Birmingham Women's NHS Foundation Trust

0121 472 1377 Birmingham Womens Hospital, Mindelsohn Way, Edgbaston , Birmingham, West Midlands, B15 2TG

Anonymous gave Birmingham Women's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Cvs sampling

I just wanted to leave a positive comment about our experience of the staff on the Fetal medicine ward. My husband and I received the phone call that all 12 week pregnant women dread that our baby was high risk for downs, Edwards and patuas. We decided to head to Birmingham and have the cvs sampling done to find out for sure want was going on with our baby. From the moment we arrived staff were caring, sensitive and attentive. They took their time with us answered all our questions and never rushed us. They helped us so much to deal with what's was a very difficult day and I can't thank them enough for their kindness.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 11 April 2016

Birmingham Women's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 April 2016

Thank you so much for taking time to share your feedback with us. Our Fetal Medicine team work hard to ensure challenging messages are shared with utmost support and care. It is wonderful to hear this has been the case for you. Our team has enjoyed your feedback and it has given them an important reminder that the care they give is so very important. If you need further support from our team for anything, please contact our Patient Experience team on 0121 607 4749.

Anonymous gave Birmingham Women's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Child Birth

During child birth the staff was not very helpful, you had beg to get anything done for you.

and some of the staff was very rude.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 05 May 2016

Birmingham Women's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 May 2016

Hello, thank you for taking time to let us know that staff were not helpful and some were rude. We are so very sorry that you did not have a positive experience in our hospital. We would very much like to understand what happened in your care to be able to address your concerns specifically and hold our staff to account. We have Trust values around listening and treating others with respect which clearly were not felt by you. For this I am very sorry and disappointed. We have a number of initiatives in place to help our staff improve their ability to help and demonstrate more respect and listening. If you would like to give us more specifics on your care so we can more fully investigate or if you would like to learn more about what we are working to improve, please get in touch with our Patient Experience team on 0121 607 4749.
Many thanks,

Gillian gave Birmingham Women's NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Hospital admission appointment

I was sent an appointment letter was dated the day before appointment, for a hospital admission. I asked all contact be done via email, but. Because it seems like th had a cancelled the day before the thought the would put my name down then said I n turned up then they would say I DNA then discharge me , I think f this Is very disrespectful.

Visited in August 2015. Posted on 30 November 2015

Birmingham Women's NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 November 2015

Thank you so much for taking time to feedback. It sounds like it was frustrating to receive a letter with only a day’s notice for your appointment. We are very sorry for the distress this caused you and are aware that on some occasions our letters go out without much lead time. Please be aware that we are working on ensuring that communication with our patients is both timely and relevant. We would never want our communication to cause you any distress. There are a number of reasons this might have taken place, and if you’d like to get in touch, we can investigate your particular situation more fully. If you would like further details about your particular communication, we would be happy to investigate and give you more clarity on what actually might have occurred. 0121 607 4749