Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust

01722 336262 Salisbury District Hospital, Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

Noreen Stainwright gave Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Superb A&E Service

Had a late night visit to A&E last night for an ongoing condition which is awaiting surgery. Every single member of staff couldn't do enough for me and I received speedy tests, treatment and reassurance. The waiting time was suprisingly short and everything was sorted and I was on my way home with reassurance and medication in under 3 hours. My treatment plan and planned follow up was clearly explained so just waiting for a call from the surgical team today. Well done and thank you to everyone especially my doctor.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 02 May 2017

Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 May 2017

We are delighted to learn of the high standard of care you were given. We will ensure that the Emergency Department team are made aware of your comments and thanks. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Noreen Stainwright gave Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Unacceptable Surgery Waiting List Times

I provided a 5 star rating for the service I received in A & E on 2 May 2017, so it with great regret that I rate the Trust very differently for their surgery waiting list times and lack of communication. I was referred for surgery in November 2016 and was given to understand that the standard 18 week waiting time would be achievable and that I was on the 'urgent' surgery list. At no time were my options under NHS Choices ever explained to me, which is a failure in duty of care. On 2 May 2017 , after being on the list for 23 weeks, I was informed that the list date had slipped by a further 10 weeks and that potentially my operation could be done towards the end of July. I simply could not wait any longer as I was feeling so ill, so decided to investigate the private option and my operation was carried out in just 6 days! As a pensioner it has been difficult for me to find the money but my well being just had to come first. What has really annoyed me is that I could have gone to the same hospital with the same surgeon under the NHS but it was never explained to me as an option. This is an unacceptable and appalling failure in duty of care.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 25 May 2017

Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 May 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your waiting time for surgery and the issues that you have raised here. Please can you call our customer care department on 0800 374208, so that we can look into this in more detail. Thank you.

deb g gave Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

we are lucky to have a fantastic hospital

I had a fracture dislocation of an ankle taken to SDH by a fantastic ambulance crew. (Many thanks for Entonox!) I was seen and treated with in a short time and transfered to Amesbury ward and had surgery every person in the hospital team are fantastic and the follow up in ortho out patient clinic was amazing we just need a bigger hospital to cope with the number of houses/military returning/people living longer please help this fantastic hospital xx

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 17 June 2017

Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 June 2017

We are so pleased that your care and treatment was of such a high standard and also that you hold Salisbury hospital in such high regard. Your comments will be passed to the teams involved in your care, who will be delighted to receive this feedback. Furthermore, let us reassure you that Salisbury hospital is continuously working with military and other local partners to ensure we continue to offer the healthcare our local community requires. We wish you well with your recovery.

Graham Ingle gave Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amesbury Suite SUITE

All the staff in the Amesbury Suite that cared for me after an operation for a complete new knee were absolutely perfect. Kindness and professional care were outstanding and I just can't praise them enough.
I found the same total care in surgery, both with the surgeon and aneathetist.
Same has to be said about all other members of staff I dealt with. Outstanding !

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 01 April 2017

Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your treatment. We are glad to hear that you received such an excellent service from the Amesbury Suite team and from all of the staff involved in your care. We will ensure that your comments are passed on to these teams.

Kevin parsons gave Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Farley ward

I was admitted to Farley ward on 10/10/16 the care I received here was really good, very professional all the staff were very helpful especially when I was unsure of things, from the A&E department to the ward and throughout my stay including the physiotherapists team were great a special thanks to the staff nurse who works on the ward who went out of their way to ensure I was happy with my treatment pleas pass on my thanks to your very professional team

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 20 October 2016

Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay on Farley. It’s lovely to hear you felt your care was really good.
It’ll be our pleasure to pass on your thanks, and all those involved will be heartened to know their professionalism and care is appreciated.

Anonymous gave Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Why was the reception closed during the day

I visited the hospital today 23rd April 2016 to visit a person who had been transferred from another hospital. When I arrived the reception at the main entrance was closed. In the end I had to use the internet on my mobile phone to obtain the hospital telephone number in order to call the operator to find out where this person was. When I asked why was the reception closed they ignored my question and tried to put me through to A&E when I had already told the receptionist the person had been transformed from another hospital to a ward. I eventually found where the person was. When I repeated my story the person who had been transformed said it took the ambulance driver forty five minutes to find out what ward they were to go to.

Shameful, I hope that I never have to be admitted to this hospital.

Visited in April 2016. Posted on 23 April 2016

Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
It’s concerning to hear of the delays encountered by this patient when they were being transferred to us from another hospital. There are processes in place to ensure a smooth transfer, and so it would be useful for us to know who the patient is so we can investigate what went wrong and how we can prevent it happening again. Perhaps they could get in touch at customercare@salisbury.nhs.uk?
We are sorry it took you so long to locate the person you wanted to visit; it must have been frustrating. This is helpful feedback and we will make sure that when reception is not manned, there are clearer instructions for our out of hours contact point.

Anonymous gave Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

They will waste your time

Got here 7pm and they said the waiting time is an hour. It's 10pm I have not seen any doctor yet. Everyone came to meet me here but they have all been called to see a doctor. I'm beginning to feel like it's kinda racism going on here, because the same thing happened to me last year. Waited for 5 hours only to see a nurse Instead of a doctor. The outcome of that was just sad. I wish everyone will be treated equally here. We are all the same.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 19 February 2016

Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 April 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, please accept our apologies for the delay in responding.
We were sorry to hear that you felt you weren’t treated equally. Patients are often not seen in the order they arrive as they may be waiting to be seen by different people (majors, minors, out of hours GP for example) or others have a more urgent need and so are seen more quickly.
We hope when you were seen you were happy with the care you received. Please feel free to get in touch with us at customercare@salisbury.nhs.uk if you have any concerns.

Anonymous gave at Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Sinus Surgery

I yesterday underwent sinus surgery incorporating Fess ,Polyectomy & Sinuplasty with balloon. I had similar approx 3 years ago but unfortunately,though not unexpectedly, polyps returned hence yesterday's surgery.
I was well looked after from start i.e initial referral right through to surgery.
Last time I stayed in hospital over night but this time was allowed to go home. The only downside for me was the thought of removing
the packing but a relative trained in medical area kindly did this for me and although a bit hazy & achey am feeling great!
My consultant & his team really are extremely professional and I cannot praise highly enough!
The general nursing teams are also exceptional. Nothing is too much trouble.
My only nitpick would be the lack of beds & even yesterday lack of wheelchair to simply take me to the bathroom ..... but I think this stretches across all NHS hospitals and of course puts a pressure on all staff.
I would highly recommend however, the hospital, staff and overall care given at Salisbury. Thank you

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 26 November 2015

Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Christine Bell gave Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent treatment and care

I had a malignant melanoma removed in October 2015, done as an emergency. My care was excellent in every way. The plastic surgeon and registrar really listened as well as giving very good, clear information about procedures and probably outcomes. The anaesthetist paid clear attention to my previous problem with a general anaesthetic and reassured me appropriately. The actual operation went well and the outcome has been good. Nursing staff at every stage, from initial assessment to after care, were helpful, friendly and skilful. I am very grateful for all the excellent care I received and for the NHS generally.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 20 January 2016

Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust replied on 28 April 2016

Thank you for such positive feedback; it will be our pleasure to pass on your thanks.