Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust

020 7188 7188 Trust Offices, Guy's Hospital, Great Maze Pond , London, Greater London, SE1 9RT

Anonymous gave Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent, courteous and efficient service

Due to an injury sustained in London, I had to go to St Thomas's for treatment. Not being from London, my heart was filled with dread at the thought of lengthy unconfortable waiting times. My fears were alaid not only by the fact I had a companion who helped pass the time, but also by the extremely couteous, efficent and professional treatment I received.

Thank you to all the staff that I encountered.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 October 2017

Kat D gave Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Kind staff, very efficient services - NHS at its best

I was hugely impressed with my visit to Guys hospital. Everyone was kind, friendly and from beginning to end the experience was quick and efficient.

I had a first appointment with the rheumatology department, and then was sent straight down for blood tests and x rays - I fully expected to wait around but my appointment was prompt and I barely sat down before being whisked off for each of my tests. No hanging around, no paper! - the blood testing department and x ray had everything on screen, I just had to give my name and date of birth, everything was explained quickly and performed efficiently.

My consultant appointment was extraordinarily good - I felt listened to, the doctor explained everything to me, put together a care plan I felt happy with and let me ask lots of questions. The doctor was professional, open and very kind. I couldn't rate my experience higher. The staff at Guys hospital should be really proud.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 July 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are plesed to hear that you appointment was such a positive experience and that the tests were well co-ordinated and that you felt listened to happy with the resulting care plan. We will pass your feedback on to the team involved.

Anonymous gave Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Extremley Pleased

Was taken to A and E by my employer following a brief disagreement resulting into me mentining something that was of concern towards my health. My boss did something absolutaly right as it's her duty to ensure saftey of her staff.
On reaching A and E i was however assesed by a lovely nurse who showed so much compassion and the nurse was a very patient listener something i think i needed and which made me feel better and happy to be back at work putting all my worries aside.
Today as i write this i can't stop thinking about the staff nurse who was by the way half way their 12hr shift but still had a smile and could give encourging advise. Thank you

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 August 2017

Thank you for sharing you feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that staff in our Minor Injuries Unit showed compassion and care when assessing you. It is good to know they were able to re-assure you and put your mind at ease. We will pass your feedback on to the team.

Anonymous gave Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Guys cancer centre, Queen Mary's Hospital Sidcup

The new cancer centre at Queen Mary's Hospital in Sidcup, Kent is truely amazing, allowing people to have treatment, chemo and radiotherapy much closer to home without the trek up to town, which can be really draining. The building is modern and well designed, however, I am most disappointed with the outside garden space. Boring and uninspiring and not somewhere that any cancer patient would want to spend any time in. I notice that a couple of benches have been placed there. Shame they won't be used. This space lends itself to be developed into a restorative and calming area to aid the recovery of patients undergoing treatment. There is so much evidence out there that demonstrates the value of beautiful, peaceful outdoor space in positive treatment outcomes. Please do something with it. There will be plenty of volunteers to tend it, once done, I can assure you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 August 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that you are pleased with both the design and range of services offered at the new cancer centre at Sidcup. Thank you also for your feedback regarding the outside space. We had to prioritise the opening of the clinical services within the centre prior to opening. We would like to develop this space further to create a relaxing environment you suggest. We will share your feedback with staff and our patient and carer user group and discuss how we might progress this at our next meeting.

Maria gave Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

ENT micro suction clinic

I have been attending the Micro Suction Clinic St Thomas' for about 5 years. The senior & team members of staff have on every occasion been extremely profession & kind.
Without their regular treatment, cleaning my ear canals my hearing aids would not work & I would be deaf.
I cannot put a price on how much I rely on this service. I am so grateful for this Micro Suction Clinic.
As the elderly & 'not so elderly' population grows this Clinic will be essential to so many whose hearing relies on this service.
Many Thanks to the professional team.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017

PatienceGone reviewed Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust

Blood Testing Service at Gracefield Gardens 24/4/17

I had a test to do at Gracefield Gardens, arrived 10: 15 to find there were over thirty-five patients in front of me. Many patients were stood up in the area, some with walking sticks, elderly without seating.
I hadn't eaten since 8 pm previous night for a fasting test. I had to find a seat in the Surgery area and listen keenly for my number to be finally called well over an hour and a half after I first arrived. There is some seating outside the blood testing area - three people working in there but patients for eye testing also seated in the same small area without enough provision for patients waiting to be seen for blood testing. From my experience, It is absolutely confusing and quite frankly not good enough.
I found my experience very frustrating not least because I had booked a 1 pm appointment in Battersea, needed to eat something in order to take my tablets because I am diabetic. The Walk In Clinic closed in March and in my opinion patients for blood testing from St Georges Hospital are now being sent to Gracefield Gardens without enough provisioning in the system so local people will probably now have to start going back to St Thomas's or Guy's again for blood tests because the waiting time plus travel probably will work out the same as going somewhere more local.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 24 April 2017 using Care Opinion

Alex gave at Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Nightmare!

I'm extremely disappointment with the "care" I've received so far. I was originally referred by my GP in the summer 2015. I had my first appointment around March, and I stayed overnight for tests at the beginning of June 2016.

First of all, my overnight stay was one of the worst experiences in my life! I had to go the straight after work and it was hot, so I was sweaty. When I was shown into the room, it turned out that the shower is not working. One of the nurses/HCA apologised and said the shower was working the night before. They assured me that it's not a problem and I can have a shower in one of the other rooms in the morning. I was not impressed with that, but agreed. Imagine my surprise when another clinician came in later on, and was very surprised I was put in that room because the shower hasn't been working for weeks! Knowing that I was lied to made me feel very
In the morning, one of the HCAs who was taking the equipment on my body and head, was very rude and arrogant and said I can't have a shower before I go home. I explained to them I was promised.one the night before, and their reaction was "oh well that's tough, I csnt do anything". They didn't even take the glue out of my hair properly, I had to take it out neither every shower for the next couple of days!! I've never been so embarrassed in my life as I was when I had to get back home sweaty, sticky, with greasy hair and stinking of whatever they used on my hair. That's not a way to treat the patient!!!!

At the end of my overnight stay I was told I will get a follow up appointment with the doctor in 5-6 weeks. When I haven't heard from anyone for 4 months, I started calling and asking what's going on. Every time I got the same answer "you'll get one soon". I didn't have my appointment until 8 months later!!! I'm sorry but this is outrageous, I work for NHS myself so I know you're busy, and I would understand a slight delay, but this is a joke!

If all of the above wasn't enough, during my appointment the doctor referred me further to have my tonsils removed. They said I should get a letter withing 4-5 weeks. It's now been over 3 months and I still haven't heard from anyone apart from the dental department to get a device, even though I specifically told the doctor that I don't want that cause I tried it in the past and it didn't work and only made me sleep even worse than I already do!

I would really appreciate if someone could look into it, and sort it out because it's been 2 years now and I'm still not any closer to sorting the issue out! It's gonna cost me my relationship very soon, my partner can't even sleep in one room with me! We're both stressed and argue because of it! I explained to the doctor how horrible this situation is for me and how it disturbs my whole life, but I guess nobody cares as nothing has been done.

If possible I'd like a manager to contact me by email in order to discuss this further and resolve, I think the whole situation is outrageous!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 25 June 2017

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 August 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are so sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience during your stay and have had ongoing problems obtaining appointments. We are concerned to hear that you are struggling to get appointment to discuss remove your tonsils. If you would like to contact our PALS Team on 020 718 8801 or email pals@gstt.nhs.uk they will be able to liaise with he department on your behalf and arrange an appointment. We would like to apologise for the distress this situation is causing you.

Hughie Pearson gave Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Very efficient A & E Department and staff.

The care and attention I received at St. Thomas A & E was excellent. All of the staff on duty at the time were friendly, caring, considerate and reassuring and all acted in a most professional way.

I was dealt with and left the hospital in just over an hour enabling me to resume my sightseeing visit to London.

I wish that the government appreciated your staff and hospital as much as I did. Well done and sincere thanks to all at St Thomas.

Hughie Pearson from Liverpool

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 March 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are pleased to hear that staff treated you with kindness and compassion. It is good to know your health problem was treated within an hour. We will share your feedback with the team

Ian Spence gave Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Lane Fox Unit

I attended the Lane Fox Unit this a.m. for an appointment. As always, I was most impressed with all the staff but particularly with one member of staff who couldn't have been more helpful and charming. No praise is high enough - a delightful member of staff. Well done.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 31 January 2017

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear your impressed with the attitude and help provided by staff at your appointment. We have passed your feedback on to the the team in Lane Fox.

Charlie gave Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care and service

I have had a few encounters with Guy's and St Thomas' hospital - i had my baby there, A&E for me (minor injury clinic), A&E for my baby boy and a development research programme my son is part of - and on each occasion i have found the service and quality of care to be excellent. So i wanted to say a huge thank you to the NHS staff who work so hard for us all.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 29 October 2016

Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience of using services at the Trust. We are pleased to hear that each experience has been a positive one.