Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

020 3315 8000 369 Fulham Road , London, SW10 9NH

Jade gave Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Disrespectful staff

Every single outpatient appointment I have had I have waited 1+ hours after the allotted appt time. 3+ hours on one occasion. Tried to contact them on 4 occasions to rebook an appointment. This was ignored even after leaving messages and appointment was delayed by 7 months. Overbooked clinics and under-trained admin.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 09 September 2017

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 October 2017

Dear Jade, we are sorry to hear about your experiences which clearly aren't of the high standards we aim for with all our patients. If you could get in touch, in confidence, via our patient advice and liaison service then we can investigate the problems you have experienced and respond to you directly. Please email wmpals@chelwest.nhs.uk / or call 020 8321 6261.

Anonymous gave Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Consultants dismissive / arrogant / uninterested

I've unfortunately been at this hospital a while under various investigations, however this hospital seems to host the most arrogant, dismissive consultants I've ever come across.

Time pressure obviously exists, but when this is portrayed by a consultant asking a patient of their symptoms to then abruptly cut them off telling them it's not important, disregard their questions and tell them their concerns are of no importance, is just astounding.

This arrogance carries through to AMU also and I fail to believe that serious issues are not being missed due to the arrogance of the consultant's premidation of what the issue is, instead of actually listening to the patient when asked and investigating properly.

Patients are made to feel stupid and dismissed for simply wanting to know what is wrong. And when trying to understand results are belittled and smirked at as though asking a question implies that the patient thinks they are dying - which they do not. Understanding results is a reasonable and expected ask.

Patients should be treated with respect, dignity and understanding. I believe this hospital fails that.

All in all, I could not recommend this hospital to anyone for anything other than simple investigations.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 23 August 2017

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 August 2017

Dear Patient,

We are very sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience here at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Please note that in order to log raised concerns we kindly ask you to provide us with a name of the department you are referring to. One we have this information, we will forward your comments to the management of this department.

Kind Regards,

Patient Experience Team at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
Pals@chelwest.nhs.uk

Anonymous gave Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Terrible experience

I went to a&me with abdominal pain and was left alone in a side room screaming in agony eventually two nurses came to see me. They did nothing to help but stood at the foot of the bed giggling and playing with their mobile phones. I passed out and when I came around I was spoken to by a doctor who told me I had a bowel obstruction and needed immediate surgery.
After the surgery I was admitted to a ward which was a terrible experience. I was bullied by the nurses who withheld pain relief because they said they thought I was a drug addict. I eventually got access to a phone and rang my next of kin who came to see me and spoke to the doctor who apologised for the way I was being mistreated. I discharged myself and went to another hospital where I was treated like a human being.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 September 2017

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 September 2017

Dear Patient,

We are sorry to hear of your concerns. However before we can proceed with your enquiry we require further details from you. Please can you provide your hospital number and/or date of birth and address? Upon receiving this information your complaint will be passed on to the relevant managers.

Patient Experience Team
pals@chelwest.nhs.uk

NP gave Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Worst experience of my life

I was referred to the hospital following what had already been an ordeal. I spent the previous day in Whitechapel hospital having been referred there; and the folk at Whitechapel proceeded to refer me to my GP to request an ultrasound. My GP sent me to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital urgently with a letter from herself expressing her concern and requesting the scan. I waited for 1.5 hours before a nurse came to fetch me. I relayed the story (for the 10th time) before he asked if I wanted pain killers (to which I obliged as the pain had gotten worse) and they asked me to give a urine sample (despite having cleared 3 urine samples in the last 24 hours. I left, went to the bathroom to do yet another pee-in-a-cup wondering why this was necessary, and then waited in the waiting room for my painkillers to arrive before seeing the doctor. I waited for 1 hour before going to reception to ask when my painkillers would arrive, where they arrogantly dismissed me saying 'soon'. I waited in total 1 hour 30 minutes for the painkillers (total time in hospital now = 3 hours, still no doctor). There were NO drinking cups in the waiting room and I was watching everyone there struggle to bend down to put their lips around the water fountain (talk about spreading a disease). Finally, after waiting a total of 4 hours I was seen to by a doctor. This was the worst experience of my life. From the minute I walked in, the doctor was rude and dismissive. I was crying, shocked at how much they lacked empathy, and was making me feel pathetic. I started to describe my story and they constantly interrupted, abruptly repeating one thing I had said (often incorrectly) before urging me to move on. I showed them the THREE referral letters I had from a.) the sexual health clinic St Barts b.) WhiteChapel A&E c.) my GP; all stated that I needed an ultrasound. The doctor refused to let me see a gynaecologist or get an ultrasound and continued to talk to me in a demeaning, emotionless manner. I was distraught that I'd spent the best part of 2 full days in waiting rooms to get a test done that quite clearly is needed, was feeling increasingly worse, and they completely dismissed me from the hospital without so much as guidance for next steps forward or any constructive advice of what I should do to fix the mistakes in the administration that had been made (i.e. to ask my GP to call the hospital and make an appointment). The doctor did not so much as blink when I said I'd lost all faith in the NHS, that I didn't understand why they were making me feel like it was MY FAULT for waiting there for 4 hours only to be dismissed, when all I was doing was following the orders from the medical practitioners I had seen. After leaving, I passed out and vomited in the underground, whose staff cared for me better than the A&E. Of course I refused to get into the ambulance they called - how were they going to help?

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 February 2017

We are sorry to read about your recent experiences and would like the opportunity to investigate and respond to you properly. Please do get in touch, in confidence, by emailing pals.service@wmuh.nhs.uk or calling 020 8321 6261.

Martin Moore gave Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding standard of care

I was admitted on the morning of Friday 11 November with acute stomach spasms having collapsed in pain whilst I was at work. An ambulance was despatched and arrived within half an hour. I entered A&E and was provided with pain relief whilst a diagnosis was sought with the help of detailed monitoring, X-rays and a CT scan. I was told that I was passing a kidney stone and was provided with pain relief and discharged that evening. Throughout my care I felt I received an outstanding level of care and support, and supporting equipment and technology was close to hand when required. Mine was an excellent experience and I doubt that I could possibly have received better care anywhere. The staff I met with were universally professional and caring. Thank you!

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 28 November 2016

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 March 2017

Dear Mr Moore,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.
It has been logged onto our system so the management can share it with the rest of their team.

Patient Experience Team at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Stefanija Ilkov gave Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Absolutely great!!!

I was registered in C&W hospital since I got preagnant. I had few complications in the pregnancy and I neede to go to the hospital. I was treated at all times with maximum care. Doctors, nurses and midwifes were very careful and picked up on every single small detail. Thoroughly examined during pregnancy. Very polite, knowledgeable, considerant, amazing people.
Had great experience in labor. The midwifes were very calm and , paying attention to my needs also including my husband in all the experience.
Also the Cherry team of midwifes that works together is great. Had great help from them. They helped me deal with so many "scary" situations then and also prepared me to go through everything after baby was born as I moved away in my 7th month of the pregnancy.
I am thankful and grateful to everyone that helped me in my new experience.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 12 February 2017

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 March 2017

Dear Ms IIkov,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.
We have logged it onto our system so the management can share with the rest of their staff.

Patient Experience Team
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Great place, great staff.....lousy admin lets it all down

Five star environment and people. However we don't go there for a hotel. Don't expect to get your results any time soon or at all. All of our letter and referrals were either not sent or lost and since many go via Delhi, and are transcribed in India, it's why your doctor spends time dictating and saying, comma,msoace, backets. The coffee shop is used as an office by staff, so younger to have los of interning info, sucj as the issue with middle princesses bot paying their bills for their private care. And the food in coffee shop is all bread and ham,...but the main thing is their issues that have been farmed out and that they have no one good system to send results to your GP.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 21 September 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experiences which clearly aren't of the high standards we aim for with all our patients. If you could get in touch, in confidence, via our patient advice and liaison service then we can investigate the problems you have experienced and respond to you directly. Please email wmpals@chelwest.nhs.uk / or call 020 8321 6261.

Charity B gave Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ultrasound injection on Knee

I had an ultrasound injection to the knee done by a particular member of staff, they were very could and put me at ease. The NHS need more people like them. Thank you once again

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 03 September 2016

Dear Charity, thank you for your lovely feedback. We hope that you are feeling much better after your injection.

Edna Aves reviewed Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

AAU Doctors, Nurses and Staff.

Thank you so much for looking after me during my stay n the hospital. You all are so kind. Thank you.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 18 February 2016

Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 March 2016

Dear Patient,

Thank you very much for your lovely comments.
They have been forwarded to the management of AAU.
Kind Regards,