City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust

0191 5656256 Sunderland Royal Hospital, Kayll Road , Sunderland, SR4 7TP

Florence Anderson gave City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Appreciation of a great hospital and wonderful staff

I was admitted to A & E Department in the early hours of 15th September, after contacting the 111 Service and reluctantly agreed to be taken to hospital. The environment of what I understand to be a new facility was first class and the attention I received from entering was excellent. I was treated by all staff involved with expert professionalism combined with courtesy, respect and kindness. I am deeply grateful and extend my sincere thanks and appreciation.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Nichola Taylor, Communications & Media Officer, City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 September 2017

Thank you Florence, what lovely feedback!
We are very proud of our new Emergency Department and the fantastic team. It is always brilliant to hear back from patients and I am sure everyone involved in your care will be delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience, during what I imagine was quite a scary time for you.
Best wishes and I hope you are recovering well.

Steve gave City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic all round

Presented with chest pain on the opening day of the new adult A&E

I got took straight in without having to wait and I got the best care I've actually had from any hospital, the nurse had told me they had only been fully qualified for 9 weeks but you would never of thought that - what fantastic care they gave.
Then there's the cardiac assessment unit which was also great

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 June 2017

Thanks so much for the wonderful comment. I am sure our ED and cardiac team will be delighted to hear that you were so happy with the care you received. Hope you are feeling much better now.

Jill gave at City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Recent stay after abdominal hysterectomy

All the staff from setting foot into the hospital were fantastic, I can not fault any of the staff in any way shape or form and they should all be proud of the amazing job they do. My only small complaint would be having to sit In a small room on my own waiting to be taken down for surgery. Potentially they should maybe draw up a list of the order people going down for surgery and ask people to come in accordingly.
After surgery I stayed for 4 nights on ward D47 and all staff were amazing, caring, compassionate and professional. After feeling quite ill from surgery I feel that I was well looked after and given the best care and support. Special mention to the sister of the ward. They ensured that all investigations into why I was so unwell were carried through and explained everything thoroughly. I truly felt that I mattered to them and trusted them with my health and care impeccably.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such lovely feedback and we hope you are recovering well.

Sarah galer gave City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Emergency stay

Hi just would like to know if you can provide feedback to the different teams that dealt with me over the week as didnt get to say thank you.

On sunday 2 march i was admitted into D40 where i stayed until wedensday. The people on this ward were fantastic and even though i was scared and terrified they always ensured they helped where they could even at 3.30 in the morning where i nearly ended up in ICU.

I then had my operation and for some reason did not come round and was passed through to ICU. When i eventually woke the nurse was their immediately and helped calm me down. The nurse ensured i was fine and help me improve to get back onto general surgery ward on Thursday afternoon. Unfortunately i never got the nurse's name but would love for them to know that they were great and if it wasnt for their help i wouldnt be in my home now.

Once transfered to C30 i then continued to be looked after by the nursing and doctor team ensuring i can go home today.

Can you please pass this on for are pass some details over so i can say thankyou.

Sarah Galer

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017

City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Mark Harrison gave City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Nurses Provide Fiirst Class Care

Admitted to ward D48 with excruciating pain to my left hip and down my left leg. All the nurses on the ward provided care second to none.
If you are admitted to this orthopaedic ward rest assure you will received a first class service.
I would also like to thank the nurses for the compassion and support they gave me when my mother passed away on ward C30.

I would also like to praise the nurses on ward C30 who were fantastic with the care they gave to my dying mother It allowed my mother to die with dignity and also no pain. Like ward D48 the nurses and doctors have mum first class care and I will be forever grateful for that.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 11 March 2017

Jason gave City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant First Class Service - Well done

On 13/03/2017 I had to use all the different NHS services provided to obtain medical attention for my Mother who had taken ill.

From first point of contact of ringing your 111 service, who quickly and effectively established that an ambulance was required.

The person who rang from Ambulance Control to check how my mother was and upgraded her status to a higher priority, was fantastic at their job, showed true empathy and compassion.

The two paramedics that arrived quickly to assess my Mother, again were super professional, calming, reassuring a credit to the service.

At Sunderland Royal Hospital a huge appreciation to all the staff, Nurses and Doctors who were all super efficient - again a first class service.

It was established at hospital my Mother has a heart condition, that we were totally unaware of.

We can't thank your staff enough for the care and attention my Mother was shown.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Keep cancelling my appointment

Every single time I get an appointment it gets cancelled and I get sent another appointmenr then I get letters saying I missed my appointment for ones I didn't even get told about!!! Finally got an operation date (this I've needed for a year and a half) and guess what??? Cancelled!!! It's like they think to themselves "ooh I know who we can mess around, that one!"

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 13 February 2017

James Leng reviewed City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust

Sunderland Royal A&E staff

My husband visited A&E this morning, 23/12/16, after a sudden swelling in the left side of his face and drooping of the mouth also on the left hand side. The initial assessment with I believe the triage nurse was immediately reassuring , as to my husband and myself the symptoms could have been a stroke. This nurse was friendly, sympathetic and very confident. We went through to the treatment room and the doctor was efficient but still remained approachable. Explaining what was to be done and why. Overall the treatment we received was excellent from reception to nurses to doctor, Well Done

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 23 December 2016

City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Malcolm Hardy gave City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ward C33

Grateful thanks to staff of C33 for there excellent care. One Staff Nurse's care and detail to attention was excellent. Grateful to have such a brilliant NHS service

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 28 December 2016

City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

HarryJ Henry gave City Hospitals Sunderland NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant A&E

We went to Sunderland City Hospital A&E after calling 111 after my wife had a fall 2 days earlier - we were advised to get to A&E asap and they suggested an ambulance but I thought it was easier to use our car. All I can say is that the extremely professional and caring way we were looked after could not have been better. Everyone was the best, X-ray staff, porters, nurses and the Dr were the best - City of Sunderland Hospital Trust should be proud of them all.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 28 October 2016