Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

0344 811 8111 Rake Lane , North Shields, Tyne and Wear, NE29 8NH

Suzanne gave Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thanks a&e and ward10 NSECH 10-12th sept

Was seen at a&e then transferred to ward 10 after a collapse at work scaring my colleagues & myself! Every single member of staff was friendly, reassuring and professional . I can not thank them enough for their fantastic treatment, they were all a credit to the trust.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 13 September 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 September 2017

Dear Suzanne,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review, I do hope you’re well on the road to recovery. It must have been an exceptionally worrying time for you and your colleagues and I’m just so pleased to hear that you were well taken care of by our teams.

It’s really important for them to know that the care and attention they provide to patients is well received and I’ll make sure that they have an opportunity to read your kind words.

I do hope your recovery continues and if you have any concerns in the future please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Warm regards
Annie

Annie Laverty
Director of Patient Experience

Fiona campbell gave Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Appendectomy

Was admitted to the a&e on July 9th promptly seen by very friendly professional people refered to obs ward had ct scan then admitted with appendicitis to ward 15 I was extremely well looked after by the lovely staff there especially one staff member who even managed to sort my unusual dietery requirements had my appendix removed next day porters and theatre staff made a scary time much better for me I can't give enough praise and thanks to these lovely people proof positive our Nhs are brilliant

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 July 2017

Dear Ms Fiona Campbell,

It’s great to read your thoughtful review of our care following your appendectomy. I am relieved that our compassionate staff provided support and reassurance to you during such a scary time. It would be a pleasure to pass your comments to the staff involved in looking after you. In order for me to do this I would appreciate you letting us know at which hospital you received care. Please could you let me know via email patient.experience@nhct.nhs.uk and I will pass your praise directly to the caring team.

All the best,

Jan

Jan Hutchinson – Service Improvement Lead

Claire MacKarill gave Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery at Alnwick

I'd just like to say how impressed I was with the care, attitude and professionalism of all the staff during my short stay at Alnwick dcs unit. Each of the team member explained exactly what was going to happen and what to expect following the surgery. The unit had a happy and relaxed atmosphere which was reassuring. Four of us were admitted at midday, had procedures which involved a general anaesthetic and the teams efficiency enabled all to be discharged home between 4 and 6 o,clock.
I have, unfortunately , seen some poor care when visiting relatives in other local hospitals but this experience has proven that excellent care is possible to give in today's busy NHS.
Claire ( retired nurse).

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 June 2017

Dear Claire,

It is always a pleasure to read about the care our staff provide to their patients, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is so important to us that our patients feel that they are fully informed about their procedures and know what to expect, so I am so pleased that this was the case for you. It is lovely to know that your experience at Alnwick has reassured you that we can provide excellent care and efficiency even in very busy times.

I will pass on your kind words to the Day Surgery team; they will be pleased and proud to read them.

I hope you are recovering well from your surgery.

Anonymous gave Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great care at Cramlington

I was admitted with a broken ankle on Tuesday 31May with an appointment after visiting Alnwick Minor Injuries. I needed an operation and I was kept in over night because of. Low blood pressure. I spent a day in Ward 1 trauma care. The treatment was excellent. The staff were ready to help at any time, although they were obviously busy, and were very kind and friendly.I was lucky to have my own room. I was seen by several staff members, including a physiotherapist and an occupational therapist. They sorted me out with equipment, Zimmer frame, crutches, and arranged for home aids to be sent the same day to use the bathroom safely. Not least the menu was extensive and good, with regular tea and coffee. Television is free and parking £1 a day. Finally I was taken home to the Alnwick area by a wonderful driver who helped my husband get me into the house.

I would like to thank the staff, surgeons,doctors, nurses, and all other staff for a day which left me feeling much happier and more confident than if I had gone home the night before.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 01 June 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 June 2017

Dear anonymous,

What a lovely review, thank you so much for taking the time to share it. I was delighted to read about how kind and friendly our staff were and I am pleased that our facilities enhanced your experience.

It is so important to us that our patients feel confident and safe when being discharged home, so I’m very glad that this was the case for you. I will be sure to pass on your review to the teams involved in your care, a lovely way to start their weekend.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Carol Todd gave Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Recent stay

I was admitted to Cramlington on Tuesday Tuesday 30 May with severe breathing problems. I spent 3 nights on ward 3, then transferred to ward 2 at Wansbeck.
I need to let you know that the whole of my patient experience was splendid. The staff on both wards were kind, considerate, professional and attentive even when they were extremely busy. I was reassured instantly and left feeling I had been very well cared for.

Carol Todd.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 June 2017

Dear Carol,

I am delighted to read about your experience with us and I am so happy that you received such positive care. Kind, considerate, professional and attentive are exactly the qualities that we aim to achieve and provide for our patients. Our staff on Ward 3 and Ward 2 will be so pleased to read your kind words, a lovely boost that will be greatly appreciated.

Jessica Mallach – Head of Quality Improvement and Patient Experience

Anonymous gave at Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

1st Class Care on Ward 15 at Wansbeck

All the staff were professional and very caring. They all took time to explain procedures and showed compassion when I was unwell after my general anesthetic.
Special thanks to the young apprentice who was very knowledgeable and spent time talking to me.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 June 2017

Dear Anonymous

Thanks very much for sharing this with us. I was sorry to hear that you felt so rotten after your anaesthetic, but reassured that our kind, attentive and caring staff were on hand to support you through this. Thanks for noticing the contribution of our apprentices – we have many in the trust in a variety of roles and it's lovely to be able to celebrate the contribution they make to high quality care.

With best wishes,

Annie

Annie Laverty
Director of Patient Experience & Quality

Aidan Quigley gave Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care

I underwent hand surgery at North Tyneside General Hospital under the care of my consultant and their colleagues on Ward 8.The Theatre staff were very friendly and put you at ease during the procedure. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hospital and the excellent medical care to anyone considering treatment.

Many thanks again to all the staff involved in my care.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 May 2017

Dear Aidan,

It’s good to hear that you had such a positive experience at North Tyneside Hospital, many thanks for taking the time to share it with us. I am so pleased that our staff were able to put you at ease, and it’s always great to hear that patients would recommend our services. It will be a pleasure to pass this onto the teams involved in your care.

I do hope you are recovering well from your procedure.

Jessica Mallach – Head of Quality Improvement and Patient Experience

John Twizell gave Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

CramingtonCC

On Friday the 28th April I suffered breathlessness and chest pain and was admitted to Cramlington CC unit. I would just to thank the A@E department and ward ten, the professionalism, kindness and attention to detail that I was given was exemplary.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 04 May 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 May 2017

Dear John,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your review. It will be a pleasure to pass on your gratitude to the staff, it’s always lovely for them to receive such positive feedback and to know that they provided you with great care.

Ward 15 Wansbeck hospital

I attended ward 15 at Wansbeck hospital for day surgery, very anxious and nervous. All the staff connected to the ward were absolutely wonderful, they put me at ease and looked after me brilliantly. I can't thank them all enough, they made a stressful and anxious time as calm as it could be. They were very busy but still took the time to put me at ease.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 February 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 February 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am delighted that you were looked after so well and that the staff were able to put you at ease, during what was a very anxious time for you. It’s so important to us that patients have this experience. It will be a pleasure to pass on your kind words to the team involved in your care, I know they will appreciate it.

Barbara Steel reviewed Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

TIA on New Year's Day

Having read to-day's Journal I would like to record my recent experience of the exceptional care I received at Cramlington following a TIA early on New Year's Day and to express my gratitude to all those involved. The ambulance arrived at my home promptly, the paramedics were extremely efficient and kind. Admission to A and E was well organised, the stroke team thorough and attentive, extensive tests were done with results received quickly. The nursing was kind, the good food and the ward comfortable and well-run. Medication was prescribed and talked through carefully and discharge achieved easily. Support throughout a frightening experience was practical and comforting. I cannot praise all those involved in my care highly enough during a spell when the hospital was obviously extremely busy. I know how lucky we are to live in an area with such wonderful medical facilities and special people involved in the administration. I would be grateful if you could pass on my thanks to all those involved in my care.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 10 January 2017

Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 January 2017

Dear Barbara,

What a lovely review, I was just so pleased to read this and I’m very grateful that you’ve taken the time to share your experience. I am delighted that you describe your care as exceptional, and I am glad that you felt supported throughout your stay, this is so important for us to provide. I know after the increase of attendances that the hospital has seen over the winter months, your kind words will be so appreciated, and it will be a pleasure to pass on your review to the teams involved in your care. Please do not hesitate to get back in touch should you need anything else from us.

With best wishes,