Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01903 205111 Worthing Hospital, Lyndhurst Road , Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2DH

Anonymous gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and caring service

I have visited Worthing Accident and Emergency in two separate occasions during the past month, and on each occasion I have found the service excellent, from the receptionist to the triage nurse to the Doctors. This hospital displays a high standard of care to patients together with an exceptional standard of cleanliness and comfort to patients.
Treatments are very thorough, with every effort made to identify the medical problems.
I would award this hospital a gold star fir excellence.
All staff deserve a pat on the back for their unfailing service.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment, our teams take great pride in the way they treat and care for their patients and will be delighted with your comments.

Roger Whisker gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Hooray for the NHS

I spent nearly a month in Worthing Hospital with COPD and the care and attention in every department was excellent. From A&E, Eastbrook Ward, IC & HD, physio and x-ray .... everybody did a fantastic job with great kindness and skill and good humour. Everybody I met had such a lovely attitude - I can't thank you enough. It's a pity that the NHS gets so much bad press these days, but from my personal experience it was a first class.
Huge thanks to all.
Roger Whisker

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you! It is good to get feedback that reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. We strive to provide the highest standards of care every time for every patient so it’s a wonderful encouragement to hear that you are happy with the care you received. We hope you are feeling better.

Mary gave at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Kids Ward

My three yearvold broke his elbow pn his scooter last wk. Childrens A and E were phenomenal as were Howard Ward.

They made sure my boy had a DVD player, they were so kind and caring. They made sure his morphine was topped up. A and E were rushed off their feet as was the ward yet their cheery dispositions never waivered.

Well done to the nurses, sisters, DRs, consultants, x ray dept, the dinner lady and the porters. All were fantastic and smiley. They made my child and I feel so much better.

Excellent NHS long may it last

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment; we greatly appreciate your feedback. Our staff take great pride in the way they treat and care for their patients, and we’re glad that this was reflected in the standard of care your son received. We hope he is now fully recovered.

Charlotte Shackleton gave at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A&E and Howard Ward

Makes me sad that all the staff are always so rushed off their feet...... however my daughter still had wonderful thorough care on our recent visit and I can't thank the staff enough. We have had many trips with both our children and I can't fault the kindness of the staff. Thank you!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you for your lovely post which we will share with the staff in A&E and on Howard ward and we are sure it will make their day!

Delivery ward, and bramble ward

All I can say is thank you. My daughter gave birth to our fifth grandchild on Saturday morning. Her partner and I where with her throughout a very difficult labour, ending in a C section.
I just can't praise the midwifes enough for their professional, caring manor. Unfortunately the two midwives that cared for my daughter through the night, went off shift before we could thank them. I did not get there names, but was a student midwife, who after they finishes their training, will make an excellent midwife.
My daughter is now at home resting.
Well done Worthing Maternity, we love you!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 23 May 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for your comments. It is really lovely to hear such positive feedback regarding our maternity services. We strive to provide the highest standards of care every time for every patient, so it is a wonderful encouragement to hear that you are happy with your care so far. We will pass along your kind comments to the midwifery team and hope you and your family are doing well.

Don Barrass gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to ambulance Staff, and A & E Staff

On Thursday 25th may I was taken ill at a shop in Kings Parade Findon Valley , the help from the two members of ambulance Staff was perfect, and the Doctor, and Staff at Worthing A & E we so very kind and helpful. A big thank you to all for a faultless service, I just hope I was not a difficult patient. There is frequently a lot of criticism of our NHS in the Press.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 29 May 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment - we greatly appreciate your feedback. Our clinical teams take great pride in the way they treat and care for their patients, and we’re glad that this was reflected in the standard of care you received in Accident and Emergency. We will pass on your kind comments to the team and hope that you are now fully recovered.

kim gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

fantastic service today at eye clinic

I attended a routine eye test today was seen quite prompt. The consultant wanted to take a eye photo for their records but I was running late with a return to work. With this dilemma, I spoke to a lovely receptionist, who actually went out of their way to help me get this photo done quickly. Ther eceptionist made sure I was seen for a photo prompt and even offered to talk to my demanding employer for me to explain that ID be late back. The receptionist didn't have to do all that, but they did! Where else would you get service like that? St Richards hospital no wonder you have been awarded outstanding!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 April 2017

What a lovely post, thank you so much! We have taken your comments to the receptionist and she is over the moon. Feedback like this really makes our day so thank you. We have also shared your post with her manager so that she is aware so we are all very pleased that you had such a positive experience and we really do appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to post onto this site.

Barkingmad gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Recent inpatient stay

Recently was sent to A&E by my doctor after having weakness in my legs combined with known spinal problems. Within 10 mins I was in triage & although warned it may take up to an hour for a doctor follow up & I was being checked over 5 mins later! Cannot praise the staff highly enough who were working to sort my problem for nearly 4 hours!

When it became clear that they could not immediately locate the problem I was moved into CDU for the night where, yes, it was very noisy but being an extension of the emergency floor I would not expect anything else. The staff were fantastic & the next day I was taken for a full spinal MRI, again everybody was so nice & helpful.

Later that evening I was moved to a different ward (Chiltington) & once again cannot praise the staff highly enough! From ancillary through the consultant the treatment & help were top notch & could not be bettered.

Our NHS is doing a fantastic job with very limited resources & I think our government should be ashamed of themselves for the way they are not only hacking our service to pieces but also by the treatment of nurses, doctors & other essential staff

All in thank-you everybody for doing a great job with limited resources!!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 24 April 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 May 2017

Thank you for your lovely post. We are sorry that you were taken ill but so pleased to read your kind comments about your care and treatment. We will have great pleasure in sharing your feedback with the departments you mention and we do hope you are feeling a little better. Thank you again for taking the time to post onto this site, we really do appreciate it.

Kayeight gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful hospital

I was referred to a named doctor at A&E after a visit to my GP with problems related to my spine and previous surgeries. I was received into A&E in a helpful and reassuring way. The triage nurse was lovely and reassured me and kept me updated. The doctor was thorough in their examination of me and got advice from the neurologist in Brighton about my symptoms. I was admitted for an MRI. I was welcomed onto the ward and given information about who does what and what would happen. The ward was pleasant, spotless and comfortable. I used the wet room style bathroom and it was fine. Staff were exemplary, from the person who served the tea to the registrar who made my treatment decisions. Staff were patient and kind to me, and those around me. I was taken to MRI by a friendly porter and the staff who dealt with me explained what was happening and made the process as bearable as possible. Afterwards I went back to a different ward and was again greeted by kind pleasant staff. Fortunately I was discharged later that day.
The Worthing hospital is outstanding. It it truly excellently, efficient and well managed. Thank you for making my experience so good during a worrying time for me and my family. Worthing Hospital is a great example of our wonderful nhs at its best.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 28 April 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 May 2017

Anonymous gave at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

I came in today for a MMOM and cannot thank you enough. Every one was so lovely and made a very sad day an easy day. You truly made it all a lot easier. You all went the extra mile. Thank you so much

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 02 February 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 February 2017

Thank you for your post. We are so pleased that the staff helped and supported you in difficult circumstances and thank you once again for taking the time to give us your feedback. We do appreciate it.