Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust

020 7352 8121 Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street , London, Greater London, SW3 6NP

Sara Simpson gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Consistently excellent

I have been a patient at the hospital for just over three years. In this time the hospital completely gave me my quality of life back. I have been under the Syncope service and had a pacemaker fitted 18 months ago. Prior to this I was loosing consciousness daily without warning. It was severely impacting my life. Every time I encountered a new member of staff at the hospital I was blown away by their compassion, professionalism, knowledge and quality of card. From the consultant, to the specialist nurses, the Cath lab staff, the ward nurses and more recently the pacing clinic staff. The hospital and it’s staff are truly exceptional. Having chronic illnesses means you tend to encounter a lot of healthcare professionals, especially if you have had a long path to diagnosis. The Brompton is a really unique specialist place where I finally felt that my condition was understood and effectively treated consistently. I always leave feeling confident in my care and the professionals I have encountered. It’s something I never take for granted and makes all the difference. So as always thank you.

Visited in July 2019. Posted on 11 July 2019

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Sivalingam Kirithara gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Give me a second life

Thanks for everyone from paramedics at my home to all the staff of Harefield hospital who make efforts to save my life. It’s all happened in totally 45-50 minutes.my life changed. Thanks for all. All my family can’t forget you all in our life. Thanks again.

Visited in April 2019. Posted on 25 April 2019

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 June 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience of our heart attack centre at Harefield Hospital. We are really proud to have one of the fastest ‘door to balloon’ (the time between a patient arriving at the hospital and having their artery re-opened) in the UK, as we know it saves lives. We wish you and your family all the best for the future.

Anonymous gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

new aortic valve by non invasive tavi procedure

this was a last resort for my 89 year old mother who was deemed to old and frail to have this procedure at our local hospital on the isle of wight and the main one at southampton in 2017.she had a second opinion at the brompton in late 2018 when her symptoms worsened.they took a different view and a tavi procedure was carried out by their world class team,she was home 3 days after the procedure.we having nothing but praise and gratitude for these brilliant people,world class care from world class people.very hard working and very highly skilled......the food was excellent to.just wish we had come here 2 years ago...

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 27 February 2019

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 June 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your mother’s story – we are, of course, absolutely thrilled that she had a good outcome following her second opinion and TAVI procedure at Royal Brompton. We are really proud to have some of the leading experts in the world operating at our hospitals, and so pleased that they were able to help your mum successfully. We wish you both all the best for the future.

Rachael Flynn gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Removal of a rheumatoid nodule in my lung

I went into the Royal Brompton on the 21st October for removal of a slow growing lump in my right lung. From the minute I entered the hospital I was put ease and my team of surgeons were fantastic and came to see me Monday evening before my surgery and through out my short stay. The nurses on the ward were fabulous, nothing was too much trouble.
Thankfully my surgery went smoothly and I was able to return home on the Thursday, I felt confident if I had any worries or questions I could ring the ward.
I was able to see the lead surgeon on the 1st November at Swindon hospital where he was able to tell me the lump that was removed was not cancerous and he was removing me from his books.
Heartfelt thanks to all staff at the Royal Brompton.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 04 November 2018

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 November 2018

Dear Rachael, Thanks so much for getting in touch to tell us more about your stay at Royal Brompton Hospital. We believe our patients deserve the best possible specialist treatment for their condition in a clean, safe place, so it’s good to find out you had such a positive experience. The surgical and recovery teams will be delighted to hear you were impressed with the care and treatment you received - we will certainly pass on your kind words. We wish you all the best in your continued recovery and for the future.

Keith Lowe gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding beyond belief.

I have been cared for by the team at this hospital
for 50 years. Two major operations and serous
complications two years ago , they have saved
my life three times , all down to quality team work.
They are renowned worldwide and it would be a
criminal act to destroy one of our gold standard
Institutions.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 December 2017

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 19 December 2017

Hello Keith,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences of Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust. We’re extremely proud of have some of the leading cardiac and respiratory specialists in the world working at our hospitals, and we are committed to providing all our patients – current and future – with the very highest standards of care and innovative new treatments, as well as making sure they benefit from our cutting-edge research. Thank you for your support, and we wish you all the very best for the future.