Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust

020 7352 8121 Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street , London, Greater London, SW3 6NP

Keith Lowe gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding beyond belief.

I have been cared for by the team at this hospital
for 50 years. Two major operations and serous
complications two years ago , they have saved
my life three times , all down to quality team work.
They are renowned worldwide and it would be a
criminal act to destroy one of our gold standard
Institutions.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 December 2017

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Jean Hughes gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding hospital

I am under 3 consultants, 2 heart and one lung, and have been a patient for over 20 years. My problems make it difficult to treat me with other than drugs, but they keep looking at procedures which may help me, sadly none so far. But they have kept me well all these years, and I know if they could help me more they would. Everyone is so supportive and I trust them all completely.
The fact NHS England want to damage this hospital by removing surgery is crazy and doing this will end up destroying this hospital. It will not get the highly qualified staff to stay, and it will be difficult to get new staff. The respiratory side will be damaged too, and the world class research will be broken up and ruined.
Hands off NHS England, leave this world class hospital alone!!!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 May 2017

Hi Jean,
Thank you for your kind words. We are very proud to offer lifelong specialist treatment to those who need it and are committed to providing the highest quality care and support for our patients. We are the largest specialist heart and lung centre in the UK and among the largest in Europe. Thank you for supporting us in our efforts to prevent the closure of vital heart and lung services at Royal Brompton Hospital, we wish all the very best for the future.

michael cotter gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

mr michael cotter

I had an appointment yesterday 18th feb and i was very imprest with the treatment i got the staff working there were very friendly and very polite , i would recommend this hospital to anybody with lung or heart problems . I thank them for there kind treatment.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 19 February 2016

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 March 2016

Dear Michael,
Thank you for posting about your care. Our staff understand that treating patients with respect, dignity and courtesy can have a big impact on their overall experience of being in hospital. We are glad you found this was the case and wish you all the best for the future.

M12 gave Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing hospital!

I would definitely recommend this hospital to anyone who's has any type of conditions that involves the hearts and the lungs! In 2001, I had my very big heart transplant that has been done by a specialist before they retired from the NHS! Throughout my care that has been cared by this hospital has been one of the best, from all the doctors and the nurses and the secretaries too! Anytime, that I come to the hospital from being an outpatient or an impatient, I always receive excellent treatment plan and care as well.
The time that the doctor gives to you for you to understand your condition fully is just amazing and brilliant!! Anytime that I may feel that I need to see my doctor before my next appointment with them, the secretaries are always helpful and they know how to help the patient by understanding what's their concerns and they try and getting them the next available appointment with the doctor! Well done again!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 06 April 2016

Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 April 2016

Thank you for praising the teams at Harefield Hospital so highly. The staff working on our transplant clinic and wards fully understand the specialist nature of the care that patients need and take time to talk through the concerns that they may have. We aim to provide high-quality care from assessment right through to aftercare and follow-up clinics – a lifetime of specialist care. Our staff will be pleased to hear that you have found your treatment at Harefield among the best you’ve experienced. Thanks again for your comments and we wish you all the best for the future.