Medway NHS Foundation Trust

01634 830000 Medway Maritime Hospital, Windmill Road , Gillingham, Kent, ME7 5NY

Anonymous gave Medway NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

14 hrs in a &e

my daughter arrived at A&E at 7pm on the 3th july ,she was taken to majors and obs etc done .She had already been in on the 1st july and discharged ,the nurse on the 3rd said she should never have been discharged without a scan as she had fainted and banged her head,her blood pressure and heart rate were very high,she was discharged with pain killers.Anyway back to the 3rd july my daughter has sat in majors for 13 hrs waiting for a bed on a ward.She has been given a blanket !!!! she is in pain,tired and starving.At 8am she was taken to wakeley ward

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 July 2017

Medway NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Pauline Tame gave Medway NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care and support

The care from the ambulance team, the nurses, doctors and and radiographer was superb. The staff were caring, professional and thorough.
Thank you, the care was excellent.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

Medway NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 May 2017

Thank you very much for your positive comments

Kerry Green gave Medway NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic job nurses and staff done on kingfisher ward medwa

I recently was looked after by nurses and surgeons in the SAU and kingfisher ward. I would just like to say thank you to everyone who had a part in leaking care of me to my operation. This was my first time being in hospital and everyone made me feel relaxed. Everyone involved done a brilliant job and went the extra mile to know they cared for my well being. Nurses and surgeons could not of done a better job and coverd every aspect to make sure I was recovering well. Every staff was freindly. Thank you to all who looked after me.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 April 2017

Medway NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 May 2017

Thank you very much for your positive comments which will be shared with the staff who cared for you. May I take this opportunity to wish you well with you continued recovery following surgery.

Lynne gave Medway NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Breast Care Unit

I attended the Breast Care Unit on Thursday, 9th March and was feeling very nervous. I needn't have been. The staff at this Unit are lovely. You receive a friendly welcome from the receptionists and the Radiographer carrying out my screening put me at my ease, was friendly, professional and very caring.

The atmosphere in this Unit is one of calm and reassurance and makes a 'necessary evil' more bearable.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 13 March 2017

Anonymous reviewed Medway NHS Foundation Trust

A surprisingly good experience at the dermatology department

My name came to the top of the waiting list for a dermatology outpatient appointment in February 2017 and i was lucky enough to be seen by a Dr who listened attentively and sympathetically before prescribing suitable treatments. The only downside was the time spent waiting to be seen. Is it not possible to devise a better appointments system that takes into account and allows for some elasticity in the clinic range?

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 12 March 2017

Medway NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome any suggestions and would like to thank you for your comment about the appointment system.

Jean Marsh gave Medway NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Dermatology Department

I was recently treated for a large basal skin carcinoma on my temple. From start to finish my treatment was nothing short of excellent. The doctor and their team of nurses are all very friendly and made me feel totally at ease from the initial consultation, the operation and the stitch removal. Every detail was explained and the follow up was very professional. Thank you to all involved.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 19 February 2017

Anonymous gave Medway NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Will Adams Ward

We have witnessed some of the situations mentioned in JW post. My elderly mother was admitted 2 weeks ago. The paramedics were excellent as was A&E but not so on this ward. As a family we saw patients not being offered drinks and no record appears to be kept of fluid and food intake. We believe if we hadn't been feeding and giving my mum drinks she probably would have died. She is still in the hospital but not on this ward. Most of the nurses and the auxiliary staff were good, but some didn't appear very caring. We have also kept a diary and where possible a log of names and as and when our Mum hopefully recovers we will we writing a letter of complaint.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 20 January 2017

Medway NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback which has been shared with the relevant senior nursing staff.

Penelope gave Medway NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Byron ward

Caring lovely staff on this ward

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 February 2017

Jw gave Medway NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

keep your elderly relatives out of this hospital

My Nan is currently staying in hospital, Will Adams ward. She was admitted with an infection and diagnosed with a blocked gallbladder. She was active when she went into hospital and had good but not perfect bladder control. She is now getting frail by the day and is now incontinent. There are some lovely nurses but NHS is failing my Nan. She will die if something isn't done. She is not getting the care she deserves. People are left for hours needing the toilet, they ask to get out or go back to bed but left for hours before something is done. More importantly they are not making sure people are eating properly. I have seen an elderly patient who has not eaten her dinner have her chart marked off that she had eaten. She even had her evening meal marked off as eaten before the evening meal even came round. They are not making sure patients are drinking enough. If my Nan got the care she needs she is a fighter and would recover. I am keeping a diary of all events and if things don't improve will look at getting her moved.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 30 December 2016

Medway NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 February 2017

We are sorry to hear that the care provided to your Nan has not been to a level that you would expect. We would like to look into your concerns in more detail but will need some more information from you so that we can do this. You can contact the PALS team between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, by phone on 01634 825004 or 01634 830000 x5793 or by email at Pals@medway.nhs.uk.

James Quinn gave Medway NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Kingfisher ward staff

I have just returned home after a weeks stay under the care of the Kingfisher nursing staff who were fantastic with only two exceptions I encountered during the night. Staff nurses were excellent and their teams a credit top them. There was also an excellent kind caring agency nurse who worked one night, i cant remember their name but they were fantastic. I would like to thank all these kind caring people for looking after me and making my stay comfortable

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 14 November 2016

Medway NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 December 2016

Thank you very much for providing feedback on the care that you received at Medway. We hope you are recovering well.