Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

01582 491166 Lewsey Road , Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0DZ

Colin Snow gave Orthopaedics at Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Urology Department - Excellent service

In my experience, I have found all staff to be very professional and reassuring. From day one of discovery, through diagnosis to Bracytherapy treatment for prostate cancer. The yearly follow ups and most recently attending for cystoscopy & TURPs treatment., I have been dealt with excellent service. Yes there are waits because of the demand, but from reception clerks to screening staff through to pre assessment and surgical staff, all have been very professional, explained what treatment is required and has been carried out with utmost professionalism.
It's difficult to 'recommend at stay' in hospital, but if you do find yourself in this situation, this is a 'good place' to be.
I really appreciate and thank all the department for what they have done for me

Colin S

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased your experience has been a positive one and will pass your comments on to department managers and team.

Emanuela Luppi gave Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Owful

Very bad treatment my baby has been taken from a&e because he had apnea episodes..he hasn'the been looked after just some reading and the doctor showed up once a day..he is not getting any better and start to vomit for every feed and not taking a decent amount and they saying he is getting better. We don'the have any result in more thenews 48 hours and no one is telling us anything

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 January 2017

Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 February 2017

We are very concerned to hear that your experience has been an unpleasant one. Please be assured that we will investigate this matter as much as we can from the information given.

GemH reviewed Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

Urologist

My brother, had a referral to a specialist at this hospital. In his case he has a rare syndrome that is fairly new and unknown in the medical world. Having seen the senior consultant he was told that he can not be helped and the consultant will not be researching it or going any further as they did not believe in this condition. My brother left immediately and had a severe anxiety attack due to the feeling of not being able to be helped. I feel very disturbed that a doctor could like this. Unfortunately it is a new syndrome developed from a side effect of a prescription drug that can lead to suicide. In his case he has had an extreme auto immune reaction to this, affecting many areas of his health. What does the board suggest to do, as I will not let this slip through the net.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 18 January 2017

Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 April 2017

We would encourage you to contact our Patient Affairs Office directly on 01582 497 002, or email complaints.officer@ldh.nhs.uk if you would like us to address any of your concerns further.

lyndsay gave Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Care given by Accident and Emergency.

On 12th April I was sent to A&E by my GP due to an infection in my mouth, I'd developed as a result of having a tooth removed.
I booked myself in, as you do, with the A&E receptionists. They were ever so friendly and as I explained my situation they proceeded to explain the next step. I wouldn't say my case was urgent, more of a precaution by my GP. Firstly, I was called to see the nurse who assesses you. They were so friendly and made me laugh, which put me at ease. I was due to see the max fax team for a quick once over, they numbed my mouth, cleaned it all out and packed it with the appropriate dressing. I'm not very good with needles and when my mouth was numbed I was very panicked and upset. The whole team at A&E were fantastic in their care of me.
My waiting time was minimal considering I was in A&E, and I left feeling proper looked after.
Since my visit my mouth has healed perfectly. I am so grateful for everything that Luton and Dunstable hospital did for me.
It is one of the best hospitals around by far.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 05 May 2016

SJN gave Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Delivery suite excellence

Its taken ages to write this review but i wanted to say a huge thank you to the team on delivery suite for their amazing care while i had my little boy. All the midwives and MCAs were brilliant and very supportive to both my husband and I. Thank you all xx

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 23 January 2017

Anonymous gave Luton and Dunstable University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Crisis Team lives up to its name

As a long-term sufferer of depression I recently attended L&D Hospital A&E during a particularly severe drop in mood. I was treated quickly and efficiently by the reception staff and then told to wait by the triage nurse... I was then ignored for nearly 3hrs so I left.

The following day I went to my GP as I was still extremely fragile and was given an appointment with the L&D Hospital the Crisis team.
My dealings with the team read like a comedy of errors... staff answering mobile phones during meetings, appointments being made for me without my knowledge... They are in my opinion utterly in-affective.

The next time I feel like life is no longer worth living at least I know where not to go.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 24 November 2015

Nurses and back office staff great. and thats about it

This hospital just can't communicate.
Anyone above a nursing grade seems to lose the ability to listen and act accordingly.

They just want to save pennies and treat stastics with more respect than patients.

Visited in June 2015. Posted on 11 November 2015