Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust

020 7352 8121 Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street , London, Greater London, SW3 6NP

Jean Hughes gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding hospital

I am under 3 consultants, 2 heart and one lung, and have been a patient for over 20 years. My problems make it difficult to treat me with other than drugs, but they keep looking at procedures which may help me, sadly none so far. But they have kept me well all these years, and I know if they could help me more they would. Everyone is so supportive and I trust them all completely.
The fact NHS England want to damage this hospital by removing surgery is crazy and doing this will end up destroying this hospital. It will not get the highly qualified staff to stay, and it will be difficult to get new staff. The respiratory side will be damaged too, and the world class research will be broken up and ruined.
Hands off NHS England, leave this world class hospital alone!!!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 May 2017

Hi Jean,
Thank you for your kind words. We are very proud to offer lifelong specialist treatment to those who need it and are committed to providing the highest quality care and support for our patients. We are the largest specialist heart and lung centre in the UK and among the largest in Europe. Thank you for supporting us in our efforts to prevent the closure of vital heart and lung services at Royal Brompton Hospital, we wish all the very best for the future.

michael cotter gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

mr michael cotter

I had an appointment yesterday 18th feb and i was very imprest with the treatment i got the staff working there were very friendly and very polite , i would recommend this hospital to anybody with lung or heart problems . I thank them for there kind treatment.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 19 February 2016

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 March 2016

Dear Michael,
Thank you for posting about your care. Our staff understand that treating patients with respect, dignity and courtesy can have a big impact on their overall experience of being in hospital. We are glad you found this was the case and wish you all the best for the future.

M12 gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing hospital!

I would definitely recommend this hospital to anyone who's has any type of conditions that involves the hearts and the lungs! In 2001, I had my very big heart transplant that has been done by a specialist before they retired from the NHS! Throughout my care that has been cared by this hospital has been one of the best, from all the doctors and the nurses and the secretaries too! Anytime, that I come to the hospital from being an outpatient or an impatient, I always receive excellent treatment plan and care as well.
The time that the doctor gives to you for you to understand your condition fully is just amazing and brilliant!! Anytime that I may feel that I need to see my doctor before my next appointment with them, the secretaries are always helpful and they know how to help the patient by understanding what's their concerns and they try and getting them the next available appointment with the doctor! Well done again!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 06 April 2016

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 April 2016

Thank you for praising the teams at Harefield Hospital so highly. The staff working on our transplant clinic and wards fully understand the specialist nature of the care that patients need and take time to talk through the concerns that they may have. We aim to provide high-quality care from assessment right through to aftercare and follow-up clinics – a lifetime of specialist care. Our staff will be pleased to hear that you have found your treatment at Harefield among the best you’ve experienced. Thanks again for your comments and we wish you all the best for the future.

Monika Juttla gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Exceptional staff

I took my mother to undergo a few tests before she has her heart by pass operation on Monday 23rd November. We were seen by a very nice member of staff who was a part of the cardiac team. I mean I can't stress this enough. The member of staff was so nice professional caring patient and such a delight to be in company of. My mother felt so relaxed throughout the time we were there. The member of staff explained everything in great detail without rushing anything, and made both me and my mum feel at ease and we felt comfortable in their presence. This member of staff is without a doubt a credit to your hospital and the hospital should be very proud indeed to have such staff like this working at your hospital. Thank you.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 24 November 2015

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 December 2015

Dear Monika,
Thank you for letting us know about your mother’s recent appointment. We are very proud to have staff who are committed to delivering high quality care, which includes taking the time to help patients feel as relaxed as possible and confident they understand their treatment. We hope you continue to be satisfied with the care provided and thank you again for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

Again exceptional staff

I came to visit the cardiac consultant with my mother to discuss her heart by pass operation. What a lovely member of staff. Caring professional kind and patient. It's lovely when out of all the rude staff me and my family have dealt with at other hospitals in the past you get staff like this who made us feel comfortable and treated like a human being. This is the second time we have visited the hospital and people like this are a credit to your hospital and you should Be very proud to have such staff working for you. Well done. And thank you.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 24 November 2015