024 7696 4000 University Hospital, Clifford Bridge Road , Coventry, CV2 2DX

Mary gave University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ward 10

After 3 times of canceling my angioplasty. I must admit i was not happy. But i finally had it done on the 14th of August. The treatment and care i got on ward 10 was excellent. The staff were so nice and always went out of their way to help me. I couldn't have asked for any better. They always let me know the next step in advance and explained everything that was going to happen. I am very greatful to the team i had. They do an excellent job. Thank you.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 16 August 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 24 August 2017

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your experience of Cardiothoracic Surgery at University Hospital in August 2017.

I’m really sorry to hear your procedure was cancelled a number of times before it went ahead, but I’m delighted to hear about the excellent care you received at our hospital when you had your angioplasty. I will share your kind comments with the cardiothoracic management team so they can pass on your thanks to the rest of the team.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Samantha Daniel gave University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing Care

I had a abdominal hysterectomy on 13th August. I wanted to thank all the staff that dealt with my care pre, during and post surgery.
All staff were professional, answered my questions and gave me excellent care.
I am now in my 4th week of my recovery and starting to feel me again after being poorly for a long time.
This hospital provides the best care and this is down to the staff.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 08 September 2017

Dear Samantha,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review of University Hospital, Coventry on NHS Choices, we really appreciate it.

I am delighted to hear you were pleased with the care you received and I will pass on your thanks to the team.

We aim to treat all of our patients with respect and compassion, and to give the time and information that’s needed to fully understand treatment plans, as we know this helps patients to feel at ease.

I’m glad you’re recovering well and starting to feel yourself again.

Thank you again for sharing your experience on NHS Choices.

Best wishes
Claire Price
Deputy Head of Midwifery and Gynaecology
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust

Anonymous gave University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing care at University hospital Coventry

I was admitted as an emergency patient through A&E. I had the best possible care both at A&E then at Medical decision unit. I was admitted onto the gastro ward where the care was absolutely amazing. I spent 10 nights in hospital had all tests and was diagnosed and treated efficiently and effectively and was well informed at every stage. The doctors, the nurses, the porters, the health care assistants, the cleaners - everyone was very caring and professional. I thank God for the NHS and this wonderful hospital.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 15 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of University Hospital Coventry’s Emergency Department, Medical Decisions unit and the gastro ward. The Trust appreciates all feedback, both good and bad, as it helps us to better understand what is important to our patients and their loved ones, as well as see where we may need to make improvements.

I am heartened that you’ve described your care as ‘excellent’ and our staff as ‘very caring and professional’. That is the level of service we aim to give all of our patients.

I will share your comments with the teams involved. We do value all feedback as it help us to continually improve our services.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

My daughter fell & broke her wrist quite badly ..

I never leave reviews but feel I have to say just how grateful & amazed at how every member of staff we met over the past 48 hrs treated me & my girl . I wasn't with my daughter when she was hurt & I rushed in ... not knowing where to go !! I ran to main reception & a kind security guard pointed me to children's A&E. I ran there & I was immediately reassured & the staff member on the desk even knew who she was & told me she was being very brave. I was escorted to her room & all the doctors / nurses were very compassionate & clear about was happening . We had to return the next day 24th July as Elena needed an op to fix her arm . Again we were treated beautifully from the start of the day to the finish . Nurses were very efficient & the lovely touch was when we were taken to theatre & the staff there were so much fun despite the fact they felt our concern . Even Elena's teddy got a pink cast & when I was called back to theatre to help Elena wake up there was no one to take me ( short staffed) ... but a nurse directed me & then I was greeted at the entrance of the surgery unit by a kind member of staff who walked me straight to my daughter !!
Thanks so much for all you have done for my daughter !!
We are very very grateful ... you all work extremely hard & deserve recognition for all you do .. !

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 25 July 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 28 July 2017

Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience of our Children’s Emergency Department at University Hospital, Coventry.

We understand it can be very worrying for parents when their children need hospital treatment and aim to treat all our patients and their families with compassion. I’m pleased our staff were able to reassure you and that you, Eleanor…and Eleanor’s teddy were all well looked after.

I will share your kind comments with the team who I know will be delighted.

I hope your daughter is recovering well.

Best wishes,
Laura
Operations and Performance Manager, Women and Children’s
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire

natalie hoare gave University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

The staff need medals

I brought my son to accident and emergency with suspected appendix. The first nurse I saw was quite rude making me feel like I was taking up a emergency appointment at ae for a stomach bug, they made me feel quite upset. After sitting in reception for nearly 3 hours with my son in a lot of pain the reception was very crowded with people who shouldn't of been there. The nurses deserve a medal each and everyone one of them to cope with such annoying time wasting people. My son was then taken to ward 16 they also are excellent staff and great with the children .

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 15 June 2017

Dear Natalie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of University Hospital Coventry’s Emergency Department and Ward 16 when your son was unwell. The Trust appreciates all feedback, both good and bad, as it helps us to better understand what is important to our patients and their loved ones, as well as see where we may need to make improvements.

I’m sorry to hear that your first impression of our services was not a positive one and that you felt upset by how you were initially treated. This is absolutely not our intention as we want all of our patients and visitors to be receive compassion and respect, I apologise that this was not your experience in the Emergency Department. If you would like us to investigate your concerns in more detail please contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), either by phone on 0800 028 4203 or by email on feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk. If you do decide to contact PALS, please make them aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

I am heartened that your experience improved when your son was taken to ward 16 and where you say the staff were ‘excellent’. That is the level of service we aim to give all of our patients.

I hope your son is recovering well.

Best wishes,
Claire
Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Lucy gave University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service

I visited the x ray department yesterday for a pre- booked CT scan. I was in and out within 30 mins and the staff were very clear and friendly in explaining the procedure.

I also noticed how clean the hospital looked.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 12 June 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 13 June 2017

Dear Lucy,

Thank you very much for providing feedback on your recent experience of Radiology at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust earlier this month.

I was really pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and that they explained the procedure clearly to you. It was also good to hear about the efficiency of your appointment. I have shared you kind comments with the Radiology management team at the Trust, so your thanks can be shared with the team.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Mary gave University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

2nd time my angioplasty has been cancelled.

I had a heart operation 30 years, when I was 7. after the last 2 years of going to hospital with pains/af and other complaints I finally got to see a cardiologist who told me I had many things wrong with my heart. Including my hole is back and I have regurgitation in my left valve. Also that I have thick archies. I was told I need to have open heart surgery and they might have to put stents in to provent heart attack and stroke. This needs to be done before my major surgery. So in march I had a date for my angioplasty. 2days before I got a phone call saying to was cancelled which I know that some times it can't be helped. They told me I would get an other appointment with in 4 weeks. 6 weeks down the line I get an appointment for 14th of June. 13th of June at 5pm I have a phone call cancelling it again. This time I am angry. I am a manager of a shop I had to get cover for the week and people to look after my children and my husband booked a week off to so he could look after me. This is not good enough. I won't get my major operation till this is done. I am glad I am having my major operation in Birmingham. Which I am hoping are more reliable.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 16 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent experience with the Cardiology department at University Hospital, Coventry.

I am very sorry to hear about your experience and that unfortunately your procedure has had to be postponed twice. I understand that this is inconvenient for you and your family, and will be causing a delay to your operation in Birmingham.

I have passed your comments on to the Manager for this department so that they can share your comments with the team and try to improve services in future.

I would urge you to discuss your care further by contacting the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk.

If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients.

Moore.brian6 reviewed University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust

Hernia operation

I attended university hospital on 7th November for a consultation regarding an iguanas hernia,after waiting nearly 6.5 months I was given a date for a pre op on Monday 15th may 2017.the add mission date was Wednesday 17th may at soda ward at 7.30 am,I waited all day till 4.30 pm,I was then informed by a staff member that my operation had been cancelled,with no explanation as to when the op would be performed again.from a very disgruntled patient

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 18 May 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 22 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at University Hospital, Coventry.

I am very sorry to hear firstly that you had to wait over six months for your operation, and then that your operation was cancelled on the day. These are not the standards that we aim to achieve for our patients, and I can appreciate how frustrating and upsetting this must have been for you.

I have spoken to one of the Modern Matrons for Surgery to make her aware of your concerns. Surgeons operate on a number of patients each day, and unfortunately if an earlier operation is more complicated than expected, sometimes this can result in delays or cancellations for other patients. I would like to apologise again for your experience. I have been assured that your consultant's secretary will be contacting you directly to arrange a new date as soon as possible.

If you would like to discuss aspects of your care further then please contact the Trust’s Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203. If you would prefer to contact us by e-mail, our address is feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk. If you do decide to contact us, please make us aware that you have left comments on the NHS Choices website.

Telephone 0800 028 4203

Anonymous reviewed University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust

annonymous blood clinic

I visited the blood clinic on 17th March. I had made an apoointment as I always do since they started using this system. It is very good the last 3 times I have been seen on time the nurses are very friendly and make you feel at ease.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 20 March 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience of the blood taking clinic at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust in March 2017.

I am really pleased to hear that you had a good experience at the clinic and also that you also made use of our online booking system. It is reassuring to hear that you have experienced the same good care on your last three visits.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Disgruntled gave University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

A duty of care?

When my adult son was admitted to this hospital with sepsis, except for 3 nurses and one anesthetist, we, as a family, found staff (doctors and nurses alike) to be off-hand and non-caring. Our opinions and feelings were rarely taken into consideration and we found the standard of care to be distinctly lacking. The cost of parking and the media equipment was absolutely extortionate and in total we spent well in excess of £300 to visit and try to assist my son who could not walk at the time and was unable to use one hand.

The question arises that is the NHS looking for back door privatisation; in our opinion, we would rather pay for private healthcare than go through this horrific experience again.

To cap it off, when I took my son for an outpatients appointment, he could hardly walk so I went to look for a wheelchair, I was informed that they were "like gold dust" and that people were forever "stealing them". An inordinate amount of car parking stewards and no security? Don't even get me started on the abysmal car parking.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 05 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear that you and your family did not have a positive experience at University Hospital while your son was being treated for Sepsis. We aim to treat all of our patients and visitors with respect and compassion and if some of our staff did not meet those standards I sincerely apologise. I have shared your comments with our management team.

I also sympathise with your frustrations regarding the car parking problems. We are working closely with our Private Finance Initiative (PFI) partners who operate these services to hopefully improve the current situation.

We are also at looking at a number of alternative solutions for wheelchairs as we do continually replenish stocks but unfortunately they are not being returned.

It is unclear from your review which ward your son was being treated on, but we would like to look into your concerns in more detail. I would therefore encourage you to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), either by phone on 0800 028 4203 or by email on feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk.

Claire