County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust

01325 380100 Darlington Memorial Hospital, Hollyhurst Road , Darlington, DL3 6HX

Maureen Nellis gave County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Treatment in Day Surgical Ward, university Hospital of Durha

Wonderful treatment. Keyhole surgery for removal of Gallbladder. Went in Wednesday 27th September 2017, discharged Saturday 30th September 2017. Nurses were run off their feet but they gave everyone the best attention possible. Always smiling and caring. Nothing was too much bother for them. I would like them to be praised for all the hard work they do.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 October 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to the Surgical Ward at UHND.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the relevant manager to pass onto the staff on your behalf. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Tel: 0800 7835774

David Keenan gave County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Level Of Care Provided.

Upon attending my 6 Monthly diabetic review with my consultant, I was extremely happy with their professional and honest manner of discussing my progress with my condition. The consultant went into detail concerning how my current medication was affecting and improving my condition (type 2 diabetes) and also discussed my current choices in diet, exercise, weight etc. since our last meeting to get a good grasp on my personal situation with this illness. I found the consultant's manner to be courteous, caring, professional and extremely knowledgeable during my consultation and am very happy that my ongoing care is in their hands.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 May 2017

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 May 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience with the Trust in regard to your Diabetic review with your consultant.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Service Manager to pass onto the staff on your behalf. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Tel: 0800 7835774

Elizabeth gave General dental treatment at County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Gynaecology surgery

I was admitted to ward 9 after a referral from my doctor following unusual early pregnancy symptoms . I initially was expecting a scan and to go home . Unfortunately I was diagnosed with suspected trophoblastic disease and an operation was scheduled for the same day . I can not fault any member of staff I dealt with that day everything was clearly explained to myself and my partner . The nurses were lovely and really made the whole horrible situation bearable and easier to deal with.
I'm yet to have any follow up appointment but I expect I will receive the same friendly professional service .

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 April 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience on Ward 9.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Matron to pass onto the staff on your behalf. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Tel: 0800 7835774

Tina Cuthbert gave County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thanks

Cannot believe how helpful and efficient this service is. Called at 8.00pm with concerns, had a call back by 8.15, an appointment for 8.45 and home by 9.15 with antibiotics in toe. Thankyou so much

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 March 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience.

Tel: 0800 7835774

Anonymous gave County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A&b visit . Awesome compassionate , caring staff

I have just been discharge from A&e in Darlington . I really am speechless at the service all staff provided today. I am an extremely anxious patient & presented today with a specific health concern. They were all amazing , special thanks to one member of staff and the doctor , as well as a wonderful triage nurse. I don't think they realised the impact they had on my extreme anxiety , I came away with my faith completely restored in our amazing NHS. Yes they are rushed off their feet but I never once felt like I was a nuisance or a innconvience to them. I would be grateful if my gratitude could be passed on .

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 12 March 2017

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 March 2017

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the A& E to pass onto the staff on your behalf. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Anonymous reviewed County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust

thanks to ward 51

Such professional , kind and attentive staff !nothing was too much trouble !!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 03 February 2017

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 February 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience of Ward 51 at Darlington Memorial Hospital.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the Ward Manager to pass onto the staff on your behalf. I know they will be encouraged by your positive comments.

Tel: 0800 7835774

Anonymous gave County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Consultant appointment

My 26 year old daughter has just returned from an appointment with a particular Consultant at Darlington Memorial hospital & is most distressed at their attitude towards her. She was referred by our GP ( who also treat her appallingly) as she has had breast pain for many years now. She was not allowed to give a comprehensive overview of her symptoms as the Consultant was under the impression she had been referred for a breast reduction & as we are aware the NHS do not fund this surgery very readily now. She was told " I I know why you are here & I can't help you with that", "it is very unlikely you have breast cancer as you are only 26", I "I don't know how to tell you this but I'm not an expert on breast pain", " if it was breast cancer it would not be painful like it is", " I hate to tell you but you're not the only one" & was told to take two Primrose oil tablets & massage them daily! I am appalled at the service provided and have found this treatment archaic and unsympathetic. My daughter cries most days because of the pain despite taking maximum dose paracetamol & ibuprofen, however, the anguish of not knowing if there is any problems with her breasts is more worrying to her. She was promptly discharged from their care without any follow-up or tests - shocking treatment

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 05 January 2017

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 January 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your daughter's recent experience at Darlington Memorial Hospital.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with her experience on this occasion.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with her and if she would like to contact us with some more details it would enable the Matron/Manager to look into your concerns for her. If she feels this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774. If she would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is cdda-tr.patientexperiencecddft@nhs.net and she can make a formal complaint via this email address.

If she does decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Rude and unorganised

Had an appointment today. Appointment time 8.30am, reception does not open till 8.30am ??? Had eye drops put in and asked if I could see when replied no nurse said just go and wait in the waiting room which was round the corner, so I made my way unaccompanied.Doctor I eventually saw was rude and abrupt

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 09 January 2017

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 January 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to one of our hospitals.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience on this occasion and we will make sure your feedback is passed to the Matron.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns with you and if you would like to contact us with your name and some more details it would enable the Matron/Manager to look into your concerns for you. If you feel this would be useful please contact the Trust’s Patient Experience Team on 0800 7835774. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is cdda-tr.patientexperiencecddft@nhs.net and you can make a formal complaint via this email address.

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

Tel: 0800 7835774

Anonymous gave General dental treatment at County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

waiting times

Visited this deparment today for 6 month follow up appointment after knee surgery once again dissapointed in the time having to wait go early to check in seems your name goes to the bottom of the pile everyone after myself and a couple of others all got sent for xray before us another wait there then back to clinic to wait again surely when all attending the clinic at the same time it should be prioritised in order of arrival know wonder this hospital gets a bad name all told 2 hrs when only in with mr for 5 minutes if that no problems with the staff who I say all lovely but things need to be more organised

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 25 October 2016

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 October 2016

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent experience with our Trust.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your experience on this occasion and we will make sure your feedback is passed to the Manager of the service. Although the title of the comment says Community Dental I have assumed as you have mentioned this appointment relates to knee surgery that this is for Orthopaedic Out-patients.

Annette Bowes reviewed County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust

Transport

I rang NHS transport this morning around 8.30 am, to ask for transport to Bishop Auckland hospital for my weekly appointment at physio after a dislocated and full rotary cuff repair operation 4 weeks ago. I have only ever used this transport once in my 67yrs , as there was none of my friends or relatives able to take me. The member of staff whom dealt with my call was rude and made me feel 2 inches high, saying why could I not take a bus as I was not classed as unable to do so. Believe you me if I could have got any other way I would have done so, anything would have been better than the way I was treated on the phone. I am told that the phone calls are recorded so perhaps someone will be able to replay and recall.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 15 August 2016

County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 August 2016

Thank you for leaving your comment on the website. Unfortunately this is not something County Durham & Darlington Patient Experience Team can look into for you as we do not manage this service. If you want to raise a concern or make a complaint about the phone call you made and the attitude of the member of staff you can contact the North of Tyne Pals service who could investigate this for you. Their contact number is 0800 0320202 and their email is northoftynepals@nhct.nhs.uk.

0800 783 5774