Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

0121 424 2000 Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, Bordesley Green East , Birmingham, West Midlands, B9 5ST

Amazing ambulance crew!

I would like to say a big thank you to the fantastic ambulance crew that saved my moms life on Thursday 14 sept at b33. Me and my family can't thank you enough your care and dedication was amazing. It's down to you that my children still have there nan. I will be eternally grateful. Thank you!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 October 2017

Anonymous gave Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing staff!! (Intensive care)

My mom spent a week in here and the care was amazing. I seen dedication taken to another level by some staff and they are a credit to the NHS. It was a dark time for my family but due to the committed staff we felt at ease and knew my mom was going to get the best care. You are brilliant!!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 October 2017

NooshietheNoo reviewed Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust

Thorough and caring

I want to say a massive thank you to the Rapid Response Team at Solihull hospital. I was present when they helped my mom and I can't say how impressed I am with how thorough and caring they were. Jenny and Carole (nurse an occupational therapist) were very thorough and caring in the way they dealt with my mom, they so obviously cared about her and genuinely wanted to do the best they possibly could. They made arrangements for several things to make moms life more comfortable and some of these were in place the same day and the following day.
Mercy, the social worker who visited mom, was a breath of fresh air. I had a conversation with Adult Social Services the previous day who I thought were anything but caring, they just wanted to talk in jargon, take no responsibility and pass the buck. Mercy was amazing and is the perfect example of what a Social Worker should be. She listened, she showed empathy to me as well as my mom and she explained procedures clearly with no ambiguity. I could also see that she cared about mom and wanted to do the best she possibly could.
At a time when the NHS is constantly criticised it is reassuring to see first hand how good they really are. Jenny, Carole and Mercy are the epitome of what people in the caring profession should be and I can't thank them enough.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 27 May 2017 using Care Opinion

mspring gave Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Bed blocking caused by hospital inefficiency

My elderly father has been in Heartlands for 12 weeks - he should have been out many weeks ago. Because Heartlands will not follow nhs procedures for providing intermediate care he is trapped. This is not just bad for my father, it blocks a bed and wastes money.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 02 April 2017

Marie Helebert, Patient Services Officer, Patient Services, Heart of England Foundation Trust replied on 19 April 2017

Dear mspring
Thank you for your comments regarding your father's patient experience and your concern about how long he has been in hospital awaiting intermediate care.
I fully appreciate your frustration and concern and would like to assist if possible, in resolving this.
Can I please ask you to contact me at your convenience so that I may obtain some more information from you to enable me to look into this in more detail?
I would be most grateful and look forward to hearing from you.
I can be contacted either by telephone: 0121 424 0808 (9am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday, with voicemail service in operation at all other times) or by email: marie.helebert@nhs.net
Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments, patient experience is very important to us.
Marie Helebert

Jennifer Goulding gave Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Heartlands Ward 11 SAU

Easter Saturday dialled 111 and ended up on Ward 11 Heartlands.
Surgeons, Nurses and Assistants who treated me there and then were first rate.
Wonderful attention when I was in so much discomfort.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 24 April 2017

Marie Helebert, Patient Services Officer, Patient Services, Heart of England Foundation Trust replied on 26 April 2017

Dear Jennifer Goulding
Thank you very much for your kind comments about the care you received on SAU Ward 11 at Heartlands Hospital.
I'm so pleased to read that you found your care and treatment to be first rate, and I will ensure that your feedback is highlighted to the Ward Manager, Matron and Clinical Director for Surgery who will all ensure that your comments are shared with all of the nursing and medical teams.
I hope my actions are acceptable and thank you once again for taking the time to post your feedback, patient experience is very important to us.

Anonymous gave at Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 3 stars

Compassion?

I found the ward to be lovely, but the staff wasn't so much co-operative with the patients and appeared to have no time as they were to busy doing other things on the ward. It would have been nice to see more compassion for the patients and not feel as though you are a nuisance on their shift.

I wouldn't wish to go back there as I was made to feel uncomfortable by just pressing my buzzer for assistance out the bed.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Marie Helebert, Patient Services Officer, Patient Services, Heart of England Foundation Trust replied on 18 May 2017

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent patient experience at Heartlands Hospital.
I'm pleased to read that generally, you found the ward to be lovely, but am somewhat disappointed to note you feel that you, and other patients were made to feel like a nuisance to the nursing staff and that you feel the staff lacked compassion for patients.
This is concerning to me, and as part of our continuous learning, I would like to be able to highlight your feedback to the Ward Management Team, so that they in turn can discuss this with all of the ward team at ward meetings, as well as with individual staff members. This enables the staff to reflect and consider perceptions from the patient's view, and amend their professional behaviours to improve the patient experience.
I would be most grateful if you would contact me at your convenience to enable me to obtain some more information? I can be contacted on 0121 424 0808 (9am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday, with a voicemail service in operation at all other times) or by email:
marie.helebert@nhs.net
I hope this is acceptable and once again thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, it is very important to us. I look forward to hearing from you, and may I extend my best wishes to you for your continued recovery.

Rachel gave Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Appalling behaviour from a doctor

I live 250 miles away my daughter was rushed into intensive care unit last night I phone up this morning to find out from a doctor what is going on with her. They have been given permission to speak to me as I say she's my daughter and I'm her next of kin, but was refused to be told anything the doctor advised me to phone my daughter and seek permission. I put the phone down and phone my daughter luckily she manages to get hold of a doctor turns out its the doctor I've just spoken to, however they refuse to speak with me! this is insane my child is in intensive care unit I live 250 miles away she's been taken down to emergency theatre and the person who told me to seek of permission refused to speak to me what goes on in this hospital ? If anything happens to my daughter and I don't know about it I will hold this hospital entirely responsible.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 29 March 2017

Anonymous gave at Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Unprofessionalism

Every time going, always waiting around 1.5-2 hours to be seen. Was told I'd get results by phone in 2 weeks. 3 weeks past and still nothing, so ended up phoning myself and eventually by end of week told me all clear. Each test results are given when I have appointment. Had a test 4 months ago and said not to get pregnant until results. Never got results and when I had appointment I asked to which the answer by another staff, it must be all clear as if something was found, they'd contact you. Booked me for x which could have been done the last time I was there as nothing new was discussed at this recent appointment.
Also patients going in to be seen and your still waiting then when question this, been told you're seeing someone else. They even said the person with x appointment time is next, yet someone else was called. It was obvious that appointments were being delayed and taking patients on the right time and calling other staff to deal with me as majorly delayed. No-one likes to be misinformed or being given the run around. The stress it puts you under and not been taken seriously makes you lose total confidence in them. Nobody bothers and who's going to do anything as you're a number through the door and end of day they get paid. Be honest upfront and professional. Don't treat patients like they're fools that they won't know that there's been queue skipping and passing off patients and not informing of results having them wait months on end so delaying them from trying to get pregnant as results were to be told then the go ahead to try. Wasted months of patients time for trying to conceive as never told result. I'm absolutely disheartened by the department as a whole.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 February 2017

Dear Anonymous
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your patient experience at Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust.
I am sorry to read that you have experienced delays in regard to your treatment and care. This is disappointing for me to read and I would very much like the opportunity to examine your patient journey more closely. This allows us to identify where there are difficulties, what they are and address them appropriately to prevent repetition.
Feedback such as yours is very important and I would be most grateful if you could contact me at your convenience to discuss further? I can be contacted by telephone: 0121 424 0808 (9am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday, with a voicemail service in operation at all other times) or by email:
marie.helebert@nhs.net
I hope this is acceptable. I would be most grateful and look forward to hearing from you.

Dw gave Heart Of England NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Solihull hospital - first and last visit

Very disappointing first visit to the orthopaedic department, have been seen in the past at good hope but because of long waiting list decided to try the shorter waiting list option because of increasing pain. Had a 1.5 hour wait for an X Ray then another long wait to see consultant. Did not take medical history, came across as blunt and to the point, I had to ask a lot of questions for my own benefit.

Did not exam the affected joint, did not show me the X-ray to explain the findings.

Will not be going back for my review, would rather go back to good hope, despite the wait for an appointment.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 17 February 2017

Marie Helebert, Patient Services Officer, Patient Services, Heart of England Foundation Trust replied on 01 August 2017

Dear Dw
Thank you for your post regarding your patient experience in the Trauma and Orthopaedics Department at Solihull Hospital. I am very sorry to note that you were disappointed with your appointment; that you waited a long time for your x-ray and then waited a further considerable time to see the doctor.
I would very much like to look into your concerns in more detail but would require some more information from you. I would be very grateful if you could call me at your convenience on: 0121 424 0808 (9am - 3.30pm Monday to Friday, with a voicemail service in operation at all other times) or by email: marie.Helebert@nhs.net
I hope this is acceptable and I look forward to hearing from you.

Recent Day procedure

I recently attended Heart of England Good Hope for a Day Procedure
The level of care and consideration was excellent
From the pre-op to attending on the day - all departments I went through I cannot thank enough for the level of care I received
Thankyou to all concerned
Susan Cadwallader

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 19 February 2017

Dear Susan Cadwallader
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback about your patient experience in the Day Procedures Unit at Good Hope Hospital. I'm so pleased to note that you found the level of care and consideration shown to you to be excellent throughout and I will be delighted to ensure that your comments are highlighted to the Unit Manager, Matron and the Clinical Director for General Surgery who will communicate your feedback to all of the team who work very hard to provide a high standard of care to all of our patients.
I hope my actions are acceptable and once again thank you for your comments, feedback such as yours is extremely valuable and gives our staff a great boost!
With very best wishes