Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01903 205111 Worthing Hospital, Lyndhurst Road , Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2DH

Mrs Jean Smyth gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Heart failure

I was admitted to The Downlands Suite having been diagnosed with hear failure. I cannot stress enough how well I was looked after by my consultant and all the nursing staff. The care I received both by them, the catering staff and cleaners was excellent. The cleanliness of the hospital was outstanding both in The Downland Suite and the rest of the hospital. I certainly would recommend this hospital to everyone. Thank you.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 28 June 2018

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 July 2018

What a lovely post, thank you so much. We will share your comments with the Downland's Suite and they will be delighted. We thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback, we really do appreciate it.

Ray Jenks gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

GASTROSCOPY / COLONOSCOPY .... THE 'A' TEAM

I was concerned when I was advised that I needed both gastroscopy and colonoscopy examinations at the same visit ! .... Had both examinations four days ago and my concerns were completely unfounded ....

I was put completely at ease. The courtesy and caring I received from the doctor and the team of nurses was excellent .... Definitely The 'A' Team .... 5 stars in my book..

Graham Jenks .... 15th March 2018

P.S. Also amazing to be able to watch it on a full-colour screen

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 15 March 2018

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 March 2018

Dear Mr Jenks , thank you for your lovely post. It was a delight to read that we looked after you so well and your experience was so good. We will share your post with the staff concerned who always appreciate such wonderful feedback. We hope you are making a good recovery from your procedure and thank you once again for your comment, we all really appreciate it.

Susan Cook gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A&e

Having been into A& E myself this week having passed out and also hit my head on a hard floor and being taken unconscious by ambulance to Worthing I can only say that I received excellent care from every member of staff, over and above anything I have experienced before. Thank you all so much.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 15 February 2018

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 February 2018

What a lovely post, thank you so much. We will share your comments with the Accident and Emergency Department and they will be delighted!

Anonymous gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent and caring service

I have visited Worthing Accident and Emergency in two separate occasions during the past month, and on each occasion I have found the service excellent, from the receptionist to the triage nurse to the Doctors. This hospital displays a high standard of care to patients together with an exceptional standard of cleanliness and comfort to patients.
Treatments are very thorough, with every effort made to identify the medical problems.
I would award this hospital a gold star fir excellence.
All staff deserve a pat on the back for their unfailing service.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment, our teams take great pride in the way they treat and care for their patients and will be delighted with your comments.

Roger Whisker gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Hooray for the NHS

I spent nearly a month in Worthing Hospital with COPD and the care and attention in every department was excellent. From A&E, Eastbrook Ward, IC & HD, physio and x-ray .... everybody did a fantastic job with great kindness and skill and good humour. Everybody I met had such a lovely attitude - I can't thank you enough. It's a pity that the NHS gets so much bad press these days, but from my personal experience it was a first class.
Huge thanks to all.
Roger Whisker

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you! It is good to get feedback that reflects the hard work and dedication of our staff. We strive to provide the highest standards of care every time for every patient so it’s a wonderful encouragement to hear that you are happy with the care you received. We hope you are feeling better.

Mary gave at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Kids Ward

My three yearvold broke his elbow pn his scooter last wk. Childrens A and E were phenomenal as were Howard Ward.

They made sure my boy had a DVD player, they were so kind and caring. They made sure his morphine was topped up. A and E were rushed off their feet as was the ward yet their cheery dispositions never waivered.

Well done to the nurses, sisters, DRs, consultants, x ray dept, the dinner lady and the porters. All were fantastic and smiley. They made my child and I feel so much better.

Excellent NHS long may it last

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 24 June 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment; we greatly appreciate your feedback. Our staff take great pride in the way they treat and care for their patients, and we’re glad that this was reflected in the standard of care your son received. We hope he is now fully recovered.

Charlotte Shackleton gave at Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A&E and Howard Ward

Makes me sad that all the staff are always so rushed off their feet...... however my daughter still had wonderful thorough care on our recent visit and I can't thank the staff enough. We have had many trips with both our children and I can't fault the kindness of the staff. Thank you!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 08 May 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you for your lovely post which we will share with the staff in A&E and on Howard ward and we are sure it will make their day!

Delivery ward, and bramble ward

All I can say is thank you. My daughter gave birth to our fifth grandchild on Saturday morning. Her partner and I where with her throughout a very difficult labour, ending in a C section.
I just can't praise the midwifes enough for their professional, caring manor. Unfortunately the two midwives that cared for my daughter through the night, went off shift before we could thank them. I did not get there names, but was a student midwife, who after they finishes their training, will make an excellent midwife.
My daughter is now at home resting.
Well done Worthing Maternity, we love you!

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 23 May 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for your comments. It is really lovely to hear such positive feedback regarding our maternity services. We strive to provide the highest standards of care every time for every patient, so it is a wonderful encouragement to hear that you are happy with your care so far. We will pass along your kind comments to the midwifery team and hope you and your family are doing well.

Don Barrass gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thank you to ambulance Staff, and A & E Staff

On Thursday 25th may I was taken ill at a shop in Kings Parade Findon Valley , the help from the two members of ambulance Staff was perfect, and the Doctor, and Staff at Worthing A & E we so very kind and helpful. A big thank you to all for a faultless service, I just hope I was not a difficult patient. There is frequently a lot of criticism of our NHS in the Press.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 29 May 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment - we greatly appreciate your feedback. Our clinical teams take great pride in the way they treat and care for their patients, and we’re glad that this was reflected in the standard of care you received in Accident and Emergency. We will pass on your kind comments to the team and hope that you are now fully recovered.

kim gave Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

fantastic service today at eye clinic

I attended a routine eye test today was seen quite prompt. The consultant wanted to take a eye photo for their records but I was running late with a return to work. With this dilemma, I spoke to a lovely receptionist, who actually went out of their way to help me get this photo done quickly. Ther eceptionist made sure I was seen for a photo prompt and even offered to talk to my demanding employer for me to explain that ID be late back. The receptionist didn't have to do all that, but they did! Where else would you get service like that? St Richards hospital no wonder you have been awarded outstanding!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 05 April 2017

Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 April 2017

What a lovely post, thank you so much! We have taken your comments to the receptionist and she is over the moon. Feedback like this really makes our day so thank you. We have also shared your post with her manager so that she is aware so we are all very pleased that you had such a positive experience and we really do appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to post onto this site.