North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust

01642 617617 University Hospital of North Tees, Hardwick Road , Stockton on Tees, Cleveland, TS19 8PE

Noremac gave North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service

We called the nhs 111 number because of my daughter's breathing problem. They gave is a set time to come in which was only 40 minutes away from when we made the call. We were seen promptly and received a fantastic level of care.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 October 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Oren judge gave North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Twice I have been to this hospital an both times were great.

Once again thank you for the first class treatment from the doctor and their team , A first class Hospital and staff , Thank you

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the hospital directors. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Ogilvien gave North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Helpful receptionists at the X-ray department

I attended for X-rays on 23rd August. Due to misinformation from my GP, I was unable to have this carried out because the referral had expired. The receptionist did all they could to try and get the referral updated. This could not happen until later in the day, but they telephoned me at home as soon as the referral came through.

I was very frustrated and cross about the inconvenience of the whole situation. The receptionist showed a great deal of understanding and helped to pour oil over troubled waters.

I was very impressed with her kind understanding.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Delivery suit and ward 22

After a less than fantastic time having my first daughter 7 years ago at North Tees, I reluctantly chose to return to north tees to have my second daughter in July this year as I am a nurse at the trust.
I had a fantastic experience, the two midwives who looked after us for day shift and then night shift on delivery suit were amazing, supportive and followed everything that I had on my birth plan without even mentioning it. I cannot praise them enough.
The midwives and assistants who cared for us on ward 22 again, were amazing. They were friendly, helpful and attentive and I felt well supported in breastfeeding.
I would also like to mention how brilliant the community midwives were, really going into detail to check everything was going well and I felt they were easy to talk to and open up to.
Thanks to the lovely staff I had the birth I had hoped for and now have wonderful memories.
This has completely changed my opinion since my first birth and I am so glad I chose North Tees to birth my baby.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 31 August 2017

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Accident & Emergency

01/07/17 After arriving at the department 5.30pm - 10.00pm with my elderly father I can honestly say our Nhs is something to be proud of. From the receptionists , Nurses,right through to the doctor who was excellent !!! they treated my father with respect, dignity and care.
The staff and police have alot to deal with. All the staff never stopped caring, we felt we were in careful hands.

So Thank you North Tees staff on behalf of my father me and my partner. Keep doing what you do your fantastic all of you ☺☺☺ X

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 July 2017

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 July 2017

Anonymous gave North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Taken off tablets has left me in pain.

Was on leflunomide for years.As soon as was taken of leflunomide was in a lot of pain.Doctors Nurses response go and see your doctor.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 03 July 2017

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns about your medication could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or e mail patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk

Heroes

I want to thank the staff at the Urgent Care Unit and the Paediatric Unit who were very friendly and professional. Our 1 year old had high fever temperature and was not very alert. They correctly assessed the situation and we were referred to the Paediatric Unit. Although it took 6 hours in total before we left (we understand that there are also other patients to attend to), we were very satisfied that a correct diagnosis had been made and the correct prescription given which we were consulted about.
The NHS staff are heroes in my opinion, too often under-appreciated.
Thank you North Tees, we are very fortunate to have such professional health care freely available.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 July 2017

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 July 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your child's care.

Joseph Woods gave North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Efficient, caring, thorough - great advert for the NHS

I attended the Accident & Emergency department last night with symptoms of fever and chest pains - I was booked in quickly - seen by a triage nurse and then had a urine sample, blood test, ECG and chest x-ray. The duty consultant was top class - checked me out and got the various tess underway. The same doctor saw me with the test results - all checked and tested within 2 hours - explained the detail of all the results and gave me a diagnosis and some medication. The whole thing was carried out in 2.5 hours. All the staff from the receptionist through to the nurses and the doctor were caring, interested and professional - a first class service, I would like to pass on these comments to the team who dealt with me.

My only complaint has nothing to do with the service I received at the hospital which was exemplary - this needs to be passed on to the overarching NHS leadership - at 7-30 on a Wednesday night I was unable to see any medical professional in the Hartlepool area - the minor injuries unit is closed and there is no out of hours GP cover - I then had to drive 20 miles to the A&E. This is an absolutely useless system - the 111 is beyond useless - all they do is take 30 minutes taking all your details and then tell you to go to your nearest hospital!!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our service on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care.

If you would like to highlight your concerns about the 111 service please contact the North East Ambulance Service (NEAS) on 0191 4302152.

Please accept our good wishes for the future.

BJA reviewed North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust

Communication issues

I have been trying to contacted the One Life Centre at Hartlepool ( number provided & correct) after trying for 2 days the phone just continues to ring then just disconnects. Why have a valid phone number with no one on the other end to answer it, or just disconnects you! i feel like it Ridiculous! !

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 11 April 2017 using Care Opinion

North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 May 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave General Medicine at North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Poor care

I really wonder if staff can be bothered. I stayed overnight post surgery and during that time I witnessed the medicines trolley left unattended three times. Also, I was supposed to have three lots of antibiotics via drip, but only received two. I was not offered any help to get out of bed or wash. My discharge summary stated I was given Friends and Family questionnaire, but I was not. Bed pans all over toilet floor and food taken away before I had finished. Very sloppy.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 May 2017