I would like to let you know how wonderful a team you have in place at the A& E Department in Peterborough
I am overwhelmed at how fantastic the care I received was .
I was admitted to stay at the A& E last Saturday night due to severe head trauma and I can say from the outset the attention to detail was unbelievable.
At all times I was treated with dignity and respect and I was made aware at all times what was happening to me
I was monitored frequently throughout the night and both my husband and I were offered hot drinks and a sandwich
The location where I was being monitored was very clean and uncluttered and quiet for me to be able to relax
Every member of staff that came into contact with me treated me with utmost kindness and compassion at all times throughout
I have been back to the same unit since with concerns following my injuries including today and yet again I can say outstanding care and commitment was shown the minute I walked through the door to the minute I left
I am so proud of the NHS and the fantastic care that they provide throughout and feel it's time people started saying a big fat
THANK YOU!!!
Karen Rutterford

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 30 March 2017

Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 April 2017

R Davies gave North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

MAU ward

This ward is absolutely horrible for patients, the staff give the impression of not caring about anything to do with the wellbeing of patients, they just seem to want to move them on to some where else as soon as possible.
It is the noisiest of places at night just when you want rest after some form of trauma, every body seems to collect at the nurses station to talk be it nurses, cleaning staff or security staff they all gather to swap the days stories and this normally means a lot of hilarity and it just seems to go on for hours you just cannot shut it out.
I presume this happens because there is no one in authority around at night to stop it happening.
Iam writing this time because it is the second time I have been to this ward and nothing has changed from the first occasion I was in there.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017

Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 February 2017

I am so sorry to hear about your experience and I am obviously concerned about the comments you have posted. We want to ensure all of our patients receive good quality care and I am disappointed that this is not what happened in your case.
If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail please do not hesitate to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) so that we can arrange a convenient time to chat you as I know PALS and the Matron for that area would be keen to learn from your experiences. Once again my apologies that your stay was not as we would wish it to be.
Deputy Chief Nurse

Julie Goldsmith gave Services of a dental hygienist at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Positive patient experience

Fully expected long waits today as it's half term and a lot of staff are on leave, In and out in just over an hour and nearly all staff were welcoming and kept me informed. Couldn't really have asked for more. Thank you

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 26 October 2016

Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 November 2016

Dear Julie

Valjanny gave at North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day Treatment Unit

I'd like to tell you about my experience when I had an operation on my ankle yesterday. The staff on the day unit were friendly and efficient. The ward was clean and well organised. I was lucky enough to be first on the list and only needed a local anaesthetic to remove a long screw from my ankle, which was part of the metalwork that had been inserted last December when I broke my ankle in 3 places. The theatre team were brilliant, they allowed me to sit up and watch the operation, I could have laid down and had it screened. It was fascinating to watch the team at work. Pop music from my era was played and the whole experience was as good as it could be. The surgeon gave me advice on how to deal with aftercare. I was taken straight back to the ward, where I was given a drink and offered food, they checked my blood pressure and pulse and sent me home. I arrived at 7:30 and left by 10:15. I had been in continuous pain from my ankle, it doesn't hurt anymore. All I can feel is soreness at the operation site, this is due to new bone being chipped away to expose the head of the screw. I'm really pleased with the whole experience.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 24 September 2016

Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 September 2016

Anonymous gave North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Probably the best paramedics in the world or at least the uk

I just had to call a ambulance for the first time today. The 999 operator was rubbish! My missus is a nurse and I explained she was in acute pain. So they told me to ring back if it got worse. I then rang 999 again and finally a paramedic was despatched. They were excellent firstly they accessed her then they called an ambulance. Then they stabilised her and got her to city hospital. Thank you guys for doing a first class job.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 20 July 2016

Lesley Crosby, Deputy Chief Nurse, Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond following your visit to our hospital. It is always a pleasure for staff to read comments such as yours and I will ensure they are passed on.