Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

01296 315000 Executive Office, Hartwell Wing, Stoke Mandeville Hospital, Mandeville Road , Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 8AL

Anonymous gave Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Still waiting on a date for emergency procedure...

I received first class care in the urology ward of High Wycombe after being admitted as an emergency by ambulance at A&E in Stoke Madeville.

I had to have a stent inserted into my kidney as a temporary treatment to alleviate a large kidney stone.

My discharge summary notes that i need a second procedure to fragment the stone and remove the stent. The notes say the procedure should take place within two weeks.

I'm still waiting for a date. My contact with the consultant's secretary has suggested a back log of procedures

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 10 September 2017

Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Ann Marian Green gave at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Access to Fracture clinic a nightmare

After a fall I was seen in A&E - bit slow but overall really
good experience.
told I would be seen in fracture clinic within a week.!
This did not happen I was given a date 2.5 weeks later when away on holiday. phoned to explain. Was meet by unhelpful attitude Told I had a new dates-
also at a difficult time but I didn't refuse it. Told they would transfer me - was cut off and my appointment cancelled without my agreement.
When called yet again find now given a slot 3.5 weeks after fall.
Memeber of staff I spoke with the next time was sympathetic that I was in pain but that was the best they could do!
I am now going away on holiday this week end with my broken wrist ok but my hand cramped into a too tight cast and no way of getting anyone to help me. Do I break out of cast and release hand and risk the wrist? Who knows!
I appreciate the clinics are busy but so far I have not got past the admin staff to comment on the clinical side!
Good luck to other victims!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 19 June 2017

Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 23 June 2017

We are sorry you have had a poor experience of Fracture clinic administration. If you are concerned that your plaster case is too tight please contact your nearest walk in health service so that this can be reviewed by a healthcare professional ASAP. Please also contact the Bucks PALS team (call 01296 316042 or email PALS@buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) so that we can put you in touch with one of our clinical team to assist with your review appointment.

Gillian Richards gave at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excision of thigh lipoma

I attended the Day Surgery Dept. at Wycombe Hospital on 18 April for the above procedure and found the whole experience very pofessional as well as being very friendly. The surgeon gave me all the details of what they intended to do and the clinician who took over was very reassuring and informative. I was able to have the procedure with a local anaesthetic so was aware of all that was happening. Everyone I came in contact with was excellent even down to the nurse who brought me coffee and toast afterwards and dealt with my discharge. Well done Day Surgery Dept. Fortunately I have not had any previous experience of Wycombe Hospital but this first experience was good.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 21 April 2017

Andy Stokes gave Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Bowl cancer screening visit

Staff at Wycombe General were very proffesional and friendly, during my visit yesterday. Wait time for my screening was not too bad - about 40mins.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

Darling Lovely Husband reviewed Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

Exceptional rehabilitation care

Please convey my compliments to the team at the Oakridge centre for their exceptional rehabilitation care that they gave me following my recent hip replacement operation.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 13 April 2017 using Care Opinion

M2017 reviewed Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

A very efficient and professional service

I visited the Aylesbury and Wycombe mobile breast screening unit at Tesco Broadfields retail park and I wanted to say how impressed I was by the 2 radiographers who were caring and reassuring throughout. I had arrived 5 minutes early and was happy to wait, but I was seen straight away, The whole thing only took 6 minutes. A very efficient and professional service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 February 2017 using Care Opinion

Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 15 February 2017

Dear service user
Thank you for posting your feedback regarding you recent visit to the mobile Breast Screening service at Tesco's Broadfields.
I am very pleased to read that you were seen straight away for you appointment and you found the Radiographers to be caring and reassuring throughout the procedure.
It is ecouraging to hear that you feel you received a very efficient and professional service and I will ensure your comments are passed on to the relevant service provider for their attention.

Anonymous reviewed Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust

in patient review as requested

cataract operation 26/01/2017. Stoke Mandeville. Very satisfied with care provided throughout and very pleased to be offered a short notice cancellation space. Only criticism is with organisation of waiting time from arrival to actual treatment. I arrived at 12-30 as requested and was not operated on until about 4p.m. Only things to happen in that time were eye drops (once) and blood pressure /signing consent form. These only took a few minutes and the long tedious wait was surely unnecessary ?

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 01 February 2017

Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 03 February 2017

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for sharing your comments of your experience as an inpatient at Stoke Mandeville Hospital, where you had undergone cataract surgery on 26/01/17.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates that feedback from patients is invaluable in helping us shape how we work in the future. It is therefore pleasing to know that you felt very satisfied with the care provided especially as you had received a short notice cancellation appointment. We wish you well for your recovery. I am sorry that you felt that the waiting period from arrival to actual treatment was long and unecessary, and I will ensure that your anonymous feedback is passed to the relevant management team for Ophthalmology, for recognition and for learning in areas where we may be able to improve.
Should you wish to share more detail about your specific experience, please contact our dedicated Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) ON 01296 316042 or email PALS@buckshealthcare.nhs.uk

Ruth gave Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Gastric appt no 2

Having suffered the first gastroenterology examination in October, I was advised that the next procedure may be longer, and for sedation to bring someone. This I duly did on November 25, and after being admitted 1 hr early, had to wait 2 and quarter hours, with canula inserted, to be informed that the procedure of using a bougie was not carried out as the Drs were not able to carry it out. The Bucks NHS website states that all procedures for gastric problems can be carried out at Wycombe or Stoke Mandeville, with qualified Drs. Why did they have unqualified staff on and why was this not picked up by Senior Nurses when I was admitted at 13.00 hours?

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 30 November 2016

Liz Lund gave Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

In-patient Stay

I have been texted several times to leave my view of my in-patient stay. However I have not been able to respond as it says invalid recipient. So have decided to leave a message here. The stay on a surgical ward was excellent in many ways regarding care and efficiency. However I was dismayed to have to go through A & E despite being referred (with a letter) from my GP who contacted the team prior to my admittance but they said they had no beds and, advised that I go through A & E. I was in a lot of pain and with a temperature but had to wait over two hours to be triaged. This was in the morning and, eventually got a bed at 11.30 that night. I would have thought that a request for admittance from a GP would by-pass the A & E wait? During my stay for 1 week, I was between teams Gastro and Surgical. This caused differences of opinion (which I can understand). However I was prepped and sent for a sigmoidoscopy by the surgical team and, after waiting 2 hours in Gastro the doctor wasn't prepared to do this procedure as it was too dangerous with the infection and inflammation that I had. I understood what the Gastro doctor said but, feel that this should have been resolved between the teams and, for me not to be piggy in the middle. By the time I left the Gastro Dept i was in a lot of pain and had missed an IV antibiotic treatment which caused my temperature to spike again and the pain to increase. Whilst on the ward I found all the staff to be very kind, attentive, efficient and thoughtful.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 01 December 2016

Anonymous gave Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Drake Day Hospital

My wife is a patient of the Drake Day Hospital, which until recently was located at Amersham. The facilities were excellent and the staff caring. I was proud to tell others what an excellent facility it was - a glowing example of the good service that the NHS is capable of. So what did you do - you moved it to High Wycombe and located it in badly prepared facilities which might be re-located elsewhere. The staff stil try to provide great service but you can see that the other visiting patients no longer have a smile on their face and seem to be waiting to go home. Unfortunately this decision has destroyed what was an excellent facility. I can no longer proudly say that our NHS trust provides this excellent facility.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 20 September 2016

Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust replied on 21 October 2016

Dear enquirer
I am very sorry to learn that you feel that the relocation of the Drake Day Hospital from Amersham to Wycombe has destroyed what you previously had felt was an excellent facility. Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust appreciates that feedback from patients and relatives is invaluable in helping us shape how we work in the future and I will ensure your comments are passed back to the manager for the service for their attention.